PDA

View Full Version : Morency

GBV
06-19-2009, 04:10 PM
is carrying on about last night's game being fixed.

on right now ... on the score.

GBV
06-19-2009, 04:10 PM
ps he's angry.
not that that's news!

Jack
06-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Who?

Dirk Diggler
06-19-2009, 04:14 PM
wtf is morency?

Waggy
06-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Ummm there are some games that could be fixed. But a 6-1 outcome? I mean shit. Its not like we converted all our chances either. We just ran circles around them. And Montreals got a much more REAL rivalry with vancouver (given they play in the league together, and have for years). Why would they possibly go out of their way to help them?

GBV
06-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Gabe Morency ... co-host of the MORENCY show on The Score (channel 53 here).
It's on TV and on satellite radio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Morency

Blue Ball
06-19-2009, 04:16 PM
i believe he is an impact fan. he used to be a writer for them.

GBV
06-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Ummm there are some games that could be fixed. But a 6-1 outcome? I mean shit. Its not like we converted all our chances either. We just ran circles around them. And Montreals got a much more REAL rivalry with vancouver (given they play in the league together, and have for years). Why would they possibly go out of their way to help them?

conspiracy theorist would say montreal would love to not see vancouver win the trophy.

Red CB Toronto
06-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Gabe is just crazy, he loved to drop the F Bombs live on the air, and is over the top.

FluSH
is carrying on about last night's game being fixed.

on right now ... on the score.

Is this some sort media company?

Yohan
seriously?

Mtl had several good chances to ruin TFC's night. That didn't look so fixed to me

Pigfynn
06-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Fix my ass! One team was very bad while one was really good.

Simple.

FluSH
06-19-2009, 04:19 PM
conspiracy theorist would say montreal would love to not see vancouver win the trophy.

Conspiracy theorists need to look at Montreal's keeper coming out waaaaaay of his line to pressure his boys and score the spoiler....

and that Placindido dude wanted to fight Guevara... and spoil our victory.... you can't fix that...

rocker
06-19-2009, 04:19 PM
yeah. and Frei was paid off to make those GREAT SAVES on real Impact chances. hahaha.

DangerRed
06-19-2009, 04:20 PM
This guy looks like a huge douche. He's wearing a camo hat and a sweatshirt that has two middle fingers on it, because, you know, he's so extreme.

Hey Gabe: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

CretanBull
06-19-2009, 04:22 PM

But logic says that they'd rather see anyone but Toronto to win.

Northern Soul
06-19-2009, 04:22 PM
This douche? Lol.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iX9_OJngjHM/SY9SCRWGcqI/AAAAAAAAAAM/qCv0SHbXS98/S240/gabe.jpg

DangerRed
06-19-2009, 04:24 PM
This douche? Lol.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iX9_OJngjHM/SY9SCRWGcqI/AAAAAAAAAAM/qCv0SHbXS98/S240/gabe.jpg

Wow. Just .... wow. Dude's rocking a backwards hat and looks old enough to be my dad.

:rofl:

Waggy
06-19-2009, 04:26 PM

I agree. But thats not a bribe or anything, thats a team taking a dive to spite another team. Happens all the time in sports

Also: I swear by the score. I DESPISE tsn and sportsnet. BUT, the ONLY person I instantly change off of if I see them, is this asshole. Something about him just really rubs me the wrong way (insert gay joke 74 here). I have him ranked on a level with whats his name from OTR. And I HAAAATTTEEE that asshat with a fiery passion

BeninatoTFC
06-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Morency is the man, he's a shock jock. He has great insight to sports, his show is the best 5 o'clock radio show in Toronto. They actually cover sports, not what kind of underwear Jeff Finger is wearing in the middle of July.

rocker
06-19-2009, 04:28 PM
did somebody bribe montreal to lose the other 3 games too?

did Santos bribe montreal to collapse in the Champions League? hahahah

Beach_Red
06-19-2009, 04:32 PM
did somebody bribe montreal to lose the other 3 games too?

did Santos bribe montreal to collapse in the Champions League? hahahah

No, I thought the conspiracy was that Montreal and Vancouver traded sweeps of each other to keep TFC out. All Montreal had to do to keep its end of te bargain was NOT LOSE BY FOUR! Which would have seemed safe enough for the bookies.....

Seriously, if Toronto sports teams could fix something, this wouldn't be it.

Waggy
06-19-2009, 04:35 PM
No, I thought the conspiracy was that Montreal and Vancouver traded sweeps of each other to keep TFC out. All Montreal had to do to keep its end of te bargain was NOT LOSE BY FOUR! Which would have seemed safe enough for the bookies.....

Seriously, if Toronto sports teams could fix something, this wouldn't be it.

I say this as a big fan, but *cough* *cough* ARGOS *cough* *cough*

Also, I have to say, that girl who reffed the majority of these games I thought did very well. MUCH better than almost every mls ref I've seen

Azerban
06-19-2009, 04:38 PM

this is what i look liek irl

Batman
06-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Wow. Just .... wow. Dude's rocking a backwards hat and looks old enough to be my dad.

:rofl:

Years ago...I convinced my son that a cap was an IQ meter.... Forward was highest and sideways was lowest. Backwards was middle of the pack.

He definitely avoided sideways.:D

Raging Reggie
06-19-2009, 05:02 PM
yea i heard his rant going on about how it cost 30 million to get a team into MLS and maybe if they lost they could get into the MLS for 29 million or something stupid like that :P

guy i dont think really was following the competition though and i dont think he understood montreal didnt have anything to play for and injuries as why they werent playing all there starters and whatnot. Anways.....irrelevant what he thinks!!!! its just stupid hahaha

TFCinVANCOUVER
06-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Years ago...I convinced my son that a cap was an IQ meter.... Forward was highest and sideways was lowest. Backwards was middle of the pack.

He definitely avoided sideways.:D

Well said! I smack my kid brother for wearing his hat like that!
If he continued to wear his hat like that at Morency's age he be retarded from all my backhands!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-19-2009, 05:07 PM

the secret deal is...the Impact let TFC win 6-1 and in the winter the leafs must let the Canadians win 6-1 so he can collect on proline!!

EAsoccer
06-22-2009, 02:18 AM
hahaha fixed? morency is shock, just trying to keep his show on the airwaves.

if it was fixed, those were some nice goals, dero scissors, guevara freekick would have been easier/looked much less fixed to just let 4 in instead of having montreal score first lol

grizzle
06-22-2009, 03:16 AM
Definitely fixed... thats why they let Montreal get the first penalty shot :S How do idiots like this get jobs.

Pookie
06-22-2009, 05:50 AM
Definitely fixed... thats why they let Montreal get the first penalty shot :S How do idiots like this get jobs.

Is it possible it was fixed?

Yeah, sure it is. Read "The Fix" about corruption in football and just look to the Italian Serie A for recent examples.

Was it fixed?

If it was, it was very well done. As pointed above, giving Montreal the first and only penalty kick is a curious way to go about handing the match to Toronto.

If the ultimate desired result was having Toronto advance as part of a bigger conspiracy within the CSA to showcase it's better talent, it would have been a curious decision to have Toronto lose 2-0 to Vancouver when all that was needed was a draw.

So, no, it wasn't fixed.

TorontoBlades
06-22-2009, 07:26 AM
There saying it's fixed. Those little weasles were WASTING TIME when they were losing 4-1, on breaks in the action. It pissed me off that, because they had no vested interest in the score line, they wanted to win for pride...not by a set score. They also started bringing in their rested players at the end to stop the rush. What they did was the opposite of fixing for us - if anything, they went out of their way during the game to ensure they spoiled.

Wagner
06-22-2009, 07:29 AM
he's irrelevant.
he's from MTL.
his ratings are just brutal.
he's gone after other popular toronto things just to get attention.
f him.
he's a loser.
not worth our time.

zeelaw
06-22-2009, 07:54 AM
Get Dunlop and the Brits on his case

Nodoubtguy
06-22-2009, 07:56 AM
I can't stand this guy at all....

Ladies Love Julius James
06-22-2009, 07:58 AM
He's hit and miss for me. Somedays he's on his game other times he's just annoying. He's a huge gambler so he probably took the Impact or an under on the over/under. Plus he's from MTL.

cuecas_red
06-22-2009, 07:59 AM
read the book "the Fix" and you can see how this game could have been fixed. I didn't see what the odds were for Toronto to win by 4 but I'm sure there was a good pay out if they did. There only needs to be 3 or 4 players in on the fix not the whole team.

zeelaw
06-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Here is why its not fixed
-No where near enough money involved.
-There was never any decisions that the referee could of flip-flopped on. In fact, she gave away a clear-cut penalty to Montreal

Those two are the most obvious.

billyfly
06-22-2009, 08:14 AM
He thinks it was fixed for the same reason I can't believe we won 6-1.

B/c TFC gave us no evidence they were capable of winning by 4 goals or more.

The difference between this moron and me is one thing - I don't
care!

EDIT: I also don't wear my hats sideways

Pachuco
06-22-2009, 09:17 AM
I was part of game fixing once in my life as a rep player. We were in a tournament and a team we had beat 16-0 (terrible team) somehow was going to make it into the semi-finals (and play us again) unless we lost to the other team. So in this case, we let the team win for the good of the game. The last thing we wanted was another 16-0 rump in the semi-finals, we wantd a challenge.

I can tell you this, nobody new we fixed the game, not even the team we played against. The other team was really happy to win 3-0. We played all our players, we just simply gave them a few opportunities to score some goals (such as foul them around the box) or not close him in when they took a shot. They scored some nice goals too.

So while I don't think this game was fixed, the reasons some of you are using are just funny. Fixed games are about the outcome, not how it happens. If the game was fixed, and Guevara misses the free kick, then it would just happen that next shot on net probably goes in somehow.

Again though, I don't believe this game was fixed as in Toronto payed Montreal. I do however believe that the Montreal players on the field didn't give it all they had. That became pretty obvious to me when I saw them play against Vancouver. Why they didn't? well, either they didn't want to exert themselves because they were playing 2 days later or they simply hate Vancouver that much.

Steve
06-22-2009, 10:07 AM
There saying it's fixed. Those little weasles were WASTING TIME when they were losing 4-1, on breaks in the action. It pissed me off that, because they had no vested interest in the score line, they wanted to win for pride...not by a set score. They also started bringing in their rested players at the end to stop the rush. What they did was the opposite of fixing for us - if anything, they went out of their way during the game to ensure they spoiled.

Yeah, that was the key. The Montreal coach wasn't trying to throw the game, he was trying to do the least amount necessary to accomplish their goal (which was probably not being blown out). It's done in football all the time. Do you play your best players, when your second stringers need time, and could probably get the job done? It's a gamble, but a necessary one.

The coach probably just figured (rightfully so when looking at how TFC has played, and finished) that he could play a good, but not great, side and get away with a loss by 1 or two goals. That wouldn't effect anything, wouldn't embaress the team, and would allow him to save some of his best players to play against Vancouver. Then, when TFC started pouring it on strong, he started subbing in his starters (beginning of second half) to try to hold back the TFC attack. It didn't work. The coach made a tactical error for sure, but he certainly wasn't trying to give TFC the tournement.