PDA

View Full Version : ...those TFC gift cards that you can get

TOBOR !
06-19-2009, 12:15 PM
only through trial and error (and eventually reading the squintyprint on the back) have I discovered that you cannot use these things at BMO Field.

Double You Tea Eff ? Eff Eff Ess.

I go to BMO Field to watch TFC play. I don't go to ACC for any reason other than someone snagged free Leaf Tix and asked me to go to a game with them.

Now I just found out that I'm getting a couple more for Father's Day - not that I'm complaining, mind, my kids are the best - so now I have three of these things and no way of spending them... no convenient way of spending them at least.

Has anyone here ever used these things to purchase tix online ? Maybe I'll use them towards seats for the first CCL home game. I just can't see myself at the foot of Bay St. in the near future (and knowing MLSE these cards probably have an expiry date).

Note to MLSE - how about accepting these at BMO - you know, the place where people go to watch TFC play - rather than ACC ? Maybe you could tack whatever stadium improvements are required onto the budget for grass installation for next season.

/rant

thanks - carry on

rocker
06-19-2009, 12:16 PM
can i use those cards to get a flight to Puerto Rico?

JDG
06-19-2009, 12:18 PM
By law, there can no longer be an expiry date on gift cards.
If brought to the attention of the right people, I'm sure the fine print can be amended. I doubt the intent was to alienate TFC & Marlies fans/supporters.

TOBOR !
06-19-2009, 12:24 PM
By law, there can no longer be an expiry date on gift cards.
If brought to the attention of the right people, I'm sure the fine print can be amended. I doubt the intent was to alienate TFC & Marlies fans/supporters.

Yeah - I was being a bit sarcy there, but still - I tried the tat peddler just west of gate 1 and was told I'd have to go to the main vendor opposite gate 3. Upon dutifully ariving there I was informed I could only use them at the ACC, where, i'm sure you'll agree, they have fuck all TFC stuff on display (as found when I was last there for one of those Leaf games).

They're also non-refundable.

Do you think I can just hand them over to Paul and he'll give me $75 to spend ?

Pigfynn
06-19-2009, 12:34 PM
When I was at the NY game a friend of ours bought a home short sleeved jersey with name on the back and when he tried to pay with those gift cards was told they aren't accepted at BMO. He still bought the shirt without being able to use $75 worth of gift cards some one got him for that very reason.It's the dumbest thing ever. Not only should they work at BMO, they should work online for merch as well. I've started a thread about this before...still no real answers.

TOBOR !
06-19-2009, 12:42 PM
When I was at the NY game a friend of ours bought a home short sleeved jersey with name on the back and when he tried to pay with those gift cards was told they aren't accepted at BMO. He still bought the shirt without being able to use $75 worth of gift cards some one got him for that very reason.It's the dumbest thing ever. Not only should they work at BMO, they should work online for merch as well. I've started a thread about this before...still no real answers.

Shameful. The thing is you only find out that you can't use them at BMO when you try to use them at BMO. Who reads the backs of these things before buying them ? And they're always purchased as a gift - hence the term 'gift card' - so now the buyer is a little embarassed because you have to go to such lengths to redeem the gesture. Perhaps there's a built in 'inconvenience tax'.

It's misleading because the adverts say you can use them for tickets and merchandise, but they leave out the bit where you can't actually use them at BMO - the logical choice.

Bah.