PDA

View Full Version : No Gerba til July?

jloome
06-19-2009, 10:55 AM
...according to Dobson's blog today. What up, Mo?

Lucky Strike
06-19-2009, 10:58 AM

Whatever happens with him, I hope at a minimum he can be in the line-up for July 28 against Puerto Rico if in fact a contract is imminent.

Jack
06-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Link, perhaps?

Jay P
06-19-2009, 11:00 AM
i think Dobson was referring to Gerba getting called in to Team Canada for Gold Cup play for July....

Nuvinho
06-19-2009, 11:01 AM
We play 3 games before July 15th.....It may seem so far away, but its not that far.

NYRB, RSL, and SJ.

Darlofletch
06-19-2009, 11:04 AM

But lots of people confirmed it was a done deal, including Jack, we were told Jack's word should be good enough and we didn't have to wait for official confirmation. I just don't know who to believe any more.:p

rocker
06-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Gold Cup group stage is July 3-10th. TFC's first game in July is July 11.

prob is, if you let Gerba go (and they don't have to, right? it's not WCQ.. also he is not fit so would they want him?) and Canada does well, he could be there until late-July.

Jack
06-19-2009, 11:08 AM
But lots of people confirmed it was a done deal, including Jack, we were told Jack's word should be good enough and we didn't have to wait for official confirmation. I just don't know who to believe any more.:p
The deal is done between TFC and Gerba.

The issue now is the MLS paperwork stuff which, as we all know, is sometimes a huge hurdle.

You'll note I changed that thread title to "in MLS limbo" :D

Lucky Strike
06-19-2009, 11:08 AM
We play 3 games before July 15th.....It may seem so far away, but its not that far.

NYRB, RSL, and SJ.

Those are all very winnable games, hope we can pull off something good there.

Alarius
06-19-2009, 11:59 AM
After last night's game I can't see how they can't score at least 2 goals each game... perhaps 4 against SJ..
With their backs up against the wall, they were able to pull out a miracle performance...

Pigfynn
06-19-2009, 12:28 PM
^^Montreal played badly as well you can't forget.Most MLS teams are going to give you a hell of alot better performance than that.

Lucky Strike
06-19-2009, 12:29 PM
After last night's game I can't see how they can't score at least 2 goals each game... perhaps 4 against SJ..
With their backs up against the wall, they were able to pull out a miracle performance...

As great as the 6-1 was, I'm concerned there may be an emotional let-off in the next games which could cost us.

giambac
06-19-2009, 12:40 PM

Let's put things into perspective and not get carried away.

We are all happy about the win and the huge offensive out break,

HOWEVER

1) Montreal is a USL Team
2) Montreal is a very weak USL team this year
3) The coach for Montreal decided to use mostlly reserve players , including all 4 back defenders and their goalie. This is because Montreeal has a league match tomorrow vs Vancouver and yesterdays game was a nothing game for Montreal.

So let's be happy with the win, with the Cup and hope for continued success in the CONCACEF. However don't get carried away and call it a Miracle in Montreal??????????

Jack
06-19-2009, 12:45 PM

HOWEVER

3) The coach for Montreal decided to use mostlly reserve players , including all 4 back defenders and their goalie. This is because Montreeal has a league match tomorrow vs Vancouver and yesterdays game was a nothing game for Montreal.

So let's be happy with the win, with the Cup and hope for continued success in the CONCACEF. However don't get carried away and call it a Miracle in Montreal??????????

Tell me something, G. Did you think they were going to score 4 more goals than Montreal let alone 5?

I know I didn't.

No one is carried away, but let's celebrate the win.

We need it and we deserve it. Whatever the competition, our guys stepped it up when they had to and DeRo and Guevara were both phenomenal.

gtaguy
06-19-2009, 01:23 PM
There has been a good amount of lows in this club.

Those that don't see this as righting the ship after that shit loss to vancouver in vancouver then i really don't know what cloud or hole you been hiding under .
This is a stepping stone for bigger and better things to come. This is a show of solidarity amongst the players and a demostration that when the team has focus anything can be accomplished. (this was no ordinary feat)

Let not forget that both Montreal and Vancouver clubs have stated time and time again that there is no real difference between these two leagues except money spent on players ... So why all of a sudden are we looking for excuses for them..

I agree with jack that Dero and Guevara were both massive... I'm starting to think that these two guys feed off each others energy.. This i hope can be contagious...

Lucky Strike
06-19-2009, 01:27 PM

HOWEVER

Leave it to you to point out the one cloud in the sky.

Beach_Red
06-19-2009, 01:43 PM

Oh, he's not the only one, plenty of guys are trying to "put it in perspective."

People aren't getting too carried away that TFC won a big game, people know what this was, but I would say some people are reaching pretty far to make it seem unimportant or to make too many excuses. We all know that if the game had been against the Trois Rivieres Attack the same guys putting this "in perspective" would not have expected a 6-1 win.

This is something to celebrate. And for the team it's something to build on.

Some guys just don't know what to do when there aren't enough negatives to focus on. They'll get over it ;).

GhostPK
06-19-2009, 01:50 PM

Theres no cloud in the sky, just someone trying to piss on our parade.

Toronto FC scored 6 goals. Need I repeat... 6 goals. Does everyone truely think l'impact wanted to go down on record as the team that got blown out in the CNC? Not to mention a week ago everyone wanted the team fired as they couldnt score on an empty net twice as big more then twice. The boys came out hard and scored 6 goals, yea our defence was crap, but it had to be and we played it that way. Frei was huge when he needed to be and the rest of our 9 guys (one stayed back) pressured on. Montreal could have easily had 3 goals on the scoreboard, but while we were attacking deep Frei setup a brick wall in net.

The boys had destiny in their own hands and they capitalized. No one can take that away from us.:scarf::flare:

rocker
06-19-2009, 01:54 PM
OK Giambac is in my ignore list but you guys quoted him so I see it.

He's patently wrong on this point: Montreal did not "use mostly reserved players".

They STARTED 7 players who STARTED against Vancouver in this tournament. 1 of the subs STARTED against Vancouver.

Let's get this fact out there because it seems popular to say it was a CSL team.
There was more USL experience on the field than Vancouver put out there against Montreal. Fact.

Now stop quoting Giambac ;)

Brooker
06-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Now stop quoting Giambac ;)

please and ty.

Lucky Strike
06-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Theres no cloud in the sky, just someone trying to piss on our parade.

Toronto FC scored 6 goals. Need I repeat... 6 goals. Does everyone truely think l'impact wanted to go down on record as the team that got blown out in the CNC? Not to mention a week ago everyone wanted the team fired as they couldnt score on an empty net twice as big more then twice. The boys came out hard and scored 6 goals, yea our defence was crap, but it had to be and we played it that way. Frei was huge when he needed to be and the rest of our 9 guys (one stayed back) pressured on. Montreal could have easily had 3 goals on the scoreboard, but while we were attacking deep Frei setup a brick wall in net.

The boys had destiny in their own hands and they capitalized. No one can take that away from us.:scarf::flare:
For sure I agree. It's just a good expression I haven't used in a while. This was all positive for me last night.

Super
06-19-2009, 02:21 PM
The USL is VERY close in strength to the MLS - we've seen this time and time again. And let's not forget our upcoming opponent Puerto Rico who made the semi-final in the Champions League. Sure, they rested players in Montreal, but it was still going to be a very difficult game. The players fought with more heart than I've seen in a while, and they desperately wanted to win this one for us. I'm very happy for them, and also for us.

Either way you slice it, last night we lifted our FIRST TROPHY in the history of this club. There will be others I'm sure, and even bigger titles than the Canada Cup of course, but the first one is always special. Some people seem to think it's not worthy of getting truly MASSIVELY excited about, but then that's their problem. We were very, very happy, and so were the players. VERY happy!!!

Eastend
06-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Isn't this a thread about Gerba not coming until July?

......but since we're off topic, these same people that are pissing on the parade would be shitting all over the boards about how bad we are had we lost....

giambac
06-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Tell me something, G. Did you think they were going to score 4 more goals than Montreal let alone 5?

I know I didn't.

No one is carried away, but let's celebrate the win.

We need it and we deserve it. Whatever the competition, our guys stepped it up when they had to and DeRo and Guevara were both phenomenal.

Jack,

with all due respect, I think you are missing my point.

I clearly stated in my post that it was a great win and a huge win for us. I didn't expect to get the 4 goals so we should all be proud and excited and build from there.

I was making my point to a post made from another supporter who said that after last nights game we should expect TFC to score a miinimum of 4 goals against a SJ team. I was telling him to calm down and to put our win into perspective. A win it was, and a huge stepping stone for this team and franchise. But cmon lets not go over board where all of a sudden people are expecting that all our offensive problems are solved.

That was my point.
It seems that people don't read the full post and take things out of context.

Jack
06-19-2009, 03:20 PM
True enough.