PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs PR Islanders

DaBandit
06-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if the home leg of the qualifier against the Islanders on July 28th is included as part of the STH package?

I'm assuming it is but wanted to know if anyone was certain of this.

Cheers,

Miko
06-19-2009, 10:00 AM
July 22 is the River Plate Game.

The CCl game against PR is scheduled for either the 28th or 29th and is included as part of the STH package

DaBandit
06-19-2009, 10:02 AM
July 22 is the River Plate Game.

The CCl game against PR is scheduled for either the 28th or 29th and is included as part of the STH package

Edited the date of the original post so there is no confusion... Thx for the reply, much appriciated.

Cheers,

mlsintoronto
06-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Home game vs PR Islanders is very likely July 28. no start time yet.

Miko
06-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks Paul.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Do you know when tickets would be going on sale to the public?

SilverSamurai
06-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Do you know when tickets would be going on sale to the public?
Wondering the same thing...

Nuvinho
06-19-2009, 10:48 AM
^ aren't there only like 4,000 for sale, since its included in the STH package.

mastermixer
06-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Talk about the ultimate vacation... Beach, Sun and TFC!

Roogsy
06-21-2009, 12:13 AM
In the middle of August...you'll get more sun than you think is possible! LOL!

If anyone out there is looking to get really tanned...this is the trip for you!

I must admit I am thinking about it.

devioustrevor
06-21-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm seriously thinking about it. Although saving up the pennies may be a struggle with only a few weeks notice. Plus, I'd have to get a passport.

FluSH
06-21-2009, 12:26 AM
In the middle of August...you'll get more sun than you think is possible! LOL!

If anyone out there is looking to get really tanned...this is the trip for you!

I must admit I am thinking about it.

Aeroplan can help you... CIBC has a promo that can get you 30,000 miles... you'll probably need just a bit more than that considering that I am using 50k to go to South America...

Anyhow for anyone that uses airmiles... read this Globe article.... Aeroplan is King:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/there-is-no-free-flight/article174311/

P.S. I don't work for Aeroplan or CIBC fckrs... so don't ask!

Intru
06-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Heres something I wrote on another area of the forum for does who have questions about PR.

You could take the metro from the hotel district in San Juan to the game as well but you'll need a taxi to the metro to the hotels and back. Dont expect taxis at that metro station you would have to arange with the taxy service to pic you up. There is a good hotel near the stadium but Bayamon is not a tourist city and such there isn't alot of sites and it isnt as pleceant as San Juan. Tecnically you could walk from this hotel to the stadium but i wouldnt recomened it and should just take a taxy there, PR isnt very pedestrian firendly place outside of the city squares and the turist and main business areas. Plus theres a project between the hotel neighboorhood and the stadium jeje.

If you plan to rent a car then remember drivers are very agressive and tend to not follow some transit laws much so be on your guard. Google maps and mapquest all that works pretty well so you can plan your trips to the stadium with that or ask the people at the hotel to give directions. You will mainly be on highways so its not like you can get very lost.

Like any metro area if stay away from areas that dont look safe and nothing will happen to you, if you dont trust your sences ask at the hotel desk your staying at where to go and where not go. Theres alot of beautifull thing you can do and see in PR if you are planning to make a vacation of this trip.

Stadium etiquet, if you behave will behave and it will be a pleaseant experience for both teams fans.

If you have more questions let me know. i'm one of the leaders of one of the supporters groups here

Hooligan69
06-21-2009, 12:29 AM
How much would a flight cost anyway? :eek:

FluSH
06-21-2009, 12:36 AM
$571

not motherfucking cheap... I might save my dough and skip this one as I won't be able to book a vacation in August... Would have loved to visit PR though...

nascarguy
06-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Aeroplan can help you... CIBC has a promo that can get you 30,000 miles... you'll probably need just a bit more than that considering that I am using 50k to go to South America...

Anyhow for anyone that uses airmiles... read this Globe article.... Aeroplan is King:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/there-is-no-free-flight/article174311/

P.S. I don't work for Aeroplan or CIBC fckrs... so don't ask!

so do you work for work for Aeroplan or CIBC....lol

onemanbarmyarmy
06-21-2009, 05:33 AM
$571

not motherfucking cheap... I might save my dough and skip this one as I won't be able to book a vacation in August... Would have loved to visit PR though...

Cheaper than a flight from Vancouver to Montreal to watch your team NOT play and NOT win the Voyageurs Cup.

Mikey
06-21-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm in Aruba two weeks before, but Anne is still looking at flights for this game....:flare:

ensco
06-21-2009, 07:27 AM
If if if.... imagine going to see TFC play here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ZTZwnUWgg&feature=related

Redpunkfiddle
06-21-2009, 06:49 PM

The bastards at CONCACAF had listed the Canadian home game vs Puerto Rico with a 10pm start time- Eastern- on their website last week. It was then that I felt that the universe might inflict justice on the 18th.

I presume we'll set something earlier (you know, to accomodate that guy who has to catch the bus to Brantford).

Blizzard
06-21-2009, 06:57 PM
^ aren't there only like 4,000 for sale, since its included in the STH package.

I think that would be correct.

jloome
06-21-2009, 07:01 PM

So are you gonna fill us in on Mo's reaction to the win the other night at some point?

I imagine he was feeling....er,... somewhat elated.

Ladies Love Julius James
06-21-2009, 07:04 PM
So are you gonna fill us in on Mo's reaction to the win the other night at some point?

I imagine he was feeling....er,... somewhat elated.

I ran into Dichio on the streets in MTL post game. He told me where to go to find Mo LOL he was real happy.

Beach_Red
06-21-2009, 07:07 PM
The bastards at CONCACAF had listed the Canadian home game vs Puerto Rico with a 10pm start time- Eastern- on their website last week. It was then that I felt that the universe might inflict justice on the 18th.

I presume we'll set something earlier (you know, to accomodate that guy who has to catch the bus to Brantford).

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lennon
06-21-2009, 07:38 PM

Obviously assumed that TFC had no chance ... we showed them

rocker
06-21-2009, 07:44 PM
He told me where to go to find Mo.

at Club Super Sexe?

Nuvinho
06-21-2009, 07:46 PM
so August 4th in PR, then the team is gonna fly back to play Real Madrid on the 7th. I guess we'll be seeing Gomez and Sanyang playing alot.

Ladies Love Julius James
06-21-2009, 07:49 PM
at Club Super Sexe?

No but I'm taking the 5th on anything related to that night :D

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-21-2009, 07:58 PM

:D 7, 7:30 plz!!

Kaz
06-21-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm upset I may have to miss the game.. :( I don't think I can get down and back for work the next day at 7am. If its an earlier game I might be good but I have to be gone by 11:30pm...

of course I doubt I'll get tickets if there are only 4,000

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-21-2009, 08:27 PM
:D 7, 7:30 plz!!

7....so you want a half full stadium for the first 45!~

8pm!

Naturegirl
06-21-2009, 08:38 PM

can you help those of us who are going to Puerto Rico get tickets to the game? i have no clue how to go about that lol

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-21-2009, 08:41 PM
can you help those of us who are going to Puerto Rico get tickets to the game? i have no clue how to go about that lol

try here!
http://www.puertoricoislandersfc.com/

Naturegirl
06-21-2009, 08:42 PM
i'll be going for the game. i should have a thread in the away section soon......as soon as i get home from Costa Rica!! :D

watch for it. it would be great to get some people down there for them!!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-21-2009, 08:44 PM
we can take these f'ers! :) if we dont...it'll be back to we cant beat USL sides!

Ive seen this team play in Rochester.......they are no better then the whitecaps....win our home game get a result on the road and Columbus...Mexico here we come!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-21-2009, 08:48 PM
i'll be going for the game. i should have a thread in the away section soon......as soon as i get home from Costa Rica!! :D

watch for it. it would be great to get some people down there for them!!

when you done using that money tree in your backyard can i use it! ;)

Stugatzo
06-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Less than $400 out of buffalo.
I'm a going!!

FluSH
06-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Less than $400 out of buffalo.
I'm a going!!

smart play...

Roogsy
06-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Yep...I saw tix for around $350 as well. I am seriously thinking about it too.

FluSH
06-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Unfortunately it would be nearly impossible for me to get this time off... I will be praying that we do well and I'll save my coin for Mexico and/or Costa Rica.

Intru
06-21-2009, 10:35 PM
we can take these f'ers! :) if we dont...it'll be back to we cant beat USL sides!

Ive seen this team play in Rochester.......they are no better then the whitecaps....win our home game get a result on the road and Columbus...Mexico here we come!

Dont log us in with does two wannabe teams. Rochester is a joke next to the Islanders and so is la mierda blanca.

noochie
06-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Dont log us in with does two wannabe teams. Rochester is a joke next to the Islanders and so is la mierda blanca.

lol, seagull poop is funny

Intru
06-21-2009, 10:52 PM

At the stadium, you should see if your FO could help you guys get them. I'll email our FO and see what their trying to set up with this games tickets. You guys should also try to email our FO to see what they tell ya. All our FO speak english.

Lennon
06-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Who do I send $20 to so that I can view the away trips forum ... ?

Intru
06-21-2009, 11:02 PM
lol, seagull poop is funny

Since they stole the final hosting rights away from us last year we are not on friendly terms.

Dunkers
06-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Also saw PRI play, when they came to Vancouver, nothing special, a bunch of guys flopping around on the pitch in bright orange boots...not to worried about them being first in the USLeither, as they have played 10 of 14 games at home.

Roogsy
06-21-2009, 11:26 PM
We say the same things over and over about USL teams and yet they have consistently shown to be competent enough to beat MLS teams on any given day.

I personally have not seen any Islander games, but I hear they are organized and solid. So let's avoid the overconfidence and make sure the boys know they have to go in there thinking they are going up against a team that is able to beat them if they don't pay attention.

MartinUtd
06-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Their leading scorer is a defender

http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/2009/934378.html

What's up with that?

MartinUtd
06-21-2009, 11:31 PM
We say the same things over and over about USL teams and yet they have consistently shown to be competent enough to beat MLS teams on any given day.

I personally have not seen any Islander games, but I hear they are organized and solid. So let's avoid the overconfidence and make sure the boys know they have to go in there thinking they are going up against a team that is able to beat them if they don't pay attention.

Can't be that organized, they've let in 16 goals in 14 games, more than any team outside the bottom three.

I'm more worried about what our team will look like than theirs.

Daveisonfire
06-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Their leading scorer is a defender

http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/2009/934378.html

What's up with that?

Probably means they are good at taking set pieces.....defending set pieces is one of our weaker points.

But I'm just guessing

Yohan
06-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Probably means they are good at taking set pieces.....defending set pieces is one of our weaker points.

But I'm just guessing
and one of the major weapons that a weaker team can use to beat a stronger team

Intru
06-21-2009, 11:56 PM
His our designated pk taker 4 of his 6 goals are pks, i think his 6-6 in pks dis year including CCL pks, the other two where during the regular run of play, his a winger (Arrieta last year defender of the year). We also have the strongest offense in the league and are currently at firs betting Charleston, the strongest defense in the league (6 goals against), in back to back games. The Islanders had a bad start to the season but they seem to have gotten back in sink. If your players have your same opinions they are just falling into the same trap all our CCL opponents did last year.

Roogsy
06-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Which is dangerous for us.

Heads up boys...it will be a hard fought battle!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-22-2009, 08:05 AM
I'll tune in to the Battery vs Islanders game on thursday.....It will be interesting to se what we are up against! I think it might be live on Fox CANADA

Kaz
06-22-2009, 09:36 AM
All one has to do is watch what they did last year to know this is going to be a hard fought start... I am not looking forward to it, particularly with several players away from Gold Cup before hand. It's a game where we will need Gerba, DeRo and Guevera on their game. And our back line issues fixed.

There is a real chance that with the weakness of our back line that they will beat us handily.

The Group we have drawn is not an easy one.
PRI is a strong Club,
In Group stage
we have yet to beat Columbus.
Cruz Azul isn't going to be a push over.
and Saprissa is one of the Strongest Costa Rican clubs.

it's not an easy draw. Two of the clubs we have to face were in the Semi Finals last year. The Boys have their work cut out for them.

Intru
06-22-2009, 01:28 PM
I'll tune in to the Battery vs Islanders game on thursday.....It will be interesting to se what we are up against! I think it might be live on Fox CANADA

You know you can watch any usl 1 game for free online at USLlive.com

rocker
06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
gee, why couldn't we have Real Esteli as our play in opponent?

oh wait.. nicaragua lost its spot.

too bad we didn't get this club.. love the name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W_Connection

kodiakTFC
06-22-2009, 02:03 PM
With the new allocation system for the Champions League, it has become a much harder tournament to win.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-23-2009, 11:52 AM
7....so you want a half full stadium for the first 45!~

8pm!

its 8pm....so you will have thousands leaving before the final whistle...does that look any better?

Jay P
06-23-2009, 11:56 AM
8pm on the 29th, so STOP VOTING FOR TFC PLAYERS for the MLS all star game!

Naturegirl
06-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately it would be nearly impossible for me to get this time off... I will be praying that we do well and I'll save my coin for Mexico and/or Costa Rica.
make it CR babe.....as i am here right now and planning with my friends where and all that stuff for when we all come here for the game :D

Vhoghul
06-23-2009, 06:44 PM
I've booked my Puerto Rico flight already. I'm going!

TFC111
06-23-2009, 07:00 PM
I've booked my Puerto Rico flight already. I'm going!

Me too. First champs league qualifier international visit. I just hope its worth it after the first leg. I know I know Montreal wasn't going to be worth it blah blah blah. I am going.