PDA

View Full Version : Stop Voting for Allstars!

Mojo
06-19-2009, 09:51 AM
I don't know if theres any penalty for declining an allstar invitation, but theres NO WAY IN HELL I want to see our boys play against PRC on the 28th and then fly over to Salt Lake for a useless game on the 29th.

Do whatever you can to make sure that our guys don't play in that game!

Sonny Cheeba
06-19-2009, 09:54 AM
ummm it would be bad if it was the other way around.

__wowza
06-19-2009, 09:56 AM
the sounders fans are stacking the roster, but MLS has already said it doesnt matter how many votes they cast, because the final say is on the organization and the club managers. aka: why vote period? they already know who they want in the starting 11.

ensco
06-19-2009, 09:59 AM
There are no non-stop flights from Toronto to Salt Lake any more.

So they are going to ask one or more of our key players to play against PRI on July 28, then fly Toronto to Salt Lake with a plane change on July 29....and then fly back across the country to Boston for Aug 1!

+1

James17930
06-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah -- keep as many TFC players off the all-star team as possible.

Roogsy
06-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Not just the All Star game. How does that Real Madrid game look now that we've added another game at the end of July? This creates pressure on the team to play starters when the starters have had a real game that counts inserted into the schedule which puts pressure on the MLS games they now have.

rocker
06-19-2009, 12:11 PM
hopefully our players refuse to go. even if they have to pay a fine.
I can't see De Ro willingly going.

timmay
06-19-2009, 12:33 PM
just because they make the team, doesnt mean they have to play. I dont see why there would be a fine, if there is ill pay it.

rocker
06-19-2009, 12:39 PM
other NA leagues will fine a player for not showing up. the NHL has threatened this against some (I remember Sundin being involved in that, or almost being involved).

but Paul Beirne just said on Twitter that he thinks the league will not require TFC players to go.
I think the league would recognize that TFC getting into Champions League is more important.

Other leagues fine players cuz the players have nothing else to do... fining laziness/disinterest I guess.

Darlofletch
06-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Not just the All Star game. How does that Real Madrid game look now that we've added another game at the end of July? This creates pressure on the team to play starters when the starters have had a real game that counts inserted into the schedule which puts pressure on the MLS games they now have.

Are we going to have to go to the press and confirm that our star players are contractually obliged to play at least 45 minutes if fit?

Mikey
06-19-2009, 03:47 PM
The fan vote doesnt count for shit in the all star game, its a supposed 25% of the total only......

BBBulldog
06-19-2009, 04:22 PM
feel free to vote for Houston, we are :D