PDA

View Full Version : Schedule conflict?

mastermixer
06-19-2009, 09:38 AM
WIth the champions league game just one day before the All-Star game, will any "Red" players be obligated to play in Salt Lake? How does the league deal with players turning down the all-star game?

Yohan
06-19-2009, 09:39 AM
WIth the champions league game just one day before the All-Star game, will any "Red" players be obligated to play in Salt Lake? How does the league deal with players turning down the all-star game?
how about telling MLS FO to get stuffed?

flatpicker
06-19-2009, 09:39 AM
If the league has an issue with players choosing Champions League over All-Star Game...
I would flip my lid!!!!

Broadview
06-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Didn't Dero have to do something like this last season? Okay then, no way now.

Alstar schmallstar. Lets just send the Gambian who's not allowed to play yet.

stugautz
06-19-2009, 09:47 AM
If the game is on seperate days the worst scenario is our guys play vs. Puerto Rico and suit up (but don't play) the all star game

InTheCrowd
06-19-2009, 09:55 AM
DeRo better not be playing in the allstar game!! We need another performance like yesterday from him vs. Puerto Rico!

jaahuuu
06-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Didn't Dero have to do something like this last season? Okay then, no way now.

Alstar schmallstar. Lets just send the Gambian who's not allowed to play yet.
I believe the Houston-DCU game ended around 2am the morning of the ASG.

KRO
06-19-2009, 10:25 AM
The Gold Cup starts to factor in now. If a bunch of our team are selected for Canada and they do well and get to the final they will be missing from July 3rd to the 26th. This also applies to Armado and Marvell for Honduras and the USA.
The final and 3rd place games are on July 26th in New York, two days before the first leg of the Islanders game!

mastermixer
06-19-2009, 10:30 AM
The Gold Cup starts to factor in now. If a bunch of our team are selected for Canada and they do well and get to the final they will be missing from July 3rd to the 26th. This also applies to Armado and Marvell for Honduras and the USA.
The final and 3rd place games are on July 26th in New York, two days before the first leg of the Islanders game!

Wow... should be an interesting couple of months!!

mlsintoronto
06-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Dwayne and Pat Onstad both played in a Houston/DC match the night before the All Star game last year. I don't see the league having issue with competition taking precedence over the All Star game.