PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Sportsnet

Dalybro
06-19-2009, 09:25 AM
I was watching Sportsnet Connected right after the game last night and waited almost a half hour for the highlights. On a relatively slow night in the world of sports they put the NHL Awards, Blue Jay and non Blue Jay baseball highlights and they even talked about what the fucking Sedin twins were going to sign for in the off season. What a disgrace and from the channel that broadcasted the game. This was the CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP!! Doesn't Sportnet pride itself on “Your home team. First???” How about your country first? Terrible. If you want the sport to grow in Canada show the highlights like you care! That would be a start. FIGURE IT OUT SPORTSNET!
:scarf:

joel
06-19-2009, 09:29 AM
You realize they just played the game for 2 hours on the same station? Anyone that was watching just saw all the highlights. It makes complete sense to cover all the other sports and come back to soccer. Stop whining.

Eastend
06-19-2009, 09:29 AM
CHUM FM lead the sports portion of their news with the "Miracle win" this morning a few times....

Eastend
06-19-2009, 09:30 AM
You realize they just played the game for 2 hours on the same station? Anyone that was watching just saw all the highlights. It makes complete sense to cover all the other sports and come back to soccer. Stop whining.

True and I don't think it's a big deal.....however....when they do show a hockey game they lead the following sportscast with highlights of that game.....not a big deal but......

Dalybro
06-19-2009, 09:31 AM
True and I don't think it's a big deal.....however....when they do show a hockey game they lead the following sportscast with highlights of that game.....not a big deal but......

Exactly

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-19-2009, 09:32 AM
i think i watched the highlights 15 times last nights...and already 4 times today! :)

Eastend
06-19-2009, 09:34 AM
I pvr'd the match....now I just need to figure out how to download and burn a copy.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-19-2009, 09:34 AM
When they have a Leafs game on Sportsnet, immediately following the game, they always show Leafs highlights first. That's not really an excuse. I was pretty disappointed about the way they buried them in the middle of the program and gave the match a total of about 30 seconds of their time.

It was all over the radio this morning though, on 680 and CBC they talked about it fairly in-depth... Though sadly nobody yet has figured out how to say 'Guevara'.

Parkdale
06-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Stop whining.

that should be the big message of the day.

Shaughno
06-19-2009, 09:39 AM

Amen. The Montreal Massacre and people are whinging like we got screwed out of a Cup win.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-19-2009, 09:40 AM
LOL... I agree with this.

I was disappointed, but the reality is, this is Canada. We still have a long way to go. Annoying but not worth bunching up one's undergarments over.

Dalybro
06-19-2009, 09:41 AM
It's not just this game. Happens every week. Figured it would have got a little more attention.

Yohan
06-19-2009, 09:44 AM
It's not just this game. Happens every week. Figured it would have got a little more attention.
bigger and better things to pay attention to today. like our first cup! :)

Dunkers
06-19-2009, 09:47 AM
i specifically dont order TSN on my cable package, becuase of thier lack of soccer coverage, at least sportsnet picked up the game

Kevvv
06-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Wait until we see the ratings - they will probably tell the story of why Jays and the NHL banquet led off the broadcast.

BTW, The Score had highlights about 5-10 minutes in this morning... GOOSEBUMPS, I tell ya!

Kevvv
06-19-2009, 09:49 AM
i specifically dont order TSN on my cable package, becuase of thier lack of soccer coverage, at least sportsnet picked up the game

Exactly, kudos for that.

rocker
06-19-2009, 09:51 AM
i was a little pissed with Sportsnet's highlight babe who said "when you do ever see 6 goals in a soccer game!" geez. then they don't show all the goals.

bee dubya
06-19-2009, 09:53 AM
If you've really got a problem with the way they handled the highlights, send them an email.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/pressroom/contact/

Personally, I was glad to see the game and the trophy presentation on Sportsnet. I didn't need to see the highlights again right after I'd watched the game.

BeninatoTFC
06-19-2009, 09:53 AM
The hockey season is over, who actually gives a fuck who won some stupid awards in the NHL when you have a match on featuring two Canadian teams, and the hopes of another Canadian team winning the championship is riding on that game?

Thankfully, I never watch Sportsnet, or TSN for that matter unless TFC or the Raptors are playing. It could be the middle of August and their lead story would be what kind of filling Matt Stajan had in his panzerotti.

TFC.

Blazer
06-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Sportsnet does their homework and has figured it out.

They’re not in the business to grow TFC in Canada.

Outside of the few thousand regulars and tens of thousands of fringe supporters in this city, TFC is a minion in the grander scheme of things … regardless of what we want to believe.

Blazer
06-19-2009, 10:02 AM
i was a little pissed with Sportsnet's highlight babe who said "when you do ever see 6 goals in a soccer game!" geez. then they don't show all the goals.

Priorities mang ... there's more curling fans in this country than there are TFC supporters in this city ... do they show every rock being thrown in highlights?

Let's not take such offence and be happy that we've made inroads. 10 years from now TFC will be adored even outside of this city on a larger scale in general coast to coast.

boban
06-19-2009, 10:03 AM
The hockey season is over, who actually gives a fuck who won some stupid awards in the NHL when you have a match on featuring two Canadian teams, and the hopes of another Canadian team winning the championship is riding on that game?

Thankfully, I never watch Sportsnet, or TSN for that matter unless TFC or the Raptors are playing. It could be the middle of August and their lead story would be what kind of filling Matt Stajan had in his panzerotti.

TFC.
You do realize it's only 3 teams - 2 of which are in a lower league??

bee dubya
06-19-2009, 10:03 AM

TFC.

Unfortunately WAY more people care about the NHL awards than last night's Voyageurs Cup. We live in Canada and hockey rules here. It sucks but that's the way it is at the moment. With time, things might change but it's going to take some time.

Dalybro
06-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Sportsnet does their homework and has figured it out.

They’re not in the business to grow TFC in Canada.

Outside of the few thousand regulars and tens of thousands of fringe supporters in this city, TFC is a minion in the grander scheme of things … regardless of what we want to believe.

Regardless they claim they show, "your home team first." Ah well fuck it. WE WON!!!

Miko
06-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Maybe bee dubya or Carts can answer this one...

Who holds the rights for CCL games this year - it was CBC last year.

Blazer
06-19-2009, 10:06 AM
They did show our home team first. Just not our favourite home team. They did it in a matter of priority. TFC is still low man on totem pole. Time and patience.

Carts
06-19-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm shocked the TFC highlights weren't higher up in their lineup because its one of their properties.

Poor decision by the producer in my opinion. Its a Toronto team, and more importantly for them its one of their properties...

Carts...

Pachuco
06-19-2009, 10:08 AM
When they have a Leafs game on Sportsnet, immediately following the game, they always show Leafs highlights first. That's not really an excuse. I was pretty disappointed about the way they buried them in the middle of the program and gave the match a total of about 30 seconds of their time.

It was all over the radio this morning though, on 680 and CBC they talked about it fairly in-depth... Though sadly nobody yet has figured out how to say 'Guevara'.

Our very own Sportstnet pathetic commentator Gerry Dobson hasn't figured out how to say Guevara. And that's his full time job. Until he does, he has no credibility with me.

Dalybro
06-19-2009, 10:10 AM
They did show our home team first. Just not our favourite home team. They did it in a matter of priority. TFC is still low man on totem pole. Time and patience.

How many Leafs won awards last night?

Blazer
06-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Listen – stop bastardizing SN for trying to satisfy their audience in order of priority. Any business does the same thing. There’s still more MLB fans across the city and Canada than TFC. It would have been nice to see it as a primary story, but let’s be realistic.

Outside of this TFC circle there’s really not much support nationally – which after all Sportsnet cares about as a business.

Blazer
06-19-2009, 10:14 AM
I understand where you’re going with that question and you’re right in asking it but dead wrong assuming it should be the rule. Leafs fans are Leafs fans, but unlike other cities – they’re also primarily hockey fans. Talking hockey is more of a priority (even in June) than TFC is. Period.

I can think of 10 friends who would rather hear about hockey awards than TFC.

bee dubya
06-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Maybe bee dubya or Carts can answer this one...

Who holds the rights for CCL games this year - it was CBC last year.

Not sure but I'll try to find out...

WestStandGeoff
06-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Though sadly nobody yet has figured out how to say 'Guevara'.

^^ +1

I also caught the morning host on City stumbling through his name while I was waiting for the traffic report this morning. Maybe TFC can distribute some kind of phonetic name pronunciation cheat-sheet to the local media? I wouldn't expect this to be such a problem in a multicultural city like Toronto...

CalPiss
06-19-2009, 10:21 AM
This is a TSN related group i started on facebook - Join here and rant and send your complaints to TSN.

audiencerelations@tsn.ca

search for the group title: Get soccer/Toronto FC Recognized on TSN's SportsCentre
or try this link
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=71751672933 (http://www.facebook.com/calin.vladut?success=1#/group.php?gid=71751672933)

Dalybro
06-19-2009, 10:22 AM
I understand where you’re going with that question and you’re right in asking it but dead wrong assuming it should be the rule. Leafs fans are Leafs fans, but unlike other cities – they’re also primarily hockey fans. Talking hockey is more of a priority (even in June) than TFC is. Period.

I can think of 10 friends who would rather hear about hockey awards than TFC.

Valid points. It was contradictory to their slogan though.