PDA

View Full Version : Jersey addition for Canadain Championship win

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Clubs put Stars on their jersey for League or big cup wins...TFC should add one for next years strip above the logo a white star, or a white /red(away) maple leaf?

Cas87
06-19-2009, 08:01 AM
I don't think MLS would allow it. Could be wrong tho, do they allow the US Open Cup winner to have a scudetto on their jersey?

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-19-2009, 08:02 AM
The Galaxy have two stars on thier jersey so it should not be a problem!!

Cas87
06-19-2009, 08:03 AM
But those are for MLS Cup wins

CoachGT
06-19-2009, 08:04 AM
The first version of San Jose had stars on their jerseys, but I believe they signified MLS Cup wins.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Doesnt matter, this Canadian Championship Cup win is just as important.

come on TFC get it done!!

Hitcho
06-19-2009, 08:08 AM
It's not int he same class though. We beat two USL sides in a round robin tournament. Doesn;t really compare to winning the MLS Cup or the CL outright.

What we should do is have a slightly different (non-MLS) shirt for the VC games, with a star on it. But leave plenty of space for adding more stars every year from now on!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-19-2009, 08:11 AM
It's not int he same class though. We beat two USL sides in a round robin tournament. Doesn;t really compare to winning the MLS Cup or the CL outright.

What we should do is have a slightly different (non-MLS) shirt for the VC games, with a star on it. But leave plenty of space for adding more stars every year from now on!

a third jersey just for the VC cup? like that...so would ML$E

Miko
06-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Knowing MLSE, they probably already have a Champions League shirt ready for production if we beat Puerto Rico.

Also, knowing them, they'll sell it sight unseen for a premium price!

Jarrek
06-19-2009, 08:39 AM
They could put one on, but only use it for games in next years Canadian Championship.

Not use it for league, or Champions League play.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Have a patch on it like the Italian scudetto for V's Cup games. It'd be cool for the winner to be able to wear it each year. If we won the Champions League, then we can put a permanent star above the badge.

I think they should either allow teams to have a star for CL wins or one for every ten league championships- if you give a star for every two or three wins it just looks dumb.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-19-2009, 08:42 AM
They could put one on, but only use it for games in next years Canadian Championship.

Not use it for league, or Champions League play.

why..Celtic have their Euro Cup star on for league, league cup, scottish cup, euro CL, Uefa Cup, friendlies...lets mark this occassion with a star/maple leaf above the crest...we can worry about having too many on at a later date :}

MKR
06-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Not needed.

don't get me wrong...I am ecstatic about last night's win. Definately the greatest moment of the team's short history, but why would the team comemorate this as if it was a major tournament win with a star on the kit?

1. It was a three team mini tournament.
2. We should be winning this every year
3. this was more of a preliminary group before getting to the big dance.

If we win the actual achampions league, then THAT would deserve a commemoration on the jersey.

not this.

I know we're all on a high after the win, but put things in perspesctive.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Not needed.

don't get me wrong...I am ecstatic about last night's win. Definately the greatest moment of the team's short history, but why would the team comemorate this as if it was a major tournament win with a star on the kit?

1. It was a three game mini tournament.
2. We should be winning this every year
3. this was more of a preliminary group before getting to the big dance.

If we win the actual achampions league, then THAT would deserve a commemoration on the jersey.

not this.

I know we're all on a high after the win, but put things in perspesctive.
yep... agreed. Teams don't get stars for winning their domestic cups everywhere else. Only winning the CL and/or a significant no. of titles justifies a star in my opinion. I still think, though, that it'd be cool for the winner of the tournament every year to wear a 'scudetto' in Voyageurs Cup matches.

Jay P
06-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Knowing MLSE, they probably already have a Champions League shirt ready for production if we beat Puerto Rico.

Also, knowing them, they'll sell it sight unseen for a premium price!

There is no champions league kit, just a pink version of the away kit coming out. if i see anything new pop up on the adidas employee site, i'll let you guys know :D

the impact had a NCC champion badge on their kit last year so i am assuming we will too.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-19-2009, 09:15 AM
the impact had a NCC champion badge on their kit last year so i am assuming we will too.
I must have missed that... nice one!