PDA

View Full Version : Open Practice!! buy your tickets... and I officially cannot stand Craig Forrest...

FluSH
06-18-2009, 10:25 PM
let me start by saying...

What a game... OMGBBQFLYINGPIGSINMYFACE

I wish I could have gone... I didn't plan to go to MTL from the onset of this tourney but after the loss to Van City I felt that if they somehow pulled this off... that I wanted to be there for the greatest moment in our team's history...

After all the players have been through, I think this win coming in as the underdogs means sooo much more to them...

I'm cancelling my plans on Saturday and I'm going to the open practice $6... this will be their homecoming.

Now who's coming to the open practice???
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090519&content_id=4816070&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Get your tickets above... starts at 11:00am

P.S.

Craig Forrest... man this was the greatest game EVER for TFC.... and all I could hear from Craig was "he should have done better than that..." or "as a professional he needs to do better..." where is the PASSION?!!?

The man is more monotone than my 4th year portfolio theory prof... according to Craig... everyone needs to do better!!!?!? I wanted to break my TV set... We need PRO TFC commentators that will scream and shout when we score... not librarians...

P.S.S. I've been corrected the game was a National Broadcast for Nutrilite CCL... and not for TFC... hence I can understand the monotone broadcasting...

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 10:30 PM
FluSH to replace Craig Forrest!! :D

rocker
06-18-2009, 10:31 PM
and Dobson still was getting names and even teams wrong.

i think Forrest is just worried about being seen as a homer, so he gets his objectivity on.

FluSH
06-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Cough up your $6... and get your tickets to the Open Practice!!!!!

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-18-2009, 10:33 PM
let me start by saying...

I wish I could have gone... I didn't plan to go to MTL from the onset of this tourney but after the loss to Van City I felt that if they somehow pulled this off... that I wanted to be there for the greatest moment in our team's history...

After all the players have been through, I think this win coming in as the underdogs means sooo much more to them...

I'm cancelling my plans on Saturday and I'm going to the open practice $6... this will be their homecoming.

P.S.

Craig Forrest... man this was the greatest game EVER for TFC.... and all I could hear from Craig was "he should have done better than that..." or "as a professional he needs to do better..." where is the PASSION?!!?

The man is more monotone than my 4th year portfolio theory prof... according to Craig... everyone needs to do better!!!?!? I wanted to break my TV set... We need PRO TFC commentators that will scream and shout when we score... not librarians...
Count me IN!!!! What time is the practice?!?!?!?!?!?!? We must have a presence there.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Oh and also, where does one buy a ticket? lmao bit of a detail there

FluSH
06-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Puerto Rico Islanders?!?!? Let the chants begin!!!!

We are going to Pueeeerto Ricooooooo

EmyaDrAzq6o

stretchthetruth
06-18-2009, 10:36 PM
theyre going to have to open up the whole stadium for the open practice after that!!! well maybe not, but still... i'm going. where can we get tickets at this point - can we get them on saturday down there?

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Isn't Craig from Vancouver? or maybe i'm mistaken.

SilverSamurai
06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Will have to try to get to TO... but I'm going to try to make this...

But Forrest was right about Barrett. He had a few chances he should've made.
I don't think he's allowed to get excited. Must be in his contract. lol

But yes... serenading the players at the practice is a good idea...

stretchthetruth
06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Puerto Rico Islanders?!?!? Let the chants begin!!!!

If you are going to Puerto Ricooooooo

awesome, would be sick to do this on sat

TFC USA
06-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Forrest has become increasingly bad.

He and DeVos need to shut the hell up because they talk for 95% of the game.

I hated Craig in the U-20 World Cup.

college st
06-18-2009, 10:41 PM
so pretty much full gear full voice full force....
what section will every1 be in im guessing 112
...flags are alloweddd right:)

FluSH
06-18-2009, 10:42 PM
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090519&content_id=4816070&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

trane
06-18-2009, 10:43 PM
You know I think it is a British, thing every time a striker missess, he should have done better, ignoring that he had a CB like leaning all over him. If every striker did "better" 40 goals a season would be average. Often it is easier said and done.

FluSH
06-18-2009, 10:43 PM
so pretty much full gear full voice full force....
what section will every1 be in im guessing 112
...flags are alloweddd right:)

Fuck that!!! let's take jump on the Red seats HAHAHA... the hardware in 112 is falling apart... LOL

FluSH
06-18-2009, 10:47 PM
You know I think it is a British, thing every time a striker missess, he should have done better, ignoring that he had a CB like leaning all over him. If every striker did "better" 40 goals a season would be average. Often it is easier said and done.

Missing a goal and saying "he should have done better" is motehrfcuking more obvious than night and day...

where were the oooooooh's.... or aaaaaah's.... Tell me you're at least ALIVE....

Craig Forrest's commentating is like having sex while reading a book... "we should have done better there..." Forrest... where's the passion?!!?!?

T0R0NT0 FC
06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

C'mon down to the Open Practice then Brunch at Joe's this Saturday!!!

Ps. Im' using "Impact" font style... muahahah! :drinking:

FluSH
06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
BUMP

and motherfucking brunch.... what a genious IDEA

T0R0NT0 FC
06-18-2009, 10:53 PM
BUMP

and motherfucking brunch.... what a genious IDEA

Im' usually good for about one a month... :p

trane
06-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Missing a goal and saying "he should have done better" is motehrfcuking more obvious than night and day...

where were the oooooooh's.... or aaaaaah's.... Tell me you're at least ALIVE....

Craig Forrest's commentating is like having sex while reading a book... "we should have done better there..." Forrest... where's the passion?!!?!?

Classic.

rocker
06-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Isn't Craig from Vancouver? or maybe i'm mistaken.

but his best buddy is Brennan. when Brennan's facebook profile was public there were shitloads of pics of him with Brennan just chillin in bars.
he knows all the canadian team members so well. so he tries to hide it.

trane
06-18-2009, 10:56 PM
I am taking my son to this.

TorontoBlades
06-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Dobson and Forrest have the same head

jazzy
06-18-2009, 10:58 PM
[Craig was refering to Chad Barretts complete miss of a wide open net and he was right, saying what has to be said, if TFC is going to become a dominant club

\quote=FluSH;583444]let me start by saying...

P.S.

The man is more monotone than my 4th year portfolio theory prof... according to Craig... everyone needs to do better!!!?!? I wanted to break my TV set... We need PRO TFC commentators that will scream and shout when we score... not librarians...[/quote]

FluSH
06-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Alright boys... see you at the Open Practice!!!

yanggoh
06-18-2009, 11:14 PM
fuuuuuck i wish i could go...stupid baby shower interfering with celebration!!!

T0R0NT0 FC
06-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Alright boys... see you at the Open Practice!!!

Outside the Liberty Village Starbucks at around 10am? :)

Jack
06-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Sorry, but I'm still not paying $6 to watch a practice. It should be free.

nick.mastro
06-19-2009, 12:24 AM
im heading down to the practiceee, i wasnt planning to, but after this.. anythingg to support

Shway
06-19-2009, 12:26 AM
and Dobson still was getting names and even teams wrong.

i think Forrest is just worried about being seen as a homer, so he gets his objectivity on.

ROFLMAO

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAUGHT THAT

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Thank God (or DeRo, if you prefer) it's general admission, no ticket nazis telling people where to sit/stand.

OneLoveOneEric
06-19-2009, 07:13 AM
I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to take away from what was definitely our greatest win ever, but PLEASE let's not let this win con us in to thinking all is well with the team and with MLSE. We had good momentum building, and I'd love to see it continue regardless of this famous night.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Nobody's trying to 'con' themselves or anyone into suddenly worshipping Tom Anselmi. People are just 'happy' that we won a trophy, and want to 'celebrate.'

Main Entry: cel·e·brate

Pronunciation: \ˈse-lə-ˌbrāt\

Function: verb

Inflected Form(s): cel·e·brat·ed; cel·e·brat·ing

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin celebratus, past participle of celebrare to frequent, celebrate, from celebr-, celeber much frequented, famous; perhaps akin to Latin celer

Date: 15th century

transitive verb
1: to perform (a sacrament or solemn ceremony) publicly and with appropriate rites <celebrate the mass>
2 a: to honor (as a holiday) especially by solemn ceremonies or by refraining from ordinary business b: to mark (as an anniversary) by festivities or other deviation from routine
3: to hold up or play up for public notice <her poetry celebrates the glory of nature>

intransitive verb
1: to observe a holiday, perform a religious ceremony, or take part in a festival
2: to observe a notable occasion with festivities

So in the wise words of Noel Gallagher, GO LET IT OUT!!

OneLoveOneEric
06-19-2009, 07:20 AM
^^^Don't be a fuckwad.
I wasn't trying to suggest that people don't celebrate. It was a general comment about the current situation.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Sarcasm runs in my veins. I realize what you're saying, and agree subconsciously, but I'm just tired of hearing people beating it to death every minute of the day on here. I knew all that already, as I'm sure do the rest of the people on here.

OneLoveOneEric
06-19-2009, 07:23 AM
I hadn't seen it mentioned here yet, and certainly didn't mean to beat anything to death. There are too many posts since last night to get through!

FluSH
06-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Outside the Liberty Village Starbucks at around 10am? :)

You got it! I might bring my son and make this a Father's day event... hopefully get his jesey lettered...

FluSH
06-19-2009, 10:47 AM
BUM|>

Nuvinho
06-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Let me know if anyone needs 2 extra tickets.......I bought too many for my niece and nephew and their little rug-rat friends.

cmonyoureds
06-19-2009, 10:53 AM
$6? +1 with you Jack.
I'm going to the waterfront to meet the plane for FREE!!!!!!

Inklink
06-19-2009, 11:48 AM
This was a Canada wide broadcast and Forrest wanted to sound neutral. But yes, he's annoying. Though... I find Dobson to be more annoying. When he's about to score he says "DEROSARIO" properly, and then after he scores "DEROSARIOOOOOO" like he's constipated.

Oh well :D.

Forrest almost sounded like an Impact fan yesterday.

boomcha
06-19-2009, 12:06 PM
You can buy tickets at the door (box office) tomorrow. Just called and asked.

Brooker
06-19-2009, 12:08 PM
i was really missing Nigel Reed lastnight..... he woulda had the passion.

Joe Kool
06-19-2009, 12:17 PM
I was already going to be there with my wife and kids but now it will be even more fun with a more exciting atmosphere. Can't wait...hope the friggin rain holds off because the forecast looks like shite right now.

FluSH
06-19-2009, 12:20 PM
This was a Canada wide broadcast and Forrest wanted to sound neutral. But yes, he's annoying. Though... I find Dobson to be more annoying. When he's about to score he says "DEROSARIO" properly, and then after he scores "DEROSARIOOOOOO" like he's constipated.

Oh well :D.

Forrest almost sounded like an Impact fan yesterday.

Forrest wanted Vancouver to advance... I strongly believe this... it's cool The whitecaps are his home team... I just want a commentator that will show his heart for this team...

Roogsy
06-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Forrest wanted Vancouver to advance... I strongly believe this... it's cool The whitecaps are his home team... I just want a commentator that will show his heart for this team...

Meh...I could care less. Important games are very often called by people who have no emotional interest in the teams. As long as it's fair and informative, that's all that matters. I liked Dobson's emotional reaction. It wasn't overdone. That was enough for me.

FluSH
06-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Meh...I could care less. Important games are very often called by people who have no emotional interest in the teams. As long as it's fair and informative, that's all that matters. I liked Dobson's emotional reaction. It wasn't overdone. That was enough for me.

When DeRo scores... I don't need Craig Forrest to tell me that he was 6ft away from the net... that's radio commentating...

I want to hear:

"WHAT A BANGER"
"That was Magic"

Everyone remembers the following lines:

"Maurice Edu... They love youuuuuuuuuu"
"Remember the name; remember the date... Danny Dicho"
"Raptors win!, Raptors win!, Raptors win!" LMAO you know what I mean...

I can't think of ONE goal in this game that was pumped up... man... our greatest game ever... and we had to endure such dreadful commentating... Maybe it's Craig Forrest that needs to do better. no pun intended.

Mojo
06-19-2009, 01:30 PM
P.S.

The game was a national broadcast, so all supporters in Toronto, Montreal and even Vancouver were watching the exact same broadcast we were. When its a national broacast like that, hes not covering a TFC game, hes covering a Canadian Championship game.

If its an Ontario only broadcast then I'd like to see some homerism, but this was national. Shouldn't complain.

KRO
06-19-2009, 01:58 PM
While we are talking about broadcasting, I have a real problem with some of the camera angles they use for soccer in North America. DeRo's first goal last night was shot from a camera in line with the penalty area.

Nowhere else in the world do they use this angle to show live play. It's great for goalmouth replays and offside decisions but not for live play. I think it's a hangover from NFL/CFL where they think you are better to be in line with the play.

When you are so used to watching every TV game from about the same angle this switching drives me mad. They don't do it at BMO field thank god.

Is it just me?

FluSH
06-19-2009, 02:05 PM
The game was a national broadcast, so all supporters in Toronto, Montreal and even Vancouver were watching the exact same broadcast we were. When its a national broacast like that, hes not covering a TFC game, hes covering a Canadian Championship game.

If its an Ontario only broadcast then I'd like to see some homerism, but this was national. Shouldn't complain.

If that's the case... then it's BS... I rather not watch with the volume on... or maybe I'll listen to a radio feed on the background...

I'll take Craig Forrest for World Cup games then... not for TFC.

I have also amended my first post to reflect the correction that this was a National broadcast for Nutrilite CCL and not a national broadcast for TFC

SilverSamurai
06-19-2009, 02:11 PM
When DeRo scores... I don't need Craig Forrest to tell me that he was 6ft away from the net... that's radio commentating...

I want to hear:

"WHAT A BANGER"
"That was Magic"

Everyone remembers the following lines:

"Maurice Edu... They love youuuuuuuuuu"
"Remember the name; remember the date... Danny Dicho"
"Raptors win!, Raptors win!, Raptors win!" LMAO you know what I mean...

I can't think of ONE goal in this game that was pumped up... man... our greatest game ever... and we had to endure such dreadful commentating... Maybe it's Craig Forrest that needs to do better. no pun intended.

You don't like "World Class"? lol
I honestly think they tell him not to get excited...

But maybe for the next round he will since their is a Canadian team. I wouldn't think he's negative or anti-TFC, just is critical.
He's alright during the Canada matches, but he's still critical of mistakes the players make.
I actually prefer the combo of Reed/Forrest, but who knows if/when we'd see that again...

edmundo
06-19-2009, 02:13 PM
wow so ive been on the phone trying to get tickets for this for like 3 hours and ill ive gotten is redirected to an answering machine and now busy tone, is there a way to get tickets at the booth like they cant be this disorganized..... or can they?

FluSH
06-19-2009, 02:18 PM
wow so ive been on the phone trying to get tickets for this for like 3 hours and ill ive gotten is redirected to an answering machine and now busy tone, is there a way to get tickets at the booth like they cant be this disorganized..... or can they?

I think I saw the entire TFC FO staff at yesterday's game in MTL... They are probably all hung over...

TFC USA
06-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Dobson pissed me off with his call after the final whistle.

Sounded so monotone and lame. Reed would've flourished in that same situation.

Guevara!!! GUEVARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

What the fuck, Dobson?

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-19-2009, 02:32 PM
TBH, I prefer it to the sort of overhead angle often used on EPL matches on Setanta, which drives me nuts.

I agree though to an extent. It's like they're covering a hockey game with the camera angles they use. A quick study of a match broadcast in another country would show them the angles they should use.

Waggy
06-19-2009, 02:34 PM
If Nigel had been calling the game yest, he'd have actually shat his pants on the air. Live. which would have been AWESOME. why is it we accept that theres bias in all forms of media (we know the Star is left wing, the Post is right, CNN left, Fox news right etc), but ban it in sports media? Let the people have some emotion! it can ONLY help a broadcaster/writer.

olegunnar
06-19-2009, 02:37 PM

I think it's two different issues.
1)Homerism...that's cool it's antaional broadcast...no issues here.

2)Quality, and some passion.
There's hundreds of footy games on TV where there are "neutral" commentators, they still seem to capture the emotion and importance of the key events of the game. The dopes last night didn't

edmundo
06-19-2009, 02:52 PM
I think I saw the entire TFC FO staff at yesterday's game in MTL... They are probably all hung over...
LOL were you able to get tickets? and how did you get them if u did?

FluSH
06-19-2009, 03:13 PM
LOL were you able to get tickets? and how did you get them if u did?

I haven't called yet HAHAHA

FluSH
06-19-2009, 03:14 PM
If Nigel had been calling the game yest, he'd have actually shat his pants on the air. Live. which would have been AWESOME. why is it we accept that theres bias in all forms of media (we know the Star is left wing, the Post is right, CNN left, Fox news right etc), but ban it in sports media? Let the people have some emotion! it can ONLY help a broadcaster/writer.

Yeah I would hav preferred Nigel as well... He's had some Classic lines probably every classic goal line by TFC is a Nigel one...

edmundo
06-19-2009, 03:17 PM
haha well im sure the team hotline wont be open all night so im kinda worried lol theres gotta be a way to buy them from gate 1 there just must be, i even tried ticketmaster and theres nothing there

Red Patch CA
06-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Thought I could get practice tickets through Account Manager ...but no.
Called TFC to ask if you could buy tickets at the box office tomorrow...they said no. So I bought by calling TFC.
It'll be my first opportunity to congratulate the boys after last night's game.

btw TFC ticket dept closes at 5.

stretchthetruth
06-19-2009, 03:34 PM
You can buy tickets at the door (box office) tomorrow. Just called and asked.

Called TFC to ask if you could buy tickets at the box office tomorrow...they said no. So I bought by calling TFC.

alright, whats the friggin story here... i want to head down tomorrow, are they really going to turn people away at the box office tomorrow???

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-19-2009, 03:40 PM

Wow... Someone dropped the ball on this one. Though maybe due to recent events, this will change?

boomcha
06-19-2009, 03:45 PM
I just called and you can buy tickets tomorrow at the box starting at 10am.

boomcha
06-19-2009, 03:46 PM
You can call yourselves and confirm. 416-360-GOAL

FluSH
06-19-2009, 03:54 PM
You can call yourselves and confirm. 416-360-GOAL

What's their policy on:

Flags
Banners
Drums
Megaphones
Smoke Bombs
LOLZ

stretchthetruth
06-19-2009, 04:04 PM
I just called and you can buy tickets tomorrow at the box starting at 10am.

thanks, good stuff...

boomcha
06-19-2009, 04:12 PM
DEFINITELY NO LOLZ!!! :flare:

What's their policy on:

Flags
Banners
Drums
Megaphones
Smoke Bombs
LOLZ

Joe Kool
06-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Anybody know if the Open Practice is happening in the rain? Doesn't look like it will stop today. I was hoping to see a reschedule notice on the TFC website but there is nothing.

Cuchulain
06-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Anybody know if the Open Practice is happening in the rain? Doesn't look like it will stop today. I was hoping to see a reschedule notice on the TFC website but there is nothing.

Can't find anythiny out from calling the goal #. I need to know as well.

Joe Kool
06-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Going to get my kids ready anyways and head down just in case something is going on because they are pumped for it already. Hopefully won't get all the way down there to find a cancellation notice on gate 3.

scooter
06-20-2009, 07:57 AM

THERE IS ONLY ONE " NIGEL REID "

scooter
06-20-2009, 07:59 AM
at last years open practice the box office was open

DOMIN8R
06-20-2009, 09:19 AM
I've tried calling BMO field and the FO and no answers. I already have tickets - I just want to know if it's rained out.

English Rachel
06-20-2009, 10:07 AM
I have 2 spares too, pm me, leaving for the ground now

RedRum
06-20-2009, 10:14 AM

+1

Who the fuck besides MLSE would charge money to see a practice? I could understand if the cash was going to charity, but this is a disgrace.

DOMIN8R
06-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Just got back.

Had a great time. My kids - not so much. Interesting to see OB-One and the Gambians play in the scrimage. The rain was a drag after 65 minutes or so.

I learned a few things and I would gladly go again.

There were quite a few youth soccer teams in attendance.

Keep it, guys. This is great annual event.

English Rachel
06-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Minus the rain, this was fun! No supporters there really though... The stands were quiet (apart from me lol)

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-20-2009, 12:54 PM
No new faces with the team? Last year, Dave Simpson was on trial / training with the team during the open practice.

Marc"2L"
06-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Glad to see the OBW-an (or OB-one) name sticking.

reggie
06-20-2009, 01:07 PM
what about gerba?

DOMIN8R
06-20-2009, 01:18 PM
^^^There was a big guy with shaven head sportng #10 -I think, that I couldn't make out.

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-20-2009, 01:30 PM
^^^There was a big guy with shaven head sportng #10 -I think, that I couldn't make out.

Interesting if it was a #10 shirt as there's not currently a #10 on the roster.

FluSH
06-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Minus the rain, this was fun! No supporters there really though... The stands were quiet (apart from me lol)

slept-in... an 18month old girl who drinks milk none stop throughout the night will do that to you!

By the time I woke up it was 10:45am =(

mastermixer
06-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Ali Gerba was there... the man is a beast!!

akoto
06-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Just got back. Good time. Brought my daughter down to meet her idol Danny Dichio. Almost the entire squad was out signing autographs after. I got pretty much everyone except Serioux to sign her jersey. Robbo was a class act. Let about a dozen kids down to pitch level to take pics.

OBW looked great in the scrimmage. Barrett can't even score in practice.

And I won the raffle and received an autographed Confederations Cup Ball signed by Jimmy B, Serioux and Cronin. Very happy about that.

Good time overall just wish the weather was better.

http://kotowick.com/images/IMG_0019.jpg

noochie
06-20-2009, 02:04 PM

Yeah and I couldn't help but be surprised that Rohan's shorts fit him so well...

akoto
06-20-2009, 02:10 PM
^^^

Too funny. lol

craigtfc
06-20-2009, 02:58 PM
pictures?

FluSH
06-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Yeah and I couldn't help but be surprised that Rohan's shorts fit him so well...

funniest shit all day LOL

English Rachel
06-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes, Barrett can't even score in practice... If only he was scoring for Am Foot he would be great! Can we ask MLS to raise our goalposts by about 10ft?

H Bomb
06-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey was OBW there anyone?

akoto
06-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey was OBW there anyone?

Yes he was. He did full workout and participated in all drills and the scrimmage. He look pretty good. Better then Chad.

stretchthetruth
06-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Yes he was. He did full workout and participated in all drills and the scrimmage. He look pretty good. Better then Chad.

yeah OBW had some nice touches, and looked good IMO... Gerba looks like a beast, hopefully that means he'll fit right in in MLS. I tried to ask him if all the paperwork was sorted out but he was non-committal...

Merlin
06-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Gerba was there! Our new #10.

Beast of a man, but had a hard time in the finishing drills.

Had a conversation with him and he seems happy to be in Canada.

Amadou Sanyang is a FINISHER! Potted a bunch in all of the drills in many different ways. Move him from D to forward!

sulfur
06-20-2009, 08:35 PM
I just want a commentator that will show his heart for this team...
I don't want any homers doing commentary.

I want guys like we get in England, Spain, or Germany. Elegant, to the point, and excitement on good plays. Either way.

Torcida
06-20-2009, 08:41 PM

I want guys like we get in England, Spain, or Germany. Elegant, to the point, and excitement on good plays. Either way.
Screw that, lol. I want a Chuck Swirsky type.
;)

Yes, Barrett can't even score in practice... If only he was scoring for Am Foot he would be great! Can we ask MLS to raise our goalposts by about 10ft?
LMAO.

nascarguy
06-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Craig Forrest is a assclown and need to be put on notice that if he fucks up again he is gone

yeah sulfur is right we need to get commentary that are not going to be like craig forrest

FluSH
06-20-2009, 11:57 PM
I just realized... maybe we can get Ricketts to do commentary instead of Craig Forrest... I mean he can't be anymore monotone than him...

FluSH
06-21-2009, 12:08 AM

Like Torcida said.... where is our CHUCK SWIRSKY! Elegant??!? This isn't the ballroom championships... or The British Dog show... This is Futbol!

I've said this before Forrest commentates like a radio host... I don't need to know that DeRo scored from 6ft... I FREAKING SAW IT... tell me something else... TELL ME IT WAS MAGIC!!!!

Roogsy
06-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Like Torcida said.... where is our CHUCK SWIRSKY! Elegant??!? This isn't the ballroom championships... or The British Dog show... This is Futbol!

I've said this before Forrest commentates like a radio host... I don't need to know that DeRo scored from 6ft... I FREAKING SAW IT... tell me something else... TELL ME IT WAS MAGIC!!!!

LOL!

You do make a good point.

romburgundy
06-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Pictuiers from the practice anyone?

SilverSamurai
06-21-2009, 12:15 PM
I want the telemundo guys doing the play by play.
"Penal! Penal! Penal! Penal! Penaaaaaaltyyyyyy!!!"

"Yyyyyyyyyyy sssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee acabo!"
LOL

rocker
06-21-2009, 12:59 PM
how many people ya think showed up for the practice?

Cuz
06-21-2009, 01:01 PM

My fucking thoughts exactly!

guelphguy1965
06-21-2009, 01:05 PM
pictures?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/album.php?aid=2029591&id=1209374094

I hope this link works.

guelphguy1965
06-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey I was there. My son and I even did the 'Red go marching in' to support West ( Red ) team :-)

Merlin
06-21-2009, 01:08 PM
My estimate is that about 500 people showed up for the open practice. And even in the wet conditions, no one left early.

I'm surprised none of the supporter groups showed up!

guelphguy1965
06-21-2009, 01:09 PM

I think I had his autograph and I didn't even know who he was. Duh me.
Anybody notice that Vitti just walked away for no reason after signing autograph half way through lineup. What a wanker.

Marc"2L"
06-21-2009, 01:18 PM
That's because I doubt he'll be here much longer.

Roogsy
06-21-2009, 01:20 PM
My estimate is that about 500 people showed up for the open practice. And even in the wet conditions, no one left early.

I'm surprised none of the supporter groups showed up!

???

Who do you think is posting pictures?

Joe Kool
06-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey, who was the third goalie training with the team? That was the only one I didn't recognize. Maybe it was an academy guy. Overall a good day. Autograph session was pretty crazy and hard to keep my two little ones from getting trampled. At least Dichio spotted my kids struggling and bypassed a bunch of people to come to them to sign autographs for my kids and give them high fives. Made their day.

DOMIN8R
06-21-2009, 04:02 PM
^^^^I think he was from the Acedemy. Probably just training with our guys.