PDA

View Full Version : TFC Tattoo thread

deltox
06-18-2009, 10:20 PM
So i would like to get a TFC tattoo.

is there anyone here who can come up with cool TFC tattoo designs?

i was thinking of inculding the "all for one" slogan

please post your designs

thanks

Lennon
06-18-2009, 10:21 PM
6-1

morgank1986
06-18-2009, 10:26 PM
How about a large T (a la TFC crest style T) with ALL FOR etched across the horizontal line of the T and ONE Along the verticle line.

Gixmo
06-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Man of word, Love it

Give us a start and we'll see what comes up - A TFC crest with a scarf drapped over it around the top ' AllForOne ' on the scarf would look great.. Woven in between the crests if you found an artist would could do it. I see it in my head, but I suspect it would be a bit bigger for detail.. That would be bad ass!

Do post results!

deltox
06-18-2009, 11:01 PM
its prolly going to be done in a week or so...... so if there are designers out there...come up with something awesome

deltox
06-19-2009, 02:59 PM
bump.

come on guys

rocktml
06-19-2009, 03:00 PM
No tattoo for me........ewwww

Damien
06-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Here... get this one...
http://www.kidsport.on.ca/images/logo-toronto-fc-community.gif

Shep
06-19-2009, 03:53 PM
I vowed to get mine started if they pulled it off :) can't wait to be honest

Thinking of a few designs, I want the crest of course, I was thinking having a striped banner extending off each side, wrapping around my forearm, TFC colours, and yeah I wanted to add in the 6-1 somewhere

Also considered having TFC done on back of my neck, maybe ALL for ONE there, so many ideas

craigtfc
06-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Just get our crest with "all for one" at the bottom.

Keegan
06-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Don't get "All for one" on it that is gay!!! Such a gay north american team slogan and stolen from the Chicago Blackhawks too who used it first.

Just get the crest.

Bars92
06-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Get a Rangers tat instead!!

Northern Soul
06-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Just get the TFC crest

BeninatoTFC
06-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Think this through, seriously. Do you honestly want to brand a sports logo on you for the rest of your life? What happens if they inevitably change their logo in 30-40 years? What happens if the MLS folds and TFC disappears?

I'll give you kudos though for thinking about.

sardinho
06-19-2009, 04:35 PM
"gay"? is this suddenly a pre-school thread?

manic.street.preacher
06-19-2009, 05:03 PM
i've been thinking of getting one for a while ... but for reasons BeninatoTC mentioned, haven't got it done ... i think i'd like to get something simple though, like the text in my signature "Canadian by birth, Red by the grace of God" ... that way it applies to both my teams :)

TFCinVANCOUVER
06-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Think this through, seriously. Do you honestly want to brand a sports logo on you for the rest of your life? What happens if they inevitably change their logo in 30-40 years? What happens if the MLS folds and TFC disappears?

Dichio will never disappear!
Get the crest with PASSION under it!

That's what I have with the leafs 67 logo!
just a thought

deltox
06-20-2009, 09:24 AM
if the logo changes in the future or if the team folds, then this will be a symbol of the all the good times and experiences that im going through right now. its a big part of my life.

thanks to all the suggestions. keep'em coming

Manpon
06-20-2009, 09:30 AM
yo dont listen to anyone else..except for the ideas..it's your body you can do what you please with it..i have lots of tattoos of shit that has been significant to me in some point in my life...regardless if the team fucks off..it means a lot to you

Shep
06-20-2009, 12:53 PM

I think everything through, and I am already tattoo'd, scar'd, branded and pierced (not as crazy as it sounds). Not one regret and I'm in my mid-30's.

The point for me is to make a permanent impression both on my body and on my psyche of things that are extremely important to me. I always think about it for at least 4 months, then some more. With TFC I'd always wanted it, and spent plenty of time thinking about it, but this cup win clinched the deal for me - watching that match brought me pure joy. Happiness I hadn't felt in years!

You are right though, things change, the club may die, but I've committed myself to supporting until the end. Hopefully it will be my end that comes first, but regardless I will never regret what I am doing right now and that is what the tattoo will always mean.

And to many it's more than a sport's logo. A logo is basically a symbol, and in the case of local football that symbol takes on a lot of meaning. Local football clubs are central to a community, and in the most positive way.. people need dreams, and dreams that can come true are the best kind. Like winning on Thursday - that was a dream come true! And as I write this I don't doubt there are kids who are dreaming about one day playing for TFC. I know the same can be said for many clubs, but the TFC crest will always be in my heart.

As for the crest changing, it probably will. But that's the point, this was the first incarnation. No matter how many versions are born (see Leeds UTD) I will always have this one in my heart.

That said, it won't be permanent anyway, this body of mine isn't going to last forever ;)

eustacchio
06-20-2009, 01:43 PM
^ where do you go to get scarred, and what's that experience like?

I've been thinking about getting my last name scarred into the back of my arm for a while (I'll probably end up getting a tattoo of it instead though).

My girlfriend told me a long time ago that I couldn't get a TFC tattoo (not that I'm necessarily going to listen to her ;)).

FluSH
06-20-2009, 01:47 PM
There is a Toronto Tatoo Expo going down.... today and tomorrow!

Derko
06-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Get a Rangers tat instead!!

Maybe he's not a Rangers Fan

mlsintoronto
06-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Get a tiny tfc logo and a single maple leaf below centered. Leave lots of room around it to put a leaf for every voyageur cup, and a star for every other cup. You'll be visiting the parlour every year. Start an account! :)

werewolf
06-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Get a tiny tfc logo and a single maple leaf below centered. Leave lots of room around it to put a leaf for every voyageur cup, and a star for every other cup. You'll be visiting the parlour every year. Start an account! :)

:scarf:

Smuttynose
06-20-2009, 05:52 PM

That's an awesome idea!

Hooligan69
06-20-2009, 05:57 PM
I've been contemplating getting a TFC tattoo for a while now.

Eastend
06-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Just get the logo. I have 3 tattoos, thought each one through and each has a special meaning...and I have 2 more to come for sure....my sons b-day, and the TFC logo when we win the league (although the 2nd one will be a challenge with the wife).

Eastend
06-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Also, there is 1 guy in 114 (Mike) that got the TFC logo before we even played a game....BEFORE SEASON 1!!!!!

This is a significant part of my life, an awesome expereience and I will mark it eventually.

deltox
06-22-2009, 08:00 PM

that sounds pretty mint

i like a little maple leaf for the CDN championship

Tyler
06-22-2009, 08:03 PM
i have an appointment booked for approx. one month from now. i'm getting the u-sector skull (see the 2007 or 2008 scarf) done on my left shoulder to match the stylized maple leaf on my right.

i have been with the original u-sec boys + girls since 2000 or so, so it seems natural. for club and country ; )

FluSH
06-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Sooooo

where are the pics?

deltox
06-22-2009, 09:46 PM
http://web5.twitpic.com/img/13705223-aa9323191b38dab5ff9bcfa5636550f9.4a40487d-scaled.jpg

deltox
06-22-2009, 09:48 PM
so how do they look?

MrHawk
06-22-2009, 09:52 PM
I seen this dude in Hamilton with a sick TFC Logo tattoo on his left arm (Right by the elbow)

If he is on this message board, HSR Sucks :)

deltox
06-22-2009, 10:01 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/13705635.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1245727901&Signature=0WLnRB5gGh2YbGWoza1HHt70AYs%3D

deltox
06-22-2009, 10:06 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/13705813.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1245727939&Signature=fEDKsj9BxjM%2BcLKFu5Hz5zA2ODU%3D

bertal
06-23-2009, 08:15 AM
No tattoo for me........ewwww

i wouldnt do it man, not even a tattoo of my favorite PL team

EENIE MAN
10-01-2009, 06:24 PM
just got back from my tattoo artists studio. he showed me a whole leg piece he did for a TFC supporter. FUCKING AMAZING!!! complete with logo, crazy fans , and of course........Danny D.
i will be looking for you at the next game. congrats buddy , and good on ya.
the artits name is Dave he's at Archive tattoo , and he was voted the BEST in toronto.:scarf:

Wagner
10-01-2009, 06:42 PM
just got back from my tattoo artists studio. he showed me a whole leg piece he did for a TFC supporter. FUCKING AMAZING!!! complete with logo, crazy fans , and of course........Danny D.
i will be looking for you at the next game. congrats buddy , and good on ya.
the artits name is Dave he's at Archive tattoo , and he was voted the BEST in toronto.:scarf:

we need some pics.

EENIE MAN
10-01-2009, 06:53 PM
i don't think it's completed yet . i just saw the stencil. but i'm sure who ever got it will be flaunting it at hte next game. i know i would.
ps i will ask my artist to post it on his site for everyone to see(with permission of course).
me personally when i get mine in January i will post pix for sure.

shawn6597
10-01-2009, 09:39 PM
where did you say you were considering getting this tat??

I'm starting to seriously consider getting the crest tatted over my heart - sorta where the crest sits when wearing a jersey.

Afra
10-02-2009, 06:09 AM
Tattoo your entire upper body in red like a jersey. All for one on the back of your neck, crest and sponsor on front. Make it a number 9.

Oblio2
10-02-2009, 07:19 AM
I have tattooed on my back, in huge letters:

Andy Welsh
ENGLAND

Flipityflu
10-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Don't get "All for one" on it that is gay!!! Such a gay north american team slogan and stolen from the Chicago Blackhawks too who used it first.

Just get the crest.

actually, i thought it was Athos, Porthos and Aramis who used it first.

vweyonlah
10-02-2009, 08:25 AM
I would go with the crest... and adding those little maple leafs for every canadian championship is also a great idea.

towersofsalford
10-02-2009, 09:38 AM
should have gone for kick to kill- tfc boot boys

or

yar mams clunge- 0n yer neck, well cool

EENIE MAN
10-02-2009, 01:48 PM
where did you say you were considering getting this tat??

I'm starting to seriously consider getting the crest tatted over my heart - sorta where the crest sits when wearing a jersey.

that would be a good spot.
for me , my chest is covered already. i'm thinking my calf.....i'm running out of skin room.

Cashcleaner
10-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I've already got a tat on my arm (same design as my user avatar) and considered getting another a few years back. The only one for TFC I would ever consider is the club crest. Not a small dinky one, though. You might as well go as big if you can with that sorta design.

phonzo
10-02-2009, 02:29 PM
i hear you can get sweet sleeve tats at games...

DangerRed
10-02-2009, 03:10 PM
should have gone for kick to kill- tfc boot boys

or

yar mams clunge- 0n yer neck, well cool

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gobi
10-02-2009, 10:08 PM
^ where do you go to get scarred, and what's that experience like?

Too easy...

1) Junior High? High School? The dank, filthy bathroom of some underground dance club?
2) Life-altering? Gut-wrenching? Kinda meh?

:D

Deltox, good luck with the tattoo. I'm still up for getting one too.
One of these days.
Just the crest; simple and perfect.

BoltonTFC
10-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Tattoos have jumped the shark but if you must get one just get one of Dichio's bald head.

eustacchio
10-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Too easy...

1) Junior High? High School? The dank, filthy bathroom of some underground dance club?
2) Life-altering? Gut-wrenching? Kinda meh?

:D

Hey oh!

That was pretty funny.

TorCanSoc
10-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I want one of Herve Villechaize.

Technorgasm
10-04-2009, 02:00 AM
the lack of pics from the crazies. . makes this thread sad. . . .

_

sarsippius
10-27-2010, 12:28 PM
we need some pics.

Hi Folks,

Noticed this thread was a little old, and I've had some interest over the summer, so I thought I would throw it out there that I'm the fellow that has had the work done. Many thanks to those who have had kind words for the Tattoo.

I did want to post some pictures to make sure that David Glantz at Archive gets full credit for his efforts. Dave and his wife Elyse are a combined class act, and their time is worth every penny. The Tattoo itself is a work in progress. There are 4 portraits to fill in to complete the full "sock". As the team has success over the years I'll find pictures that I feel are iconic enough to fill in the remaining three; thus far, I've only found one photo that I feel makes the grade, so only one portrait is completed.

One picture of the front of leg is attached for those that have not seen it, but I am certain that most folks that have gone to Joes this summer would have caught it first hand. As I've gotten a few questions, I'll be happy to show more detail in person if any RPB Member is interested.

Cheers!

flatpicker
10-27-2010, 12:30 PM
That's some serious dedication!

DangerRed
10-27-2010, 12:41 PM
That's some serious dedication!

That's one way of putting it...

prizby
10-27-2010, 01:13 PM
I have forever not been a fan of tatoos, but I have been thinking about the crest on some part of my body. I was thinking on my back somewhere, maybe the back of one of my legs, chest, or one my arms by the bicep...what would look best

sarsippius
10-27-2010, 01:19 PM
I have forever not been a fan of tatoos, but I have been thinking about the crest on some part of my body. I was thinking on my back somewhere, maybe the back of one of my legs, chest, or one my arms by the bicep...what would look best

I think that the crest looks brilliant anywhere (almost), but then again I have a huge one emblazoned on the back of my leg, and I recognize that's not for everyone.

My only suggestion: talk to the artist that is going to be doing the work, ask them their opinion, and make sure the location matches up with your lifestyle. Some people can't wear Tattoos in their profession, so it might be better to be able to hide it if need be.

H Bomb
10-27-2010, 01:20 PM
FACE. Face face face. put it on your face.!!

DangerRed
10-27-2010, 01:28 PM
^LOL. I vote for forehead.

flatpicker
10-27-2010, 02:06 PM
I think I will tattoo my manhood,
That way, when it is relaxed, the tattoo will shrink to say "TFC",
But when it is hard it will read "There is nothing I would rather be doing than cheering on my favourite team in the soccer world, and that of course is Toronto FC! Yes, that's right, Toronto. You got a problem with that? Then you can eat me. Let's Go Toronto FC!"

trane
10-27-2010, 02:31 PM
^ You mean when relaxed it will say TFC , when not it will say T.F.C.?

H Bomb
10-27-2010, 02:34 PM
I think I will tattoo my manhood,
That way, when it is relaxed, the tattoo will shrink to say "TFC",
But when it is hard it will read "There is nothing I would rather be doing than cheering on my favourite team in the soccer world, and that of course is Toronto FC! Yes, that's right, Toronto. You got a problem with that? Then you can eat me. Let's Go Toronto FC!"

so the hope is that people have a problem with it

Sonny Cheeba
10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
i'd never get a TFC tattoo..... 4 years gone, unknown amount of years to come. townhall meetings already a requirement to settle shit with annoyed supporters. i'd at least like to make sure they're here to stay, and that a real history develops before anything started poking my skin.

then again. i don't even own a jersey.

Technorgasm
10-27-2010, 03:14 PM
I think its Mike. . he is NEE, he has a TFC logo on his back, shoulder
has 2 swords behind it..
looks fuckin RAD. . . wish someone would post it..
TFC logo is not the easiest to tat. you have to get it like. at least Palm sized.

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/YNWA_tat_SM42c.JPG

Sonny Cheeba
10-27-2010, 03:21 PM
I think its Mike. . he is NEE, he has a TFC logo on his back, shoulder
has 2 swords behind it..
looks fuckin RAD. . . wish someone would post it..
TFC logo is not the easiest to tat. you have to get it like. at least Palm sized.

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/YNWA_tat_SM42c.JPG

^is that yours?

the inside of your wrist isn't exactly the best spot for that lol.....

flatpicker
10-27-2010, 03:25 PM
so the hope is that people have a problem with it

Well, my gf doesn't care for soccer... so it could work in my favour.
;)

MFG1
10-27-2010, 06:41 PM

My body is about 25% covered and here's my word of advice.

Dont be impulsive, if its your first tattoo, when your absolutely ready, wait another six months. Dont ask your friends opinions because at the end of the day, its you that has to live with it. I love tattoos, any tattoo I get now has to be a bit better than the last one I got. My personal opinon after spending over 80 hours over the last ten years, just make sure its what you want. If my first one wasnt impulsive, who knows where i would be.

Anyway if your in toronto, go see Dave Glantz at Archive, if you can find his old partner Rob Coutts, good luck. or way till next June and go to the northern Ink tattoo Convention the third week of June.

Ricky_Portugal
10-27-2010, 06:53 PM
I have one on my arm that I had done during the dc united game

FluSH
10-29-2010, 06:12 AM

wow that's pretty good... I see the RPB Leaf... :flare:

Could this be the first RPB tatoo? If so, kudos for beating me to it...

DangerRed
10-29-2010, 09:15 AM

What are the two stars above the crest supposed to mean? Please don't tell me they symbolize our two wins of a three-team tournament where we were the only MLS team playing...

Fort York Redcoat
10-29-2010, 09:28 AM
What are the two stars above the crest supposed to mean? Please don't tell me they symbolize our two wins of a three-team tournament where we were the only MLS team playing...

And what if they are? You mean you didn't care to get into champions league? Awesome. Shit on the tournament in its infancy. Do it. If it's around 30, 50 yrs from now you'll count these wins with all the rest.:thumbsup:

DangerRed
10-29-2010, 10:25 AM
And what if they are? You mean you didn't care to get into champions league? Awesome. Shit on the tournament in its infancy. Do it. If it's around 30, 50 yrs from now you'll count these wins with all the rest.:thumbsup:

Unknot your panties. I wasn't shitting on the tournament as much as questioning the logic of tatting your arm with a star for each win. What's he going to do if we keep winning it? Cover his entire body with stars? Maybe I'm being optimistic.

Fort York Redcoat
10-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Unknot your panties. I wasn't shitting on the tournament as much as questioning the logic of tatting your arm with a star for each win. What's he going to do if we keep winning it? Cover his entire body with stars? Maybe I'm being optimistic.

No I like you're thinking. But it'll be his forearm. I've seen it. It looks great. It'll look even better with more.

and I'll wear my knickers anyway I want.:D

DangerRed
10-29-2010, 11:02 AM
No I like you're thinking. But it'll be his forearm. I've seen it. It looks great. It'll look even better with more.

and I'll wear my knickers anyway I want.:D

It's Friday and I'm feeling less crotchety than usual, so I'll agree with you -- only if you substitute "even better" with "goofy." :D

Ricky_Portugal
11-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes the 2 red stars represent the canadian championship but they represent to me the first 2 championships I first witnessed as a supporter now when we win the mls cup I will add what is apropriate until then it stays as it is

Technorgasm
11-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Where is Sids tats?
one arm TFC one arm RPB