PDA

View Full Version : Real Madrid should go, 4 games in 10 days

Red CB Toronto
06-18-2009, 09:48 PM
If the Reds know whats good for the boys, calling off the RM game is needed, after claiming the Canadian Championship in such dramatic fashion tonight. What a crazy stretch for the Reds, vs. the Islanders on July 28th and August 4th and road games at Columbus on July 25th and New England on August 1st, four games in 10 days, that is just crazy.

There is no room for this game vs. Kaka, Renaldo and the boys from Madrid.

Just my two cents.

Jack
06-18-2009, 09:51 PM
EDIT: Just reread it and yeah, the friendly is after the important games.

Just make sure we rest the regulars for the friendly as they will be tired after playing the meaningful games.

Lennon
06-18-2009, 09:53 PM
We should put out the TFC Acadamy for that game ...

SilverSamurai
06-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Let the subs play if they still have to play the game. Rest the 1st squad.

Although moving the game around would be best.

nobuzz
06-18-2009, 09:54 PM
well hell, we don't have anything saying we need to play our starters, let the people who don't get any time play and let Real walk all over us and score 10 goals.

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 09:55 PM
I will be very angry if we do play our regulars!

ensco
06-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Play the starters 45 minutes, just like RM, then let the Gambians, Gala, etc take it from there.

solacevip
06-18-2009, 10:01 PM
God forbid.

And I do say God forbid.

Won't it be quite silly if one of our players (dare I say) gets injured because of this friendly.

It is simply just NOT a good idea.

RedMAN127
06-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Very true.

Once again, the stupid friendly messing with important matches.

Time to set the priorities!

isn't RM Aug 7 how does this affect previous matches? ... mayber the RP game (July 22) would be more of a distraction?

TFC Cityboy
06-18-2009, 10:06 PM
but what about all the Madrid fans that have spent big bucks to see the big names like DeRo Guevara and Dichio?
:)

Pachuco
06-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Let the subs play if they still have to play the game. Rest the 1st squad.

Although moving the game around would be best.

We have no subs left :(

boban
06-18-2009, 10:09 PM
If the Reds know whats good for the boys, calling off the RM game is needed, after claiming the Canadian Championship in such dramatic fashion tonight. What a crazy stretch for the Reds, vs. the Islanders on July 28th and August 4th and road games at Columbus on July 25th and New England on August 1st, four games in 10 days, that is just crazy.

There is no room for this game vs. Kaka, Renaldo and the boys from Madrid.

Just my two cents.
What does this have to do with anything?
The Real game is the last one in the bunch.
The fate of those 4 games you mentioned will be known long before the friendly.

Jack
06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
isn't RM Aug 7 how does this affect previous matches? ... mayber the RP game (July 22) would be more of a distraction?
Fair enough.

But I imagine we won't be playing any regulars after the rough schedule right before this match.

denime
06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
July 22nd vs River Plate doesn't help aether.

greatwhitenorf
06-18-2009, 10:12 PM
You are such a caring sensitive person, Cityboy. You should be an ambassador for our club.

First half vs RM will be powder puff football with all the big names out there being slick and sassy, but as menacing as a muffin. Second half might be full of interesting stuff as the squids try to tear it up against one another.

Glad I've already sold my extra seats. Hope TFC treat the game appropriately. For once, a nice problem to have.

Red CB Toronto
06-18-2009, 10:19 PM
My point is right now, TFC does not have the bench to rest our players, in the MLS with only 24 players its pretty hard to, maybe they will go the CSL guest route like last year. I just would not want to play a meaningless friendly after such a marathon of four games in 10 days or as some have said 5 in 13 games including the River Plate game.

SilverSamurai
06-18-2009, 10:33 PM
My point is right now, TFC does not have the bench to rest our players, in the MLS with only 24 players its pretty hard to, maybe they will go the CSL guest route like last year. I just would not want to play a meaningless friendly after such a marathon of four games in 10 days or as some have said 5 in 13 games including the River Plate game.

Well ya only need 11... lol
But let the Gambian kids play, Edwards, Melo and White (even if he just stands still)
Then sign a couple of random dudes. Hell let the ball kids play.
No starter from the starting 11 should start.
Only fringe players I think should be Velez and Harmse.

Cas87
06-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Don't forget the All-Star game on the 29th of July