PDA

View Full Version : Respect to the Road Warriors!

Shep
06-18-2009, 09:45 PM
To all you RPB that made the trip down to MTL: YOU ROCK!!!

No doubt the 12th man had an influence, TFC chants ran the game!

If none of you had made the trip, who knows what the result would have been, I'm convinced you being there spurred the squad on even more.

You are true Reds. Inspiring.

/salute

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 09:48 PM
You guys were amazing! I could hear you guys chanting more than Montreal supporters (which I barely heard anyway)! You guys rocked it, great show of support and you could tell that it did very much help the team!

manic.street.preacher
06-18-2009, 09:50 PM
props to everyone!

Inklink
06-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Sounded GREAT on the broadcast. Well done!

drek
06-18-2009, 10:21 PM
All I could hear on the broadcast! Cheers to my boy pwillows hahaha!

Lennon
06-18-2009, 10:23 PM
props to everyone!

I was chanting along with you guys ... wish I was there ...

Darlofletch
06-18-2009, 10:26 PM
yep, congrats to you all, you lucky lucky bastards, you deserved that.

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 10:31 PM
My voice is soar imagine how soar your voices must be! Well worth it! You guys changed the game!

yellowfellow
06-18-2009, 10:32 PM
We doubled them in size. 500-600? The whole section went nuts after Barrett's header...everyone were hugging, falling to the ground...fucking nuts!

pekduck
06-18-2009, 10:33 PM
i'm sure they didn't catch the pitch invasion on TV at the trophy presentation!

maninb
06-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Props to the lads and lassies who made the trip!!! Jimmie B bringing the Cup over at the end must have been special! Well done!!!

denime
06-18-2009, 10:35 PM

No, there was one?

Kevvv
06-18-2009, 10:35 PM

no - do tell

carefree_cfc
06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Wow i'm so jealous of you all right now. But you guys were fantastic, even when we scored to equalize at 1-1 i could see the belief you all showed. What an amazing amazing match!

pekduck
06-18-2009, 10:38 PM
yep, approx 4-5 only, few tackles but it was all epic

players went to us right after, dero, dichio, marco all threw their jersey to us, brennan took yellowfellow's RPB flag and ran the quarter pitch, hats were floating into the pitch...

it is the best time of my life....

Gixmo
06-18-2009, 10:44 PM

players went to us right after, dero, dichio, marco all threw their jersey to us, brennan took yellowfellow's RPB flag and ran the quarter pitch, hats were floating into the pitch...

Will you adopt me, so I can travel with you. Legendary travel record!

We met at the tailgate, I got a ticket from you... Friend delayed on TTC...

Please.. :canada:

Pigfynn
06-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Best moment for support tonight was when you could clearly hear all the supporters chanting "TFC!,TFC!" right after the L'impact scored. Well done, we are very proud...and very,very drunk.

rocker
06-18-2009, 10:58 PM
i can't wait for them to get back and write up their stories of the day and night in this thread!

Pigfynn
06-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Well done gentlemen and ladies

ExiledRed
06-18-2009, 11:10 PM
The supporters owned the place, they didn't miss a beat when we went down a goal and they simply rocked. Absolutely fucking stellar job, thankyou.

Phil
06-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Full marks. Wish I could have been there.

flatpicker
06-18-2009, 11:35 PM
You guys are wonderful!
Wish I was there this year!

Sonny Cheeba
06-18-2009, 11:37 PM
well done lads. i'm watching the replay on the french channel and still enjoying the sounds.... despite the french commentary..... that makes me feel like a woman for some reason.

ochos
06-18-2009, 11:57 PM
was at a work function but everyone was watching me watch the game!!

Un-effing believable guys.. you sounded terrific!

You know, there are lots of users on this board who are so critical and negative on this board, but you guys made me proud once again to be RPB. NO MATTER HOW SMALL THE ODDS, THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE, and you guys proved that today.. listening to the broadcast, you could hear it in the voices of the fans chanting. That's my attitude towards life/football/everything. Seriously guys, hats off because we all deserve this so much.

Thank you!

thisisinternetclash
06-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Complete respect.

boomcha
06-19-2009, 12:09 AM
I fucking love you guys!!!

James17930
06-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Massive respect. You guys were huge and loud and hugely loud and you did the whole city and all the fans proud.

fiji_blue
06-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Respect

Yohan
06-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Massive props to everyone at the Bakery. We rocked the place.

All three major groups led by Boris (RPB), Zack (USector), Brocko (NEE) as capos brought us together and got behind the lads BIG TIME.

We left our group politics behind for this win. Away trips brings out the best in TFC supporters

Super
06-19-2009, 04:50 AM
You were all missed in MTL, friends. Just got home myself. I'm exhausted. But what a day - and our first trophy. Sure, it's not the MLS Cup, and sure it's not the Champions League - but it's still the first trophy we've ever won ... and that's very special. The way it was won makes it even more special. There was definitely a great feeling there that we had just witnessed something very special. I've never seen so many happy people in one place. It was just amazing - and we stayed in the stadium singing and chanting for quite a while after as well. Then took the train back to the car and straight home. Looong day. Props to El Rojo for not drinking so he could drive us ;)

Marco2K
06-19-2009, 04:54 AM
WE LOVE YOU WELOVE YOU!

Great job road warriors. Once in a life time baby

CoachGT
06-19-2009, 05:28 AM
Great job guys! All of Archies (York Region Pub) cheered loudly every time they showed you, especially doing the bounce at the end!

Gwando
06-19-2009, 05:52 AM
You guys were amazing

Del Boy
06-19-2009, 06:12 AM
Our club's ambassadors, making us well proud. Thanks to you all.

King Tut
06-19-2009, 06:56 AM
No, there was one?

Yep...Nothing massive. Six guys jumped, 3 got caught, 3 made it to the players and the coaching staff. I made it to the trophy table and gave props to all the players. The day couldn't have been any better for me personally. Egypt win over Italy, TFC wins the Cup, got to celebrate with the players on the pitch and got a game worn jersey from Cronin. :canada::scarf::flare:

Suds
06-19-2009, 06:58 AM
Awesome!!!

redcard
06-19-2009, 07:13 AM
if you think it sounded great on the tube...being there was just unreal...i cant even put it in words...

the 3 more goals to the 2 more goals chant and then the 1 more goal, unreal...and then when it was the magic number it just went nuts!!!

trail
06-19-2009, 08:10 AM
looked and sounded great!!! Thanks to everyone there
:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

English Rachel
06-19-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the props :)

I have posted this elsewhere but thought you may like it in this thread;

My review, for anyone that cares ;)

Got to Montreal at about 12.30 following a 7am start from Yorkdale (thanks to Whoopee for driving us there and back safely - you're wonderful) but it was pissing down with rain so we didn't get to do the sightseeing we wanted to. Adamdz, Torcida and I went to St Huberts and had a few drinks before heading over to McLean's to meet the rest of the guys. We were pretty much the first ones there but then the upstairs filled up and the chants started - beautiful [side note: We went to the only strip club in the world where no one was stripping - at least it was only $3 cover lol].

I have to say, I am not keen on singing French chants whilst in Montreal unless we're winning (more to say on that later). I guess that's the English person in me.... but really, I still stand by that.

So, off to the ground we go, I lose my ticket in my massive purse and then realize I had 'put it safe' in my wallet, I was scared there for a moment.

I loved our crazy section, it was wonderful to be a part of the living, breathing entity that is the Red Patch Boys, a great start to the game, positive and uplifting, 12th man was definitely getting a start. Still French chanting but I let it slide ;)

Then they scored. It was a definite PK and absolutely crucified my mood. Now this is where I was disappointed - still chanting in French :( and flags covering important plays (please don't - there's lots of down time in the games, when there's a goal run, I really want to see it).

As soon as we scored the first goal, the atmosphere electrified, the energy was unreal. We can do it, we can do it....

The buzz before the second half was full of hope and trepidation, I honestly was truly plugged in to the collective mood, it was absolutely amazing.

Then the second half - this is where I wet myself with excitement. Well-placed chants, no flags during play, EVERYONE watching the game and willing with all our hearts for those goals we so desperately needed...

4th goal. Holy shit. :)
5th goal. We've drawn, DON'T concede, please. :D
6th goal. We've won the fucking cup!!!!!!! :hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump:

The absolute best football moment in my life. Without doubt. I even started singing in French so I totally stand corrected on that - Allez Allez Allez lol (It's easy to sing when you're winning ;))

So proud of our boys and to be a part of you, RPB, thank you for making me so welcome. I love you.

I got home at 4.30am this morning and I am now sat at my desk, trying to work, but all I can do it sing TFC til I die in my head. lol.

VPjr
06-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Hats off to those of you that made the trip. The front office really should be reimbursing your travel costs because I believe you actually made a difference.

I applaud you all...well done.

SuperTCP
06-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Wicked! You guys deserved those game worn jerseys that were thrown out to you. I am still kicking myself for not going as well. You guys owned saputo stadium!

king dave
06-19-2009, 09:00 AM
What a day!
Props to those who made the trek and as I watched it on tv at joes (sans shirt) I felt warm and tingly everytime they showed you guys/gals.
Beyond words.
What a day!
KD.

eustacchio
06-19-2009, 09:06 AM
You were amazing. I especailly loved the shot of you all flooding to the front rows as the Montreal fans headed for the gates as if somebody had pulled the fire alarm.

gunnerken
06-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Just got back to my office in Oakville...unshaven and still wearing my jersey from last night (I never want to take it off !)...most amazing night ever...under the shadow of the tower of the Big 'O' where 33 years ago my father took me to my first big time soccer game, the final of the '76 Olympics with 80,000 people... next door on a wonderful,misty, magical evening, a dream came true...I'm hoarse, happy, and still pinching myself...
"You better f*&%#n' believe it !..we won the f&%#*n' Cup !":scarf:

spezz44
06-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Just got back to my office in Oakville...unshaven and still wearing my jersey from last night (I never want to take it off !)...most amazing night ever...under the shadow of the tower of the Big 'O' where 33 years ago my father took me to my first big time soccer game, the final of the '76 Olympics with 80,000 people... next door on a wonderful,misty, magical evening, a dream came true...I'm hoarse, happy, and still pinching myself...
"You better f*&%#n' believe it !..we won the f&%#*n' Cup !":scarf:

Man love the sig, props to another bronte TFC supporter!

Yohan
06-19-2009, 09:51 AM
who's not jumping is not a champion
hey! hey!
who's not jumping is not a champion
hey! hey!

rocker
06-19-2009, 09:57 AM
everyone back yet? more stories!

JamboAl
06-19-2009, 10:06 AM
I think a lot of folks are still nursing hangovers or suffering from sleep deprivation.

Best part of the night. After goals 5 & 6, winding up 4 rows from where I started 30 seconds before.

Oh yeah, and thanks to my fellow Asian RPBers for the first beer of the night at McLean's.

Razor
06-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Way to be the 12th man - you guys/gals rocked Saputo last night!

*salute*

English Rachel
06-19-2009, 10:11 AM
<3 <3 <3

It was an honour to be there, let me tell you.

Yohan
06-19-2009, 10:12 AM
i wanna know where did that NCC banner disappeared to.

that thing better end up in one of the supporters pubs on the ceiling

English Rachel
06-19-2009, 10:12 AM
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=269232&id=681975170&l=15b0b53323

Pics

mikenfer
06-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Hats off to the lot of ya...

yellowfellow
06-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Beer towers at McLean's were awesome!!! It's like a never-ending supply of beer...

Yohan
06-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Beer towers at McLean's were awesome!!! It's like a never-ending supply of beer...
someone tell Joe to get couple of these things at Shoeless!

Dave67
06-19-2009, 11:11 AM
You were all massive!

devioustrevor
06-19-2009, 11:11 AM

No, there was one?

No, it was only about 3-6 guys. The fucking stadium security douchebags wouldn't even let us go around to the other side of the stadium to where TFC left the field towards their dressing room.

Phil
06-19-2009, 11:16 AM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

Some nice comments about the support from Mr.Cummins :D

devioustrevor
06-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Last night rocked. I was waiting at the Peel Pub for some friends from London, I even checked Maclean's. The bastards never showed. Oh well, I enjoyed myself immensely. It was my first ever TFC game and I got to watch them win a trophy, set team records for both goals scored and margin of victory, see DDR score the first Hattrick in TFC history and lift the Voyageurs Cup in Montreal for payback having to watch them lift it at BMO last year. I think I might get a passport to go to Puerto Rico.

I'm still in Montreal for the weekend. I'm thinking of going to the Montreal-Vancouver game tomorrow afternoon decked out in my TFC gear.

romburgundy
06-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Last night rocked. I was waiting at the Peel Pub for some friends from London, I even checked Maclean's. The bastards never showed. Oh well, I enjoyed myself immensely. It was my first ever TFC game and I got to watch them win a trophy, set team records for both goals scored and margin of victory, see DDR score the first Hattrick in TFC history and lift the Voyageurs Cup in Montreal for payback having to watch them lift it at BMO last year. I think I might get a passport to go to Puerto Rico.

I'm still in Montreal for the weekend. I'm thinking of going to the Montreal-Vancouver game tomorrow afternoon decked out in my TFC gear.

DO IT

rocker
06-19-2009, 11:32 AM

that's gonna be one intense match... I expect some red cards in that one!
and you can enjoy as a neutral observer.

that just took the MTL-Van rivalry up a notch, which is "good for canadian football". :)

yellowfellow
06-19-2009, 11:32 AM
interesting...I might go as well....

BFin
06-19-2009, 11:39 AM
DO IT
just be careful how you do it. stay in groups

apparently some TFC supporters got jumped by some Mtl shitpumps

-yohan

English Rachel
06-19-2009, 11:46 AM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

Some nice comments about the support from Mr.Cummins :D

Watched all the videos, I am sat here just one big GOOSEBUMP!!!

Lol at the fact you can hear ME screaming on most of them eek!

BFin
06-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Hands down the greatest sporting event of my life.
I have never seen so much love and support.
I still have goose bumps.

yellowfellow
06-19-2009, 02:08 PM
QFT! It doesn't get any better than this. I can tell my grandkids in 40 years that I was there when Toronto FC won its first trophy.

Super
06-19-2009, 02:34 PM
QFT! It doesn't get any better than this. I can tell my grandkids in 40 years that I was there when Toronto FC won its first trophy.

No doubt a night I will NEVER forget. NEVER! I hope BMO will be rocking against the NYRB next week to celebrate the players. They deserve it!

WHITEY
06-19-2009, 02:34 PM

Add to that Robinson, which I was lucky enough to get thrown towards me.

Sore throat, can't talk, legs hurt from all the bouncing, hamstring pulled from leaning over the railing to get Robinson's jersey and it was ALL FUCKING WORTH IT!

yellowfellow
06-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Garcia came to us too.

Super
06-19-2009, 02:55 PM
The entire team celebrated with us. Coaching staff, everybody. It was a great night. It was a night to remember by all.

yellowfellow
06-19-2009, 02:56 PM
oh yeah, I think the trainer jumped onto the railing as well.

Whoop
06-19-2009, 03:19 PM
6 fucking goals.

Still can't believe I actually witnessed it live.

uncle p
06-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Just arrived home. Met the whole team in Montreal while waiting for a flight. They were on the porter flight before me

I even got a pic with Dero AND THE CUP!!!

JamboAl
06-19-2009, 04:18 PM
^ Did you make it to Schwartz's? If so, you still burping up the goodness? :smilielol5:

My two buddies and I got there a bit after 4 PM in the pouring rain...unless you were with the group outside of the restaurant when we got there.

uncle p
06-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Jambo, i did make it....I got in a little early though. Left schwarz around 345.....

grizzle
06-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Being there was one THE BEST sporting experience I have ever had. Everyone that came was awsome! Nice of the players to throw out the jerseys after the game. I think someone listed a few, but there were more than that. Pretty sure Garcia, Frei and a few others too threw theirs out. Great time!

Sab0tage
06-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Just got home. Tired as hell but it was worth it. I'm happy that you guys heard us well on the broadcast. It was absolutely crazy when Barrett scored the winning goal.

TFC247
06-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Congrats to all who went there. Much respect!

PJC
06-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Much respect to the rabid road warriors. Keep up the fantastic support.

Cashcleaner
06-20-2009, 03:23 AM
The trip isn't over for myself and my buddies, actually. We're up here in Ottawa drinking and carrying on well into Saturday. I'm exhausted, but in a very happy state right now.

devioustrevor
06-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Being there was one THE BEST sporting experience I have ever had. Everyone that came was awsome! Nice of the players to throw out the jerseys after the game. I think someone listed a few, but there were more than that. Pretty sure Garcia, Frei and a few others too threw theirs out. Great time!

I think every player except Amado did. Amado wasn't around when the players were throwing their jersies or I suspect he would've too.

Heathen
06-20-2009, 08:40 AM
What a night, I'm still tired and we've been back since 6 yesterday. I have to admit I was one of those who was having second thoughts about going after the losing to Vancouver, bloody glad I went now obviously!
The best supporter moment for me was the reaction to Montreal scoring, it was in the middle of Dichio 23:14 and we just kept right on singing even louder.

uncle p
06-20-2009, 10:10 AM
What a night, I'm still tired and we've been back since 6 yesterday. I have to admit I was one of those who was having second thoughts about going after the losing to Vancouver, bloody glad I went now obviously!
The best supporter moment for me was the reaction to Montreal scoring, it was in the middle of Dichio 23:14 and we just kept right on singing even louder.

Yeah, it was amazing that the singing only got louder and more "on time" AFTER we went down 1-nil...effing brilliant!!!!

shawn6597
06-20-2009, 10:23 AM
a soaking wet mosh pit.
With each goal the celebration got more and more insane.

I've never been involved in such insanity.

Ladies Love Julius James
06-20-2009, 10:29 AM
A picture is worth 1000 words

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/JSAN/DSC_0009-2.jpg

werewolf
06-20-2009, 10:30 AM
a soaking wet mosh pit.
With each goal the celebration got more and more insane.

I've never been involved in such insanity.

Fact.

Nodoubtguy
06-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Just woke up after getting in yesterday at like 7ish.....

That was possibly one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed. After we went up 5-1.....I was literally in shock. The whole trip from start to finish was crazy,

some personal highlights

The pimpin ride (Brand new Lincoln Town Car)
047-TFC (The Omen)
The beer towers
The Game (well duh......)
celebrations after goals 5/6....I've never hugged so many people!!!
rushing to the front, having Jimmy and Chad come right up to me, watching Jimmy get the RPB flag from Yellowfellow beside me
The Metro - Was right up against a door and loved the look on peoples faces as we pulled into the stations
Johnnie Walker making several visits
getting into a MTL club by myself

wow.....just wow

shawn6597
06-20-2009, 10:48 AM
i though we were gonna bounce the subway cars off the tracks at one point on the way to the game.

To be honest, it wouldnt have mattered either lol

Sab0tage
06-20-2009, 10:50 AM
i though we were gonna bounce the subway cars off the tracks at one point on the way to the game.

To be honest, it wouldnt have mattered either lol Haha, so did I.

I can't wait to see some pictures or videos from the subway ride.

uncle p
06-20-2009, 01:11 PM
I have a four minute video of the EPIC metro take over, but my PC is being a pain in the ass and it keeps crashing everytime i try to upload it on youtube, stay tuned i'll post it soon.

And Shawn, you and zeelaw are front and centre in the vid. Thanks for letting me tag along with you guys.....good times!!

Keystone FC
06-20-2009, 01:45 PM
I got back home at around 3:00pm Friday and went right to bed....I had to be at work at Midnight :( but it was worth the trip....ALL OF IT! I have never been apart of a Championship celebration and the way we got the cup was....I'll say it...spiritual. The TFC supporters were TOTALLY united for the full 90 minutes. Still can't believe it happened and it wont sink in until we play Puerto Rico.
Our 1st cup and it only took 2 1/2 years to do it, and what a way to do it.
Great seeing some of the old gang, put faces with board members, and meet new TFC supporters. I have always been proud to be a RPB and a TFC supporter, but never have I been the proudest of our supporters AND our club at that moment.

Rudi
06-20-2009, 01:56 PM
I got back home at around 3:00pm Friday and went right to bed....I had to be at work at Midnight :( but it was worth the trip....ALL OF IT! I have never been apart of a Championship celebration and the way we got the cup was....I'll say it...spiritual. The TFC supporters were TOTALLY united for the full 90 minutes. Still can't believe it happened and it wont sink in until we play Puerto Rico.
Our 1st cup and it only took 2 1/2 years to do it, and what a way to do it.
Great seeing some of the old gang, put faces with board members, and meet new TFC supporters. I have always been proud to be a RPB and a TFC supporter, but never have I been the proudest of our supporters AND our club at that moment.
It was nice meeting you, man.

billyfly
06-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Just got back now. Still HIGH as a KITE over the win.

To all my fellow brothers and sisters that went, I salute you!

The Metro there and back had me thinking we were gonna break the damn subway!

Heathen
06-20-2009, 06:02 PM
A picture is worth 1000 words

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/JSAN/DSC_0009-2.jpg

What does it say on the orange banner?

zeelaw
06-21-2009, 08:35 AM
I have a four minute video of the EPIC metro take over, but my PC is being a pain in the ass and it keeps crashing everytime i try to upload it on youtube, stay tuned i'll post it soon.

And Shawn, you and zeelaw are front and centre in the vid. Thanks for letting me tag along with you guys.....good times!!
cheers man it was a pleasure... fucking shwarmas rock and cant wait to see that vid

KdotOdot
06-21-2009, 08:55 AM
I want to extend a big fat thank you to Mom aka El Rojo Fanatico who had the brass balls to drive a bunch of unruly shenanigans to and from Montreal in the same 18 hour period while displaying all the symptoms of the H1N1.

My feet were soaked I had trench foot by the end of the match, I lost my bank card, I threw my soaking shoes and socks out the window on the 401 out of drunken blindness...don't wanna go home...don't wanna go home...this is the best trip..I ever been on!!

Hustle
06-21-2009, 08:59 AM
After we started bouncing the metro, I could feel the driver slow it down....what start to just an amazing night...after goals 5 and 6 we were just jumping in the air with no regard to where you would land. You knew you were going to be alright and land in someone's arms!

It was just amazing to see everyone singing together, arms around each other, bouncing!!

I was in the second row when the boys brought the trophy over and I will never forget how pumped C.Cummins was hoisting that trophy....I hope someone got a picture of that.

tfcleeds
06-21-2009, 09:14 AM
No doubt, the Metro ride there and back was epic...props to the one Impact fan who got on the car I was in, the only anomaly in a sea of red chanting and generally going mental, took our good natured abuse well, and as we finally got off, he shook hands with most of us and congratulated us on the win.

The few commuters that happened to be on the Metro when we got on must have wondered what hit them!

Torcida
06-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Not only was this the best roadtrip I have been to but it trumps every other game I've been to regardless of sport. After the game, I was unsure if I was dreaming or not because it just ended too well.

Super
06-21-2009, 01:13 PM
My feet were soaked I had trench foot by the end of the match, I lost my bank card, I threw my soaking shoes and socks out the window on the 401 out of drunken blindness...don't wanna go home...don't wanna go home...this is the best trip..I ever been on!!

Bahahaha... Yeah, wtf was that about?

billyfly
06-21-2009, 01:15 PM
I can't believe how many pictures I'm not in.

lintberg
06-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Just got back from Montreal!
Wow...what an amazing road trip!
Best TFC match ever! Still completely high from the win.....awesome!!
It was fantastic to have been a part of it all....a huge thanks all for making it such an amazing time!!!

Cashcleaner
06-21-2009, 01:58 PM
It's three days after the match and my voice is still gone for the most part. There were apparently around 200 TFC supporters on hand in Montreal Thursday night, but I would expect anyone listening on the radio would have figured they were listening to a TFC home game at BMO Field. What a roadtrip!

Super
06-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I think I seriously damaged my vocal chords this time around. Hurts when I speak, still. Good thing we get a few days to rest up until we face NYRB.

BC101
06-21-2009, 02:13 PM
hahaha good Old Super...

Jeff s
06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
My first away trip, and what a game it was!

EENIE MAN
06-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Add to that Robinson, which I was lucky enough to get thrown towards me.

Sore throat, can't talk, legs hurt from all the bouncing, hamstring pulled from leaning over the railing to get Robinson's jersey and it was ALL FUCKING WORTH IT!

Oh , that was you i was in the mini "tug-o-war" with. congrats mate. enjoy. hopfully we can share a pint somtime.:drinking: what a night , just got home not to long ago.....T F MOTHERFUCKING C !
:scarf:

devioustrevor
06-21-2009, 08:09 PM
After we started bouncing the metro, I could feel the driver slow it down....what start to just an amazing night...after goals 5 and 6 we were just jumping in the air with no regard to where you would land. You knew you were going to be alright and land in someone's arms!

I know that for sure. Somebody's arm smacked me in the face and broke my glasses. But the experience before, during and after the game was more than worth the upcoming cost to replace them.

...There were apparently around 200 TFC supporters on hand in Montreal Thursday night...

I went to the Montreal-Vancouver game on Saturday afternoon and before the game I was talking footy with a guy named Mike that works in Montreal's front office (in the Montreal team guide the only Mike it lists is director Corporate Sales) and he said by counting sales in 223 (since TFC supporters were almost uniformly located there) and taking away the same-day walk-up sales from the total it was well over 300 TFC supporters there on Thursday.

BuSaPuNk
06-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Fuck what a trip....just got home going to get my pics and videos up tommarow....got a great one in the subway after the match....fuck I thought that train was coming off the rails for sure.....great fucking time.....

billyfly
06-21-2009, 10:44 PM
For a good-natured laugh re-read all the posts from:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14038

Its so easy to look back now with the victory.

DjDeebo
06-22-2009, 08:30 AM
biggest tfc related weekend ever, best road trip so far for sure...

best moments:

-beer tower things of labat 50 for $20
-"off the tracks, off the tracks" (although they run on rubber wheels)
-game
-Bfin's 3d super glasses

and thats all i remember...or am allowed to share...aiii what a weekend

perfect city for a bunch of roudy toronto fans!

good job everyone!

BFin
06-22-2009, 08:49 AM
biggest tfc related weekend ever, best road trip so far for sure...

best moments:

-beer tower things of labat 50 for $20
-"off the tracks, off the tracks" (although they run on rubber wheels)
-game
-Bfin's 3d super glasses

and thats all i remember...or am allowed to share...aiii what a weekend

perfect city for a bunch of roudy toronto fans!

good job everyone!

3d Super Glasses smell like victory!!
LOL What a trip.
I hate Labatt 50, but at that price...I was drinking...a lot.

billyfly
06-22-2009, 08:51 AM
I hate not rememebering everything b/c too much of the liquid gold.

Fort York Redcoat
06-22-2009, 08:52 AM
I hope that those that were at this game realize how truly epic it was. This tournament may never see the champions win in such a style for a hundred years.

The reward for following our team never tasted so sweet.

DjDeebo
06-22-2009, 08:54 AM
that 50 was even worse than usual...its much better in bottle form...not nasty old keg in that useless tower.

god im so afraid to see all the pics, i look like a goon in all of them

zeelaw
06-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Apparently the 50 is like 15 bucks cheaper then the next beer in those big ass beer-zooka things.

Ladies Love Julius James
06-22-2009, 08:56 AM
that 50 was even worse than usual...its much better in bottle form...not nasty old keg in that useless tower.

+1. downright nasty.

English Rachel
06-22-2009, 08:57 AM
^^ you gave yours away

Ladies Love Julius James
06-22-2009, 08:59 AM
cause it tasted like chicken noodle soup :(

Fort York Redcoat
06-22-2009, 09:12 AM
The 50 made for a great whisky chaser. It served its purpose.:drinking:

Nodoubtguy
06-22-2009, 09:15 AM

hahahaha....THANK GOD FOR 50!!!!

Yohan
06-22-2009, 09:18 AM
i didn't care what it was.

the purpose of the night was not to savour the flavour of your drink. lol:drinking:

BFin
06-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Tasted like victory to me boys lol.
Plus all the money we saved on 50 went directly into the rounds of 4 beers that i picked up in the 2nd half, 4 that carter picked up, and 3 that Martin came back with. Needless to say we had nine beers to post game with on the picnic table.

phonzo
06-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Don't forget the sacrificial goal beers that were lost during the fourth and fifth goal....turn around..cup gone...but who cares...

fucking montrealers only pouring 3/4s into those cups!

SmokedPanda
06-22-2009, 09:52 AM
it was amazing! i love the sight of raining beer!

uncle p
06-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Don't forget the sacrificial goal beers that were lost during the fourth and fifth goal....turn around..cup gone...but who cares...

Very true, it was impossible to hold onto a beer in the second half. If you didnt toss yours a beer bomb it got knocked out of your hand during one of the MANY goal celebrations!!!

EFFING EPIC!!!

English Rachel
06-22-2009, 10:14 AM

And charging $13 for them!!!!!! What the hell???

zeelaw
06-22-2009, 10:23 AM
After a night of that 50 with the Wednesday Night Booze Crew, I'm glad I learned my lesson and switched to rye on thursday night lol.

Boudge
06-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Best sporting event I have ever witnessed live!!!

Boris
06-22-2009, 10:28 AM
all im going to say is amazing time in montreal.
from the pre game to the game to post game and everything in between.

Many life long memories were truly made....
cheers to everyone who was there with me

BFin
06-22-2009, 10:53 AM

Or a drunk man with a white afro who keeps jumping on top of them!!!

Wait...thsoe beers were 13 bucks?
Thats what I get for purchasing and not checking my change lol.

phonzo
06-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Or a drunk man with a white afro who keeps jumping on top of them!!!

Wait...thsoe beers were 13 bucks?
Thats what I get for purchasing and not checking my change lol.

white fro'd douche imo...

LOL...I did the same thing..but I also blame the eye candy while buying beer..even if it wore blue :(

zeelaw
06-22-2009, 10:57 AM
eh bfin you guys get that note we left early on friday

leroy
06-22-2009, 11:08 AM
what a weekend! got back late sunday afternoon and slept for about 12 hours. wouldnt' have missed that game for the world.

with each goal, everyone would get louder and louder as we got close to #5, and Guevara's goal to seal the win was complete bliss.

say what we will about the limp-act, but damn, MTL is a fun city. I really hope they get into the MLS soon. They could easily replace KKKolumbus as the MUST-DO road trip of the season.

Nomad
06-22-2009, 11:12 AM
They could easily replace KKKolumbus as the MUST-DO road trip of the season.

Columbus has never been the must do. I'd give that distinction to Chicago anyday.

Had a great time in Montréal as usual. Stayed til Sunday and am glad for it. Match was completely epic!

Yohan
06-22-2009, 11:12 AM
LOL...I did the same thing..but I also blame the eye candy while buying beer..even if it wore blue :(
holy shit she was smoking hot

BFin
06-22-2009, 11:50 AM
eh bfin you guys get that note we left early on friday
Sure did buddy!
I awoke stumbling and found it!
How you guys made it out of bed, I have no idea.

Bobo
06-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Best 90 minutes of my life!

zeelaw
06-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Sure did buddy!
I awoke stumbling and found it!
How you guys made it out of bed, I have no idea.
I didn't drink any of the 50 thursday night. Bless the inventor of canadian whisky!