PDA

View Full Version : celebration parade in the streets?

NateDoGG
06-18-2009, 09:22 PM
when and where !!!!!!????

andyc
06-18-2009, 09:25 PM
From Twitter:

Paulbeirne (https://twitter.com/Paulbeirne)@mayormiller (https://twitter.com/mayormiller) let's have a parade!4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/Paulbeirne/status/2231974349) from Tweetie (http://www.atebits.com/) in reply to mayormiller (https://twitter.com/mayormiller/status/2231624918)

NateDoGG
06-18-2009, 09:27 PM
lol at PB
WE NEED ONE THO!

TicTacTabarnack
06-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Down King St West

Keyman
06-18-2009, 09:46 PM
We beat two USL teams, this does not deserve a parade. We will celebrate when we win a meaningful trophy. Not saying that tonight isn't meaningful, just, we really haven't won anything.

Sonny Cheeba
06-18-2009, 09:48 PM
We beat two USL teams, this does not deserve a parade. We will celebrate when we win a meaningful trophy. Not saying that tonight isn't meaningful, just, we really have won anything.

yup. i'm happy, but really.... we won something we SHOULD win anyway.

rocker
06-18-2009, 09:48 PM
We beat two USL teams, this does not deserve a parade. We will celebrate when we win a meaningful trophy. Not saying that tonight isn't meaningful, just, we really have won anything.

party pooper!

TicTacTabarnack
06-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Unofficial parade down king st west then ... The official one will be when we win the MLS Cup!

Azerban
06-18-2009, 09:54 PM

HAY

FUCK YOU

Keyman
06-18-2009, 09:59 PM
HAY

FUCK YOU

Don't be hatin'

Just my personal opinion.

We haven't even made the group stage.

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Today is a very important day! Our very first hardware in the history of the club, the most users ever online! Can we just be happy and celebrate our success!?!?

greatwhitenorf
06-18-2009, 10:02 PM
At first glance, you think, yeah, Montreal lay down like sick dogs in the gutter in this one. But to lose 6-1 at home? To Toronto? No Montreal team wants that.

For once, our talent shone through. As it has been through most of this tournament. Just haven't been getting the goals. Tonight is a night to celebrate.

I'm happy. Just not hold-a-parade happy. We only did what we were supposed to do. I'll raise a toast, though, to DeRo's hatrick, Guevara's brace and Chad Fcukin' Barrett's most timely goal. Here's hoping it opens the doors for him.

TFC Cityboy
06-18-2009, 10:03 PM
it'd be a wierd parade when the majority of Torontonians have no clue what it is for....let's wait til November !!

Keyman
06-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Today is a very important day! Our very first hardware in the history of the club, the most users ever online! Can we just be happy and celebrate our success!?!?

Yes, but look at it this way. Toronto FC just lost its virginity, but it was to a hideous girl. Celebratory pat on the back and pints? Yes, but nothing else.

Once we fuck a 25 year old swim suit model, otherwise known as the Champions League, then we can flood the streets and paint Toronto red. That, is when we speak of a parade.

crozack
06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I'll buy a extra beer at the next TFC game to celebrate......cheers to the boys in red
USL or not......Barrett scored!

NateDoGG
06-18-2009, 10:13 PM
DERO is an instant TFC legend now

Rampage
06-18-2009, 10:16 PM
We beat two USL teams, this does not deserve a parade. We will celebrate when we win a meaningful trophy. Not saying that tonight isn't meaningful, just, we really haven't won anything.

The truth.

Sonny Cheeba
06-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes, but look at it this way. Toronto FC just lost its virginity, but it was to a hideous girl. Celebratory pat on the back and pints? Yes, but nothing else.

Once we fuck a 25 year old swim suit model, otherwise known as the Champions League, then we can flood the streets and paint Toronto red. That, is when we speak of a parade.

no no... we got our handjob tonight... a championship where you only have to beat two other teams is like making out then touching boob.

now we got pulled by a lady.

MLS Cup and significant progress in the CL are what we are looking for.... PENETRATION

s2cazz
06-18-2009, 10:22 PM
I want a parade..... I want to see Dero Hold the Voyageurs cup up in the air from the top of a double decker bus and I want to see red smoke everywhere!!!!!!!
anQuGCQEOSk
and don't forget the :flare:

Keyman
06-18-2009, 10:26 PM
no no... we got our handjob tonight... a championship where you only have to beat two other teams is like making out then touching boob.

now we got pulled by a lady.

MLS Cup and significant progress in the CL are what we are looking for.... PENETRATION

See I was thinking handjob, but that's a little less dramatic than tonight. I think it's more, the girl offered us a handjob once last year, and we couldn't get it up, then offered us another one this year, and we, out of excitement, kicked her in the face and knocked her out cold. Then, tonight, we went hang gliding with her over Vancouver and finally got our hand job, jizzing all over Vancity.

Sonny Cheeba
06-18-2009, 10:29 PM
See I was thinking handjob, but that's a little less dramatic than tonight. I think it's more, the girl offered us a handjob once last year, and we couldn't get it up, then offered us another one this year, and we, out of excitement, kicked her in the face and knocked her out cold. Then, tonight, we went hang gliding with her over Vancouver and finally got our hand job, jizzing all over Vancity.

yes exactly and the CL is her offering us her hole, we just need to make sure we don't stick it between her leg and her flaps.

Dirk Diggler
06-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Yes ... lets not go overboard here. If we start planning parade routes for Voyageurs Cup than what are we going to do for stuff that actually means something (MLS Cup, Champions League or heck even the Supporters Shield). It will just cheapen our future accomplishments.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Fuck that Im in favor of a parade and I think its AWESOME that both Paul AND the Mayor are eve considering it. Much appreciated Gentlemen.
Christ people cry that MLSE and the City dont do enough for TFC/Supporters and then they bash this.

Canadian Blue
06-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Parade??? now you're having a laugh.....you lot wanted to string the team up by the balls a week ago.....

Ossington Mental Youth
06-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Not me, i wanted changes in FO and i was disappointed but ive never pointed a finger at the team (cept the odd player like Buddle)
Actually to be clear i wanted some changes to the FO, not know what because obviously after that loss in van and the two following something is/was broken. Also im not saying a parade is the best idea but i dont think it should be bashed, especially when people cry about the city and mlse not doing enough for TFC

Kevvv
06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Fuck that Im in favor of a parade and I think its AWESOME that both Paul AND the Mayor are eve considering it. Much appreciated Gentlemen.
Christ people cry that MLSE and the City dont do enough for TFC/Supporters and then they bash this.

A joke on twitter is 'considering it'?

Parade??? now you're having a laugh.....you lot wanted to string the team up by the balls a week ago.....

You're not really surprised, right?

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 10:52 PM

Let's not categorize here.

Keyman
06-18-2009, 10:54 PM

Everyone is suffering from euphoric amnesia at the moment, I think. I hope that we continue to stay critical of the FO and the team, because we have a long way to go before we actually accomplish something that we should not have in the first place.

TorontoBlades
06-18-2009, 10:56 PM
it'd be a wierd parade when the majority of Torontonians have no clue what it is for....let's wait til November !!

you musn't have supported from year 1, since when do we give a fuck what the rest of Toronto thinks

Sonny Cheeba
06-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Everyone is suffering from euphoric amnesia at the moment, I think. I hope that we continue to stay critical of the FO and the team, because we have a long way to go before we actually accomplish something that we should not have in the first place.

only a handful of people on here right now will have a proper discussion of statements like this... maybe on sunday we'll be able to talk about the shit the FO does/does not.

Dirk Diggler
06-18-2009, 10:58 PM

Completely agree ... although I'm enjoying this opportunity finally given to us TFC supporters to be proud of the team ... but yeah, a parade is indeed too much even in this moment of immense elation.

s2cazz
06-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Yes ... lets not go overboard here. If we start planning parade routes for Voyageurs Cup than what are we going to do for stuff that actually means something (MLS Cup, Champions League or heck even the Supporters Shield). It will just cheapen our future accomplishments.
No it will mark the moment in history of our FIRST REAL ACCOMPLISHMENT... it may be fingering a fat chick at the back of the Home Ec room but its still our first time and the moment should always be remembered

Sonny Cheeba
06-18-2009, 11:02 PM
seriously. if we had a parade for this it would be a fuckin joke. fist accomplishment or not.

imagine if Columbus had a parade for the supporters shield or the trillium cup... we'd fuckin rip them. and with reason.

this is just a gold star when we need a degree.

Keyman
06-18-2009, 11:03 PM
No it will mark the moment in history of our FIRST REAL ACCOMPLISHMENT... it may be fingering a fat chick at the back of the Home Ec room but its still our first time and the moment should always be remembered

I never said don't remember today, I will remember this game for years to come.

Anyway, Sonny I agree, too much for right now...I'm out.

s2cazz
06-18-2009, 11:05 PM
so the Voyageurs cup is worthless then?....definately not an accomplishment?... oh and its OK to be happy but not too happy....

BTW if Columbus had a parade we would have made fun of them because there would be more people in the parade than watching it....

Sonny Cheeba
06-18-2009, 11:06 PM
so the Voyageurs cup is worthless then?....definately not an accomplishment?... oh and its OK to be happy but not too happy....

BTW if Columbus had a parade we would have made fun of them because there would be more people in the parade than watching it....

nobody is saying that this is worthless or not an accomplishment. where did we say that?

it's just not worthy of a parade.

s2cazz
06-18-2009, 11:08 PM
man even when we do something good theres Negativity.... way to piss on my good mood guys... first time we have something to really be proud

edit: you just took a Sapoopoo on my parade...

Sonny Cheeba
06-18-2009, 11:11 PM
i'm in a great mood... i'm not pissing on anything. i just like reality to be around when we need it.

parade is just too much. i should leave now... sorry i upset you. i'm drinking celebratory brandy right now....
don't let me bother you. but really..... parade? no thanks.

NateDoGG
06-18-2009, 11:31 PM
man even when we do something good theres Negativity.... way to piss on my good mood guys... first time we have something to really be proud

edit: you just took a Sapoopoo on my parade...

ppl dont understand, this was a big deal........... 5 un answered goals to win the cup

u couldnt write a better story.

s2cazz
06-18-2009, 11:33 PM
I do not live in Toronto
I do not live in the GTA
I am a 75 Mile Bastard and if there is a parade I will be there...
and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would and I am pretty sure I am not the only one who thinks that a clubs first Trophy is a HUGE deal (unless its the trillium cup...because thats just retarded)

Lennon
06-18-2009, 11:35 PM
I do not live in Toronto
I do not live in the GTA
I am a 75 Mile Bastard and if there is a parade I will be there...
and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would and I am pretty sure I am not the only one who thinks that a clubs first Trophy is a HUGE deal (unless its the trillium cup...because thats just retarded)

LOL agreed ... trillium cup ... pff .. that should just deline that

Sonny Cheeba
06-18-2009, 11:36 PM
ppl dont understand, this was a big deal........... 5 un answered goals to win the cup

u couldnt write a better story.

ok i thougth i could let this go. but you're saying i don't understand what an important game this is????

you're crazy bud.

of course i understand the importance and significance of this game. but i also didn't forget what happened in Vancouver and the fact that we SHOULD walk through this competition every year. the fact that Montreal went through last year still bothers me.

a parade for a win that we should win is like celebrating somebody coming to a full stop at a stop sign.

yes celebrate this win. i'm happy as fuck, but i'm also realistic. a parade? really? NO.

s2cazz
06-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Yes yes yes
San Diego is German for a "Whale's Vagina"
Lets agree to disagree... when in Rome....

Technorgasm
06-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Meetdrink. Sing onastreet. Where is the isue?
Eat it

Sonny Cheeba
06-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Gays. Gays. Gays. All of you are gays.

Let's bring it

Second only to darters homer

Silverware

i can't figure out if i should laugh or be offended

i laugh....

batty.

TFCREDNWHITE
06-19-2009, 12:22 AM
the official Trophy Presentation at the next home game!!!!

They better hoist it in front of all 21,000 of us!!!!

Cashcleaner
06-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Toronto just accomplised it's greatest ever victory. A 6-1 win over Montreal. At home. Coming back from a deficet. TO WIN THE NATIONAL FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP.

Parade? I'm fucking in.

s2cazz
06-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Toronto just accomplised it's greatest ever victory. A 6-1 win over Montreal. At home. Coming back from a deficet. TO WIN THE NATIONAL FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP.

Parade? I'm fucking in.
for a minute i was starting to think I was the only one ...
red smoke and streamers and :flare:in a public place outside BMO where everyone can go and enjoy and not have to worry about getting tickets

Lennon
06-19-2009, 12:43 AM
for a minute i was starting to think I was the only one ...
red smoke and streamers and :flare:in a public place outside BMO where everyone can go and enjoy and not have to worry about getting tickets

That's a great idea! Put out the messege Jack!

Ossington Mental Youth
06-19-2009, 01:24 AM
A joke on twitter is 'considering it'?

sorta realized that 20 mins later, especially as there wouldnt be giant crowds welcoming them OR a way for city council to pay for this.
Im still overwhelmed by the win (yeah, yeah, thats my excuse)

Oblio2
06-19-2009, 07:10 AM
The win was fantastic.....but a parade after winning a 3 team Tourney is a little lame, IMHO.
Wait till we win something big.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-19-2009, 07:23 AM
PArade....settle down tigers! ;)

One step at a time.....

Roogsy
06-19-2009, 10:53 AM

OMG! :lol:

This made me laugh so hard I am getting looks...

Darlofletch
06-19-2009, 11:11 AM
seriously. if we had a parade for this it would be a fuckin joke. fist accomplishment or not.

imagine if Columbus had a parade for the supporters shield or the trillium cup... we'd fuckin rip them. and with reason.

this is just a gold star when we need a degree.

Trillium cup, absolutely, worthless piece of crap.
but the supporters shield? You don't think winning the league is an acheivement worth celebrating? Coming out on top after 30 games? I'd personally be prouder of that than if we just sneaked into the playoffs and then won some one off games at thwe right time and won the MLS cup.

scooter
06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
compromise:

we should march to the stadium from lamport on wednesday night in celebration of our first piece of hardware and let all the players know that its in their honor cause we called them out and man did they come to the party