PDA

View Full Version : Wynne should be back for NYR

Pachuco
06-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Well, U.S has been eliminated from the Confederations cup (Even though Italy got ruined by Egypt). This means Wynne will be back before wednesday's game. U.S plays again on Sunday but Wynne hasn't got any playing time yet so hopefully he won't be tired when he arrives.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/FIFAconfederationscup/News/story/2009/06/18/sp-confedcup-egy-ita.html

bhoybobby
06-18-2009, 04:54 PM
That's not a good thing, he's overrated

rocker
06-18-2009, 05:57 PM
US isn't officially eliminated yet, although the chances of moving on are very very low.

TorontoBlades
06-18-2009, 06:12 PM
The yanks will get scalped by the Pharoahs. Go Egypt - resistance is futile.

but seriously, did the US ever look like a lost team today against Brazil...

rocker
06-18-2009, 06:50 PM
yup. people are calling for Bradley's head now....where's Klinnsman....

TheRenter
06-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Well, U.S has been eliminated from the Confederations cup (Even though Italy got ruined by Egypt). This means Wynne will be back before wednesday's game. U.S plays again on Sunday but Wynne hasn't got any playing time yet so hopefully he won't be tired when he arrives.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/FIFAconfederationscup/News/story/2009/06/18/sp-confedcup-egy-ita.html

rrrrrrright!

Pachuco
06-18-2009, 07:01 PM
US isn't officially eliminated yet, although the chances of moving on are very very low.

According to CBC they are eliminated, but when I look at the points, technically they can still end up with 3 points as well as Italy and Egypt.

Not sure what the tie-breaker is, maybe it has something to do with that.

The U.S. (0-0-2) was eliminated from semifinal contention when it lost 3-0 to the Brazilians earlier in the day.

Pachuco
06-21-2009, 03:31 PM
UNBELIEAVABLE - CBC had written off the U.S. They are somehow through to the next round, Wynne I guess is staying in South Africa.

FluSH
06-21-2009, 03:32 PM
^
It's the U.S. vs Spain now...

What a day!!!

rocker
06-21-2009, 03:32 PM
UNBELIEAVABLE - CBC had written off the U.S. They are somehow through to the next round, Wynne I guess is staying in South Africa.

see, miracles happen... TFC and USA... don't jump the gun ;)

sampace
06-21-2009, 03:34 PM
U.S. advances on goals for, 4 vs. Italy's 3. They are tied on goal differential both at -2. Had the U.S. only won by 2 goals then Italy would have gone through, or if Italy had managed to score 1 goal against Brazil they would have gone through! I thought Egypt had a chance, looks like they suffer from what Canada does...get up for the tough teams (Italy and Brazil), and play down for the weaker teams like the U.S. We always get up against tought teams in Canada but cannot consistently beat our equals in CONCACAF.

TFCRegina
06-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Although Wynne possesses great speed, he can't cross worth shit. But let's keep in mind he's not a bad defender, and it'll be an asset to have him back for that reason alone.

FluSH
06-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I'll be routing for the U.S. to beat Spain... that's right... down with the Spanish Armada!

Kevin
06-21-2009, 03:49 PM
http://www.reconbrothers.com/forum/Smileys/classic/whoo[1].gif http://www.reconbrothers.com/forum/Smileys/classic/EmoticonIwoJima.gif

BC101
06-21-2009, 03:50 PM
I'll be routing for the U.S. to beat Spain... that's right... down with the Spanish Armada!
nah B Nah... I cant openly hope that landycakes gets any glory sorry.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-21-2009, 04:01 PM

wanna re check that :rolleyes:

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-21-2009, 04:03 PM

and CBC knows dick all about footie...maybe next time the should be silent on the subject

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-21-2009, 04:04 PM
The yanks will get scalped by the Pharoahs. Go Egypt - resistance is futile.

but seriously, did the US ever look like a lost team today against Brazil...

good call:rolleyes:

Pachuco
06-21-2009, 04:12 PM
wanna re check that :rolleyes:

I was rechecking what CBC reported. I even put a link to the article that said they were officially eliminated. Thanks, come again.

tfcgk
06-21-2009, 04:21 PM
http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/matches/round=250116/match=66206/summary.html

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I was rechecking what CBC reported. I even put a link to the article that said they were officially eliminated. Thanks, come again.

touchy....:rolleyes:

Dirk Diggler
06-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Its good to see CONCACAF thrashing the CAF ... prove all the North America haters in Europe and South America that this confederation isn't a joke.

However, it is terribly sad that they have to face Spain. Can't say they don't have a chance ... after all Spain just bagged on against Iraq ... but it will be hard to knock out the best team in the world in the semi. There is no way the Spanish team will sit back.

Shway
06-21-2009, 05:15 PM
are wing backs are doing just fine without him

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Its good to see CONCACAF thrashing the CAF ... prove all the North America haters in Europe and South America that this confederation isn't a joke.

However, it is terribly sad that they have to face Spain. Can't say they don't have a chance ... after all Spain just bagged on against Iraq ... but it will be hard to knock out the best team in the world in the semi. There is no way the Spanish team will sit back.

Egypt are not world beaters, or a major power. they did give Brazil a tough match and Italy a shock, byt often happens in tournaments.
USA on the other had are only there because concacaf is so weak
at the moment....You have them, Mexico , Costa rica as the only real
powers with the rest..mediocre pish. Spain the best tem in the world?
after Brazils brilliant display today...i would say the Brazilians are by a mile./

menefreghista
06-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Wynne will also miss the June 27th match against Real Salt Lake.

ajretz
06-22-2009, 09:05 PM
I hope he makes the right choice for the Gold Cup like DeRo is doing.

TFC07
06-22-2009, 09:16 PM
How many games has Wynne miss so far in season?

Anyway, Nana is better defender and player in general than Wynne. Only thing Wynne has over Nana is speed. So I don't really care if Wynne returns or not. Nana has earned his spot into starting lineup.

BTW, I hope TFC/MLS can transfer Wynne to an European club and make some money off it ASAP.

VPjr
06-22-2009, 09:30 PM
I hope he makes the right choice for the Gold Cup like DeRo is doing.

In Wynne's case, the right choice is to stay with the US.

He's not a great defender, he's not a midfielder and I really don't like the way he thinks the game.

He's an athlete, not a baller.

I'd much rather see Nana continue getting valuable game time because, frankly, I don't see any drop off in performance other than Nana can't cover up his mistakes with the same blinding speed that Wynne has...Nana copes with that by not making so many glaring errors as Wynne typically makes in a game.

Right now, the most defensively sound back 4 TFC can field is:

Nana - Serioux - Garcia - Brennan

If Serioux is hurt and can't play on Wednesday (he's really suffering from what I hear), then I would play 3-4-3 and just keep nana-garcia-brennan at the back and have Cronin shade into an RB role as the situation requires.

VPjr
06-22-2009, 09:33 PM
BTW, I hope TFC/MLS can transfer Wynne to an European club and make some money off it ASAP.

We agree that Nana > Wynne, especially for the future.

Don't expect anyone to be lining up to pay a transfer for Wynne. Now that people have seen enough of him, it's clear he's not that valuable. if he ends up in Europe one day, it will likely be in Scandanavia and those clubs will wait for him to leave on a free, like Parkhurst

the next TFC player to net the team a significant transfer will be Frei....count on it. Might be as soon as the end of this season.

denime
06-22-2009, 09:35 PM
If win wants to go with US team to WC 2010,he can not say NO to US coach.He must use every opportunity to be with USNT if he want to be in SA next summer.
And lets face it,to play at WC is every soccer player dream come true.I can't blame him if he decides to play at Gold Cup.

ensco
06-23-2009, 06:47 AM
the next TFC player to net the team a significant transfer will be Frei....count on it. Might be as soon as the end of this season.

Let's see a callup for the Swiss MNT, even as a backup. That would be evidence of this.

Edu was starting, for a team ranked much higher than the Swiss, when we sold him.

GKs aren't the same anyway, in terms of transfer value. Frei is a fantastic prospect, but not even worth $1 million right now.

Fort York Redcoat
06-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Frei was born in Switzerland but has dual citizenship with the US, right ensco (or anyone)?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-23-2009, 07:32 AM
not for nothing but Frei signed a 3 year contract with the MLS, i cant see him leaving as soon as this year but i wouldnt be surprised if it was next year or definitely his 3rd

TFC247
06-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Let's see a callup for the Swiss MNT, even as a backup. That would be evidence of this.

Edu was starting, for a team ranked much higher than the Swiss, when we sold him.

GKs aren't the same anyway, in terms of transfer value. Frei is a fantastic prospect, but not even worth $1 million right now.

Well, wasn't Guzan nearly sold for around $4M before the whole thing fell through because he couldn't get a work permit?

I'm not saying Frei is same value as Guzan right now, but who knows in 2-3 years? I remember watching Guzan in his first year when he was a number one pick, he played horrible. On yeah, it didn't help that CUSA was horrendous that time, but he was letting in goals left and right and got benched for awhile. Credit to him for bouncing back but when comparing their first year, Frei is far and away ahead of him already. It just depends on if Frei can continue to develop, and like you said, getting called into a national team would be very important.

nascarguy
06-23-2009, 08:24 AM
sorry but i got to go for spain or usa I got to support torres.

FluSH
06-24-2009, 03:33 PM

You heard it here first....

Man Why didn't I bet on this game... please don't tell me what the odds were...