PDA

View Full Version : No Gerba tonight?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-18-2009, 06:51 AM
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2009/06/18/9834696-sun.html
that sun article sorta suggests that a) Gerba wont be playing for us Tonight and b) that he might not be playing in the MLS until next month

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Lame.

Kaz
06-18-2009, 07:12 AM
the article isn't based on any real info, from what people here have said is that the Transfer Window doesn't mean anything with Gerba as he's not with a club right now. Unless people here were wrong about that... but in that case Mo shouldn't have said anything about signing a striker in the next 24 hours on Monday

Wagner
06-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Maybe Gerba has to wait for MLS paper work.
But tonight's game isn't an MLS game...
why can't he play???
would the CSA block it??

Shaughno
06-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Maybe Gerba has to wait for MLS paper work.
But tonight's game isn't an MLS game...
why can't he play???
would the CSA block it??

He's not on our official roster so he would be an illegal player regardless of the competition.

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Good work Mo!

I bet they will use the excuse if the start losing league games, that they aren't playing with a full roster, and hard to rotate players when there isn't anyone on the bench.....errrrr.......who's fault is this.

Toronto Gunner
06-18-2009, 07:46 AM
The roster had to be submitted on Tuesday - so no Gerba.

The Kingpin
06-18-2009, 07:52 AM
So wait, they are "releasing" players prior to a huge match where they need all hands on deck? And I thought Newcastle was the worst run club in football!! This takes the cake! I'm frustrated from here, I can't imagine how it feels to let someone piss right on your front porch...

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 07:57 AM
So wait, they are "releasing" players prior to a huge match where they need all hands on deck? And I thought Newcastle was the worst run club in football!! This takes the cake! I'm frustrated from here, I can't imagine how it feels to let someone piss right on your front porch...

I am very frustrated now!!! This is bush league how they handled this. If Gerba isn't in the lineup tonight, we'll know its another bad mistake the FO has made.

I have never really been critical of the FO or any moves been made, as I always figured they did all their due diligence, but now I am second guessing myself.

Good Luck tonight TFC, you'll need it!!!

Shaughno
06-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Wait, you mean you guys are surprised? This is why I've been laughing at everyone since they said Mo was going to announce it Tuesday. Since when has the MLS done anything for us in under a week? Any deadline we've had when submitting information and documents for players has been held up due to the MLS questioning or just straight up taking their slow ass time approving shit.

Nothing new, I'll be surprised if he's in the lineup against the RB next week.

Stencils
06-18-2009, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny that they'd be releasing Smith and Ricketts just prior to tonight's match if they weren't POSITIVE they'd have new signings on the bench.

Well, that's confidence in our chances from the FO for you.

Shaughno
06-18-2009, 08:04 AM
^^ Problem being, the league probably would have rejected it had we not made space (cap and/or roster spot) as required to fit the player.

I really don't think FO had any other way about it. The MLS isn't going to approve a signing if you don't have the cap space or roster space to fit the player first... unless you're LA.

JonO
06-18-2009, 08:05 AM
No offence to Smith, but if we need goals going late into the game I don't see him making it onto the pitch. Ricketts on the other hand maybe... but still given how he was used... highly unlikely...

arbogast
06-18-2009, 08:05 AM
So in another thread there was a report that it was an out clause the league had a problem with. Frankly he can f$%k himslef if he wants an out clause, with a guaranteed contract. If he wants out, a transfer fee should be arranged.\ to ocmpensate us.

Shaughno
06-18-2009, 08:09 AM
So in another thread there was a report that it was an out clause the league had a problem with. Frankly he can f$%k himslef if he wants an out clause, with a guaranteed contract. If he wants out, a transfer fee should be arranged.\ to ocmpensate us.

This isn't the first time we've tried to sign him, so Mo knew what he was looking for even if Ali didn't have as much leverage as he did at that point in time. Mo wanted it done and it seems he did everything he had to in order to make sure there was no hangup's on his end. The 'out' clause IMO from Ali's perspective is smart. What happens if you're playing for TFC and a team from Europe starts showing interest... are you going to give that up to stay with TFC? As TFC fans, some might say yes, but career wise, footy careers are short and you need to make your money where you can unfortunately and $250k a year isn't going to pad his retirement fund very much...

SanStarko
06-18-2009, 08:14 AM
^^ Problem being, the league probably would have rejected it had we not made space (cap and/or roster spot) as required to fit the player.

I really don't think FO had any other way about it. The MLS isn't going to approve a signing if you don't have the cap space or roster space to fit the player first... unless you're LA.

Exactly, you can't try and sign a player unless you have the money available. So they had to release Ricketts and Smith first.

Of course, Mo could have decided to wait till after tonights game to try and do the deal. But then everybody would have just bitched because he waited.

No win situation here, and it's more the fault of MLS than Mo or anybody from our end.

Velvet Elvis
06-18-2009, 08:27 AM
What happens if you're playing for TFC and a team from Europe starts showing interest... are you going to give that up to stay with TFC? As TFC fans, some might say yes, but career wise, footy careers are short and you need to make your money where you can unfortunately and $250k a year isn't going to pad his retirement fund very much...

Isn't that what happened to Twellman ... New England wouldn't release him or deal him to Preston North End ???

Shaughno
06-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Isn't that what happened to Twellman ... New England wouldn't release him or deal him to Preston North End ???

MLS, pretty sure New England would have cashed in on it if they could have...

Pachuco
06-18-2009, 08:38 AM
FUCK ME, this has Tyrone Marshall written all over it. That defender that never came, the striker that never came. I said half jockingly that Mo never seals the deal with players we hear about, but I really didn't expect this to happen again. We have absolutely no depth for tonight. ZERO depth.

reggie
06-18-2009, 08:45 AM
they should of bought out barrett and mo.
mo is a joke he makes fergy jr look like a genius.
yr 3 and middle of the season revamping again covering all his mistakes.

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 08:50 AM
FUCK ME, this has Tyrone Marshall written all over it. That defender that never came, the striker that never came. I said half jockingly that Mo never seals the deal with players we hear about, but I really didn't expect this to happen again. We have absolutely no depth for tonight. ZERO depth.

yip. The only thing I am looking forward to tonight, is maybe we'll see White on the bench, if he is ready......else I have ZERO confidence in the bench players we have.

Jack
06-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Guys, did you ever think that maybe the coaches just didn't want Ricketts and Smith around anymore?

brad
06-18-2009, 08:53 AM

We've had zero depth all year, and now we are even worse.

We've had matches were we had two keepers on the subs bench. We've had to sub in a defender (who was handed his MLS debut) when we were chasing a game.

JonO
06-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Depth? What do we need depth for tonight. I'd be willing to wager that if we had to use both Ricketts and Smith tonight there would be ZERO chance of winning by 4 (which is the only thing that counts tonight)

brad
06-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Guys, did you ever think that maybe the coaches just didn't want Ricketts and Smith around anymore?

That's sort of what I was thinking. Smith just wasn't that good. With Ricketts, well, maybe they figured playing someone on the way out the door in a critical match was a bad idea. Maybe Ricketts insisted on going before the Montreal match to slight the team. Who knows.

It is more fun to blame Mo though :)

JonO
06-18-2009, 08:58 AM
We've had zero depth all year, and now we are even worse.

We've had matches were we had two keepers on the subs bench. We've had to sub in a defender (who was handed his MLS debut) when we were chasing a game.
Nobody in the MLS has that kind of depth. Deal with it. For the latter point, weren't three of starting defenders unavailable for that game? It is what it is...

Nuvinho
Ricketts we could of used tonight, Smith he could of helped carry the water.

brad
Depth? What do we need depth for tonight. I'd be willing to wager that if we had to use both Ricketts and Smith tonight there would be ZERO chance of winning by 4 (which is the only thing that counts tonight)

That's true, but say we end up having to sub off some one or more of our attacking players (due to injury, fatigue, or whatever) - do you not think that Ricketts would have been handy in that situation?

brad
06-18-2009, 08:59 AM
Nobody in the MLS has that kind of depth. Deal with it. For the latter point, weren't three of starting defenders unavailable for that game? It is what it is...

Umm, last time I checked, most teams could at least put an attacking player on for an attacking player.

Beach_Red
06-18-2009, 09:03 AM

There's also been speculation that both those guys wanted out.

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 09:03 AM

I think Smith more so than Ricketts.

Cobblers
06-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Umm, last time I checked, most teams could at least put an attacking player on for an attacking player.

Ibby? Barrett? Neither are likely to start so they would be attacking subs. This issue most of you have is quality depth, not depth itself. I'm sorry but this is MLS and very few, if any, teams have quality depth...

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Ibby? Barrett? Neither are likely to start so they would be attacking subs. This issue most of you have is quality depth, not depth itself. I'm sorry but this is MLS and very few, if any, teams have quality depth...

Barrett will start.........I hope I don't see Brennan or Harmse start over Barrett. I know Barrett doesn't hit the back of the onion bag, but he is still an offensive player compared to Harmse and Brennan.

I hope its something like this.

-----------Frei
---Nana--Garcia--Serioux
----------Robbo
----Cronin-----Guevara
----------DeRo
---Vitti---Dichio--Barrett

Jack
06-18-2009, 09:08 AM
It was probably a bit of both, yes.

Pachuco
06-18-2009, 09:14 AM

Agreed, but they were still the best attacking options off the bench (while Ibby is hurt). Fine that they didn't want them around, but that's what we had to work with. Instead, we now have 0 to work with.

I also thought that Ricketts was good he last couple of times out and I thought he would get some playing time today.

trane
06-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Barrett will start.........I hope I don't see Brennan or Harmse start over Barrett. I know Barrett doesn't hit the back of the onion bag, but he is still an offensive player compared to Harmse and Brennan.

I hope its something like this.

-----------Frei
---Nana--Garcia--Serioux
----------Robbo
----Cronin-----Guevara
----------DeRo

Personla is OK by me but;

-------------------Frei-------------------------
-----Nana---------Garcia------------Serioux-----
----------Cronin----Guevara---Robbo---------------
-Vitti----------------Dero-----------------Barrett----
-------------------Dichio-------------------------

3-3-3-1 style.

Shaughno
06-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Serioux would be on the right, Nana on the left. But yeah. ;)

Yohan
06-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Serioux would be on the right, Nana on the left. But yeah. ;)
serioux played left CB on sat's game ;)

Shaughno
06-18-2009, 09:25 AM
serioux played left CB on sat's game ;)

Fair enough, he also played for years at RB. ;)

trane
06-18-2009, 09:30 AM
^ I expected him on the right as well, but Cummins used him on the left, and he probably has more say on were he plays then me, so I went with it.:)

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 09:59 AM
We wouldn't have played Smith anyway. Although we might have brough Ricketts off the bench. So because of 1 player released we have ZERO depth and let's all get mad at Mo. We still have Ibrahim (is he injured?) and as somebody mentioned the possibility of White maybe being on the bench tonight. That's what we've got on the bench as far as offense goes. No, it isn't perfect but I'm not going to get mad at Mo about it.

rocker
06-18-2009, 10:03 AM
We wouldn't have played Smith anyway. Although we might have brough Ricketts off the bench. So because of 1 player released we have ZERO depth and let's all get mad at Mo. We still have Ibrahim (is he injured?) and as somebody mentioned the possibility of White maybe being on the bench tonight. That's what we've got on the bench as far as offense goes. No, it isn't perfect but I'm not going to get mad at Mo about it.

What about Gala? that guy's probably itching for a chance.... and it's the Canadian Championship for a Canadian.

Phil
06-18-2009, 10:04 AM
I would rather have Gerba ready for our next MLS game vs this one. From the looks of things, this was the only way in insuring that. If the guys pull it off tonight, they have to do it themselves. Being realistic we know the probable outcome but there is always hope. :D

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 10:21 AM
What about Gala? that guy's probably itching for a chance.... and it's the Canadian Championship for a Canadian.

True, I forgot about Gala!

rocker
06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
is Gerba even fit to play? His last game with MK Dons was over a month ago.
i kinda assumed if he played at all in Montreal it would be as a sub late to get some minutes.

Darlofletch
06-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Agreed, but they were still the best attacking options off the bench (while Ibby is hurt). Fine that they didn't want them around, but that's what we had to work with. Instead, we now have 0 to work with.

I also thought that Ricketts was good he last couple of times out and I thought he would get some playing time today.

agree with both points, Ricketts had done alright last two games and might have been useful tonight.

Instead it's either Harmse in the starting line up and Barrett from the bench of vice versa. Maybe Ibbe if he's fit.

I have no idea how all this works, so maybe we had no choice in the matter, but it certainly doesn't look like Mo knows what he's doing.

Luanda
06-18-2009, 10:40 AM
You have Velez and the Gambian kids as backups on D.
Then would have Harmse, Brennan, and Gala as backups up the middle to free others (De Ro and Guevera) further upfield. Possibly Ibby as a late replacement upfield. Where is the bench problem?

Personla is OK by me but;

-------------------Frei-------------------------
-----Nana---------Garcia------------Serioux-----
----------Cronin----Guevara---Robbo---------------
-Vitti----------------Dero-----------------Barrett----
-------------------Dichio-------------------------

3-3-3-1 style.

rocker
06-18-2009, 10:51 AM
agree with both points, Ricketts had done alright last two games and might have been useful tonight.

Instead it's either Harmse in the starting line up and Barrett from the bench of vice versa. .

not sure why you use the word "instead".
Were you assuming Ricketts would start?
Cuz Harmse has always been used as an option ahead of Ricketts this season, so it was highly likely Harmse would have started tonight with Ricketts only as a late game sub.

Pachuco
06-18-2009, 10:58 AM
You have Velez and the Gambian kids as backups on D.
Then would have Harmse, Brennan, and Gala as backups up the middle to free others (De Ro and Guevera) further upfield. Possibly Ibby as a late replacement upfield. Where is the bench problem?

Where is the bench problem?

We have 1 attacking option off the bench and that's Harmse (unless Ibby is back but I haven't read that anywhere)

So let's say we are winning 2-0 and we need two goals desperately. Dero goes down with hammy injury or barrett gets tired as usual or Dichio has no legs left. Who do you bring as an "attacking" option? Harmse?

We have absolutely no one to bring on that is an attacking option and you are asking where the bench problem is?

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 10:59 AM
^Ibby is back, but we still have no bench.

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Ibby, Gala, Harmse and the possibility of White.

Pachuco
06-18-2009, 11:01 AM
^Ibby is back, but we still have no bench.

Well that atleast is some good news. Without him back we'd be bringing on Velez as our start striker to win the game for us :)

Pachuco
06-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Ibby, Gala, Harmse and the possibility of White.

Gala hasn't played 1 minute this year. White is still a couple of weeks away based on an article I read yesterday in the news section.

So that leaves us with Harmse and Ibby as replacement midfielders and forwards. Oh how I wish Ricketts was still on this team right about now.

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Gala hasn't played 1 minute this year. White is still a couple of weeks away based on an article I read yesterday in the news section.

So that leaves us with Harmse and Ibby as replacement midfielders and forwards. Oh how I wish Ricketts was still on this team right about now.

When we just released 2 offensive players why not use Gala as a bench player? We have him on our roster for a reason.

So make that Harmse, Ibby and Gala. I think it's enough.

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Gala - crap since even the Gambian kid got more playing time
Harmse - semi-crap
Velez - S on a stick
Ibby - decent, but still not going to score. He has 2 goals in his career?
White - when healthy is a game-breaker (from his NCAA days)....but right now he is a question mark.

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 11:13 AM
When we just released 2 offensive players why not use Gala as a bench player? We have him on our roster for a reason.

Combined goal scored - 3 goals.

If I need goals those 3 players I wouldn't think of calling on. Ibbe, maybe, but not so much.

arbogast
06-18-2009, 11:16 AM
This isn't the first time we've tried to sign him, so Mo knew what he was looking for even if Ali didn't have as much leverage as he did at that point in time. Mo wanted it done and it seems he did everything he had to in order to make sure there was no hangup's on his end. The 'out' clause IMO from Ali's perspective is smart. What happens if you're playing for TFC and a team from Europe starts showing interest... are you going to give that up to stay with TFC? As TFC fans, some might say yes, but career wise, footy careers are short and you need to make your money where you can unfortunately and $250k a year isn't going to pad his retirement fund very much...

Yeah it happens all the time in football. some other team comes sniffing around a player who is under contract and if the player wants to go because the other team is offering more favourable terms, then to break the deal needs to arrange a transfer fee. besides, the club is taking on risk and limiting it's ability to make roster and cap adjustments by giving him a guaranteed contract, in return he should be giving something up i.e. his out clause. if he want's one, he shoudl accept a non-guaranteed deal.

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Gala - crap since even the Gambian kid got more playing time
Harmse - semi-crap
Velez - S on a stick
Ibby - decent, but still not going to score. He has 2 goals in his career?
White - when healthy is a game-breaker (from his NCAA days)....but right now he is a question mark.

Gala - Well considering how poorly we're doing right now I don't really care how Cummins distributes minutes because it obviously hasn't been working for us.

Harmse - Semi-crap, but good enough as a bench player

Ibby - Well I'm sure if he got the playing time that Vitti and Barrett have gotten he would've scored more than them. Unfortunately Mo and Cummins are so stingy they'd rather see our team do poorly than let Ibby play and give up a 1st round pick to Dallas instead of a 2nd.

White - Look at quote below. Earlier you seemed to have thought he might make the bench.

yip. The only thing I am looking forward to tonight, is maybe we'll see White on the bench, if he is ready......else I have ZERO confidence in the bench players we have.

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Combined goal scored - 3 goals.

If I need goals those 3 players I wouldn't think of calling on. Ibbe, maybe, but not so much.

Your point being? Vitti and Barrett have a combined goal tally of 2. That's with a combined number of games of 27. Now if we gave Ibbe and Gala that much playing time I'm sure we would've seen more than 2 goals.

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 11:31 AM
White may make the bench since we don't have enough players. I don't think they are going to risk him, especially if the weather and the ground is bad.

Gala's work ethic has been rumoured to be in question.

Ibbe is fine, but is not a good crosser of the ball. If he was subbed in, he'd be coming on for either Vitti or Barrett who are playing the wings.

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 11:32 AM
the starting 11 will be playing the full 90 minutes, with a bench like that.

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 11:33 AM
I don't think it's going to be that much of an issue. I mean if Montreal will be missing Mauro Biello, Adam Braz, Cédric Joqueviel, Patrick Leduc, Pa Amadou Gai, Eduardo Sebrango, Zanzan and Nevio Pizzolitto us missing Ricketts and Wynne isn't even comparable.

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 11:34 AM
the starting 11 will be playing the full 90 minutes, with a bench like that.

Our bench won't be THAT different from our usual bench lol.

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 11:35 AM
sorry for those who were expecting this to be a Gerba thread.......we (I) have made it into more.

I think something has to go against Montreal tonight for us to put 4 in.......an early red card and PK on the same play ;)

Kaz
06-18-2009, 11:37 AM
white isn't going to play tonight he's only had one practice and it was a don't hit me practice. I'd be surprised to see him get field time before San Jose

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 11:39 AM
soooooooo..........Garber? where is Gerba? tweet something MLS Don.

rocker
06-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Adam Braz.

Adam Braz won't be playing? damn... there goes a few easy goals!
was hoping for a penalty when he pulls down Vitti. ;)

Pigfynn
06-18-2009, 12:25 PM
^^Ya well if BRaz is the starter imagine the backup!

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Look, they have like half of their starters missing and they're calling up players from the CSL for the game. I doubt us releasing Ricketts has the same effect on us that all of the missing players has on Montreal.

Pachuco
06-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Look, they have like half of their starters missing and they're calling up players from the CSL for the game. I doubt us releasing Ricketts has the same effect on us that all of the missing players has on Montreal.

You are completely missing the point. So what happens on wednesday next week when we once again, have no replacements for the guys who were coming first off the bench and the guys who were our only attacking options off the bench?

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 12:49 PM
You are completely missing the point. So what happens on wednesday next week when we once again, have no replacements for the guys who were coming first off the bench and the guys who were our only attacking options off the bench?

You are completely correct in saying that it will be a different situation after Montreal. However we never used Smith and we might be able to sign Gerba by then. Then our depth would be back to normal, keep the faith.

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 12:53 PM
I will be content when we have a full 24 man roster. We are one of only 2 teams (another team has 23 players) who are below the roster limit.

Pookie
06-18-2009, 12:58 PM
From Sportsnet (3 hours ago):

Montreal native Ali Gerba trained with the Reds for the first time Wednesday since the striker's rights were acquired last week in a deal that also brought veteran defender Nick Garcia to Toronto.

Gerba didn't have his contract renewed by English side MK Dons and some paperwork would need to be filed for him to be allowed to play with Toronto.

Cummins was evasive about Gerba's status for Thursday's game.

"This is the first time he's trained with us, but I'm not sure if all the paperwork's been done yet," Cummins said. "He's raring to go, he just wants to play for the club."

When asked if Gerba would be available to play against Montreal, Cummins smiled and told reporters to tune in Thursday.

"You never know," he said.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/06/18/tfc_impact_preview/

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 12:58 PM

Montreal native Ali Gerba trained with the Reds for the first time Wednesday since the striker's rights were acquired last week in a deal that also brought veteran defender Nick Garcia to Toronto.

Gerba didn't have his contract renewed by English side MK Dons and some paperwork would need to be filed for him to be allowed to play with Toronto.

"This is the first time he's trained with us, but I'm not sure if all the paperwork's been done yet," Cummins said. "He's raring to go, he just wants to play for the club."

When asked if Gerba would be available to play against Montreal, Cummins smiled and told reporters to tune in Thursday.

a little bit of good news, at least he is on the pitch.

Pachuco
06-18-2009, 01:01 PM
You are completely correct in saying that it will be a different situation after Montreal. However we never used Smith and we might be able to sign Gerba by then. Then our depth would be back to normal, keep the faith.

You are saying "we never used Smith so who cares" but yet in another sentence a few posts above you are saying that Gala is a valid replacement for depth. Can't have it both ways, We've NEVER used gala this year, Smith atleast got some playing time ;)

Pachuco
06-18-2009, 01:03 PM

I think that may have been written before the whole thing came out that there were contract disputes with the league. Here's to hoping that's not the case and here's to hoping a surprise appearance tonight.

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 01:06 PM
You are saying "we never used Smith so who cares" but yet in another sentence a few posts above you are saying that Gala is a valid replacement for depth. Can't have it both ways, We've NEVER used gala this year, Smith atleast got some playing time ;)

Ok, fair is fair. I'm just saying that in the current situation with Montreal Gala will do. I am not saying that he will be a good bench player for regular MLS games, however we have him signed for situations like this one.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
06-18-2009, 01:48 PM

Cuz Harmse has always been used as an option ahead of Ricketts this season, so it was highly likely Harmse would have started tonight with Ricketts only as a late game sub.

Instead it's either Harmse in the starting line up and Barrett from the bench of vice versa. Maybe Ibbe if he's fit.

Harmse ain't available - sitting on two yellows.

Too bad, too -- He had a really good game on the wing against NYRB.

flambe
06-18-2009, 01:53 PM
at least the game is on Sportsnet, that's a plus

Pachuco
06-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh lord, no Harmse either? wow.

wzhxvy
06-18-2009, 02:09 PM
I dont know why we are even playing if Harmse is not available lol...what chance do we have !!! :-)

Darlofletch
06-18-2009, 02:13 PM

I have no idea how all this works, so maybe we had no choice in the matter, but it certainly doesn't look like Mo knows what he's doing.

not sure why you use the word "instead".
Were you assuming Ricketts would start?

Fair enough my first point wasn't all that clear, the instead was supposed to be instead of having one of ricketts harmse or barrett starting and the other 2 on the bench, we'd only have one of them on the bench. I'd forgot that harmse was suspended, so we're even worse.

If we go with the same staring line up as against NY but with Brennan on instead of Harmse, then Barrett's on the bench, maybe Ibbe, gala, velez or gomez could come on i suppose and we push serioux into midfield?

Not many attacking options to chase those goals we desperately need.

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I dont know why we are even playing if Harmse is not available lol...what chance do we have !!! :-)

Lol. Anyway, so Gala and Ibbe it is? Wait, so what kind of a formation will we use Vitti, Barrett, Dichio and DeRo in? That would be a bit of a waste. I know we need to push from the get go but that doesn't mean stack the line up with strikers.

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 02:18 PM
attacking minded formation........just Robbo as a CDM.

-----------Frei
---Nana--Garcia--Serioux
----------Robbo
----Cronin-----Guevara
----------DeRo

InTheCrowd
06-18-2009, 02:23 PM
attacking minded formation........just Robbo as a CDM.

-----------Frei
---Nana--Garcia--Serioux
----------Robbo
----Cronin-----Guevara
----------DeRo

That's a lot of strikers!

Shway
06-18-2009, 06:34 PM
what happeneds if someone gets injured in these situations....
who is going to come on?

Pigfynn
06-18-2009, 06:38 PM
isn't there someone there that can let us know if he's warming up?