PDA

View Full Version : San Jose double-header!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-17-2009, 01:11 PM
SAN JOSE gets it right!

Apparently they will host a Double Header this summer.....

SJ vs COLUMBUS...Followed by BARCALONA vs Club Depotivo ( mexico)

IF the brass at ML$E were smart enough they would of offerd something like this to TFC SUPPORTERS....Then i could justify shelling out $125

TFC VS HOU(example)
Followed by REAL MADRID VS Top south american team example) :)

SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom and Soccer United Marketing (SUM) announced today that they will host a doubleheader spectacular at Candlestick Park on Saturday, August 8. The Earthquakes will take on the defending MLS Cup Champion Columbus Crew at 5:30 p.m. PT, followed by UEFA Champions League winner FC Barcelona against Mexican powerhouse Club Deportivo Guadalajara

Cambridge_Red
06-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Just to add look how much they're charging up in Montreal for River Plate

They've announced their prices. $15-$40

Ours are listed at $46 to $360 on the TFC website.

Where are the we can't have games against famous teams included (like Seattle and NY had), or we have to pay more (than DC) because we have a small stadium arguments now?

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/N...D=1157&Focus=0 (http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1157&Focus=0)

hmmmmmmmmm interesting..........

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-17-2009, 01:15 PM

Why is that relevent?

Where are the we can't have games against famous teams included (like Seattle and NY had), or we have to pay more (than DC) because we have a small stadium arguments now?

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/N...D=1157&Focus=0 (http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1157&Focus=0)

good find...welcome to the world of mL$E

Wagner
please just scrap the int'l friendlies all together.
they are pointless.

BakaGaijin
I think tickets are free for San Jose SSH and additional seats start at $30.........

Pachuco
06-17-2009, 01:20 PM

WOW - that just says it all. My seat to River Plate in more then double what the top prize is in Montreal. Are they playing at Saputo?

Cambridge_Red
06-17-2009, 01:21 PM
> Tuesday, August 4 – CA River Plate VS Impact – Saputo Stadium – 7:30 pm

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-17-2009, 01:21 PM
WOW - that just says it all. My seat to River Plate in more then double what the top prize is in Montreal. Are they playing at Saputo?

yes!!

olegunnar
06-17-2009, 01:27 PM

They can't be...at those prices they'd have to have a 90,000 seat stadium right?

CretanBull
06-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Tickets for the Montreal/Bordeaux game are $10-$30.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-17-2009, 01:29 PM
INTERNATIONAL GAMES IN MONTREAL
> Saturday, June 27 – Haitian National Team VS Syrian National Team – Saputo Stadium – 3:30 pm
> Wednesday, July 1 - Haitian National Team VS Impact – Saputo Stadium – 7:30 pm
> Wednesday, July 8 – Syrian National Team VS Impact – Saputo Stadium – 7:30 pm
> Saturday, July 25 (Champions Trophy) – EA Guingamp VS FC Girondins de Bordeaux – Olympic Stadium – 3 pm
> Tuesday, July 28 – FC Girondins de Bordeaux VS Impact – Saputo Stadium – 7:30 pm

stugautz
06-17-2009, 02:49 PM
SAN JOSE gets it right!

IF the brass at ML$E were smart enough they would of offerd something like this to TFC SUPPORTERS....Then i could justify shelling out $125

TFC VS HOU(example)

SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom and Soccer United Marketing (SUM) announced today that they will host a doubleheader spectacular at Candlestick Park on Saturday, August 8. The Earthquakes will take on the defending MLS Cup Champion Columbus Crew at 5:30 p.m. PT, followed by UEFA Champions League winner FC Barcelona against Mexican powerhouse Club Deportivo Guadalajara

Interesting that they are playing their game at Candlestick...I thought they played their big stadium games in Oakland.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Interesting that they are playing their game at Candlestick...I thought they played their big stadium games in Oakland.

when is the game nfl teams might be in practice then and the Oakland stadium will be lined for that purpose.

denime
06-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Guys don't forget Impact is NON-Profit Org.
So all they have to charge is to cover the costs,plus they made they $$$ in February when they sold out Big O.

Cas87
06-17-2009, 03:34 PM
INTERNATIONAL GAMES IN MONTREAL
> Saturday, June 27 – Haitian National Team VS Syrian National Team – Saputo Stadium – 3:30 pm
> Wednesday, July 1 - Haitian National Team VS Impact – Saputo Stadium – 7:30 pm
> Wednesday, July 8 – Syrian National Team VS Impact – Saputo Stadium – 7:30 pm
> Saturday, July 25 (Champions Trophy) – EA Guingamp VS FC Girondins de Bordeaux – Olympic Stadium – 3 pm
> Tuesday, July 28 – FC Girondins de Bordeaux VS Impact – Saputo Stadium – 7:30 pm

Now if TFC had that schedule and only charged the "Loyalty" price for the entire thing then it would be worth it.

Except probably the other RPBs would call it similar to the Marlies deal

Detroit_TFC
06-17-2009, 03:42 PM
A league game then an international friendly between two visiting sides-that's the way to go! I would be happy to get that as part of the season ticket package.

deltox
06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
how drunk would people get?

nascarguy
06-17-2009, 05:14 PM
they are pointless.
yeah they are all pointless and a wast of money and time.

RealG-TFC
06-17-2009, 05:53 PM
no, i don't like that idea

boban
06-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Guys don't forget Impact is NON-Profit Org.
So all they have to charge is to cover the costs,plus they made they $$$ in February when they sold out Big O.
That doesn't mean you can't make money on a single event.
it just means you can't make profit for the year.
If there is surplus funds, spend it on equipment, training, coaches, better players, etc.
This was a chance to increase revenues. They didn't & MLSE did.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-17-2009, 06:41 PM
yeah they are all pointless and a wast of money and time.

lol.....this is coming from a guy who purchased tickets for the MADRID game:drinking::D

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-17-2009, 06:52 PM
they are pointless.

sorry i like the friendlies....its better then watching Vancouver and Montreal come into town anyday

Chevy
06-17-2009, 07:31 PM
SAN JOSE gets it right!

TFC VS HOU(example)

Kind of like Clay Aiken opening for The Rolling Stones.

king dave
06-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Just discovered this thread tonight and once again my opinion on the TFC FO goes further south.
So glad I passed on the RM tickets.
These Dbags in the TFC FO, about 30+, have great jobs thanks to us and they won't do a damn thing with regards to our requests.
They can all suck the zits off my fucking arse, each and every one of these complacent, do nothing, posing, job-jumping fuck-wads!
Lost all respect for the FO now kids.
BUT I WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THE TEAM!
KD.

Cas87
06-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Just discovered this thread tonight and once again my opinion on the TFC FO goes further south.
These Dbags in the TFC FO, about 30+, have great jobs thanks to us and they won't do a damn thing with regards to our requests.
They can all suck the zits off my fucking arse, each and every one of these complacent, do nothing, posing, job-jumping fuck-wads!
KD.

+1
:drinking:

nascarguy
06-17-2009, 10:33 PM
lol.....this is coming from a guy who purchased tickets for the MADRID game:drinking::D
i did not buy tickets why would i spent money that I do not have

jazzy
06-17-2009, 10:37 PM
U pay what under $300.00 for a complete season and contribute what? Bitchin, complaining, If I was a player on this team, I would be very confused about the so called 'Greatest fans' in the league.

KD.

nascarguy
06-17-2009, 10:41 PM
KD.

yeah fuck the mlse I will allway support TFC