PDA

View Full Version : Free Gravy Boats and a DP

Shakes McQueen
06-17-2009, 12:18 AM
I was inspired by Jack and Trane.

This petition is to push ML$E to give away free TFC-branded gravy boats at all remaining home games. Currently they are being cheapskates, and hence the amazing TFC fanbase have gone gravy boat-less. This isn't acceptable.

Maybe if we had a wealthy football fan owning the team, instead of the oppressive pension fund Borg cube known as ML$E, we would have our TFC gravy boats by now.

Also, I want a DP. Discuss.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
06-17-2009, 12:20 AM
It's time to rise up and demand that which is ours, and by "that", I mean gravy boats.

All of these petition threads have me jonesing for a cause. To the streets!

- Scott

twistedchinaman
06-17-2009, 12:25 AM
It's time to rise up and demand that which is ours, and by "that", I mean gravy boats.

All of these petition threads have me jonesing for a cause. To the streets!

- Scott

No to gravy boats -- Yes to DP! :scarf:

Shakes McQueen
06-17-2009, 12:30 AM
This won't truly be a RPB forum thread until someone comes in and verbally blasts you, and calls you a moron for being anti-gravy boat. :D

- Scott

twistedchinaman
06-17-2009, 12:42 AM
This won't truly be a RPB forum thread until someone comes in and verbally blasts you, and calls you a moron for being anti-gravy boat. :D

- Scott

Still doesn't change my No-Gravy-Boat stance. :D

Mikey
06-17-2009, 06:17 AM
I heard theres an ML$E float in this years Caribana parade thats shaped like a giant gravy boat with the board of execs all floating in it.....:D

Ossington Mental Youth
06-17-2009, 06:19 AM
I fully support the cause for gravy boats, there are not nearly enough gravy boats on supporters tables.
WHERE ARE THEY ML$E?!?!??!
CHEAPSKATE$!!!
I BET THE TEACHER$ HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THI$!!!

Toronto Gunner
06-17-2009, 06:22 AM
I don't know how you can call yourselves supporters if you don't support the gravy boat cause. After three years of watching football at bmo field we deserve gravy boats. The RM match is going to raise more than $3 million for ML$E and all we're asking is for them to stop treating us like the leafs and give us our gb's already. Mo has spent months in Brazil where there is plenty of cheap labour - are you telling me he couldn't have brought back some gb's at $2-$3 each?

You can sit around being leafs fans all you want, but until I get my gravy boat I'm only wearing KKKolumbus gear to the games, that will teach our front office that they can't treat us like crap any more. Oh ya, and the only song we're going to sing is going to be 'the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round''.

Stop being f*ing pansies and supporter the cause. I'm sick of you casual fans calling yourselves supporters and just bending over and taking it from ML$E. This is the best thing for our team and will show our players that we really care about them.

TORONTO TILL I DIE!! (or until I've waiting 3 years and still not received my GB).

Shakes McQueen
06-17-2009, 06:31 AM
I don't know how you can call yourselves supporters if you don't support the gravy boat cause. After three years of watching football at bmo field we deserve gravy boats. The RM match is going to raise more than $3 million for ML$E and all we're asking is for them to stop treating us like the leafs and give us our gb's already. Mo has spent months in Brazil where there is plenty of cheap labour - are you telling me he couldn't have brought back some gb's at $2-$3 each?

You can sit around being leafs fans all you want, but until I get my gravy boat I'm only wearing KKKolumbus gear to the games, that will teach our front office that they can't treat us like crap any more. Oh ya, and the only song we're going to sing is going to be 'the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round''.

Stop being f*ing pansies and supporter the cause. I'm sick of you casual fans calling yourselves supporters and just bending over and taking it from ML$E. This is the best thing for our team and will show our players that we really care about them.

TORONTO TILL I DIE!! (or until I've waiting 3 years and still not received my GB).

Extra credit for referring to gravy boats as "gb's" LOL.

- Scott

Eastend
06-17-2009, 06:35 AM
This is a stupid thread. You're all crazy if you think we're actually going to get a GB.

Really! REALLY? A GB in only our third season? Get your heads checked.:noidea:

DOMIN8R
06-17-2009, 06:52 AM
The coaching staff promised us gravy boats. The players think we should have gravy boats. Heck even the City thinks we deserve GBs. Yet, MLSE give us the same answers....the gravy boats are coming, we are waiting for the right gravy boats, we're not responsible for the final decision on which gravy boat - it's up to the City.....yadda, yadda.

I say stop making excuses. The MLSE BoD approved them already. Mo get 'er done!

http://images.surlatable.com/surlatable/images/en_US/local/products/detail/258491.jpg

Fort York Redcoat
06-17-2009, 07:03 AM
What no one seems to realize is how much more attractive our team will be to all those fairweather fans on the fence. Can you imagine how many more shirts they'll sell with a GB! C'mon MLSE splurge for a GB!

BTW piss take + reptition = comic gold.

Mark in Ottawa
06-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Hmmm... GB or DP... GB or DP...
I don't see it as likely that we are going to get either one :( but a nice GB??

Thats class.

Shakes McQueen
06-17-2009, 07:14 AM
I hear Philly's stadium is going to have a discount gravy boat stand. Now THAT'S how you treat supporters.

- Scott

Suds
06-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Freakin' ridiculous!! Royal Doulton FC has been trying to unload one their GB's for some time now. MLSE has no intention of bringing in a GB. You heard it here first.

The Pope
06-17-2009, 07:32 AM
WE DESERVE BUTTER!!

er....I mean Gravy Boats!!

Yeoman
06-17-2009, 07:40 AM
pfft, i heard even worse of philly
i hear they're getting gravy trains!
sign me up. gravy boats always do indeed make the world go round.

Nodoubtguy
06-17-2009, 07:41 AM
I heard Seattle fans have 2 GB's included in their season ticket packages!!

jabbronies
06-17-2009, 07:49 AM
I heard theres an ML$E float in this years Caribana parade thats shaped like a giant gravy boat with the board of execs all floating in it.....:D

hahaha and instead of throwing treats out to the on lookers, people throw money at the MLSE float..hahahaha

mlsintoronto
06-17-2009, 08:10 AM
look. I've had it with you numpty's. Yes the board approved a GB. The team has the ability to go get GBs any time we want. But there is simply no proof that GBs are the way to go to win in this league.

There are a lot of things to consider: do you want used, aging GB... barely able to hold and distribute the gravy, just because it once spilled on the dinner table at Buckingham Palace? or do you want a younger, maybe south American GB, with a bit more spicy flair? Or do you want a Canadian GB...one who is influenced by all the gravies around the world?

We're looking at it but we're not just going to jump in to the boat with our eyes closed.

FluSH
06-17-2009, 08:13 AM
I am completely lost in this thread and in this reference? completely.

Ageroo
06-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Or do you want a Canadian GB...one who is influenced by all the gravies around the world?

We're looking at it but we're not just going to jump in to the boat with our eyes closed.

YES PLEASE....;)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-17-2009, 08:14 AM
look. I've had it with you numpty's. Yes the board approved a GB. The team has the ability to go get GBs any time we want. But there is simply no proof that GBs are the way to go to win in this league.

There are a lot of things to consider: do you want used, aging GB... barely able to hold and distribute the gravy, just because it once spilled on the dinner table at Buckingham Palace? or do you want a younger, maybe south American GB, with a bit more spicy flair? Or do you want a Canadian GB...one who is influenced by all the gravies around the world?

i'll take a Canadian GB....can we have em on the pitch by thursday 8pm? ;)

Nodoubtguy
06-17-2009, 08:14 AM

Paul....Thank you.....that made me laugh so hard. We don't all hate you!!!

boomcha
06-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Hmmm... gravy.

Ageroo
06-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Hmmm... gravy.

And not that powder in a box shit either.........home made I say!:D

koryo
06-17-2009, 08:18 AM

Parody... of ourselves.

Jamaicanadian
06-17-2009, 08:23 AM

On you dinner meat would you prefer:

(a) instant gravy (i.e. just add hot water to the powdered ingredients)

or

(b) gravy made from scratch by a chef that has been simmered for 24 hours and containing marinaded meat juices and various spices....

I trust this put the thread in context for you!
:yum:

Would you like instant gravy

Phil
06-17-2009, 08:35 AM

I like the idea of a Canadian GB.

Influence gravies from around the world....

http://bp2.blogger.com/_bc6qV1Uloa8/SH898mo3SWI/AAAAAAAAAsM/v-aCdMhkk84/s400/homer_simpson31.jpg

jabbronies
06-17-2009, 08:45 AM

wait...we are still talking about gravy boats here right?

Jack
06-17-2009, 08:51 AM
I like gravy

English Rachel
06-17-2009, 08:53 AM
http://www.britishfooddirect.com/images/5010024141585_200.jpg

Beach_Red
06-17-2009, 08:57 AM
But Oscar Madison says the gravy just comes when you cook the meat.

boomcha
06-17-2009, 08:58 AM
I say gravy boats instead of scarves for next year STH package. Imagine breaking out the fine TFC china at your next formal family event. Then every year after that we could have dishes, glasses, butter dishes, cutlery, Cake/Pie stand (honouring Colin Samuel), etc..

denime
06-17-2009, 09:08 AM
I prefer CANADIAN Gravy,thanks!

English Rachel
06-17-2009, 09:13 AM
^^ eff off

NF-FC
06-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Why can't we develop our own Gravy Boats? Why do we have to bring them in from overseas at inflated prices?

Suds
06-17-2009, 10:19 AM
For Parkdale

Prawns in Curry Gravy
http://prawngravy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/butter-prawns.jpg

T-Bird
06-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Her comes the gravy! Here come the gravy!

Gravy boats are awesome

DOMIN8R
06-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Can we get other supporter groups to join our effort? We need GB solidarity if we want to get the FO's attention. How does NEE and U-Sector feel about this?

Already, PB is trying to divide us and make this about the gravy. He just doesn't get it. It's not about the gravy, Paul.:nono: It's about the gravy boat.:yesnod:

Yeoman
06-17-2009, 10:44 AM
well played sir
well played

Yeoman
06-17-2009, 10:47 AM
is this how easy it is to find brazilian GB's?

Nodoubtguy
06-17-2009, 11:01 AM
So Gerba yes, but still no GB??? how sad!!!

CoachGT
06-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Assuming I can find one, I'll have an official RPB gravy boat made especially for JDG!

eustacchio
06-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Ladies and gentlemen raise your gravy boats above your heads and rise for the playing of the national anthem...I like it

Darlofletch
06-17-2009, 11:07 AM
I heard Seattle fans have 2 GB's included in their season ticket packages!!

and Drew Carey comes round to every supporters house and personally pours the gravy.

Now that's showing the proper respect for the supporters.

Nodoubtguy
06-17-2009, 11:08 AM
and Drew Carey comes round to every supporters house and personally pours the gravy.

Now that's showing the proper respect for the supporters.

If there's one guy in this league I don't want hovering around my gravy, its Drew Carey!!!!

Darlofletch
06-17-2009, 11:10 AM
We were promised a top class food dispensing gadget included with our tickets, but instead they changed the promotion to a different day, and they're charging like an extra $10 to get the gravy boat. Meanwhile they're giving us a cheap pez dispenser and claiming this fulfils their obligations. bastards.

Nodoubtguy
06-17-2009, 11:18 AM
We were promised a top class food dispensing gadget included with our tickets, but instead they changed the promotion to a different day, and they're charging like an extra $10 to get the gravy boat. Meanwhile they're giving us a cheap pez dispenser and claiming this fulfils their obligations. bastards.

But the Pez dispenser that they are giving is not a small, unkown Pez despenser.........It's a pretty nice dispenser!!

MFBODD
06-17-2009, 12:27 PM
If there can be a Tony Clement gravy boat we should get one too...

Shakes McQueen
06-17-2009, 05:52 PM
This thread is... beautiful.

- Scott

justin
06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
i just saw this thread now, and ironically enough, just finished a plate of poutine i whipped up for dinner. let me tell you, a GB would have greatly helped the distribution of my gravy, rather than the cereal bowl i used...it's great at holding and hardly ever loses control of its contents, but a good GB would be able to distribute the gravy all over the surface, and make it much easier to set up the grater to achieve a quality, melty finish.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-19-2009, 10:47 AM

Hahahaha... Best post EVER. :D

mlsintoronto
08-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Still want a GB? discuss.

Pookie
08-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Ever notice that if you get gravy that's too lumpy, it can look like shite?

Darlofletch
08-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Yes, just because the one fancy gb that would have been great isn't available, doesn't mean we shouldn't get another less fancy but still very nice gb to use in the mean time.

Cashcleaner
08-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Question.

Were we or were we not promised a GB (or possibly multiple GBs) this season?

I rest my case.

jabbronies
08-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Make sure it's a real gravy boat. I want the real deal made from real beef. Not that fake powery shite that goes bad after a day or so.

mlsintoronto
08-17-2009, 12:52 PM
oops...I just awakened the sleeping DP discussion...yikes. I really just enjoyed the Gravy boat discussion. it made me laugh.

CretanBull
08-17-2009, 12:55 PM
I demand a French Canadian GB with Poutine experience.

Dave67
08-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Still want a GB? discuss.

PB Resurrecting a thread. Gravy boat imminent rumours soon to be spread everywhere?

Pigfynn
08-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Transfer window has closed..safe to discuss this now :(

BleedRed
08-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Honestly...GB's are good...but where are my authentic Quebecois cheese balls? I mean...we ARE sponsored by BMO...I want my damn cheese balls!!!!

Dave67
Transfer window has closed..safe to discuss this now :(

There could be an 'unused gravy boat signing clause' hidden somewhere deep in the MLS stew. If not and the gravy boat is attractive enough I'm sure MLS could write a suitable clause.

KrazyKanadian
Against Modern Gravyboating.

Pookie
When choosing a gravy boat, please consider the following:

- the handle can't be about to fall off. Newer gravy boats are probably best

- you don't want to overpay for the gravy boat. Put an expensive gravy boat next to a tea set that you got from Wal-mart and it is going to look out of place and not function well as a unit.

- you need to build a solid surface upon which your gravy boat would rest. You cannot put it on cement. It needs a plush surface that it was built for. It would be the pinnacle of stupidity to spend all that money on a GB and have it shatter within the first few days

- if you want to allow your neighbours to show off their own gravy boats in your house, don't charge your friends money to come and see them. Make sure your friends know in advance that there will be a showing of gravy boats and they will get to see them as part of your ongoing relationship... because you are that nice of a guy

H Bomb
08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I just wish Mojo would shut his mouth more so we wouldnt have to call him a liar so often...he's made a decent team that may very well do great from here on out...also might not....but regardless of results there is a list of lies i could do without

Canadian Blue
08-17-2009, 01:11 PM
I just wish Mojo would shut his mouth more so we wouldnt have to call him a liar so often...he's made a decent team that may very well do great from here on out...also might not....but regardless of results there is a list of lies i could do without

What does this have to do with gravy boats?????

DOMIN8R
08-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Because their seems to be a history of Mo is leaning towards a "made in Canada" solution we should bring this to his attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcOAwb1q2FQ

Tony Clement for DP....urghhh - I mean gravy boat.

Kevvv
08-17-2009, 01:22 PM
I demand a French Canadian GB with Poutine experience.

French Canadian Gaol Bait?

Brooker
08-17-2009, 01:31 PM

thank god i'm not the only one. i was scared for a second.

Shakes McQueen
08-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Honestly...GB's are good...but where are my authentic Quebecois cheese balls? I mean...we ARE sponsored by BMO...I want my damn cheese balls!!!!

I'd like to amend my original petition, to include Quebecois Cheese Balls!

GBs and QBCs for all TFC supporters, PB! We deserve it!

- Scott

Northern Soul
08-17-2009, 01:38 PM

:hurray:

Shakes McQueen
08-17-2009, 01:39 PM
What does this have to do with gravy boats?????

Absolutely nothing, that's what!

Mo has tried his best to get us gravy boats. I heard he was even having cheap knockoff Royal Doulton GB's made for us in Ukraine, but the deal fell apart at the last second.

All I know is, we've got all of this gravy, and no boats to speak of!

- Scott

Belfast_Boy
08-17-2009, 01:59 PM
I feel like I've missed the boat on this thread....

Kevvv
08-17-2009, 02:02 PM
You need to get a handle on that

Belfast_Boy
08-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Absolutely nothing, that's what!

Mo has tried his best to get us gravy boats. I heard he was even having cheap knockoff Royal Doulton GB's made for us in Ukraine, but the deal fell apart at the last second.

All I know is, we've got all of this gravy, and no boats to speak of!

- Scott

I think it's a little late to be looking for GB's this year. as MLStoronto said they are looking but it takes time.
perhaps we should ask for a large wooden ladle...

Dave67
08-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Actually I don't think a gravy boat will do. Consider instead a gravy fountain. Nice flow, even distribution of gravy to all areas of the bowl. Spouts off from the mouth a bit.

http://www.mcphee.com/pixlarge/11937.jpg

Oldtimer
08-17-2009, 02:20 PM
I saw that there is an Italian gravy boat that has just become available:

http://images.replacements.com/images/images5/china/A/adams_china_italian_scenery_multicolor_gravy_boat_ with_attached_underplate_P0000000456S0004T2.jpg

C'mon Mo, get' er done!

ilikemusic
08-17-2009, 02:21 PM
He doesnt say gravy, but gravy boat always makes me think of mashed potatoes.

AhUgsPn3hyI

:lol:

I want my fucking gravy boat! :flare:

mlsintoronto
08-17-2009, 02:27 PM
I'd like to amend my original petition, to include Quebecois Cheese Balls!

GBs and QBCs for all TFC supporters, PB! We deserve it!

- Scott

I heard Saputo was in the market for QCBs already.

ExiledRed
08-17-2009, 02:33 PM
^^I'm sure as soon as he gets his team in MLS, he'll get the QCB and the GB straight away.

I'm pretty resigned to Whitecaps, Timbers and Philly all getting gravy boats before we do also.

ExiledRed
08-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Even Queensland Fury has gravy boats.

canadian_bhoy
08-17-2009, 02:34 PM
I know it's not a gravy boat...but can we get Motts Caesars at BMO? Corona in a can would also be 100% awesome.

Oh...and a $5 beer would be great too :D

But seriously...Smirnoff Ice is weak...bring on the Caesars! If not for us...do it for Canada

ExiledRed
08-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Even Queensland Fury has gravy boats.

waits for the 5-0, very thin gravy comment.

JamboAl
08-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Let's class this up. I want a nice au jus boat.

canadian_bhoy
08-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Let's class this up. I want a nice au jus boat.

(Kramer is having his party, Elaine is painfully sitting through it)

FRIEND 1: Great party, K-man!

KRAMER: Yeah, well, you got that straight! (Turns to Elaine) Hey, Elaine, try the beef - because that's realy au jus sauce, huh. (Dramatically) Real au jus sauce!

ELAINE: (Sourly) I'll make a note of it.

http://files.myopera.com/BOSOX/albums/36990/kramer%20slide.gif

Toronto Gunner
08-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Any rumours about a gravy boat deal falling through are rubbish. I heard from my source (who has never been wrong - he knew that Garcia would sign with us back in January 2008) that Mo was able to get us GBs, but unfortunately we used the same manufacturing company that produced the Real Madrid/TFC scarves.

Here's a link to a shot of one of the GBs from just before they were all destroyed for having a typo:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8504555&l=78f610323b&id=762950496

mlsintoronto
08-17-2009, 03:32 PM
If we're going all fancie with "au jus" then I don't just want a boat, I want a yacht.

I want an au jus yacht and I want it now. According to MLS rules only the first 20 oz. of a AJY goes toward the cap, so....

ExiledRed
08-17-2009, 03:35 PM
isn't 'Au Jus' just a pretentious way of saying blood and grease?

Belfast_Boy
08-17-2009, 03:37 PM
isn't 'Au Jus' just a pretentious way of saying blood and grease?

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

JamboAl
08-17-2009, 03:39 PM
No, a fine au jus might have some booze in it (generally a fine red wine).

Imagine a picnic on the Kentucky Bluegrass of BMO Field with au jus and a fine piece of prime rib? Man, spending too much in 108 does that to ya...

leroy
08-17-2009, 03:54 PM
and don't forget to double check the spelling of "Toronto" prior to engraving said gravy boats.

:D

ExiledRed
08-17-2009, 03:58 PM
No, a fine au jus might have some booze in it (generally a fine red wine).

Imagine a picnic on the Kentucky Bluegrass of BMO Field with au jus and a fine piece of prime rib? Man, spending too much in 108 does that to ya...

so blood, grease and plonk then.

Anybody who calls it 'Au jus' probably says 'derrier' instead of 'arse' or 'ass' too.

Hitcho
08-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Maybe if we had a wealthy football fan owning the team, instead of the oppressive pension fund Borg cube known as ML$E

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeoman
08-17-2009, 04:28 PM
hey where the fuck?!?
first we don't get a DP
NOW we don't get a gravy boat?!?
where the hell is my gravy boat!

Hitcho
08-17-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm not sure about the incessant demand for a gravy boat. There are other ways to complete the table-top line up. Consider, for example, the following options:

a lazy susan - nice turn, good change of pace but tends to just sit in the middle a lot

serving platter - excellent for getting the passing going, but can often become aimless and start passing backwards, which can lead to confusion and irritation among the crowd

cruet - very active at the start and covers a lot of ground, but notorious for fading quickly and likely to be stood still in the corner for much of the last 30 minutes

wine decanter - gets up and down right from the off and won't stop until long after the critics have finished reviewing the day's fare, but you never know what you're going to get - could be a vintage italian, might be something lacking finesse from argentina - and the longer it stays in the game the passing becomes less accurate and the crowd become more unruly

cutlery set - covers the basics well and leaves you in plentiful supply for every position in the place setting line up, but unless you shell out for something top end, not much chance of getting any silverware

So, I would urge Paul B and co to consider all the various options before deciding what to serve up for the fans at BMO Field, although regardless of which option they take, I think we can all agree that a top quality, natural surface is much nicer to eat off than a cheap plastic green table from IKEA.

Cheers! :drinking:

Hitcho

CoachGT
08-18-2009, 07:31 AM
cutlery set - covers the basics well and leaves you in plentiful supply for every position in the place setting line up, but unless you shell out for something top end, not much chance of silverware

So I take it we're forked? Or could we use a ladle to stir things up?

Canadian Blue
08-18-2009, 07:38 AM
I heard there was a classic European Gravy Boat available for free.......currently this gravy boat is not owned by anyone.

This gravy boat still carries a very regal name "Vennegoor of Hesselink"

Hitcho
08-18-2009, 07:40 AM
So I take it we're forked? Or could we use a ladle to stir things up?

At this stage we need to focus on avoiding the wooden spoon Coach! :D

Oldtimer
08-18-2009, 09:15 AM
A lot of people say we need a Canadian gravyboat. However, there is a real problem with trying to get a quality Canadian gravyboat. The Canadian Silverware Association has not put in enough funds for Canadian gravyboat development. There is a real gap in Canadian quality, with only a few good ones being made. Most are unavailable in Canada despite being made here. Some gravyboat designers have tried to get around the CSA limitations by manufacturing Canadian designs in Europe. The problem is, when the gravyboats are succesful, the manufacturers claim they "feel" European in design,leaving us with a big gap in the whole gravyboat sector.

The real solution is for TFC to make their own quality gravyboats, which hopefully they won't sell off to the first European manufacturer that comes along.

Toronto Gunner
08-18-2009, 09:35 AM
The real solution is for TFC to make their own quality gravyboats, which hopefully they won't sell off to the first European manufacturer that comes along.

This still leaves us years away from a quality gravy boat. When Real Madrid were here that brought their own gravy boats, which many thought signalled the fact that TFC would be getting gravy boats, but the gravy boats were just smashed and donated to local schools.

Do we even need a gravy boat? Isn't having all of our gravy in one boat put us more at risk than if we just several quality gravy ladels? That way if one was to spill, we would only lose a small portion of the gravy.

Just some 'food for thought'.

canadian_bhoy
08-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Why do people and the club keep overanalysing this???

I don't give a shit where we get this gravy boat from or how new/old this gravy boat is as long as this boat pours out a shitload of gravy on a consistent basis. Find a great gravy boat and give it to us! Stop with all these conditions.

As for their not being any proof that gravy boat makes for a good dinner...just look at the MLS Cup playoffs from last season. the last 3 of 4 teams all had gravy boats (Schelotto counts), so don't act like just because Dallas' gravy boat broke, that it doesn't make a difference....it does.

scooter
08-18-2009, 10:08 AM
gravy is the very essence of life as we know it

tfc fans whining " i want my gravy boat" is par for the course with fair weather fans

of course us supporters want a gb preferably with smooth pouring skills

for everything else there is mastercard

Hitcho
08-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Why do people and the club keep overanalysing this???

I don't give a shit where we get this gravy boat from or how new/old this gravy boat is as long as this boat pours out a shitload of gravy on a consistent basis. Find a great gravy boat and give it to us! Stop with all these conditions.

As for their not being any proof that gravy boat makes for a good dinner...just look at the MLS Cup playoffs from last season. the last 3 of 4 teams all had gravy boats (Schelotto counts), so don't act like just because Dallas' gravy boat broke, that it doesn't make a difference....it does.

But if the gravy boat is too big, it takes up the whole table and there's no space left to properly compliment the wonderful gravy boat you have, which means the guests are left without basic things like plates and then they get angry, because the dinner party becomes a failure and the lovely gravy boat in the middle of the table can't really do anything to stop it. After that, guests stop coming round for the weekly dinner parties because they don't want to sit and watch the gravy boat while everything aruond the gravy boat falls apart and is left exposed for what it is - inadequate gear to do the job at hand because all the money went on the gravy boat.

Dave67
08-18-2009, 12:21 PM
The reality is most gravy boats will only show up on the finest natural surfaced tables. As long as we have a synthetic tablecloth we will get no gravy boat.

Cambridge_Red
08-18-2009, 12:30 PM
so blood, grease and plonk then.

Anybody who calls it 'Au jus' probably says 'derrier' instead of 'arse' or 'ass' too.

Precisely au jus is the process of removing juices (deglazing) with a liquid usually red wine in the case of Prime Rib au jus. It's basically pissy gravy as I like to call it.

CoachGT
08-18-2009, 12:51 PM
The reality is most gravy boats will only show up on the finest natural surfaced tables. As long as we have a synthetic tablecloth we will get no gravy boat.

I was thinking the same thing. But what if they put a natural surface over the synthetic one?

Dave67
08-18-2009, 12:55 PM
I was thinking the same thing. But what if they put a natural surface over the synthetic one?

I think the chance of the Gravy Boat slipping and breaking are too high. The natural tablecloth just wont sit right on top of a synthetic one. Sure you can get away with this trick once every few years if a high ranking senior visitor is at the table. In the long run the tablecloth needs to be replaced.

Hitcho
08-18-2009, 01:16 PM
I think the upshot of this thread means that we need to come up with a chant about gravy boats for all visiting GB players.

That'll give em something to think about during the game - ha ha!

"Boat full of gravy!
You're just a boat full of gravy!
Boooooat full of graaaaavy!
You're just a boat full of graaaavyyyy..."

Darlofletch
08-18-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure about the incessant demand for a gravy boat. There are other ways to complete the table-top line up. Consider, for example, the following options:

a lazy susan - nice turn, good change of pace but tends to just sit in the middle a lot

serving platter - excellent for getting the passing going, but can often become aimless and start passing backwards, which can lead to confusion and irritation among the crowd

cruet - very active at the start and covers a lot of ground, but notorious for fading quickly and likely to be stood still in the corner for much of the last 30 minutes

wine decanter - gets up and down right from the off and won't stop until long after the critics have finished reviewing the day's fare, but you never know what you're going to get - could be a vintage italian, might be something lacking finesse from argentina - and the longer it stays in the game the passing becomes less accurate and the crowd become more unruly

cutlery set - covers the basics well and leaves you in plentiful supply for every position in the place setting line up, but unless you shell out for something top end, not much chance of getting any silverware

So, I would urge Paul B and co to consider all the various options before deciding what to serve up for the fans at BMO Field, although regardless of which option they take, I think we can all agree that a top quality, natural surface is much nicer to eat off than a cheap plastic green table from IKEA.

Cheers! :drinking:

Hitcho

post of the thread right here.

TFC John
08-18-2009, 02:09 PM
I say Gravy Boats are over rated!!!

We have a collection of gravy boats at home and all they do is sit in a cabinet. If I'm lucky I'll get gravy out of one of them maybe once a year. They are really just ornaments.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=333&pictureid=1837

Sadly, if the team did issue a gravy boat I would be one of the first to buy it simply to put in this stupid collection. Oh the things we do for domestic peace.

On the other hand, I don't have a star football player sitting in my parlour so Mo has my blessing to go out and get one of those anytime.

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2009, 07:17 PM
So, could the recent rumours of impending gravy boats be true?

Could our dreary gravy-less nights of dry, tasteless meat be over? Is Mo using the gravy boat rumour as a ruse, to distract from the fact that no one seems to be interested in the cranberries?

DISCUSS.

- Scott

Yohan
09-05-2009, 07:19 PM
we all know that JDG finally caved in when Mo offered him a highly polished gravy boat as part of the signing bonus

flatpicker
09-05-2009, 07:22 PM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_01/GravyWrestle3PIN_468x320.jpg

Hitcho
09-06-2009, 02:20 PM
^ holy shit Flats - you make a mess when you eat mate! :D

TFC John
09-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Sometimes my Mom would be so busy getting Christmas Dinner ready and on the table that she would forget about the gravy. We would be half way through eating it when she would suddenly remember that the gravy boat was sitting out on the kitchen. It was sad to suddenly get your gravy when you'd already eaten most of your mashed potatoes.

AL-MO
09-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Sadly, if the team did issue a gravy boat I would be one of the first to buy it simply to put in this stupid collection.

It should be included in our ST package for next year.

Jack
09-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Ok, so now we've got the gravy boat and a lovely table cloth is on the way.

Does this mean we're on the gravy train now?

flatpicker
09-11-2009, 02:18 PM
^ ok... I googled "gravy train" and this is what I got...

http://betterpropaganda.com/images/artwork/All_the_Sweet_Stuff-Gravy_Train%21%21%21%21_480.jpg

English Rachel
09-11-2009, 02:27 PM
I say Gravy Boats are over rated!!!

We have a collection of gravy boats at home and all they do is sit in a cabinet. If I'm lucky I'll get gravy out of one of them maybe once a year. They are really just ornaments.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=333&pictureid=1837

Sadly, if the team did issue a gravy boat I would be one of the first to buy it simply to put in this stupid collection. Oh the things we do for domestic peace.

On the other hand, I don't have a star football player sitting in my parlour so Mo has my blessing to go out and get one of those anytime.

LOL Domestic peace <3 made my friday afternoon

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-11-2009, 02:29 PM
We have a couple, they only come out when extended family comes over on holidays... lol