PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Ricketts released, Gerba in MLS limbo

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Cambridge_Red
06-18-2009, 03:24 PM
if you both are convinced you can do a better job than Mo, then please submit your resumes to MLSE immediately!

Wow you're so right, what was I thinking Mo is doing a great job and the results show it..

Ofcourse its easy to sit back and critique, but as a supporter/customer when I invest time/money/priorities into something I expect the very best. We are not getting the end product we deserve.

Cue the team owes us nothing rebuttal.

flatpicker
06-18-2009, 03:28 PM
hmmm... if true, that does seem a little steep.
But, I don't a run soccer club, Mo does... I will just trust that he knows best.

wow just wow....

hmmm.... ok, let me rephrase... I will trust that he knows better than me.

still not convinced.

I concur my friend.

if you both are convinced you can do a better job than Mo, then please submit your resumes to MLSE immediately!

Wow you're so right, what was I thinking Mo is doing a great job and the results show it..

hmmm... yeah... that's exactly what I was saying!

colman1860
06-18-2009, 03:41 PM
hmmm... yeah... that's exactly what I was saying!

How quickly people forget...the only reason we're even talking about Gerba is because Mo fleeced San Jose for Nick Garcia + the rights to Ali G. But posters on this board are always very grudging with praise for anything TFC that isn't on the field.

Beach_Red
06-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Ofcourse its easy to sit back and critique, but as a supporter/customer when I invest time/money/priorities into something I expect the very best. We are not getting the end product we deserve.

Every fan of every team feels that way.

Remember what Clint Eastwood said in Unforgiven:

zyV7PDXTVQ0

"Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

(comes about the 7:50 point)

Section 117
06-18-2009, 04:24 PM
How quickly people forget...the only reason we're even talking about Gerba is because Mo fleeced San Jose for Nick Garcia + the rights to Ali G. But posters on this board are always very grudging with praise for anything TFC that isn't on the field.

I agree I am happy that Mo is attempting to stregnth the squad, but I can not sit and be passive about a player who obviously does not really want to be here. There is zero justification to have an out clause.

If he really wants he should sign a contract till the end of the season and then reevaluate after the season. But no this twat (Gerba) wants the security of a 3 year contract at $275 k. IMO you can't have your cake and eat it too

VPjr
06-18-2009, 04:41 PM

ITS NOT A FLEECING WHEN THE OTHER TEAM IS GLADLY GIVING YOU THESE PLAYERS.

No one in the league wanted Garcia. He's overpaid and, given time, will show you why he is not coveted.

Gerba is a player who has had 13 clubs in 9 years and has a history of fitness issues.

We're not talking about getting Fabio Cannevaro and Michael Owen here. Let's get a grip.

Frank Yallop had to give TFC the rights to Gerba in order for them to take Garcia's bloated contract off their hands.

Maybe people in SJ feel that they fleeced Toronto because now they have the cap room to go get GOOD players...ever thought of that?

bhoybobby
06-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Any manager who's worth his salt only signs player want to be there. The only clause that"s accepatable is a clause that says if a certain $ offer is made for a player to move on, then that triggers a getout.

Those clauses are good for club & player, as it keeps the payer motivated to attract a better club & TFC would be compensated fairly. It's a common place insert.

If that;s what Mo's done, kudo's. If not he should get shot:scarf:

VPjr
06-18-2009, 04:46 PM
The only clause that"s accepatable is a clause that says if a certain $ offer is made for a player to move on, then that triggers a getout.

Those clauses are good for club & player, as it keeps the payer motivated to attract a better club & TFC would be compensated fairly. It's a common place insert.

I'm willing to bet that the type of clause you suggest is the type of clause the league wants but what we don't know for certain is the type of clause Gerba's people originally wanted.

bhoybobby
06-18-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm willing to bet that the type of clause you suggest is the type of clause the league wants but what we don't know for certain is the type of clause Gerba's people originally wanted.

If journeyman Gerba's people want a straight get out clause, then they can go fuck themselves, he's a servicable forward, nothing more. He's had more clubs than Jack Niclklaus:scarf:

Shway
06-18-2009, 06:09 PM
DOES THIS NOT SEEM LIKE WHAT WE DID FOR TYRONE MARSHALL
getting rid of players without the answer right away!!!!!