PDA

View Full Version : Season Tix in 109 for sale....

Oblio2
06-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Grab while you can Guy is leaving the country!!
Make it an RPB seat

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tix/1224812950.html

wzhxvy
06-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Just to be clear though...according to TFC rules Season Tickets can not be transfered...so you have to trust this guy will buy tickets on your behalf every year ...I wouldnt take that chance.

canucker
06-16-2009, 08:37 PM
^^^
Oh really?! Good to know. Is that for sure?

Suds
06-16-2009, 08:40 PM
^^^
Oh really?! Good to know. Is that for sure?

yep ... $920/seat for a full season.

As mentioned above, I don't think you can take over rights anymore.

canucker
06-16-2009, 08:43 PM
^^^
That's too rich for my blood.

mastermixer
06-16-2009, 09:23 PM
yep ... $920/seat for a full season.

As mentioned above, I don't think you can take over rights anymore.

really? I got my season tickets during the off season by paying some guy off craigslist $250 to transfer his seats to me. All I had to do was fill out some transfer from and send it to my new TFC account manager.

Suds
06-16-2009, 09:28 PM
really? I got my season tickets during the off season by paying some guy off craigslist $250 to transfer his seats to me. All I had to do was fill out some transfer from and send it to my new TFC account manager.

Yes, MLSE said this past year would be the last year they would allow the transfer of seat rights.

Brooker
06-16-2009, 10:09 PM
did they ever give a reason? it's fucking lame.

Yohan
06-16-2009, 10:14 PM
do they need to?

(and you can't figure out why the FO would do this?)

Ratven
06-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Probably because they're eventually gonna try to sell us some seat ownership rights thing, where we 'own' the seats, and only then will we be able to transfer and shit.

Suds
06-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Probably because they're eventually gonna try to sell us some seat ownership rights thing, where we 'own' the seats, and only then will we be able to transfer and shit.

It's an attempt to stop people jumping the waiting list and allow people who have purchased partial packs and other promotional tickets to get on the waiting list a shot at season seats.

Dirk Diggler
06-16-2009, 10:26 PM

Its quite obvious why they'd do it.

arbogast
06-16-2009, 10:44 PM

Bingo! It's the first step toward seat licenses.

mastermixer
06-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Bingo! It's the first step toward seat licenses.

So what does that mean? Do we have to buy a license for our seat sometime soon? How much would that be?

Jack
06-17-2009, 07:49 AM
Guys, that's not on the cards yet, so let's not worry about it.

Plus, if you've already got seasons, they can't force you to pay for the licence.

Also, seat transfers between family members are still allowed. So perhaps this guy can be your step-brother for a while.

Steve
06-17-2009, 09:02 AM
I love how no matter what MLSE does, they're trying to screw over the fans in some way.

I'm not saying seat licences aren't being looked into. They probably are. That might even be part of the reason you can't transfer seats. But, as mentioned, it also helps every supporter on the waiting list right now.

Here is what would happen if you could still transfer to anyone you wanted to:

Person A no longer wants his season's ticket. Person B is next in line on the waiting list. Person A has two options, one, just let it lapse and not pay for it anymore, which would allow it to fall to person B (who would only have to pay the price of the ticket). Two, he sees the demand for tickets (14,000 on the waiting list) and puts his "ticket rights" up on craig's list. This will ensure he finds the person who is willing to pay the most for the right to purchase season tickets. He finds person C, who isn't on the waiting list (or is on the end) but is willing to pay $500 (not including ticket cost) for the rights to person A's tickets. The deal is done, Person C now has season's, and person B is still on the waiting list.

Essentially, MLSE is ensuring there isn't an uncontrolled secondary market for season seat rights. If they wanted there to be a market, they would introduce seat licences, which would allow people to treat their season's like a commodity. They still might do that, but the fact remains that for now, this policy is actually protecting everyone on the waiting list who doesn't want to be forced to pay a fee for the right to purchase tickets.

Jack
06-17-2009, 09:31 AM
I love how no matter what MLSE does, they're trying to screw over the fans in some way.

I'm not saying seat licences aren't being looked into. They probably are. That might even be part of the reason you can't transfer seats. But, as mentioned, it also helps every supporter on the waiting list right now.

Here is what would happen if you could still transfer to anyone you wanted to:

Person A no longer wants his season's ticket. Person B is next in line on the waiting list. Person A has two options, one, just let it lapse and not pay for it anymore, which would allow it to fall to person B (who would only have to pay the price of the ticket). Two, he sees the demand for tickets (14,000 on the waiting list) and puts his "ticket rights" up on craig's list. This will ensure he finds the person who is willing to pay the most for the right to purchase season tickets. He finds person C, who isn't on the waiting list (or is on the end) but is willing to pay $500 (not including ticket cost) for the rights to person A's tickets. The deal is done, Person C now has season's, and person B is still on the waiting list.

Essentially, MLSE is ensuring there isn't an uncontrolled secondary market for season seat rights. If they wanted there to be a market, they would introduce seat licences, which would allow people to treat their season's like a commodity. They still might do that, but the fact remains that for now, this policy is actually protecting everyone on the waiting list who doesn't want to be forced to pay a fee for the right to purchase tickets.
*claps*

Thank you for being sane!

mastermixer
06-17-2009, 09:45 AM
I completely agree with the new system, but at the same time I am damn glad I got in when I could!