PDA

View Full Version : Hello from an Englishman!

barbs_paul
06-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Hi all,

I’ve recently emigrated to Toronto from England. In the last couple of years I’ve followed TFC as closely as I could from England and now can’t wait to go to my first game over here.

Back home, I was a Birmingham City season ticket holder so hope that TFC will be a more than adequate substitute!

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself, and hope I’ll be able to catch up with some of you at future games.

Cheers.

anto7
06-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi all,

I’ve recently emigrated to Toronto from England. In the last couple of years I’ve followed TFC as closely as I could from England and now can’t wait to go to my first game over here.

Back home, I was a Birmingham City season ticket holder so hope that TFC will be a more than adequate substitute!

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself, and hope I’ll be able to catch up with some of you at future games.

Cheers.

Welcome to Canada and to TFC land !
I too am an Englishman although I have been here almost 20 years. I would suggest that you should lower your expectations a little since we certainly are not anywhere near Birmingham City standards. However I still believe that you will enjoy the team and the atmosphere is as close as it gets to a English match.
All the best

king dave
06-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Welcome aboard mate!
BC?
Alright then.
Can you toss paint on some fabric over a few pints?
Stay in touch here kiddo.
KD.

BC101
06-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Birmingham City? oh no not another one LOL... Welcome aboard.

king dave
06-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Never mind BC101, BP.
He doesn't get on here that often:D.
KD.

flatpicker
06-15-2009, 10:28 PM
welcome new friend!

as anto7 said, you better lower your expectations a bit after supporting Birmingham City.

But I hope you are enjoying the city of Toronto though.
I have enjoyed many visits to Birmingham... fine city... but I think Toronto will suit all your needs nicely.

Have you managed to get yourself tickets to TFC games yet?

H Bomb
06-15-2009, 10:31 PM
WHAAAA? We gotta have a chat my friend. And as a Bluenose you will fit right in with following TFC, as you probably already know. Also have a look for the BCFC thread in the international section as there are a few of us around....4 i think!

Welcome!!

TorCanSoc
06-15-2009, 10:32 PM
A Brit footie fan come to take our women, and drink our beer?!

Move along sir, move along!!

Ha! :) Welcome Paul ! Enjoy the beer and women.

BC101
06-15-2009, 10:34 PM
A Brit footie fan come to take our women, and drink our beer?!

Move along sir, move along!!

Ha! :) Welcome Paul ! Enjoy the beer and women.
We have women? LOL

king dave
06-15-2009, 10:34 PM
WHAAAA? We gotta have a chat my friend. And as a Bluenose you will fit right in with following TFC, as you probably already know. Also have a look for the BCFC thread in the international section as there are a few of us around....4 i think!

Welcome!!
I was thinking of you this very minute Matt!
Nice to read you tonight sir.
KD.

H Bomb
06-15-2009, 10:35 PM
I thought you thought of me every minute!

Us Blue boys are gaining numbers..soon Keep Right On will be louder than YNWA in the pubs!!!

flatpicker
06-15-2009, 10:38 PM
^ you are gonna have a gang soon! Now if only some Bristol Rovers fans can start moving to Toronto!
:)

BC101
06-15-2009, 10:39 PM
I thought you thought of me every minute!

Us Blue boys are gaining numbers..soon Keep Right On will be louder than YNWA in the pubs!!!
needs more villa supporters LOL JDG isn't enough. And he doesn't care as much as he should/could LOL.

H Bomb
06-15-2009, 10:41 PM
They got one on TV, that's all they need. Lets get back on topic, Birmingham/TFC supporters are clearly the most superior of all supporters.

End thread

king dave
06-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Had a kid in my hallway who was 'couch-surfing' and waiting for the hosts to arrive home from work one day last year.
He was from Birmingham City.
Invited him in for a couple of beers and had a great chat 'bout footy in BC.
Although not a supporter, he was very well versed in the 'way of the firms' on any given matchday.
Most enlightening.
KD.

Shway
06-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Welcome to Canada and to TFC land !
I too am an Englishman although I have been here almost 20 years. I would suggest that you should lower your expectations a little since we certainly are not anywhere near Birmingham City standards. However I still believe that you will enjoy the team and the atmosphere is as close as it gets to a English match.
All the best

what a joke of a comment

GhostPK
06-16-2009, 02:41 AM
Welcome from the West coast.

4evared
06-16-2009, 05:01 AM
My wifes family is from Birmingham. Solihull actually. Welcome to Toronto Mate. I am sure that you will settle in nicely, there are obviously differences between the cities but most of all is the big yellow thing in the sky, it is called the sun. Beware it will burn you Blue Boy!!!!!LOL. When you get tickets for a game PM me and I will give you the scoop an gameday.
:drum::drum:

Hi all,

Cheers.

flatpicker
06-16-2009, 07:03 AM
^ hey! Solihull... it was a Brummie girl that lived in Solihull who kept me going back to Birmingham.
I must admit, the Brummie accent took a moment to get used to.
Whenever she said my name Kyle, it always sounded like Koil.

Carter
06-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Hi all,

Cheers.

Welcome to the boards mate, if you are looking for some tickets PM me and ill see what i can do for you.

Pre-Game we have a tailgate every weekend home game so you can catch up with alot of the guys who have posted in this thread there, also we have a little pub that we chill at as well.

We have 5 home games left in our season, but a lot of us head over to our pub for away match viewings if we are not on the road trip. Hopefully your stay will be a long one.

^ hey! Solihull... it was a Brummie girl that lived in Solihull who kept me going back to Birmingham.
I must admit, the Brummie accent took a moment to get used to.
Whenever she said my name Kyle, it always sounded like Koil.

King Koil, its got a ring to it. ;)

KRO
06-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Welcome to Toronto from another Blues fan. We'll have to get together for a beer. I assume you are 19+?

H Bomb
06-16-2009, 07:20 AM
heyy, and Solihull's where I was born...didn't think it would come up on here without me bringing it up....good stuff

Davenport
06-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Hi all,

Cheers.

All the best mate.
We got here 20 years ago.....and we still love it.
It's a magic city, great country and hopefully with a proper manager, coach and surface...decent footy.
WWFC......!

Oldtimer
06-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Welcome to Toronto!

You'll find it's a very long wait to get season's tickets - best get on the list right away.
http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/ssh/renewal/#waitlist

Until then, you can often pick up tickets from the "Ticket Trader" forum here or on U-Sector.

Mark in Ottawa
06-16-2009, 08:02 AM
What Carter said...
Drop by the tailgate pre-game to put faces to names here on the board and who knows... you might even score a ticket at face value instead of scalper pricing!

Welcome but since you now live in Toronto I guess that rules you out of membership in the RPB "75 mile bastard" chapter ;)

barbs_paul
06-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Cheers for the replies everyone.

Been here for less than a week so far, so once I'm more settled, I'll definately take up the offer of meeting for a few beers and hopefully tickets to a game.

Was dissapointed to hear that there's a V***a fan on this message board - but pleased there are a few Blues fans. :)

And don't worry - as a Birmingham City fan I have NO expectations on quality of football, so TFC will suit me fine!

Catch up with you all soon.

P.S. If anyone has any bar jobs going, or an apartment for rent, please let me know!

BFin
06-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Welcome Barbs!

PM Me if you ever need any info on anything, or need to meet up with anyone at the tailgate to meet some of the lads.
Great to have you on board!

Toronto_Bhoy
06-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Welcome aboard B_P!

Oblio2
06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Welcome.
Englishman here too...been here since 93 when i was 18.
There's a lot of us....

barbs_paul
07-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Cheers for all the replies everyone.

Only got patchy Internet access at the moment, so missed out on getting a ticket for Saturday's match.

Don't suppose anyone has a spare ticket, and fancies dragging an ex-pat Burmmie along with them do they?

Cheers.

Derko
07-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Welcome aboard mate!!

Big Bruva
07-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Get in there Barbs lol nah welcome mate from a Londoner to a Brummie.

Don Julio
07-15-2009, 09:26 AM
since we certainly are not anywhere near Birmingham City standards.

Jesus. I think we all know this in our hearts, but to see it written on the screen like that - what a blow. :facepalm:

lufc1919
07-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Watch out for the Canadian women, there attracted to the accent and the money you have :D

manic.street.preacher
07-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Watch out for the Canadian women, there attracted to the accent and the money you have :D
^ yeeeah it's true, not gonna lie about that :D

anyways, welcome aboard mate!

English Rachel
07-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi Paul, welcome.

Stoke lass here, been here for 5 years. Staunch TFC fan but have let my love of the Potters slide a bit since being here (although I may have secured a home opener ticket for the 15th August).

Anyway, I think I have one spare ticket for the concacaf Puerto Rico game on the 29th if you like (I have a number of season tix in the section 116 - supporters end) so let me know if you want to go.

druid
07-15-2009, 07:51 PM

Welcome! :)

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the support but might have to lower your football expectations. On the plus side you can drink in the stands and won't have to watch Barry Fergusson stink it up. ;)

Canadian Blue
07-15-2009, 08:58 PM
You can have my ticket in 112 for this Saturday if you'd like.......Heart of Red Patch Country...

anto7
07-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Jesus. I think we all know this in our hearts, but to see it written on the screen like that - what a blow. :facepalm:
Sorry dude, just being honest unfortunately.

james
07-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Birmingham City are shite and always will be compared to Aston Villa:drinking:!

james
07-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Welcome! :)

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the support but might have to lower your football expectations. On the plus side you can drink in the stands and won't have to watch Barry Fergusson stink it up. ;)

except you cant drink in the stands this weekend. There is a ban on selling beer for the next match because of drunkness and selling to underage kids at the stadium, or so i have been told!

james
07-16-2009, 10:42 PM
heyy, and Solihull's where I was born...didn't think it would come up on here without me bringing it up....good stuff

i got some cousins and uncles in solihull to.