PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldo and Kaka status

auncivilized
06-15-2009, 06:41 PM
so from what a gather unless there is injury ronaldo and kaka must play 45mins not sure how concrete this information is has anyonr heard anything else.
although the friendly is coming at a very bad time and i rather it not happen i am very curious to how our defence will hold up against their super stars i think it will give us a very good idea of where we stand defensively

flatpicker
06-15-2009, 06:44 PM
where we stand defensively????

if you are gonna judge our defense based on how they do against players like Ronaldo and Kaka...
then your expectations are on the moon!

4evared
06-15-2009, 06:45 PM
I would be very surprised if either of those two will even show up.

CretanBull
06-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Real Madrid's youth team would tear apart our defense.

elvis
06-15-2009, 06:46 PM

Our D or K & R?

DOMIN8R
06-15-2009, 07:04 PM
^^^Touche!

Chevy
06-15-2009, 07:55 PM

Barring injury, they must play their first team.

Chevy
06-15-2009, 07:56 PM
And unfortunately, so must we.

Cuz
06-15-2009, 07:58 PM
ya, ronaldo looked real injured today when i saw him on TMZ, poolside, getting the rub down from some old dude. not gonna lie, it was kinda fucked up!

denime
06-15-2009, 08:15 PM
From what I heard MLSE renegotiated the contract with RM,for Kaka and Ronaldo to play 70 min instead of 45 minutes as previously negotiated.We have to remember that one clause in the contract said if players is on injured list he will not play.Last time I checked Ronaldo was injured ;)

ensco
06-15-2009, 08:21 PM
You know what's maybe the only surface players hate more than well-worn plastic?

Temporary grass.

If it doesn't take properly, it's got the stability of a thousand slick bath mats on a tile floor.

rocker
06-15-2009, 08:50 PM
ya, ronaldo looked real injured today when i saw him on TMZ, poolside, getting the rub down from some old dude. not gonna lie, it was kinda fucked up!

hahah. he also caught diseases from Paris Hilton while in LA the other day. They will keep him out of the TFC game due to STD treatment.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/stadium.weblogsinc.com/tmz/images/2009/06/Paris_hilton_cristiano_0_0002_Layer_1_full.jpg

Waggy
06-15-2009, 09:06 PM
hahah. he also caught diseases from Paris Hilton while in LA the other day. They will keep him out of the TFC game due to STD treatment.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/stadium.weblogsinc.com/tmz/images/2009/06/Paris_hilton_cristiano_0_0002_Layer_1_full.jpg

Why'd they only censor one of the cunts?

FluSH
06-15-2009, 09:07 PM

Can you imagine the Real Madrid After party in Toronto!

elvis
06-15-2009, 09:24 PM

LOL! ZING!

brad
06-15-2009, 09:41 PM
From what I heard MLSE renegotiated the contract with RM,for Kaka and Ronaldo to play 70 min instead of 45 minutes as previously negotiated.We have to remember that one clause in the contract said if players is on injured list he will not play.Last time I checked Ronaldo was injured ;)

Of course he is injured. He wouldn't want to injure himself fighting for his country's World Cup bid - risking potential injury from which he could possibly fail his Madrid medical and miss out on his big pay day.

That clause is meaningless though. Clubs get players out of international friendlies all the time - player picks up a knock in training, player is injured, player is okay 2 days later.

I do think that they will both be here though. Madrid has always played their stars in the past in pre-season friendlies, there is no reason to think this will be different.

InTheCrowd
06-15-2009, 09:47 PM

ZING!!!!!!

cougars732
06-15-2009, 09:54 PM
RM don't have to play either of them...first team is like 18 guys
they could both sit this one out
MLSE made a deal to play first team for 45 mins plus one super star...
raul counts as a superstar so we might not even see either of them

ExiledRed
06-15-2009, 09:58 PM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/ExiledRed/respect.jpg

robert32
06-16-2009, 08:11 AM
I was at the Emirates Cup last year in London. Saw Real Madrid vs Arsenal. Most of Real Madrid's stars played... but that was against Arsenal

Shaughno
06-16-2009, 08:14 AM

Because there is no way that's Ronaldo. His shirt and pants aren't pink or tight enough!

Nodoubtguy
06-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Its been said numerous times that Real wants to play in North America to gain exposure.....this is why I think we could see either Ronaldo or Kaka or maybe even both (even if it is just a 30 minute jog for them). What better way to make yourself noticed and get on the front pages of the papers then by playing two of the biggest soccer players on earth.

TorontoBlades
06-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Its been said numerous times that Real wants to play in North America to gain exposure.....this is why I think we could see either Ronaldo or Kaka or maybe even both (even if it is just a 30 minute jog for them). What better way to make yourself noticed and get on the front pages of the papers then by playing two of the biggest soccer players on earth.

Exactly - it's in Madrid's best interests to showcase their best players while over here. This is not a sympathy game for Real Madrid - they need exposure and they need to showcase what they are all about. In a time where Spain as a football nation and Barcelona as a football club are now considered to be the best of the best. There's no way a club with an ego like Midris is going to do anything put go balls in.

Pachuco
06-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Ronaldo hasn't even signed for Real Madrid last time I checked. Or did I miss some official news somewhere?

brad
06-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Ronaldo hasn't even signed for Real Madrid last time I checked. Or did I miss some official news somewhere?

Do you really think it's not going to happen?

trane
06-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Because there is no way that's Ronaldo. His shirt and pants aren't pink or tight enough!

That was exactly what I was thinking, that cannot be Rolando, his not dressed like a complete homosexual.

NateDoGG
06-16-2009, 11:52 AM

i agree
there is lots of national duty this off season
watch ronaldo and kaka not even come to toronto

Eastend
06-16-2009, 12:13 PM
My question has always been that since the contract signed between RM and TFC was done prior to either Kaka or CR signing with RM, do RM have to play either?

Pachuco
06-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Do you really think it's not going to happen?

Wierder things have happened before. Did you think he was going to stay at ManU last summer? Most people didn't.

Anyhow, that wasn't even my point. My point is he's not signed yet, so who knows if he'll be signed in time to make the roster for Aug 7th.

NateDoGG
06-16-2009, 12:19 PM
My question has always been that since the contract signed between RM and TFC was done prior to either Kaka or CR signing with RM, do RM have to play either?

another very good point.
and u know RM will try n get kaka and ronaldo out of these north american games vs tfc and dc, no point in playing them, they both will get their national duty in and that will be enough for their offseason matches prior to preSEASON training

brad
06-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Wierder things have happened before. Did you think he was going to stay at ManU last summer? Most people didn't.

Actually, I did think he would stay. He had no say in that situation, and Fergie was not going to sell him. This is completely different. Short of Madrid bankruptcy or Ronaldo failing the medical (which he has already passed), this move is happening.

Anyhow, that wasn't even my point. My point is he's not signed yet, so who knows if he'll be signed in time to make the roster for Aug 7th.

He will be signed by the June 30th.

Pachuco
06-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Actually, I did think he would stay. He had no say in that situation, and Fergie was not going to sell him. This is completely different. Short of Madrid bankruptcy or Ronaldo failing the medical (which he has already passed), this move is happening.

He will be signed by the June 30th.

Funny, the day I read today that Real Madrid set forth was July 7th. Goes to show you, nothing is in stone and you are only guessing at when he'll be signed. All it takes is for the process to get a little delayed and that's it.

Azerban
06-16-2009, 01:02 PM

hmmmmmm a good post on the Red Patch Boys Toronto FC Supporters Club Forums™

TorontoBlades
06-16-2009, 01:25 PM
another very good point.
and u know RM will try n get kaka and ronaldo out of these north american games vs tfc and dc, no point in playing them, they both will get their national duty in and that will be enough for their offseason matches prior to preSEASON training

guess I know that you didn't get tickets.....um hate much :)

real madrid WANTS to showcase their talent in North America, these North American games are exposure for the club...and opportunity not a burden