PDA

View Full Version : The teeter tottering TFC salary cap

Yohan
06-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Anyone else realize that Mo has used a lot of allocation money in order to keep the team salary below the cap?

And that next year, he'll have to make a lot of moves in order to fit the current cap?

A lot of risk, betting that the cap is going to be substiantially bigger (unless Mo has insider info).

If not, a lot of roster moves again...

Shakes McQueen
06-15-2009, 05:30 PM
CBA is up for renegotiation. He's probably counting on the cap going up enough to cover it

Vitti will also be gone, and (I assume) not renewed. Ricketts looks like he's probably gone. Dichio is (we assume) still retiring.

It's not as dire as it looks.

- Scott

rocker
06-15-2009, 05:31 PM
maybe he has Robinson on a lower number next year.
He also saves 120K if Dichio indeed retires.
Plus he can return Vitti to sender and gain 300K if need be.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Teams have shown they can make room, move guys to other teams for squat, whatever it takes to create space.

ExiledRed
06-15-2009, 05:31 PM
There's plenty of expensive dead weight we can shed.

Waggy
06-15-2009, 05:35 PM
There's plenty of expensive dead weight we can shed.

Understatement of the year haha. Well, if theres 2 things Mo has shown a constant ability to do well, its draft and stay within the cap. So we can worry about next year next year.

boban
06-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Understatement of the year haha. Well, if theres 2 things Mo has shown a constant ability to do well, its draft and stay within the cap. So we can worry about next year next year.
Actually I'm not even going to worry about that even next year.
That's the managers job.

Waggy
06-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Eyo! hahahaha. hey its a fans job too lol. just shouldnt be an owners.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-15-2009, 11:31 PM

Manipulating the salary cap is definitely one of Mo's better skills. Mo would make a good lawyer, or a crafty NHL executive.;) Yeah, I'm not too worried about our team's payroll status for next year.

CretanBull
06-16-2009, 12:08 AM
CBA is up for renegotiation. He's probably counting on the cap going up enough to cover it

That's true, but we'll be using that cap space to keep the team that we have while others will use that new cap space to improve their teams. As you point out though, Vitti is likely gone (or coming back at a reduced price) and there's some other contracts that will be coming off the books.

We'll be in 'ok' shape.