PDA

View Full Version : Should TFC Join a Different League?

New Fan
06-15-2009, 02:50 AM
I am a soccer fan...but am having a real hard time getting into the MLS...
It is glaringly obvious that the MLS is nothing more then a glorified ponzi scheme... You got teams in Houston and San Jose that give their tickets away, but still can't manage to draw 10 thousand fans...You have 17K showing up in LA because Beckham is not there
You have TV ratings in the US that make the NHL look big time... Fox actually recorded a 0.0 for a game...
Even in Canada over 100 thousand people wake up early in the morning to watch EPL...yet when TFC games are showin during prime time that they have a hard time cracking 60K... If TFC has their game on The Score, there are actually more fans at BMO,then watching the game across Canada.
I honestly believe that people in Canada like soccer (Euro 08 matches drew over a quarter million last year) and thus you have TFC with a 13K waiting list.... You have people in Vancouver scooping up 5000 tickets in a matter of hours. However when you look at the TV ratings you see that there is zero interest in the MLS.(the MLS allstar game got destoyed last year by the CFL)
I honestly believe that TFC (in an expanded BMO) would be a viable franchise in either the Mexican League, or in a Euopean League. If a European league was willing to take TFC on..obviously they would have to start in the bottom division...but honestly, how many teams in Mexico or Europe draw 30K per game?
As a matter of fact most Premier Leagues do not even average 30K per game.
If Vancouver and Montreal get on board...that would make the venture that much more viable.
A large aircraft could easily fit all three teams(Van,Mtl,TO) and fly them over to Europe.Then when a European team flew over... they could stay for 2 weeks and play 3 or 4 games.
The MLS will blow through this expansion money... they have already lost their contract with ESPN(they will not renew after getting 0.3 ratings)
I believe that Canadian soccer franchises should ban together and do somthing now...
The alternative is to sit around for three or four years and watch as the MLS implodes...Then you will have BMO field and it's 30000 season ticket holders(including the waiting list) scrambling to try to pull some kind of deal... but it will be too late...
Can you say BMO Field...home of the Toronto Argonauts...
Once the Argos are the lone tenant of BMO field...good luck at EVER restarting soccer in BMO in any capacity)
Act now before it is to late.....it's just a matter of time before the ponzi scheme comes crashing down...

CretanBull
06-15-2009, 02:57 AM
Hi, welcome to my ignore list. Goodbye.

Brooker
06-15-2009, 03:22 AM
my brain hurts. what in the fuck did i just read.

GhostPK
06-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Rather embarassing post.

King Tut
06-15-2009, 04:26 AM
You're smoking some great stuff man. :)

Shep
06-15-2009, 05:38 AM
This is the first thread I've rated as "terrible"... actually the first time I've used the rating tool.

Hopefully it will prevent others from making the same mistake we did in reading this.

Shakes McQueen
06-15-2009, 05:59 AM
Do you actually know what a Ponzi scheme is?

By your logic, how does any league that isn't one one of the big four major leagues survive then?

What a big concentrated pile of stupid that post is.

- Scott

Mikey
06-15-2009, 06:02 AM
Great post..... skipped meds or took too much?

(I think his tin foil hat might be a bit tight.....:rolleyes: )

TFCRegina
06-15-2009, 06:17 AM
A pile of shit wrapped up in shitty wrapping paper. If you're going to feed shit to people make it look good.

On top of that, TFC doesn't play games on the Score, why are you wasting your time talking about it. It's like saying "If 24 was shown on NBC, the ratings would be lower." Not only is 24 a Fox owned show, you have absolutely no basis for your statement. Congratulations, you officially suck.

djking2
06-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Perhaps there's an opening in a league on the planet your on?

Oblio2
06-15-2009, 06:57 AM
This is a great post.
On a Monday morning it makes me realise how normal I am and what muppets are out there, spewing their tripe.
Thanks!!!!

Alarius
06-15-2009, 07:04 AM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/milkdude/surprise_youre_a_retard.jpg

Phil
06-15-2009, 07:09 AM
To save this poor guy from the onslaught I am going to close this up.