PDA

View Full Version : Not gonna lie, feel horrible for Boyens

Corpand
06-15-2009, 12:07 AM
The kiwi played soso versus Italy in the friendly but was completely horrid versus Spain.

Good example here:
http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/new-zealand-0-5-spain-villa

I dont remember but did we simply release him or got something in return?

flatpicker
06-15-2009, 12:15 AM
I caught some of the game on tv today.

seriously... there was nothing the kiwis could have done to make it a close game.
it was lost before it started.

poor Boyens!

Canary Canuck
06-15-2009, 12:24 AM
The kiwi played soso versus Italy in the friendly but was completely horrid versus Spain.

Good example here:
http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/new-zealand-0-5-spain-villa

I dont remember but did we simply release him or got something in return?

He was simply released. He needed a trial with the Energy Drink to get a job

Dirk Diggler
06-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Yeah I feel horrible as well. He certainly could have done without the embarrassing Villa goal.

rocker
06-15-2009, 09:51 AM
i think he could have a decent career in the aussie league from what i've seen of their defenses!

Toronto Ruffrider
06-15-2009, 09:58 AM
That was pretty brutal. A one-sided loss was expected, but I'll bet that Andy wants that one back.

Lucky Strike
06-15-2009, 10:05 AM
I feel bad for him too, he was a good guy who gave it his all but I couldn't help but point and laugh when it happened yesterday.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Andy's flub kind of reminds me of the play in which Paul Robinson misfired on a back pass by Rio Ferdinand in Euro qualifying. Although the missed ball didn't go directly into the New Zealand net, the end result was a sure goal anyway.

If it's any consolation, Andy Boyens' mistake only served to pad Spain's lead. Had the goal been a game-winner, I'd bet Andy would feel much worse today.

TFC Cityboy
06-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Andy Boyens marking 'Nando Torres...there was only going to be one outcome.
I feel bad for the lad and hope he takes the positives away from the experience. He kept Torres off the scoresheet after the 18th minute!