PDA

View Full Version : Pre-match: 18 June Toronto FC vs Montreal Impact

Yohan
06-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Time to get pumped up!

I didn't put NCC as a priority this season, but man, winning this cup has come to mean a lot.

The win vs the Shite Bulls should give the lads a bit of momentum and some of the belief and confidence in themselves.

If there is time for the lads to show what they are made up of, it's this game.

Time to stand up and be counted. Let's really get behind the boys for this one!

Tic tac tabernak!

Yohan
06-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Who the FUCK is Impact?

Nuvinho
06-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Montreal Impact 1 - 5 Toronto FC

DeRo (PK) 11'
Gerba 23'
Gerba 42'
DeRo 63'
Dichio 75'
Some Montreal fool 83'

Super
06-14-2009, 02:02 PM
It's going to be a tough fixture indeed, but this one is for a trophy AND qualification to the Champions League. We have everything to win and nothing to lose at this point - since everyone wrote us off after the Vancouver defeat. Montreal has ZERO to play for and likely will rest some players (I hope). I can't wait till Thursday comes around and we head to Montreal.

Yohan
06-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Prediction for line up

------------Frei
--Attakora--Garcia--Serioux
-------Cronin---Robinson
--Harmse---Guevara---DeRosario
----------Vitti
--------------Dichio

Subs
Edwards
Gomez
Smith
Barrett
Ricketts
Gala
Ibrahim

*Assumes Gerba is not signed up yet. Even if he signs on Mon, how long does it take to process the paperwork?
*I believe in rewarding good game by players so Harmse in. Sub him out for Barrett or Ricketts if he doesn't impress by half time
*Gotta be aggressive from the start and take control of the game. Robbo and Cronin needs to work especially hard breaking up Mtl counterattacks and keeping possession of the ball

Nuvinho
06-14-2009, 02:07 PM
I think Brennan is suspended.......2 yellows in 2 games?

trane
06-14-2009, 02:07 PM
If we want to have a even remotely realistic change of scoring four we better sign Gerba, and play him and Dichio. 4-3-1-2;

---------------------------Frei-----------------------------

------------CB/Serioux---------CB/Garcia---------------------------
RB/Wynne--------------------------------------LB/Nana----------

------------DM/Cronin----CM/Guvarra-----DM/Robbo------------------

-------------------------AM/De Rosario----------------------------

-------------------S/Dichio---------------S/Gerba------------------

[ I woulb feel very good about this team by MLS standards, the back line would be as solid as we have every been, we have two solid DMs who can go both ways, the attack starts with Guevarra, and moves through to the other most creative AM we have De Ro, and then moves to two strikers who have shown they will not hesitate to shot and score, and whose physicality will give CBs trouble.

If Gerba is not signed. Then back and mid stay the same but Vitti and De Ro Play AM, with Dichio as the lone striker.

Nuvinho
06-14-2009, 02:08 PM
------------Frei
-------Cronin---Robinson
-----Guevara---DeRosario
Barrett------------------Vitti
--------------Dichio

Yohan
06-14-2009, 02:10 PM
I think Brennan is suspended.......2 yellows in 2 games?
Oh right. Gala in for Brennan then.

edited my post

If we want to have a even remotely realistic change of scoring four we better sign Gerba, and play him and Dichio. 4-3-1-2;

---------------------------Frei-----------------------------

------------CB/Serioux---------CB/Garcia---------------------------
RB/Wynne--------------------------------------LB/Nana----------

------------DM/Cronin----CM/Guvarra-----DM/Robbo------------------

-------------------------AM/De Rosario----------------------------

-------------------S/Dichio---------------S/Gerba------------------

[ I woulb feel very good about this team by MLS standards, the back line would be as solid as we have every been, we have two solid DMs who can go both ways, the attack starts with Guevarra, and moves through to the other most creative AM we have De Ro,

Wynne is away on USMNT duties

trane
06-14-2009, 02:21 PM
^ I forgot that the US was in south africa.

Nuvinho
06-14-2009, 04:29 PM
No Harmse as well, he is suspended as per dobson.

Nuvinho
06-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Okay.....there are different reports about yellow cards.

Who is suspended for the game in Montreal? Harmse? Brennan? Both?

rocker
06-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Brennan has 1 yellow in the tournament, according to the wikipedia.
when did he get a second yellow?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Canadian_Championship

Nuvinho
06-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Brennan has 1 yellow in the tournament, according to the wikipedia.
when did he get a second yellow?

Dobson:

- During the Vancouver game said that Brennan would miss the Montreal game because he had too many yellows
- Yesterday during the NYRB game, he said Harmse will miss the game because of too many yellows

I know Dobson gets stuff wrong all the time, just trying to figure out which one he got wrong.

Super
06-14-2009, 07:45 PM
I wonder if there are people who decide last-minute to go to Montreal anyway. It's a long-shot for us to win this thing 4-0, but it's still a game for our first EVER title. Would be a shame to miss that for people.

FluSH
06-14-2009, 07:51 PM
I wonder if there are people who decide last-minute to go to Montreal anyway. It's a long-shot for us to win this thing 4-0, but it's still a game for our first EVER title. Would be a shame to miss that for people.

I was actually planning on going after the fact... (the fact beign that we lost to Vancouver and have to pray for a miracle) however I can't get this day off unfortunately...

drek
06-14-2009, 07:53 PM
I would love to go but I'm working thursday afternoon shift :(

billyfly
06-14-2009, 08:01 PM
I believe the game should officially be named the "Montreal Miracle".

Rename the thread!

Super
06-14-2009, 08:16 PM
I was actually planning on going after the fact... (the fact beign that we lost to Vancouver and have to pray for a miracle) however I can't get this day off unfortunately...

Oh, I understand that it's impossible for a lot of people to go since it's a weekday. However, I know of quite a few people who decided against going because of the Vancouver defeat (meaning they did have the option to take off work). We'll need the help there, though. I know Montreal is preparing a big "let's laugh at TFC" fest - and it would suck to show up in small numbers.

grizzle
06-14-2009, 09:20 PM
I'll be in MTL.. where are people meeting beforehand?

Super
06-14-2009, 09:43 PM
I think most are settled on the Peel pub. Not too sure, though. Confirmation?

jloome
06-14-2009, 11:38 PM

Ah, many a drunken youthful evening spent at one of the Peel Pubs. Or being thrown out of one of the Peel pubs.

etro
06-15-2009, 12:09 AM
It's going to be a tough fixture indeed, but this one is for a trophy AND qualification to the Champions League. We have everything to win and nothing to lose at this point - since everyone wrote us off after the Vancouver defeat. Montreal has ZERO to play for and likely will rest some players (I hope). I can't wait till Thursday comes around and we head to Montreal.

I thought based on the Canada Cup rules its impossible for us to qualify?

Isn't the rule if the two teams are tied in points, they look at goal different between the two tied teams instead of total goal differential... in which case, Vancouver would automatically qualify?

Super
06-15-2009, 01:32 AM
I thought based on the Canada Cup rules its impossible for us to qualify?

Isn't the rule if the two teams are tied in points, they look at goal different between the two tied teams instead of total goal differential... in which case, Vancouver would automatically qualify?

I thought that too, but apparently it's overall goalscore against all teams that dictate the winner in the case of a tie. So we're still in this one!

Super
06-15-2009, 01:40 AM
http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=3687

This article confirms it as well. If we beat Montreal by 4 goals we take the title and win access to the Champions League. Too lazy to find other sources ;)

Shep
06-15-2009, 06:20 AM
I hope they go into this no holds barred, no pussyfooting about the box with extra passing, just bang-bang-bang try to get the ball in the net every small chance we have.

Wish I could go down, stuck working all day and wouldn't get there in time :(. My local PDL club is playing so I'll go to that and leave early to make sure I don't miss one minute of this.

I'm excited, I have faith we can pull it off if we play right. But I'm also not going to get my hopes up too high, I don't want to be devastated again if we don't manage the cup.

Super
06-15-2009, 12:53 PM
I wonder if we sign Gerba if he'll be available for the MTL game? I'm really keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

el rojo fanatico
06-15-2009, 12:56 PM
PUKE, I thought we learned from the honduras home game

Super
06-15-2009, 01:18 PM
PUKE, I thought we learned from the honduras home game

Yes, that's right. I forgot all about that. Some people got pretty sick from the place. Guess I lucked out by not eating there.

billyfly
06-15-2009, 01:30 PM
^ Who is going there to eat?? I isn't.

Yohan
06-15-2009, 01:34 PM
^ Who is going there to eat?? I isn't.
i think I'm going to have some poutine at La Banquise before getting drunk at this pub

Super
06-15-2009, 04:19 PM
This thread deserves a sticky. It keeps falling down the list.

Section 117
06-15-2009, 04:35 PM
we are going to drop five on Montreal.

Then we are going to lift the trophy in their house

Yohan
06-15-2009, 04:46 PM
we are going to drop five on Montreal.

Then we are going to lift the trophy in their house
then Dichio will rip off Placentino's head and put shit down his neck:cool:

Super
06-15-2009, 06:25 PM
If we beat Montreal by 4 it will be the party of the century. Our first trophy AND won in Montreal. Couldn't be sweeter. Here's to hoping!

profit89
06-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Tik Tak Tabernaque................

devioustrevor
06-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Would it be considered bad form to wear a FC London scarf along with my TFC one at the game?

Nazzer
06-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Brennan is not suspended but Harmse is, also Nevio Pizzolito is suspended due to 2 yellows.

Super
06-15-2009, 09:12 PM
I hope we get some news about Gerba tomorrow. I'd love to see him sign with the club - and come with us to Montreal.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-15-2009, 09:18 PM
TFC 3 MTL 0 they will go down fighting but will pay the price for not scoring enough at home..but there is always hoping for a miracle!!:scarf:

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Brennan is not suspended but Harmse is, also Nevio Pizzolito is suspended due to 2 yellows.

i think Brennan is suspended..it was announced on the last Canadian championship game he was

FluSH
06-15-2009, 09:20 PM
I hope on tomorrow we write history... it's a long shot... but it's still a shot...

BFin
06-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Meeting at Maclean's

Nazzer
06-16-2009, 01:51 AM
i think Brennan is suspended..it was announced on the last Canadian championship game he was

and

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/men/canadianchampionship/stats/

both show Brennan as having only 1 card. He is not suspended.

and then there's the summarys found on TFC's site

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090507&content_id=249555&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090513&content_id=252834&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090603&content_id=5116992&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

None of those sources list Brennan as having more than one yellow.

Also, interesting to note in this story from the CSA they clearly outline the tiebreaker scenarios if there are still people confused.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=3671

SCENARIOS FOR 18 JUNE FOLLOWING WHITECAPS FC 2:0 WIN OVER TORONTO FC ON 2 JUNE
* A Toronto FC loss or draw to Montréal, regardless of score – Vancouver wins championship
* A Toronto FC victory by three goals or less in difference, regardless of score – Vancouver wins championship
* A Toronto FC victory by 4+ goals in difference, regardless of score – Toronto wins championship

zeelaw
06-16-2009, 08:41 AM
4 gollasos come on

rocker
06-16-2009, 09:32 AM
ya i don't see any indication Brennan is suspended. The only source is apparently Gerry Dobson, who can't tell Vitti from Barrett with his own eyes ;)
Or perhaps Dobson was thinking that Brennan won't play because of the ankle injury. I dunno, but unless Brennan got a card after a game and it's not on the reports, he has 1 yellow card. Nobody gets suspended in tournaments for 1 yellow card.

Inswingingwingman
06-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Call Brender Errving, she'll know. Or that Gina chick, she won't know.

billyfly
06-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Thursday MTL weather - Cloudy with Showers

Low of 14 C.

Bring RED rain jackets.

Platts
06-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Ya looks like rain for sure.....But remember we never lose in the rain....we don't often get 4 either :-\

JamboAl
06-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Environment Canada has changed its mind: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/qc-147_metric_e.html

grizzle
06-16-2009, 11:51 AM

http://footytweets.com/toronto/news/95532

Super
06-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Sunny with cloudy periods - low of 15 and high of 25. Very nice. Should be a beautiful day to lift our first trophy.

Yohan
06-16-2009, 12:00 PM
http://footytweets.com/toronto/news/95532

Jimmy can warm the bench for this one.

too important to risk his defensive lapses on the most critical game this season so far

I'm going to be mildly annoyed if Cummins play 4 in the back

Nuvinho
06-16-2009, 12:05 PM
3 backs:

Nana--Garcia--Serioux

Here is a question I didn't think of til now. In Europe, players are cup tied if they switch teams. I don't think the same rules apply here....else Garcia wouldn't be playing.

Bobo
06-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Jimmy can warm the bench for this one.

too important to risk his defensive lapses on the most critical game this season so far

I'm going to be mildly annoyed if Cummins play 4 in the back

But being the most critical game, I doubt we'll drop our captain if he's fit, though I would like to see:

Frei
--Attakora---Garcia---Serioux--
-----Robbo-----Cronin-----
---------Guevara--------
--Ricketts----Vitti----De Ro--
-----Dichio-----

Unless Gerba signs in the next couple days, which I doubt. Bit of a slow backline, maybe swap Garcia for Jimmy, though you're hardly gaining a hell of a lot of speed.

Yohan
06-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Dear players of Toronto FC,

Thursday is coming soon, and it is probably one of the most crucial games in our team's young history. Many of you have played in bigger and more important games in your career, but for me, a Toronto FC supporter, this game has potential to be THE GAME of the season.

I know it'll be tough to win the game, needing 4 goals to win the trophy and I recognize that putting 4 goals away in Montreal is going to be tough. So I don't need for you to win; rather, that all of you play to best of your ability for the full 90mins, until the last whistle of the game.

All of you are talented, and can play the game. But you guys always don't play your heart out for some reason.
Many of you said that you appreciate the supporters are doing. That's cool. But show that you really do appreciate it by giving your all. Show me that you really do want to payback all the loyal support that the fans give you by playing to best of your ability.

I will be among couple of hundreds of Reds supporters at the Bakery, singing and cheering my heart out, because I truly want to believe in you guys, and I know you guys are capable of doing the near impossible.

So wear the jersey with pride and play, and make me, and rest of the Toronto FC supporters proud.

All my love,
-A Toronto FC supporter

Rudi
06-16-2009, 12:17 PM
3 backs:

Nana--Garcia--Serioux

Here is a question I didn't think of til now. In Europe, players are cup tied if they switch teams. I don't think the same rules apply here....else Garcia wouldn't be playing.
How would he be cup tied in a tournament he never played in?

The same rules do apply here, but since Garcia never played in the Canadian Championship this year, he's free to play for TFC.

Last year Tony Donatelli was traded from Vancouver to Montreal after having played for the Whitecaps in a Cup match. He was cup-tied and couyldn't play for Montreal for the rest of the Cup matches, but was eligible to play in the USL and CCL (which is technically a different tournament).

Darlofletch
06-16-2009, 12:18 PM
3 backs:

Nana--Garcia--Serioux

It's only if they've played in the same competition for another team, he hasn't played in the voyageurs cup this season so that should be no problem. Unless there's some rule Im not aware of.

I'm not optimistic, but I can't quite crush the 1% feeling I have that we might do this.:scarf:

Carts
06-16-2009, 12:24 PM
How about this formation (seeing as we need 4-goals)...

-----------------------------Frei---------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Serioux,Cronin,Robo,Guevara,Dichio,Vitti,DeRo,Barr et,Ibrahim,Brennan

Maybe with 10-strikers we can score 4...

Carts...

Nuvinho
06-16-2009, 12:27 PM
^^

I got one better, since we know Barrett can't score

-----------------------------Barrett---------------------------------
Serioux,Cronin,Robo,Guevara,Dichio,Vitti,DeRo,Frei ,Ibrahim,Brennan

Carts
06-16-2009, 12:32 PM
^^

:D That's priceless! Made me laugh out loud here at work...!!!

AWESOME!
Carts...

shawn6597
06-16-2009, 12:43 PM
-----------------------------Edwards---------------------------------

This one is EVEN betterrrrrr

poppamidnight
06-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Okay, last week I went out on a limb and said Vitti would silence doubters....

While he didn't net a goal, or silence all doubters, he was undoubtedly our best player on the pitch last game.....

That said, I think he'll carry his play over to tomorrow's game.

I hope he plays the right side again,

Optimistic prediction = 2 Assists on a Gerba Hat-Trick, 1 Assist on a Dichio Header + 1 Goal,

Realistic prediction on Vitti = 1 Goal + 1 Assist,

Although my $$$ is on Amado to step up in Montreal... Everybody will be eyes on Gerba, but lets not overlook our best player... el lobo!!!

EDIT: Lineup Prediction

------------Frei
-------Cronin---Robinson
--Vitti---Guevara---DeRosario
--------Gerba------Dichio

Musse
06-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Dear TFC,

Please, Please, Please win 4-0.

My Predication: 4-1....then i will cry

Alarius
06-17-2009, 12:07 PM
:drinking:1-1.. there I said it..

TFC OZZ
06-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Okay, last week I went out on a limb and said Vitti would silence doubters....

and he didn't, he blew one of the easiest breakaways i've ever seen

While he didn't net a goal, or silence all doubters, he was undoubtedly our best player on the pitch last game.....

definitely disagree. I thought Garcia, Guevera, Cronin, and De Ro all contributed more

I'm gonna go out and say TFC 2-0. Serioux, and De Ro bagging the goals.

poppamidnight
06-17-2009, 12:53 PM
definitely disagree. I thought Garcia, Guevera, Cronin, and De Ro all contributed more

I'm gonna go out and say TFC 2-0. Serioux, and De Ro bagging the goals.

GolTV is running the condensed version of the game, since you evidently missed it,

Cronin was only noticable twice: - The Goal, and one defensive play in the 2nd half....

Edit: My bad on the Serioux misread... None the less his bad play could actually warrent being removed from the starting XI vs, MTL
Possibly leaving your "Serioux" goal in doubt

De Ro didn't show up until the 2nd half,

Guevara was solid - the only one that really contended w/ Vitti

Darlofletch
06-17-2009, 01:21 PM
GolTV is running the condensed version of the game, since you evidently missed it,

Cronin was only noticable twice: - The Goal, and one defensive play in the 2nd half....

Serioux: What?? What??? how was he one of our top guys last game? Every play the attacker blew by him, he was downright awfull... I actually had him down as one of our 3 worst players that game!!!

Holy smokes man, He looked like Frank 'Big Hurt' Thomas trying to keep pace with Usain Bolt

De Ro didn't show up until the 2nd half,

Guevara was solid - the only one that really contended w/ Vitti

look at his post again, since you evidently misread it. He mentions, Garcia, Cronin, Guevara and De Ro. I'll join him by mentioning Harmse.

Are you Vitti's dad or something? Do you actually believe everything you post about him or are you just having fun with people like myself who somehow can't stop themselves from pointing out how ridiculous your opinion of Vitti is?

I dread to think what you'll be saying when he does actually score a goal.

poppamidnight
06-17-2009, 01:32 PM
look at his post again, since you evidently misread it. He mentions, Garcia, Cronin, Guevara and De Ro. I'll join him by mentioning Harmse.

Are you Vitti's dad or something? Do you actually believe everything you post about him or are you just having fun with people like myself who somehow can't stop themselves from pointing out how ridiculous your opinion of Vitti is?

I dread to think what you'll be saying when he does actually score a goal.

Yea, my bad... fixed... and none the less the horrible Serioux play last game (as my edit says) would warrent consideration of him being taken outta the starting 11...

And no, I dislike Vitti...
Just think propoganda/ridiculous thoughts spread by Craig Forrest + others on this board,
who somehow think Chad Barrett is a superstar who'se just 'hit a rut', yet rip Vitti without mercy,

Vitti = loan deal... Bye Bye any time we want,
Barrett = 4 yr extension last yr... Less easy to rid ourselves of

Darlofletch
06-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Yea, my bad... fixed... and none the less the horrible Serioux play last game (as my edit says) would warrent consideration of him being taken outta the starting 11...

And no, I dislike Vitti...
Just think propoganda/ridiculous thoughts spread by Craig Forrest + others on this board,
who somehow think Chad Barrett is a superstar who'se just 'hit a rut', yet rip Vitti without mercy,

Vitti = loan deal... Bye Bye any time we want,
Barrett = 4 yr extension last yr... Less easy to rid ourselves of

Fair enough, i feel the same way about Barrett, i've given up on him, but can't believe how much people (quite often you) shit on him while simultaneously loving Vitti, so i find myself defending him when i don't actually want to on the countless Vitti vs Barrett threads.

We've apparently got some kind of co-dependent perpetual motion argument going on. Someone says something bad about Barrett and praises Vitti, which forces me to overpraise Barrett and shit on Vitti, which forces you to overpraise Vitti and shit on Barrett, which forces me to...etc and etc and so on and so forth. Ah, the internet, can't we all just be friends and admit that neither of them could score in a brothel :grouphug:.

Now that we've got rid of Smith and Ricketts and got gerba to go up front, hopefully, Vitti and Barrett can both officially become wingers and not be expected to score, probably for the best all round.

Anyway, back to topic, this game should be entertaining as we're going to have to go "balls to the wall"* right from the off. I'll say we win 3-1.

*remember back in the day when the leafs made the playoffs, they were facing elimination against new Jersey and Garry Valk promised they'd be going balls to the wall. the result? a shutout with only 6 shots all game.

Redpunkfiddle
06-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Well here is some locker room motivation: CONCACAF has set the schedule for the preliminary round, and the Canada slot home match vs. Puerto Rico is set for July 28, with a 10pm start time. They've written you off, boys- show them how its done.

flatpicker
06-17-2009, 02:37 PM
"Hey Montreal... EAT IT!"

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/waitingforsimon/misc/hotfuzz.gif

Bobo
06-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Does anyone have TFC chants in mpgs? Was never able to grab that CD and its a long way to Montreal....

Angelo1405
06-17-2009, 05:58 PM
A 3-5-2 (3-3-2-2) would be nice...

------------Buffon-----------
----Puyol-Ferdinand-Vidic----
-Alves----Gatusso------Maicon
-------Kaka---Ronaldo-------
---F. Torres---------Robinho

Never mind the dream team, theres no way TFC cant score 4 with this formation

manic.street.preacher
06-17-2009, 07:59 PM
^^

^made my day :D

ps i would do pretty much anything to ensure we win 4-0

pps realistically, i'm calling 2-1 TFC victory

ppps flats, hot fuzz roz my sox, now i have to go get my simon pegg fix

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 07:54 AM
-----------Frei
---Nana--Garcia--Serioux
----------Robbo
----Cronin-----Guevara
----------DeRo
---Vitti---Dichio--Barrett

Yohan
06-18-2009, 09:01 AM
do NOT go to Peel Pub for pregame tonight. the new location is McLean's which is like two doors down

Cobblers
06-18-2009, 09:14 AM
But being the most critical game, I doubt we'll drop our captain if he's fit, though I would like to see:

Frei
--Attakora---Garcia---Serioux--
-----Robbo-----Cronin-----
---------Guevara--------
--Ricketts----Vitti----De Ro--
-----Dichio-----

Unless Gerba signs in the next couple days, which I doubt. Bit of a slow backline, maybe swap Garcia for Jimmy, though you're hardly gaining a hell of a lot of speed.

This is pretty much the lineup i would go with, with the only exception being Jimmy in for Ricketts (I would have done this even before Ricketts was released...)

mastermixer
06-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Looks like rain for the match tonight...

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caqc0363

Question is.. will that keep goal totals high or low?

Intru
06-18-2009, 10:27 AM
We will be waiting for you guys on they Island of Enchantment, good luck jejeje

CanadianSwede
06-18-2009, 10:34 AM
In my opinion. This is the biggest game in TFC's history. We need silverware. I am confident that it may just happen that we will get 4 goals. Remember back to that sweet night when Santos scored 5? Tears of joy shall flow once again I hope.

Lennon
06-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Some good news for us ...

A few regular players will not play Thursday. Mauro Biello (clavicle), Adam Braz (thigh), Cédric Joqueviel (thigh), Patrick Leduc (foot) et Pa Amadou Gai (thigh) will miss the game due to injuries.

Forward Eduardo Sebrango is in Cuba until Sunday for personal reasons. He will miss the games against Toronto and Vancouver.

Defender Zanzan is currently with Togo’s National Team in the second qualifying game against Morocco Saturday. Zanzan will be back in Montreal Sunday.

Central defender Nevio Pizzolitto should not play Thursday but may start the game against Vancouver Saturday.

“We need to put our priorities in the right place. The game against Vancouver on Saturday is more important, so in terms of recuperation, we need to rest certain players on Thursday,” explained Montreal Impact head coach Marc Dos Santos. “Out of respect for the fans, the players on the field tomorrow will need to play with honour and passion. We will be determined not to give anything to Toronto.”

Central defender Stefano Pesoli should play his first season game on Thursday. Pesoli underwent knee surgery during the off season, while central defender Elkana Mayard, called up from the Trois-Rivières Attak, May 29, should start a fourth consecutive game on Thursday.

Oldtimer
06-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Looks like rain for the match tonight...

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caqc0363

Question is.. will that keep goal totals high or low?

On grass, it probably won't make that much of a difference.

TFC USA
06-18-2009, 11:39 AM
We win 2-0. Goals from Dichio and Guevara.

Anyone else notice that Montreal plays on Saturday against Vancouver in the USL game? I know they suck donkey cock but 2 games in 3 days seems kinda extreme.

greatwhitenorf
06-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Well, if Toronto is going to ever win by a big margin, this is their best chance. Montreal have made it clear they're running out some squids and sitting regulars.

This is a nothing game for them. But the weekend tilt with Vancouver means much more. Great way to build up interest in the game - i.e. sell tickets, get coverage - is to have a little controversy proceed Vancouver's visit. I bet there's more than a little grudge between these two USL teams as Vcr is moving first to MLS.

By making it as easy as possible for us to win big, they set the stage accordingly. Since we don't play again until next Wednesday night, no reason to hold back our best players.

Nice, too, that the Red Burps have to play on Saturday night in a tough game at home against Seattle. Help to soften them up for us in what could be the death knell of their season should they lose here.

We're seeing some luck break our way and here's hoping the team takes full advantage.

TFC USA
06-18-2009, 12:27 PM
That Vancouver game will be shown live on the CBC as part of Soccer Day in Canada.

So yeah I can expect almost quality footy. :D

06-18-2009, 12:31 PM
I'll promise you one thing.

If we put two in the net, Montreal is NOT going to kill themselves to counter. As has been stated 1000 times already, the game means nothing to them.

Are they going to throw it from the opening whistle? No. They have pride. But if they get down in the match, they're NOT going to kill themselves to stop the third or fouth goal from going in. They'll be looking forward to Saturday. A match of worth to them.

SmokedPanda
06-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Adam Braz was on montreal's team 990 radio station and said he will not be playing tonight.... he's out for another 2 weeks

SmokedPanda
06-18-2009, 01:02 PM
“Even if we are eliminated, the game is significant to us,” noted defender Nevio Pizzolitto. “We don’t want to lose against Toronto, especially not at home in front of our fans. We also want to show that we are at the same level by clinching a first victory against Toronto FC.”

“We will approach this game like all others and especially come out strong on defense as always,” said midfielder Sandro Grande. “There is a great rivalry with Toronto. We don’t need to mention it because it’s something that we feel at every game against this team. We are conscious that it will be a tough game. We need to enter the field with a winning mentality.”

A few regular players will not play Thursday. Mauro Biello (clavicle), Adam Braz (thigh), Cédric Joqueviel (thigh), Patrick Leduc (foot) et Pa Amadou Gai (thigh) will miss the game due to injuries.

Forward Eduardo Sebrango is in Cuba until Sunday for personal reasons. He will miss the games against Toronto and Vancouver.

Defender Zanzan is currently with Togo’s National Team in the second qualifying game against Morocco Saturday. Zanzan will be back in Montreal Sunday.

Central defender Nevio Pizzolitto should not play Thursday but may start the game against Vancouver Saturday.

Nuvinho
06-18-2009, 01:03 PM
The real miracle worker:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/05/25/guevara_amado_courtesy_400.jpg

morgank1986
06-18-2009, 03:38 PM
C2B8APzPjsM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2B8APzPjsM)

ManUtd4ever
06-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I still can't believe that it's come down to a near impossible mission in order for TFC to advance. The effort at Swangard Stadium was inexcusable and marred an otherwise dominant performance by TFC in the NCC tournament. I predict a 2-0 victory for TFC in vain as we will have to wait yet another year for a shot at emerging as the best team in (sigh) Canada...

Hooligan69
06-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Where to go to watch the game? I'm bored sitting around the house.

:eek:

dupont
06-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Anyone found any upcoming live streams online for this? I dont have sportnet on my tv..

TFCinVANCOUVER
06-18-2009, 06:27 PM
I'll be ok with having diarrhea for 2 weeks straight if we pull it off tonight
:leaving:

Waggy
06-18-2009, 06:31 PM
I'll be ok with having diarrhea for 2 weeks straight if we pull it off tonight
:leaving:

Man, my drive home today, I was daydreaming about if Danny scored in injury time to give us the 4-0. I think I'd be screaming GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL for a solid 2 weeks. PLUS diarrhea.

COOOOME ON YOU RREEEEEEDSSSSS

Batman
06-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Man, my drive home today, I was daydreaming about if Danny scored in injury time to give us the 4-0. I think I'd be screaming GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL for a solid 2 weeks. PLUS diarrhea.

COOOOME ON YOU RREEEEEEDSSSSS

And you HAD to add that last part!

Waggy
06-18-2009, 06:49 PM
And you HAD to add that last part!

Come on you runs just doesn't have the same ring to it though! lol. Besides, you know when your dropping one thats so imposing, you just need to grunt? Just change the grunt to GOAL lol.

And in seriousness, I wasn't intending to get too up for this game, given the odds and everything, but its 15 min before kickoff and I"m READY TO GO!

NOTHINGS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wheres the KG emicon?!)

Toronto 5, Montreal 1, De Rosario's #1!

stretchthetruth
06-18-2009, 07:02 PM
do they already have vancouver colours tied to the cup?!?

Batman
06-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Closing thread now. Game thread now open.