PDA

View Full Version : Red Bulls vs. TFC - Post Game Thread..

Dub Narcotic
06-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Have at it...

yanggoh
06-13-2009, 09:08 PM
not so much a testament to our quality as it was a reminder of just how shite the red bulls really are...

rocker
06-13-2009, 09:09 PM
nice to get a win. hard to tell really tho what this means. NY is pretty bad (see that Kanji shot near the end? ugh.) But I guess when an animal is wounded, sometimes they'll come out fighting, as NY did in the second half.

Some good signs tho --> play of Nana, for the most part.. Garcia looks useful if slow.. Amado was solid if tired. Still not linking up the way you'd like.

But they did what they had to. The followup game against NY should be interesting. two teams with good knowledge of each other.

jloome
06-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Man, are they ever.....

TFC USA
06-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I'll take the 3 points even though it was the Shite Bulls.

So we were 2-0 up at the half with Barrett not playing? This gives me an idea...:D

Oh yeah, are we the worst penalty-taking team in the history of football? No way can we miss 5 penalties in a row dating back to last year AND lose in a penalty shootout against Pachuca.

rocker
06-13-2009, 09:12 PM
i was glad to see us finally get a penalty shot tho... finally something goes our way in that regard.

also, NY now has 10 losses. If they lose 2 more games this season they are pretty much done for the playoffs. Last year the most losses a team had while still making the playoffs was 11.

TFC USA
06-13-2009, 09:12 PM
The RBNY announcers were too cheap to hop across the border (New York borders Ontario FFS) and called the game from a studio according to the Shite Bulls board. Listen to Shep Messing and you'll long for Jason DeVos.

Kaz
06-13-2009, 09:14 PM
well we are 4 games into the middle third of the season, last year we had 21 points by this point.
in the preceding 6 games we lost 4... tied 1 and one 1.

so in the next 6 games if we can win 2 we will have surpassed our points from last year. how ever I'm not satisfied with anything less then at least 7 points from the next 6

Kaz
06-13-2009, 09:17 PM
The RBNY announcers were too cheap to hop across the border (New York borders Ontario FFS) and called the game from a studio according to the Shite Bulls board. Listen to Shep Messing and you'll long for Jason DeVos.
NYC is a fair distance from Toronto, it's a good 5 hour drive..it's not like Buffalo.

Redcoe15
06-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Man, I'd hate to think how they'd have played if it were anyone other than Red Bulls is Shite! They came out strong in the first half, but let them back in in the second. The fact that we allowed Red Bulls is Shite to score, their first road goal of the season, is embarassing. I suppose a win is a win, but they can't play like that if they're up against quality opposition or they'll get burned. See Houston.

TFC USA
06-13-2009, 09:19 PM
NYC is a fair distance from Toronto, it's a good 5 hour drive..it's not like Buffalo.

So it's probably not even a 70 minute plane ride.

rocker
06-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Man, I'd hate to think how they'd have played if it were anyone other than Red Bulls is Shite! They came out strong in the first half, but let them back in in the second. The fact that we allowed Red Bulls is Shite to score, their first road goal of the season, is embarassing. I suppose a win is a win, but they can't play like that if they're up against quality opposition or they'll get burned. See Houston.

true.. although that's the way an average team goes I think.
you hopefully beat the teams worse than you, and you probably get beaten by those better than you.
TFC is right in the middle... Houston is also kicking everyone's butt right now.

DoubleUp
06-13-2009, 09:23 PM
we need to retool the middle for sure next season, guevera is not really cutting it and robbo looks like he lost a step

TFC USA
06-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Guevara I'm sure is dead tired having played his 3rd game in a week in his 3rd different city. I'd rest him for a game. Robbo has been off.

I have a full-on boner for Cronin at this point.

Kaz
06-13-2009, 09:27 PM
So it's probably not even a 70 minute plane ride.
plus the hour of boarding time, customs, and the such still ends up being a long trip with little return..
I don't disagree though

Dub Narcotic
06-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Good scrapping win, although probably a bit of luck too.. The wide areas were a real problem today, but half the time I don't think the players know where they are supposed to be, the formation changes so much. Also, Serioux and Garcia are good in the middle but they cannot be exposed on the wings, they are both too slow.

DoubleUp
06-13-2009, 09:37 PM
all that aside We're still gonna need a new fresh mid field. all the teams with vibrant mid fielders smash us. Oh cronin is part of that new midfield, for all his creepy admirers!

Pookie
I thought that we supported well off the ball for the most part, which was a nice change.

Serioux was perplexing for me. Kandji seemed to always have a step (or three) on him yet there he was at the end throwing his body into it. I was a little disappointed not to see Cummins try to address that weakness, particularly when we were up 2-0.

Inklink
I'm pretty sure Dobson and Forrest have done away games from Toronto.

Oh, and did anyone see #12 from NY at the end of the game? He looked super pissed and was being restrained by some of his teammates/coaches.

Lucky Strike
06-13-2009, 09:44 PM

They didn't have their WHTI-compliant documents. Ha! I finally managed to make a joke of it after working on this thing for 10 months.

TFC USA
06-13-2009, 09:45 PM
I know Reed and DeVos do away games from Toronto. I really don't recall CBC sending their commentators outside of North America for any sporting event outside of the Olympics.

Lucky Strike
06-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Also, player ratings for this match: http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14466

TFC USA
06-13-2009, 09:47 PM
They didn't have their WHTI-compliant documents. Ha! I finally managed to make a joke of it after working on this thing for 10 months.

:D:p:p

Bars92
06-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Will Vitti ever score???

DeRo goes down a little to easily I think, always seems to to go down in the area, looking for the call. He could've had 8 goals by now.

TFC USA
06-13-2009, 09:55 PM
"And a goal kick coming for Seattle." - Sounders announcer guy on a Sounders corner kick just now

Don't bitch about your announcers until you've listened to Americans. :D

dantdot
06-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Buahahah, the picture on the Globe article (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/red-bulls-give-tfc-wings/article1181424/)

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00072/Dichio14_72662gm-a.jpg

Nuvinho
06-13-2009, 10:06 PM
We beat the worst team in the league......yay!!!

btw, on the streetcar home, I met a guy from England who was in awe of our support for the team, and said that the MLS is gaining ground with some of the lower league teams in England.

dag
06-13-2009, 10:17 PM
We can't really say we deserved the three points, except that Toronto did score more goals than New York. Their keeper did a fatastic job, but his defenders let him down.

Dichio = LEGEND

And I'm still not forking over $175 for my seat for the Real Madrid friendly.

Nuvinho
06-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Next game, banner........"ONE MORE YEAR DANNY!!!" ????

Lucky Strike
06-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Came across this nugget: http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/06/note-what-were-watching-today-around_13.html

Says Osorio could very well be fired for losing this game vs our TFC. What say you?

Nuvinho
06-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Came across this nugget: http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/06/note-what-were-watching-today-around_13.html

Says Osorio could very well be fired for losing this game vs our TFC. What say you?

wait one more game, after they lose on June 24th.

Normally when a coach gets fired, the first game under a new coach they do well. I rather they wait til after the 24th ;)

billyfly
06-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Just got back from the game. Vitti still can't score!

Thank goodness Dichio was able to get that second chance.

poppamidnight
06-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Just got back from the game. Vitti still can't score!

Thank goodness Dichio was able to get that second chance.

LOL... he didn't score but he was our best player on the pitch today,

I can honestly say we've NEVER said that about Chad.... and he didn't score either.

Check the replay of that goalie coming out and you'll see he really didn't have the opportunity to chip it over,
(I honestly was pissed he didn't until I saw the replay)

I'm no longer worried about Vitti after seeing him tonight,
He's a solid winger,
the amado guevara of our right side, excellent ball-skills

...He's not our striker...
...Gerba will be, (+ OBW)
But Vitti cemented his spot on the right side after today... excellent work

Bottom line: No Vitti = No 2 goals,
He was in on them both

PS - most worrying about today = Penalties...

WTF!!! De-Ro = Lost his chance
Amado = Just blew his?

Whose our penalty-man now?... Stick with Amado (since even with the save we scored?),

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Cronin given a shot... He seems to be the most accurate in his placement of passes + shots,
Guevara is more suited to Cross + Outside the box?

Nuvinho
06-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Rant:

Why can't we score on PENALTY KICKS!!!!???????

sidvan
06-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh, and did anyone see #12 from NY at the end of the game? He looked super pissed and was being restrained by some of his teammates/coaches.

He was issued a yellow card after the game and then a red for a second yellow.

BoltonTFC
06-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Harmse had a nice game for himself tonight.

poppamidnight
06-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Rant:

OMGZ, It's da Turf!!!!

Get the grass in there!!!!

totally assuming De-Ro's was on the turf when he flubbed his... Can't remember off the top of my head, anyone help me out?

Where did he flub his?

denime
06-13-2009, 10:54 PM
we need to retool the middle for sure next season, guevera is not really cutting it and robbo looks like he lost a step

WTF are you talking about? :noidea:

Guevara played 90 minutes last Wednesday WCQ vs USA and came back yesterday,and as long he was able to play we where controlling the midfield,pass to Vitti for second goal came from him.
Did you forget already how "good" we where without Guevara last 2 games?

Robbo was all over the place tonight,he doesn't have to be creative,he is working hard whole game,that is his job.

denime
06-13-2009, 10:55 PM
OMGZ, It's da Turf!!!!

Get the grass in there!!!!

totally assuming De-Ro's was on the turf when he flubbed his... Can't remember off the top of my head, anyone help me out?

Where did he flub his?

Kansas City

ExiledRed
06-13-2009, 11:19 PM
What a great fucking game.

shaky in the second half, but two goals in the south end, and Dichio proving his worth again!

three points, and not a moment too fucking soon.

All credit to the boys tonight, everyone needed to up their game and everyone did.
Great atmosphere in 112 too, well done all!

ExiledRed
06-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Seriously we need to petition Dichio to stay on another season.

wzhxvy
06-13-2009, 11:21 PM
This was my first time in the heart of 112...row 5...and I have to say...it was pretty freaking good. Made be proud to be a part of this group. The bounce was amazing. If anyone has pictures of video..please post.

twistedchinaman
06-13-2009, 11:22 PM
"And a goal kick coming for Seattle." - Sounders announcer guy on a Sounders corner kick just now

Don't bitch about your announcers until you've listened to Americans. :D

+1 -- good gravy some of them can be outright HORRENDOUS.

twistedchinaman
06-13-2009, 11:23 PM

I think this board would've gone nuclear many times over if they didn't. :D

twistedchinaman
06-13-2009, 11:25 PM

If true, this is the how many-th coach we've cost their job?

I know Fernando Clavijo in Colorado was fired after they lost to us last year...I think?

twistedchinaman
06-13-2009, 11:28 PM
He was issued a yellow card after the game and then a red for a second yellow.

I didn't see the second yellow -- according to the MLS website he only got the single yellow. That or it hasn't been upgraded yet?

I didn't watch the game much -- was manning a hot grill.

thisisinternetclash
06-13-2009, 11:30 PM
DeRo was pretty annoying at times tonight, I thought. A couple of dives, including the awful one that was ultimately called back for a foul outside the box, in the second half. I'd like to see a free kick for the original offence by a yellow for the fouled player for excessive simulation in situations like that. He also has a habit of continuing play, taking extra touches, and putting the ball in the next when it's quite obvious that play has been blown dead for an offside or other offence. He tends to whinge a bit much and engage with the referees more than he ought to, as well. He was really asking for a yellow today.

Lucky Strike
06-13-2009, 11:35 PM
I didn't see the second yellow -- according to the MLS website he only got the single yellow. That or it hasn't been upgraded yet?

That's what I believe right now as well.

cementhead
06-13-2009, 11:39 PM
I think Cummins made to may subs and we lost our mid we are luck to come out with three points!We stop creating and moving forward and went in to the bullshit defence shell almost cost us some points.

werewolf
06-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Rant:

well, you know the common thought of how we sign too many players from the UK...

Section 117
06-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Guevara us the key to our team. We have no replacement for him. Dero plays better wide then in the middle. Overall first half they played well second half they played poor. Especially after Guevara came out.

On a side note I talked with Julian De Guzman before the game I joked around with him asking if he would come play for us. His response was one day.

Dunkers
06-14-2009, 12:50 AM
If true, this is the how many-th coach we've cost their job?

I know Fernando Clavijo in Colorado was fired after they lost to us last year...I think?

I know the Limpacts coach was shown the door after their last game in Toronto

Darlofletch
06-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Not our best game, but can't complain about 3 points.

Thought Garcia had a decent first game, and nana was great as well. Serioux had probably his worst game for us so far, especially in the second half. Hopefully we won't have to play him at left back again any time soon. Also he seriouxly looks like he needs a break, seems like he's playing through an injury, which is great that he wants to keep playing, but he's not as effective as he was at the start of the year.

Harmse had a great game today, apparently winger is his best position, who'da thunk it. Robbo and Cronin both did a solid job, very happy for Cronin to get his first goal.

Guevara really seems to make a difference to our play, very happy to have him back.

Vitti played well, but still no finish of course. Barrett didn't do anything, and his confidence looks shot, the one time (well two times really in the same play) he had a chance to run at their defence, he looked like he was desperate to find someone to pass to rather than try and score himself.

Dichio's just awesome, and I'm loving his corner flag kicking thing.

De Ro didn't have a great game, too much diving, and there's just way too many times he gets the ball and just tries to do too much and ends up losing it.

Ricketts had a good 5 minutes or so, though the one time he was running at their d, he seemed to give up and just try to win a free kick, which was a bit strange. Still, that's a couple of good sub appearances in a row for him.

As for the crowd, a good performance there, and I was very happy to hear the velez chant back, such brilliant simplicity to that.

Liked the "Danny says eat it" banner as well.

grizzle
06-14-2009, 01:18 AM
1st half.. amazing, team played awsome.

2nd half... wtf... that was scary at times, but fortunately we made it out of it as the winner.

Very happy about the 3 points!

twistedchinaman
06-14-2009, 04:20 AM
I know the Limpacts coach was shown the door after their last game in Toronto

Clavijo, then Limniatis, and possibly Osorio. Hell, if anything, we could be bench boss killers...:D

Cal
06-14-2009, 06:08 AM
the fact that we scored on both sort of masks the fact that we missed two must score chances.

pubboy
06-14-2009, 06:15 AM
OK. What the hell shape were we playing last night ? It seemed like it was 4 - 5 - 1, with Dichio up front on his own. Not quite what i would have played, given that as good an influence as Dichio has, he doesnt have the speed anymore.

In summation, great to get the win and 2 goals. NYRB truly are shite though.
Need improvement, and i'm not too impressed with Cummins.

twistedchinaman
06-14-2009, 06:33 AM
the fact that we scored on both sort of masks the fact that we missed two must score chances.

I think there were more than three that we should have scored on...

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Excuse the language, but it's about fucking time. Even if it wasn't the greatest of wins, and we were pretty woeful defensively again, it's nice to finally get three points. And I think the Vitti fanboys have been vindicated with his performance yesterday, but he still can't actually put one in. :(

Maybe we should see if Maldini will come back for DP money and play CB for us... ;)

Cal
06-14-2009, 07:13 AM
I think there were more than three that we should have scored on...

nah. my point is the two we scored on, should have found the back of the net on the first try. if we missed the rebound we would be killing ourselves.

Zimmerman on NY was unreal. He seemed to create everything.

pubboy
06-14-2009, 07:19 AM
nah. my point is the two we scored on, should have found the back of the net on the first try. if we missed the rebound we would be killing ourselves.

True, but the positive is that we were in positions to follow up on the rebounds. I've lost count the number of times we just stand there and watch if the keeper parries or fumbles. One of the few positives from last night IMHO (aside from teh 3 points of course !)

:scarf::drum::flare::scarf:

mlsintoronto
06-14-2009, 07:29 AM

Was definitely a red. And was so long after the final whistle that our coaches were close enough to hear what he said. Potential for multi game suspension if the ref reports. Website I'll get fixed.

FluSH
06-14-2009, 07:33 AM
We can't really say we deserved the three points, except that Toronto did score more goals than New York. Their keeper did a fatastic job, but his defenders let him down.

Dichio = LEGEND

And I'm still not forking over $175 for my seat for the Real Madrid friendly.

DICHIO is a MONSTER

ensco
06-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Was definitely a red. And was so long after the final whistle that our coaches were close enough to hear what he said. Potential for multi game suspension if the ref reports. Website I'll get fixed.

Mike Petke. Anyone know why he went off like that? Seems weird for a veteran defender to do that.

Broadview
06-14-2009, 08:26 AM
OK. What the hell shape were we playing last night ? It seemed like it was 4 - 5 - 1, with Dichio up front on his own. Not quite what i would have played, given that as good an influence as Dichio has, he doesnt have the speed anymore.

They started out with a 3-5-1/3-4-3 kind of formation.

After half an hour or so they dropped Cronin back to right back and it was the 4-3-3 we all loved a month or so ago.

Yohan
06-14-2009, 10:11 AM
I shall do a NEE style post game post :D

The Good
-3 points!
-beating up on the Shite (hmmm... that sounds pretty fetish)
-Cronin!
-The Man Danny Dichio
-112 bouncing all game long
-Harmse playing like he's got a sense of purpose. I think he made like 6 pretty good plays during the game
-decent amount of shots on goal (8 on target)

The Bad
-The Shite Bulls defence (minus Cepero who played like man possessed. without him, it would be like 4-1 TFC)
-TFC in 2nd half
-Frei should have done better on Celades goal IMO
-113 chanting. disappointing

The Ugly
-Annoying voice of the Jack Astor's make over girl. She's hot, but boy did her voice grate on my nerves
-NEE being shirtless at the end of the game. lulz (but boy, do they have fun down in 127)
-lacrosse lines clearly visible

The Awesome
-Danny Dichio vendetta against corner flags
-KD's massive Dichio 2 stick banner
-The Red Bulls are Shite banner at the beginning of the game

Onward to Montreal!

Brooker
06-14-2009, 10:19 AM
+1 -- good gravy some of them can be outright HORRENDOUS.

if you watch the highlights from lastnights game, the announcers don't even realize the red bulls have scored. it's hilarious. takes them a while to figure it out.

Azerban
06-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Seriously we need to petition Dichio to stay on another season.

I had this exact thought on the subway ride home. Not some retard internet petition, but an honest-to-god written petition hand delivered. I'm honestly frightened at the prospect of him not being around.

Brooker
06-14-2009, 11:55 AM
did anybody see the guy get arrested before the game even started? lol... right at gate 3... he was REALLY resisting. it was quite funny.

Torcida
06-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Anyone get pics of the 110 banner? I'm dying to see it..

FluSH
06-14-2009, 12:00 PM
I shall do a NEE style post game post :D

The Good
-3 points!
-beating up on the Shite (hmmm... that sounds pretty fetish)
-Cronin!
-The Man Danny Dichio
-112 bouncing all game long
-Harmse playing like he's got a sense of purpose. I think he made like 6 pretty good plays during the game
-decent amount of shots on goal (8 on target)

The Bad
-The Shite Bulls defence (minus Cepero who played like man possessed. without him, it would be like 4-1 TFC)
-TFC in 2nd half
-Frei should have done better on Celades goal IMO
-113 chanting. disappointing

The Ugly
-Annoying voice of the Jack Astor's make over girl. She's hot, but boy did her voice grate on my nerves
-NEE being shirtless at the end of the game. lulz (but boy, do they have fun down in 127)
-lacrosse lines clearly visible

The Awesome
-Danny Dichio vendetta against corner flags
-KD's massive Dichio 2 stick banner
-The Red Bulls are Shite banner at the beginning of the game

Onward to Montreal!

I'm gonna hit the gym as we speak... I think 112 needs to go shirtless maybe for the last game of the season... I know KD will join me LOL

FluSH
06-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Watching from Home... I heard this chant coming from NEE quite well:

IIFL609q_DU

Allez allez allez ohhhh
Allez allez allez ohhhh
TFC Alleeeeeez
TFC 'till I die

Yes, I know we have 20 Allez chants or something like that... but this one is fucking great in my books.

Darlofletch
06-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Talking of banners there was a very small one saying 113 hearts Milo.

Please tell me there's a good reason for that and it's not talking about that drink that Ricketts pimped at half time.

Super
06-14-2009, 12:45 PM

btw, on the streetcar home, I met a guy from England who was in awe of our support for the team, and said that the MLS is gaining ground with some of the lower league teams in England.

Scunthorpe United here we come!

Yohan
06-14-2009, 01:49 PM
just another note, while I wasn't happy with the 2nd half performance esp on defence, on offence, I counted about 3 good saves Cepero had to make in order to keep the Shite in the game. that's a huge plus.

if one of those went in, it would have been game over a long time ago

DoubleUp
06-14-2009, 02:17 PM
alrite you'll see! those mids are on there down slope, If you cant see that your blind Guevera only looks amazing against weaker opposition. all the players you supporters swear by have great football minds, yes! but pace and reaction is gone and any young vibrant team will tear them apart, these dudes should not be considered first options for next season. Tfc needs to get away from grandfather sentiments.

DoubleUp
06-14-2009, 02:19 PM
whats the use of havin Haji if his pace is gone and he can't tackle

Sullivan
06-14-2009, 02:42 PM
It was the Red Bulls .... anything less than 3 points should have been a mass Hari Kari by the starting XI, with Cummins leading and Mo being the last....

Jesus H Chr!$T ... can't even score direct from a PK .... wtf....

still some pissed 20 hours later, can't say nothing constructive, logging off, ... back some time whenever....

I'll see the usual suspects at Saputo on Thursday.....
still 4:00 yes? pm or gmail if changes.

GabrielHurl
06-15-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm gonna hit the gym as we speak... I think 112 needs to go shirtless maybe for the last game of the season... I know KD will join me LOL

Judging by the pics - a lot of us in 127 need to hit it :D