PDA

View Full Version : Does Vitti Have to Go to Sign Gerba?

James17930
06-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Mo said in his interview on Thursday that he's not worried about not having enough money to sign Gerba, but I can't see him signing for only around $150k, which is what Sutton was making and which is now free.

Do you think they'll have to dump Vitti as well in order to free up that $300k+ to sign Gerba?

Not that I would mind, of course -- that's a hell 'o a lot of money for no goals.

P.S. I am now also off the Marco Velez bandwagon, in case anyone's interested.

Yohan
06-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Mo said in his interview on Thursday that he's not worried about not having enough money to sign Gerba, but I can't see him signing for only around $150k, which is what Sutton was making and which is now free.

Do you think they'll have to dump Vitti as well in order to free up that $300k+ to sign Gerba?

Not that I would mind, of course -- that's a hell 'o a lot of money for no goals.

curious to know how much allocation money is left

CretanBull
06-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I can't see Gerba signing for more than $150k....

James17930
06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Anyone know what he was making at MK Dons?

zeelaw
06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Dump Barrett right?

CretanBull
06-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Anyone know what he was making at MK Dons?

I'm only guessing, but probably 200k?

Super
06-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Why spend $300k on Gerba when we can put just a 100k extra into the pot (from the salary cap) and secure a DP striker? Surely there are better players out there if you put out a couple million dollars? Having said that, Gerba does seem like he would strengthen our team.

Stouffville_RPB
06-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Vitti won't be the one who will be let go. It would most likely be Ricketts.

Ricketts is making a salary more comparible to Gerba and has rarely even got on the field this season. Vitti has been more of an option in midfield than Ricketts.

Ricketts will be the one dropped.

Jay P
06-12-2009, 01:26 PM
why would anyone have to go? If Gerba signs next week, he wouldnt get a full seasons salary for playing just Jul-Oct?

if this is the case, we could hold on to everyone, and then adjust in the off season accordingly.

unless Mo is bringing in others...

poppamidnight
06-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Priority to be traded or Dropped:

1 - Chad Barrett - $200,000 - 4 yr contract.....
2 - Vitti - $300,000 Loan deal - can be cut whenev
3 - Kevin Harmse - $80,000 .... That's the most expensive piece of turd i have ever seen
4 - Ricketts - $165,000
5 - Velez - $63,000

rocker
06-12-2009, 01:33 PM
we really don't know enough about the exact cap number, the amount of allocation TFC has, the relationship between allocation and the cap. hard to know if TFC would have to do that.

jrober38
06-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the primary reason we'll have to drop someone is because MLS has guidelines set on how many players you can have on your roster. I don't know anything about our cap figures, but if we do sign Gerba, someone will have to go, probably of similar salary to make room on the roster for him.

DaBandit
06-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the primary reason we'll have to drop someone is because MLS has guidelines set on how many players you can have on your roster. For example, the reason we had to drop Sutton to add Garcia was because we had to create a roster spot for him. I don't know anything about our cap figures, but if we do sign Gerba, someone will have to go, probably of similar salary.

i think we were carrying one less player then the max all season, so i dont think thats it (but i could be wrong on this). i think a release would be because of cap reasons.

jrober38
06-12-2009, 01:47 PM
i think we were carrying one less player then the max all season, so i dont think thats it (but i could be wrong on this). i think a release would be because of cap reasons.

You're right. We're allowed 24 players and we only have 23.

That can't be ideal.

DaBandit
06-12-2009, 01:52 PM
gerba if and when he signs would get us to 24... so unless we are over the cap there would be no reason to release anyone, other then performance of course and there are a couple that come to mind. personally i like vitti, he's got some decent skill and would be sad to see him go.. harmse should go first, but it's not like his salary would be saving us much anyways.

Phil
06-12-2009, 02:09 PM
There was mention that Sutton was dropped because of the amount of time he spent on the bench and the amount of salary he occupied.

Paging RR and JS, yes we are looking at the seats next to Sutton...

Mr. Bigby
06-12-2009, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE][1 - Chad Barrett - $200,000 - 4 yr contract.....
3 - Kevin Harmse - $80,000 .... That's the most expensive piece of turd i have ever seen
4 - Ricketts - $165,000
5 - Velez - $63,000/QUOTE]

How about option 6 - All of the above?

Super
06-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Vitti - $300k, 100k short of being a DP - and zero goals.

jrober38
06-12-2009, 02:22 PM
How about option 6 - All of the above?

I think that would be the ideal situation. Right now we have a lot of dead weight occupying a lot of our cap.

westrouge
06-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I find a lot of the people who post here lack patience. With the team, with individual players, some things take time. For instance, Pablo Vitti was once looked upon very highly but has been slumping for a year or two. For him to play to his potential will take time. However, it seems obvious to me that he is one of, if not the most skillful player on the pitch, so just because he isn't scoring doesn't mean he isn't showing any of his quality. Goalscorers need confidence, and confidence doesn't appear out of nowhere, it grows.

As for this discussion about who goes if Gerba comes, I think that Chad Barrett would be the most likely candidate, simply for the reason that him and Gerba are most similar in the way they play--strong, hardworking, physical.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-12-2009, 02:24 PM

I'd rather ship Barrett out than Vitti, TBH.

Dbl_D
06-12-2009, 02:25 PM

fell off with you...;) (not sure if the red card last year or is last performance was worse)

jrober38
06-12-2009, 02:27 PM
I find a lot of the people who post here lack patience. With the team, with individual players, some things take time. For instance, Pablo Vitti was once looked upon very highly but has been slumping for a year or two. For him to play to his potential will take time. However, it seems obvious to me that he is one of, if not the most skillful player on the pitch, so just because he isn't scoring doesn't mean he isn't showing any of his quality. Goalscorers need confidence, and confidence doesn't appear out of nowhere, it grows.

As for this discussion about who goes if Gerba comes, I think that Chad Barrett would be the most likely candidate, simply for the reason that him and Gerba are most similar in the way they play--strong, hardworking, physical.

I understand what you're saying about patience, but in this case Vitti hasn't scored a league goal since the 05/06 season. Some guys have a nose for goal and some guys don't. In this case, I understand that Vitti has some skill, but if he isn't using it to produce on the offensive end of the field you have to evaluate how much he's really helping the team with his 'skill' relative to his salary.

DaBandit
06-12-2009, 02:28 PM

Agreed, i think vitti has skill and has been somewhat unlucky. i think he's hit about 3 or 4 posts in the limited time he has played. remember he didnt play a lot at the begining of the year. yes 300K is alot for someone who's yet to score, but i think we need to show some patience in his case. he'll break out sooner then later.. hopefully the soon = Montreal..

Limani_Ole
06-12-2009, 02:35 PM
give Barrett the walking papers.. maybe we can trade him for another draft pick or something.. maybe get Will Johnson over here as well..

bhoybobby
06-12-2009, 02:35 PM

Other than Dichio & Gueverra when he's in the mood, closest thing to a footballer we have. Keep the footblallers dump

Barrett, Ricketts, Harmse & Velez. I'd rather ply a kid who has technical ability & application than any of these wasters.

These guys are never going to improve, waste of shirt & money

bhoybobby
06-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Agreed, i think vitti has skill and has been somewhat unlucky. i think he's hit about 3 or 4 posts in the limited time he has played. remember he didnt play a lot at the begining of the year. yes 300K is alot for someone who's yet to score, but i think we need to show some patience in his case. he'll break out sooner then later.. hopefully the soon = Montreal..

Vitti's a player, Barrett couldn't lace his boots

JonO
06-12-2009, 02:40 PM
I think that would be the ideal situation. Right now we have a lot of dead weight occupying a lot of our cap.
You do realize that you'd have to replace them with players at the same price? Not too fond of how Velez has been playing as of late, but how much better are you going to get for $63K? Honestly?

Dirk Diggler
06-12-2009, 02:40 PM
In terms of skills and value to the team, there is no doubt about it ... Vitti is one to keep. However, I also see the other side of the argument. 300K is indeed a lot for someone yet to score a goal. Once again, in a salary cap league, things like this are that much more significant since you have to evaluate and re-evaluate everyone's performance per their contract every single day.

DaBandit
06-12-2009, 02:52 PM
In terms of skills and value to the team, there is no doubt about it ... Vitti is one to keep. However, I also see the other side of the argument. 300K is indeed a lot for someone yet to score a goal. Once again, in a salary cap league, things like this are that much more significant since you have to evaluate and re-evaluate everyone's performance per their contract every single day.

your right, he is expensive in a salary capped world. all i'm saying to people is have some patience, lets see what he can do for the year b4 we think about shipping him out.. barrett we know what he can do, he can go anytime.

poppamidnight
06-12-2009, 02:58 PM

See my post above,
He's on a loan deal, can be dropped whenever...

the Ball + chain attached to this team is Chad Barrett's 4 yr contract...

= Top Priority to be shipped out

DaBandit
06-12-2009, 03:07 PM
See my post above,
He's on a loan deal, can be dropped whenever...

the Ball + chain attached to this team is Chad Barrett's 4 yr contract...

= Top Priority to be shipped out

so if we released barrett would his contract still go against our cap? if so why wouldnt suttons go against our cap now that he's been released, his contract was gaurenteed according to the papers.

thx..

trane
06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
You do realize that you'd have to replace them with players at the same price? Not too fond of how Velez has been playing as of late, but how much better are you going to get for $63K? Honestly?

I could not afford to play for $63 K, unless they let me fly in for the game only.

poppamidnight
06-12-2009, 03:34 PM

Who says you'd have to replace players at the same price???

Nobody

There's pay cut improvements in all forms of sports, a vast pool of players available...

Better at $63 K?.... thats to easy, I can get you one under that:
= Tyler Hemming

/End Discussion, that's just 1 former player off the top of my head.... Imagine somebody actually researching players available at that price?

Dunkers
06-12-2009, 03:36 PM
No Vitti wont go in order to sign Gerba

Mo in a desperate attempted to save his job, will do anything to field a winning team, so ALL our allocation money will be donated to the SAVE MO's JOB FUND! (gerba will only cost at most $200, aka half a season at $400)

And Mo will be banking on an increased salary cap for 2010 b/c the collective bargaining agreement is done

SilverSamurai
06-12-2009, 03:40 PM

We need Velez to translate for Guevara and Vitti.
You can't let him go.
But really he's not making THAT much (Well compared to me ya, but I have no job) so may as well keep him as a sub.

What about the 2 African kids? What's going on with them?

Dirk Diggler
06-12-2009, 04:18 PM
No Vitti wont go in order to sign Gerba

Mo in a desperate attempted to save his job, will do anything to field a winning team, so ALL our allocation money will be donated to the SAVE MO's JOB FUND! (gerba will only cost at most $200, aka half a season at $400)

And Mo will be banking on an increased salary cap for 2010 b/c the collective bargaining agreement is done

Considering the current financial crisis and setbacks involving Beckham and such, would it really be wise for Mo to bank on an increase to the salary cap?

kitchener-TFC
06-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Priority to be traded or Dropped:

1 - Chad Barrett - $200,000 - 4 yr contract.....
4 - Ricketts - $165,000
5 - Velez - $63,000
Harmse makes $80,000? Velez makes $63,000? Holy f*ck! Overpaid pieces of shit, yea?
Ricketts seemed to work hard last game. Lets hope it carries on.

InTheCrowd
06-12-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't think we need to release anyone to cover Gerba's salary for half a season. The leftovers from Sutton's salary will do (and some allocation). It's not that big of a deal. We should have enough allocation especially considering we've been down a man in our roster for the whole season.

Anyway if anyone's to be let go it's Vitti. He's on a loan deal and I'm pretty sure we can cut off the deal whenever we want, unfortunately we can't say the same for the rest of our team. As much as we want to see Barrett go, that's not really possible. Not to mention Vitti's on a 300 000 a year contract. Waste of money if you ask me.

Dunkers
06-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Considering the current financial crisis and setbacks involving Beckham and such, would it really be wise for Mo to bank on an increase to the salary cap?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves and call mo WISE, that is what he is thinking im sure, and i totally agree it is NOT very wise

jloome
06-12-2009, 07:27 PM
I agree. If the sole expectation on Vitti is scoring, then his continuin icy feet are failing him. But he's been huge at moving the ball around for us, creating things and even good defensively.

I still suspect he'll end out being made a midfielder permanenty.

InTheCrowd
06-12-2009, 07:41 PM
I agree. If the sole expectation on Vitti is scoring, then his continuin icy feet are failing him. But he's been huge at moving the ball around for us, creating things and even good defensively.

I still suspect he'll end out being made a midfielder permanenty.

He is a good player and has been playing decently for us. But I wouldn't say that he deserves a 300k contract.

rocker
06-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I'd like to know if Vitti actually gets the 300K... or if he's paid his old deal with Independiente, and the 300K goes to Independiente, covering his contract + a profit.

Cuz if his deal is up soon with Independiente, I wonder if he could then be signed to TFC at a lower amount, but higher than what Independiente was giving him.

Kaz
06-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Vitti I suspect has a few games to prove himself or he's going home, the last few games I've seen more hussle out of him in the stretches of the car wrecks that I've watched, then all season. If he keeps working like he has, I think we will see him find the back fo the net in the next two games.

I'm hoping we see White some time in the next month, I really want to see what this kid can do.

We are significantly down from last year, and need to win 2 and tie 1 of our next 4 to bring us back on track. And it's purely goals in the back of the net, and some defense issues that need to be worked out.

dinminister
06-12-2009, 08:41 PM
barretts a waste

jloome
06-12-2009, 08:44 PM
I still can't believe Mo had the audacity today to suggest Barrett should be moved back into the centre up top and that maybe the strikers were cold because of how demanding the fans are.

James17930
06-12-2009, 09:27 PM
I still can't believe Mo had the audacity today to suggest Barrett should be moved back into the centre up top and that maybe the strikers were cold because of how demanding the fans are.

I know -- the audacity of us to demand our strikers score!

What a bunch of dicks we are.

trane
06-12-2009, 09:39 PM

This statement makes me doubt Mo even more. It sounds like exactly the worst position for Barrett, he needs to be put on the wings, for so many reason which we have talked about in the past. Mo just will not admit that he was wrong about Barrett. Further, Cummins should decide to play his players, not Mo.

Red CB Toronto
06-12-2009, 10:57 PM
I have a question in regards to Vitti, when a player is loaned to a MLS club what effect does his salary have on the cap?

Carter
06-13-2009, 08:24 AM

Last time Mo tried to sign Gerba, he wants 200 and we didn't have the cap space, but I hear thta Gerba brought it down, but we still didn't have the cap space...

grizzle
06-13-2009, 10:49 AM

Well said.

InTheCrowd
06-13-2009, 11:07 AM

How would Chad go though? You can't just say go home lol.

Are you talking about his salary for the remainder of the season?

ExiledRed
06-13-2009, 11:14 AM

Absolutely bang on.

Mo is effectively blaming the fans for his shite performance, go figure.

Worse he's still not ready to admit Barrett was a mistake so he's trying to force him to score out there at the expense of better players who are more likely to.

Candu_88
06-13-2009, 12:22 PM
League One average salary is approximately $130K. To demand way more than that to play for TFC does not seem respectful.

InTheCrowd
06-13-2009, 12:25 PM
League One average salary is approximately $130K. To demand way more than that to play for TFC does not seem respectful.

Is this in pounds? Where did you hear this, could you link me please? Cheers!

Yohan
06-13-2009, 12:27 PM
I have a question in regards to Vitti, when a player is loaned to a MLS club what effect does his salary have on the cap?
pretty sure it's just like signing any other player. or else every team would be bloated with loanees

Big Bruva
06-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Think you will find Ali will be signing soon lol

Nuvinho
06-13-2009, 01:35 PM

great he can score 4 goals on Thursday for us.

InTheCrowd
06-13-2009, 01:35 PM

I'm loving it!!

Big Bruva
06-13-2009, 01:42 PM
great he can score 4 goals on Thursday for us.

You would love that lol

rocker
06-13-2009, 01:45 PM

define soon ;)

Nuvinho
06-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Mo is following Gerba around with a pen a paper in hand.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-13-2009, 02:01 PM
You would love that lol

we all would my man.
lets hope a miracle appears in Montreal

Big Bruva
06-13-2009, 02:14 PM
I went to the DeGuzman boat cruise last night then roughly 12 of us jumped into Jonathans Hummer that Julian was driving lol and went to Garden to eat and Ali met us there and ate with us. Julian was happy that Ali was in Toronto but Ali was tryna keep a straight face and not really talk about it lol

Some people that were on the boat, Julian DeGuzman, Ali Gerba, David Edgar, Atiba Hutchinson and more.

If you look around closely today you will see most of the names above and more in a box at the game today lol

rocker
06-13-2009, 02:19 PM
geez.. more talent in the stands than on the field!

we should sign them all for one game loans at least

denime
06-13-2009, 05:32 PM
geez.. more talent in the stands than on the field!

we should sign them all for one game loans at least

Agree, that would be nice to see :scarf:

trane
06-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Atiba Hutchinson , fuck I like him as a player. Another Canadian who will never play here until, he is on his way to retierment.

denime
06-13-2009, 10:22 PM
No one has to go in order to sign Ali.
Gerba is not asking for big money,he is looking more for longer contract,than big $$.

poppamidnight
06-13-2009, 10:47 PM
No one has to go in order to sign Ali.
Gerba is not asking for big money,he is looking more for longer contract,than big $$.

That's the problem:

We gave Barrett the 4 yr deal in the offseason....

Gerba should be the one on a 4 yr deal,

So I still stick to my belief Barrett has to go which (depending if he's cut or traded + we get a player back) would alieviate some of the Gerba price, allowing us to make 1 more additional move/player brought in for the playoffs, since the + of Ali, plus the - of Barrett would leave us with a (ballparked - depending on Chad being cut or traded for lesser salary) cap fluctuation of +60-100,000 (Instead of the $200,000+ thousand of Gerba)

After today's game, some things are clear:
1 - Vitti + Barrett are not this teams key/dependent-on strikers/scorers - Gerba will be
2 - Vitti is our best option on the Right-Wing, best creator/playmaker aside from Amado + DeRo...cemented his spot in the starting 11
3 - Chad no longer has a position in the starting 11 (or even as a Sub once Gerba + OBW are in)

InTheCrowd
06-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Nobody would take Barrett off our hands.

ExiledRed
06-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Nobody would take Barrett off our hands.

Maybe Philly?

Cal
06-14-2009, 06:17 AM
We need Velez to translate for Guevara and Vitti.
You can't let him go.
But really he's not making THAT much (Well compared to me ya, but I have no job) so may as well keep him as a sub.

What about the 2 African kids? What's going on with them?

haha hes being paid to play football not translate. if they wanted a translator they would hire me for $10 an hour to do that job.

Cal
06-14-2009, 06:19 AM
I went to the DeGuzman boat cruise last night then roughly 12 of us jumped into Jonathans Hummer that Julian was driving lol and went to Garden to eat and Ali met us there and ate with us. Julian was happy that Ali was in Toronto but Ali was tryna keep a straight face and not really talk about it lol

Some people that were on the boat, Julian DeGuzman, Ali Gerba, David Edgar, Atiba Hutchinson and more.

If you look around closely today you will see most of the names above and more in a box at the game today lol

and you didnt ask any questions? you would make a terrible journalist!

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-14-2009, 06:53 AM
I think Dasovic speaks Spanish well if I've heard correctly... I've been all for giving Velez another chance this year, but he still hasn't been good at all. Time to ship him out, IMO.

And am I the only one who is feeling very jealous of Big Bruva right now? :(

reggie
06-14-2009, 10:13 AM
That's the problem:

We gave Barrett the 4 yr deal in the offseason....

Gerba should be the one on a 4 yr deal,

So I still stick to my belief Barrett has to go which (depending if he's cut or traded + we get a player back) would alieviate some of the Gerba price, allowing us to make 1 more additional move/player brought in for the playoffs, since the + of Ali, plus the - of Barrett would leave us with a (ballparked - depending on Chad being cut or traded for lesser salary) cap fluctuation of +60-100,000 (Instead of the $200,000+ thousand of Gerba)

After today's game, some things are clear:
1 - Vitti + Barrett are not this teams key/dependent-on strikers/scorers - Gerba will be
2 - Vitti is our best option on the Right-Wing, best creator/playmaker aside from Amado + DeRo...cemented his spot in the starting 11
3 - Chad no longer has a position in the starting 11 (or even as a Sub once Gerba + OBW are in)
why would FERGY MO give him a 4 yr contract,was he on crack!!!

bhoybobby
06-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Absolutely bang on.

Mo is effectively blaming the fans for his shite performance, go figure.

Worse he's still not ready to admit Barrett was a mistake so he's trying to force him to score out there at the expense of better players who are more likely to.

That sums up Mo, always trying to lower the bar. The longer Barrett plays like a runny turd, the worse Mo looks for signing the dolt.

Most good managers will admit/jettison their mistakes & move on. Not Mo, the fuckwit blames the people who pay his wages for being too demanding.

He clearly can't think on his feet

rocker
06-14-2009, 02:28 PM
a year contract doesn't mean he can't be released... look at sutton.
usually the last 2 years are a team option anyways.

InTheCrowd
06-14-2009, 02:33 PM
a year contract doesn't mean he can't be released... look at sutton.
usually the last 2 years are a team option anyways.

Quick off topic question here lol. Are the last 2 years of Barrett's contract team option?

rocker
06-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Quick off topic question here lol. Are the last 2 years of Barrett's contract team option?

nobody knows details of specific contracts. but from what i've read, the standard MLS contract is 4 years. the last 2 years are team options.
Also, contracts are not inherently guaranteed for the first 2 years.. it's just if the guy is in MLS and his contract is still valid, he will get paid that amount for 2 years... but MLS teams can released players at any stage of the contract before July 1 and the contract is voided. There are also 2 players per team that I believe can be voided even after the July 1 deadline.
Some guys *may* have completely guaranteed contracts for a year or two, but that part isn't clear.

So ya, 4 years sounds like a long time, but it's not 4 years guaranteed and the team can get outta it at many points.

DoubleUp
06-14-2009, 02:38 PM
keep Vitti and trade Barret for kandji

InTheCrowd
06-14-2009, 02:44 PM

:iamwithstupid:

Lol. Good luck with that! :D

DoubleUp
06-14-2009, 02:51 PM
nice sign! did the old lady make it for you?

Fushida
06-14-2009, 03:11 PM
nice sign! did the old lady make it for you?

so you mean you were serious? :eek:

DoubleUp
06-14-2009, 03:30 PM
so you mean you were serious? :eek:

Oh are you his old lady? nice beard!

InTheCrowd
06-14-2009, 03:40 PM

Why are you being so rude?

DoubleUp
06-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Why are you being so rude?
Your asking that now? after you tried to get a laugh at my expense. Instead of saying something of substance to atleast rebut my suggestion. We can talk about the team, or turn this into yuk yuks, I've never been one to provoke confrontation but I've also never been one to not defend myself either.:flare:

ExiledRed
06-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Your asking that now? after you tried to get a laugh at my expense. Instead of saying something of substance to atleast rebut my suggestion. We can talk about the team, or turn this into yuk yuks, I've never been one to provoke confrontation but I've also never been one to not defend myself either.:flare:

Can you please explain why you should feel so offended.

If you're getting hypersensitive over an emoticon, you really are in the wrong place on the internets.

Yohan
06-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Agoos is one of the worst GMs in MLS, but even he wouldn't go for this trade, considering how much NY paid in transfer fee just to get Kandji.

Pipe dream, this post is

rocker
06-14-2009, 04:04 PM
i'm not sold on Kandji.... he has a worse strikerate in MLS than Barrett and he's just a few months younger than Barrett. Seems really rough and raw for someone his age.

Nuvinho
06-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Here is what I am hoping:

1. Sign Gerba with allocation and salary cap left
2. If you want a DP striker:
- Trade Barrett for allocation cash (opens up $200K, plus $100k in allocation)
- Sign the defender Mo said (up to $200K)
- End Vitti's loan deal ($300K free now)
- Sign your DP striker ($400K cap and allocation)

So you end up with Gerba, new Defender, and DP striker. Out are Barrett and Vitti.

DoubleUp
06-14-2009, 04:27 PM
i'm not sold on Kandji.... he has a worse strikerate in MLS than Barrett and he's just a few months younger than Barrett. Seems really rough and raw for someone his age. now that wasnt so hard! some people Just choose touse their buck beer wit and when it provokes a response they dont like they cry like a wounded dog. If you dont agree say so, but Iam not here to say shit people wanna hear in hopes I'll be accepted in the clique.:grouphug:

Fushida
06-14-2009, 04:33 PM

wow.. must have struck a chord with that one.

Can you please explain why you should feel so offended.

If you're getting hypersensitive over an emoticon, you really are in the wrong place on the internets.

:D

now that wasnt so hard! some people Just choose touse their buck beer wit and when it provokes a response they dont like they cry like a wounded dog. If you dont agree say so, but Iam not here to say shit people wanna hear in hopes I'll be accepted in the clique.:grouphug:

we were doing the same thing. who was provoking a response? we just think your original post wasn't thought out very well and was illogical. you chose to reply with some harsh words, so it seems like you're the one provoking responses here, not us.

i don't think anyone wants to take barrett based on his form this year. especially not for that contract and salary.

either way...
http://www.reallyfunnypictures.co.uk/general/pics/23.02.06/chillpill.jpg

DoubleUp
06-14-2009, 04:49 PM
wow.. must have struck a chord with that one.

:D

we were doing the same thing. who was provoking a response? we just think your original post wasn't thought out very well and was illogical. you chose to reply with some harsh words, so it seems like you're the one provoking responses here, not us.

i don't think anyone wants to take barrett based on his form this year. especially not for that contract and salary.

either way...
http://www.reallyfunnypictures.co.uk/general/pics/23.02.06/chillpill.jpg

:Yawn: sure!

InTheCrowd
06-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Here is what I am hoping:

1. Sign Gerba with allocation and salary cap left
2. If you want a DP striker:
- Trade Barrett for allocation cash (opens up $200K, plus $100k in allocation)
- Sign the defender Mo said (up to $200K)
- End Vitti's loan deal ($300K free now)
- Sign your DP striker ($400K cap and allocation)

So you end up with Gerba, new Defender, and DP striker. Out are Barrett and Vitti.

Unfortunately I doubt anybody would pay that to take over Barrett's contract. That's what we got from giving away Marshall.