PDA

View Full Version : May 31 Tifo

alexintoronto
06-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I was busy helping with the NEE tifo. I missed the RPB one - any pics?

(Already checked the Multimedia section)

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=1334

adamdz
06-02-2008, 08:31 PM
I thought I took one with my phone (I was in 111), apparently I was more drunk at the start then I thought because no such photo exists on my phone lol.

alexintoronto
06-02-2008, 08:33 PM
I think a lot of people must have left the cameras at home cause of the rain.

egoodwin
06-02-2008, 09:04 PM
I wanted to see it too... but my concentration was on waving one of the big flags...

TFC Cityboy
06-02-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't trust meself to stay sober enuf to get the camera home safely!

Daveisonfire
06-02-2008, 09:21 PM
NEE tifo/choreo = FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

james
06-03-2008, 01:48 AM
The RPB Tifo didnt work out, it was kind of sad. I mean the Tifo crew tryed to get somethin goin but it failed bad.

james
06-03-2008, 01:53 AM
As for you boys in the North End......that was sick, i loved it, i was watching from 112 and you guys showed us how to do a real Tifo. It was big, the crowd held it for a few minutes, it was straight, looked good, no passing it around and shit like that disaster "Toronto FC Banner" that was being passed around the family section and it kind of looked like a rolled up newspapper. Seems like as far as Tifos go, the south end can learn from the North End!

RealG-TFC
06-03-2008, 05:25 AM
The RPB Tifo didnt work out, it was kind of sad. I mean the Tifo crew tryed to get somethin goin but it failed bad.

What was it supposed to be?

AL-MO
06-03-2008, 01:54 PM
It sucked because of poor planning....we'll bring it out in a future game and do it right...

AL-MO
06-03-2008, 02:00 PM

If you did not participate in making it, don't be so critical of it.

It didn't work out. Lets leave it at that.

canadian_bhoy
06-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Funny that people complain about tifo's not working out...where were these people when we were asking for volunteers?

There were several issues with the 112 tifo and we did consider shelving it until the next match because we knew it was being rushed. Having said that, it looked like complete crap and is a wake up call to anyone who thinks that we can just throw these things together.

Next time we do something, it'll be done right and it'll look good. We have set the bar for ourselves and now we need to meet it.

AL-MO
06-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Exactly. No bullshit next time.

alexintoronto
06-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Sorry guys - I didn't know it didn't happen.

/thread

egoodwin
06-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Funny that people complain about tifo's not working out...where were these people when we were asking for volunteers?

There were several issues with the 112 tifo and we did consider shelving it until the next match because we knew it was being rushed. Having said that, it looked like complete crap and is a wake up call to anyone who thinks that we can just throw these things together.

Next time we do something, it'll be done right and it'll look good. We have set the bar for ourselves and now we need to meet it.
maybe have the letters at the front of the section with a solid contrasting colour banner in behind to make the letters more visible?

Shaughno
06-03-2008, 03:50 PM

Welcome to our world. :)

canadian_bhoy
06-03-2008, 05:01 PM
maybe have the letters at the front of the section with a solid contrasting colour banner in behind to make the letters more visible?

Can't do it at the front (4 seats). We did consider having it along the back of the section, but what we really needed to do was show up at the stadium with them on the thursday or friday and see where it was best to put them. The letters were quite big and should have been quite visible.

The biggest issue was the rushed last minute execution.

adamdz
06-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Now I know why I had no pictures, I took a short clip with the phone (which was horrible) and I think I only caught the end of it since I saw a couple letters. A for effort/dedication.