PDA

View Full Version : Do all of Cummins interviews sound the same?

__wowza
06-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I just find that whenever Crumbin's (my new nickname till the team shapes up) begins speaking it always sounds like he's reiterating the exact same points. I'm not saying that he doesn't keep saying things that continuously need to be addressed (like finishing, completing passes, etc).

I just find that he's saying them in more or less the exact same words.

Shway
06-12-2009, 11:43 AM
LOL!
i thought it was just only me....
i have to always check the date, to see if ive seen the video already

Southender
06-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Nitpicking at its finest... Don't you have anything better to do? OR is it that you think every idea that pops in your head is so amazingly important or insightful that you have to vomit it up for all to see?

Shep
06-12-2009, 12:52 PM
I just find that whenever Crumbin's (my new nickname till the team shapes up) begins speaking it always sounds like he's reiterating the exact same points. I'm not saying that he doesn't keep saying things that continuously need to be addressed (like finishing, completing passes, etc).

I like his style, and I'm not really concerned that he give an original performance every interview, I just want to hear his thoughts on the matches/players.

Why would you insult him by twisting his surname? Not cool.

dupont
06-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Well what is he supposed to say after each game where TFC has lots of shots and no goals? The reason he is repeating himself is because the team keeps losing for the exact same reasons and making the same mistakes. If we win the next game then I'm sure he'll have something different to say.

FluSH
06-12-2009, 01:23 PM
I think Cummins is naturally a joker... and it's hard for him to speak on a serious note without busting a joke here and there...

Pre-Coach Cummins was always and I mean always making jokes...

NateDoGG
06-12-2009, 01:26 PM
cummins is nothing more than a Yes Man
thats it. 1st day of offseason he will not be head coach./....

mastermixer
06-12-2009, 01:40 PM
no doubt about it....

Shep
06-12-2009, 01:42 PM
cummins is nothing more than a Yes Man
thats it. 1st day of offseason he will not be head coach./....

Depends on how the rest of the season plays out, if the squad get their form and keep it, and we see playoffs (and still possibly CONCACAF CL), he might be staying.

The players seem to respect him, he gets on well with the media, he doesn't stick on bad ref decisions...

I could see him lasting longer, but I could well be wrong, football is fickle that way.

rocker
06-12-2009, 01:56 PM
When journalists ask the same damn questions, you get the same damn answers. :)

DangerRed
06-12-2009, 02:02 PM

After LA last weekend, he even said himself he feels he sounds like a broken record, complaining about all of the missed chances and the need to be more clinical in front of goal.

Bottom line is, he's right -- it's the same goddamn problem, over and over and over again: our strikers/forwards fail to finish. Barrett and Vitti are the No. 1 offenders, but I won't :deadhorse:.

It's not Cummins in the end. He can talk and talk and talk, but he's not the one kicking the ball around and fucking the dog every Saturday on the pitch!

:noidea:

Kickit09
06-12-2009, 02:06 PM
You can't blame him. He has to be careful in what he says, he doesn't want to get fined. Carver would tell you how it is, Cummins just tells you the politically correct thing.

Mr. Bigby
06-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Cummins has himself recognized that his comments have been repetitious, but as he (and others) have noted, as long as they don't finish their chances the same comments have to be made!

NateDoGG
06-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Depends on how the rest of the season plays out, if the squad get their form and keep it, and we see playoffs (and still possibly CONCACAF CL), he might be staying.

The players seem to respect him, he gets on well with the media, he doesn't stick on bad ref decisions...

I could see him lasting longer, but I could well be wrong, football is fickle that way.

he will go back to his old role once we get a replacemet, and playoffs? UR TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk
lol i had to

nascarguy
06-12-2009, 02:22 PM
he is a robot

cincy
06-12-2009, 08:23 PM
"if I am being honest with you"

Inklink
06-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Listen, I've just said to the guys in there, you have to keep going. Keep your head down and keep working. Be a true professional. The morale is good if I'm honest with ya'. You want to know my starting lineup? I'll let you know 3 or 4 on Saturday. I called my wife over in the UK to get some love. She said as I was coming in this morning to keep my head down and keep working.

BUT, I could care less if thats all he says. As long as the product on the pitch is good I don't care if he did pressers in Czech.

greatwhitenorf
06-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Yet another thread for malcontents to have a wee bitch, whine, wheedle and girn. Git tae fock, bollocks breathed barsteward. Much, much bigger things to worry about. On and off the pitch.