PDA

View Full Version : Madrid tickets.... the worst of the web

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 01:12 PM
dedicated to the most BULLSHIT things you can find online....

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/mss/tix/1216448624.html
^ $250 bucks a seat for 116? that's bullshit!

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tix/1216142023.html
^ this fucker actually says Kaka and Ronald will be there.
$600 for the 29th row of 109? that's bullshit!

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tix/1216270979.html
^ how the hell can someone have 15 seats in a row???
15 seats in a row.... that's bullshit!

and the biggest piece of shit yet....

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tix/1215191345.html
^ selling a private box and using a photo of Blanco
from his first season streamer shower.... with the RPB logo too!

that's bullshit!

I'm not against people selling the tickets if they aren't going,
but to charge $600 a seat for the 29th row? That's disgusting.

spezz44
06-11-2009, 01:14 PM
bombard them with emails

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 01:14 PM
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tix/1214543114.html

^ row 30 of 110 for $600 a pop.

AND they are calling it 'an official fan section'. The hell does that mean?
isn't every seat a 'fan section'? and if it was a 'supporters section'.....
it sure as hell wont be on for that game.

Jay P
06-11-2009, 01:15 PM
send them a nigerian scam email in return for some tickets :D

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 01:15 PM
bombard them with emails

the only one that really pisses me off is the guy with 15 seats in a row.
There is no way that's a legitimate account holder. That's a pure scalper.

Nodoubtguy
06-11-2009, 01:17 PM

that's bullshit!

from his ad

"12 tickets to the sold out game in a private suite at Centre Mid field"

if you had plans on going guys, sorry but it seems like its already sold out :rolleyes:

menefreghista
06-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks for posting this. Gives me an idea of how much I should post my pair in the south end for.

denime
06-11-2009, 01:19 PM
the only one that really pisses me off is the guy with 15 seats in a row.
There is no way that's a legitimate account holder. That's a pure scalper.

Agree,other posters are trying to get some $$ back from ML$E, but 15 seats guy deserves shitload of emails from Nigeria.

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 01:21 PM
yeah...

just for the record, I'm not against someone selling their seats for a markup,
but to charge $600 per seat for the back row of 110? total bullshit.

and 15 seats in a row?

:hulk:

BuSaPuNk
06-11-2009, 01:24 PM
yeah...

and 15 seats in a row?

I agree with you Parky!! To take a cut is okay especially for this game but that much??? Jeezzz talk about taking it to a whole new level!! You couldn't even unload Leaf tickets at that price!!

Gobi
06-11-2009, 01:25 PM
from his ad

"12 tickets to the sold out game in a private suite at Centre Mid field"

if you had plans on going guys, sorry but it seems like its already sold out :rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO!

Good find.

Angelo1405
06-11-2009, 01:26 PM
i dont know why everyone is mad. if its true, watching kaka and ronaldo in the same field playing against TFC is something no one expected a few years ago

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 01:27 PM
I agree with you Parky!! To take a cut is okay especially for this game but that much??? Jeezzz talk about taking it to a whole new level!! You couldn't even unload Leaf tickets at that price!!

seems like it's a bit of wishful thinking.

people KNOW that the tickets are going on sale to the general public next week, and not that long after they go to SSH. Why would someone sink a grand for a family to go see the game now, when they can probably pick up 4 seats for $400 next week? Especially for the back row supporters section seats?

If someone is willing to pay that much cash for shit seats... then they deserve what they get.

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 01:28 PM
i dont know why everyone is mad.

I'm not mad about the game, I'm mad that someone has 15 seats in a row!

and this thread is mostly to laugh at the absurdity of the whole feeding frenzy.

English Rachel
06-11-2009, 01:29 PM
I have 8 seats to share with friends, I am no scalper... BUT I will sell 3 of mine for $40 more than I pay so my ticket is covered, is that bad?

menefreghista

people KNOW that the tickets are going on sale to the general public next week, and not that long after they go to SSH. Why would someone sink a grand for a family to go see the game now, when they can probably pick up 4 seats for $400 next week? Especially for the back row supporters section seats?

If someone is willing to pay that much cash for shit seats... then they deserve what they get.

I never understand this. Take a look at the Zidane game. People are selling tickets for that on craigslist at a premium, while it is still possible to get good tickets on Ticketmaster's website. And its the same thing with the Jays.

Angelo1405
i agree, its more expensive than most seats in the NBA finals...

Cas87
06-11-2009, 01:31 PM
15 fucking seats !?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 01:50 PM
I have 8 seats to share with friends, I am no scalper... BUT I will sell 3 of mine for $40 more than I pay so my ticket is covered, is that bad?

nothing wrong with that.

"I kept the mink, is that wrong?"

^ bonus points to anyone who knows what movie that's from.

FluSH
06-11-2009, 01:52 PM
send them a nigerian scam email in return for some tickets :D

haha Send the RPB Nigerian squad...

BuSaPuNk
06-11-2009, 01:53 PM

Yeah seriously. I'm going to try and get some good seats for the game during the presale....hopefully with alot of people not going there will be some left for us Gold listers. Going to try and get 2 for me and 2 to sell at a "loyality price".

DaBandit
06-11-2009, 01:54 PM
nothing wrong with that.

Goodfellas??

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Goodfellas??

nope. hint. Michael Caine.

uncle p
06-11-2009, 01:56 PM
nothing wrong with that.

Frankie Carbon was too much of a heat score!!

billyfly
Blame it on Rio!

Parkdale
nope. direct quote, said by a woman.

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Blame it on Rio!

no, but closer than Godfellas.

billyfly
06-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I kid. Its dirty rotten scondrels

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 01:58 PM
I kid. Its dirty rotten scondrels

ding ding ding ding ding~

billyfly is clearly a man of taste and refinement.

Why is there a cork on the fork?

Hooligan69
06-11-2009, 01:59 PM
15 seats in a row. That's too funny. :rofl:

billyfly
06-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Too Funny! "Dr. Shuffhausen...paging Dr. Emile Shuffhausen"

English Rachel
06-11-2009, 02:10 PM
I love dirty rotten scoundrels, great movie.

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 02:19 PM
"...and they were..... DANCING!"

NateDoGG
06-11-2009, 02:20 PM
the funny thing is, once they notice that kaka and ronaldo are not going to take any part in this match, they are goin to riot......

SilverSamurai

How the hell did you get 8 seats?!
I can't even get 1... ok I can but not w/o the Marlies pack...
Scalper! ;)

DaBandit
"...and they were..... DANCING!"

Goodfellas?? lol

Steve
06-11-2009, 02:22 PM
yeah...

and 15 seats in a row?

I agree with you on the 15 seats in a row thing, I wish MLSE would try to cut down on scalpers owning such large sections.

But, I have to question your other comment. Now, I could understand if you were against any scalping at all. No selling tickets for more than face value. Seems like a good line to stop at, since it's also the legal line to stop at.

I can even understand you being PRO scalping, which is to say, ok with selling a ticket which you rightly own, to an event that is expected to sell out, for more than you paid for it. Supply, meet demand. I get that.

What I don't get is where you draw the line between "acceptable" and "unacceptable" profit margins. If you're going to allow a markup, you're relying on the free market to take its course. In that case, there is no morally wrong price, merely a price that most people aren't willing to pay (therefor, a price that gets the seller exactly nothing, which I think may be the outcome here). Since we're dealing with a product that is far from necessary to life/health (though I suppose it depends who you ask), isn't it fair to let the market sort itself out?

I mean, tickets on craig's list aren't sold, they're for sale. Hell, I could put my water bottle up there for $1000 dollars. Doesn't mean anyone has to buy it.

English Rachel
06-11-2009, 02:25 PM
How the hell did you get 8 seats?!
I can't even get 1... ok I can but not w/o the Marlies pack...
Scalper! ;)

I was an early bird honey, bought my tickets summer of 06 :) I was waiting for Toronto footy for a looooong time.

grizzle
06-11-2009, 02:30 PM

Yes, aren't the rules of this site to sell tickets at face value, not for profit?

English Rachel
06-11-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't sell them on this site, thank you.

loconet
06-11-2009, 02:35 PM
I don't sell them on this site, thank you.

Just because you don't sell them on this site, it doesn't make it "not bad".

All I know is that Stevie G wouldn't approve of this! :p

English Rachel
06-11-2009, 02:38 PM
And I don't sell normal seats at a profit, I am solely talking about the RM game to cover the cost of my seat.

None of your business though really, is it?

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Yes, aren't the rules of this site to sell tickets at face value, not for profit?

no one is selling for above face on this site.

Very good points Steve. I guess the the (one) issue I have is that people are selling sub-par seats for crazy prices. I know that front row, dead center, or front row of a corner could demand a premium price, but marking up last row seats, behind the net just seems excessive. I guess I'm PRO 'marked up prices' (don't want to use the world 'scalping') for this game, because it's already swimming in bullshit, but at least be honest with what you have. It bugs me that people are trying to sell nosebleeds for $600 a pair, just because that will hurt people who are trying to sell decent seats at a fair markup. What's fair? That depends on the seat I guess.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Real Madrid and TFC will be the hottest ticket in some time...But $600 is a bit much

loconet
06-11-2009, 02:43 PM
None of your business though really, is it?

I guess not but then why ask for our opinion on a public forum? Silly isn't it?

English Rachel
06-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I guess not but then why ask for our opinion on a public forum? Silly isn't it?

I was asking Mike.

Steve
06-11-2009, 02:46 PM
no one is selling for above face on this site.

Very good points Steve. I guess the the (one) issue I have is that people are selling sub-par seats for crazy prices. I know that front row, dead center, or front row of a corner could demand a premium price, but marking up last row seats, behind the net just seems excessive. I guess I'm PRO 'marked up prices' (don't want to use the world 'scalping') for this game, because it's already swimming in bullshit, but at least be honest with what you have. It bugs me that people are trying to sell nosebleeds for $600 a pair, just because that will hurt people who are trying to sell decent seats at a fair markup. What's fair? That depends on the seat I guess.

How? Wouldn't that actually HELP people who are selling good seats for a "fair" markup? I mean, if I'm looking for tickets to the match (assuming I have access to a seating chart, which everyone should), and I see terrible tickets for $600, then great midfield seats for $450, wouldn't I be more inclined to buy the good seats for cheaper? No one is forced to pay the $600, but seeing that amount might actually lesson the "sticker shock" of $450 (why, that seems downright reasonable!).

So let them try to sell their terrible tickets at markup prices. As long as they aren't downright lying to people ("Great midfield seats in section 227!") and the buyer can be reasonably expected to hunt down a seating chart before paying $600 for a pair of tickets, I don't see how they're hurting anyone.

And I'm not trying to attack you, I usually agree with most of your posts here, I was just curious as to how you draw a "fair price" line when you're relying on the free market to decide (which has no "fair price" by definition, only the price someone will pay you).

loconet
06-11-2009, 02:51 PM
I was asking Mike.

No not really. At least from TA, you know that's not how forums work. You posted a message without quoting anyone. It wasn't a PM either. It looked like a public/open question to everyone discussing the thread's topic and It looks like I wasn't the only one "confused".

But whatever, my mistake. it doesn't really matter, at the end, you are right - it's your own business of course :)

BakaGaijin
06-11-2009, 02:55 PM
I agree with you on the 15 seats in a row thing, I wish MLSE would try to cut down on scalpers owning such large sections.

But, I have to question your other comment. Now, I could understand if you were against any scalping at all. No selling tickets for more than face value. Seems like a good line to stop at, since it's also the legal line to stop at.

I can even understand you being PRO scalping, which is to say, ok with selling a ticket which you rightly own, to an event that is expected to sell out, for more than you paid for it. Supply, meet demand. I get that.

What I don't get is where you draw the line between "acceptable" and "unacceptable" profit margins. If you're going to allow a markup, you're relying on the free market to take its course. In that case, there is no morally wrong price, merely a price that most people aren't willing to pay (therefor, a price that gets the seller exactly nothing, which I think may be the outcome here). Since we're dealing with a product that is far from necessary to life/health (though I suppose it depends who you ask), isn't it fair to let the market sort itself out?

I mean, tickets on craig's list aren't sold, they're for sale. Hell, I could put my water bottle up there for $1000 dollars. Doesn't mean anyone has to buy it.

The scalpers operate as a collective. They have a monopoly on the after market tickets. They hoard these tickets and have managed to 'corner the market'. THEY set the prices. There is no FREE MARKET. Anyone that says scalping is free market economics has no clue.......

English Rachel
06-11-2009, 02:56 PM
No not really. At least from TA, you know that's not how forums work. You posted a message without quoting anyone. It wasn't a PM either. It looked like a public/open question to everyone discussing the thread's topic and It looks like I wasn't the only one "confused".

But whatever, my mistake. it doesn't really matter, at the end, you are right - it's your own business of course :)

Bitch bitch bitch just because I didn't hit the quote button. Mike was the last person to post the last 2 posts, really, I didn't think it mattered.

And even so, you didn't post YOUR opinion, you posted what you though Steve G would say....

I think that's trolling for the sake, wanted me to sit up and notice you, did you?

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 02:58 PM
And I'm not trying to attack you, I usually agree with most of your posts here, I was just curious as to how you draw a "fair price" line when you're relying on the free market to decide (which has no "fair price" by definition, only the price someone will pay you).

don't worry Steve, I know it's not an attack. In fact, it's adult debates like this that restore my faith in this section of the forum..

You've got a point that it can help people get a good deal, if they are willing to do a little research. However, I think that when there are people selling junk, next to people selling quality, it makes the whole enterprise look worse.

If you get people selling 'center field 227 seats (I laughed)' on craigslist, it makes the whole place look like it's filled with shysters. I guess that's the problem of any 'open market' like that. There are deals to be had on craigslist, but there are also outright scams. It would be like going to a Shoppers Drug Mart with a crack dealer outside - the whole thing is cheapened because of the perception you get.

I know it's up to the buyer to protect themselves. Maybe it's just me, but I see the few ridiculous adds and start to assume that all the adds are like that. I guess in the end, the only honest place to buy tickets is right from the boxoffice or from a supporters group with a policy of face value.

loconet
06-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Bitch bitch bitch ...

You had me up to that point. I already apologized for my "confusion", I'm not sure what else you want. I'll leave you to it then.

:drum:

Derko
06-11-2009, 03:02 PM
I didn't even bother, as much as I would like to see Real Madrid play, I'll see a better Real match on TV next season.

English Rachel
06-11-2009, 03:04 PM
You had me up to that point. I already apologized for my "confusion", I'm not sure what else you want. I'll leave you to it then.

:drum:

Apologizing for your "confusion" isn't apologizing for your confusion. The quotation marks imply that you feel I thought you were confused but you don't think you were. A kind of middle finger flipped at me, veiled in a thin, transparent cloud of an apology.

Whatever, no hard feelings, just calling it as I see it.

Have a nice day.

Darlofletch
06-11-2009, 03:14 PM
"Seats are in Section 110, Row 30. Seats 17&18
(THIS SECTION IS AN OFFICIAL FAN SECTION)
This section will create the best overall atmosphere, and if you can find any better seats i will be more than surprised!"

better seats than row 30 of section 110? impossible!

And then he uses a photo that's clearly taken from 104 or 105 to illustrate his great seats. brilliant.

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 03:26 PM
"Seats are in Section 110, Row 30. Seats 17&18
(THIS SECTION IS AN OFFICIAL FAN SECTION)
This section will create the best overall atmosphere, and if you can find any better seats i will be more than surprised!"

better seats than row 30 of section 110? impossible!

And then he uses a photo that's clearly taken from 104 or 105 to illustrate his great seats. brilliant.

hahaha. I lol'ed.

yeah, that's the kind of outright lies that makes craigslist look like crap.
hopefully people know better than to buy into outright lies.

sully
06-11-2009, 03:36 PM
have tickets gone on sale from TFC already?

CretanBull
06-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Check out these insane prices: $140 in the supporters section, but if you're a season ticket holder they'll knock off $15 for loyalty!

Darlofletch
06-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Check out these insane prices: $140 in the supporters section, but if you're a season ticket holder they'll knock off $15 for loyalty!

Well done sir!:smilielol5:

Section225
06-11-2009, 04:01 PM
every person is entitled to their own opinion. The back and forth in this thread is a waste of time.

my opinion:
Why wouldn't you sell your tickets for alot of $$ if the demand is there. If there are enough dummies out there who will pay that much (are there?!?!?!) then why not go right ahead? They will end up seeing a mediocre game of footie on shitty grass with players who are not trying to hard (oh wait, that's like every TFC game these days ; ). I am not going, because even at $125 this is a ripoff. Im not buying then selling either, because....uhmm...Im lazy.

over and out...

English Rachel
06-11-2009, 04:02 PM
We made friends over pm, don't worry :)

AL-MO
06-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I must admit, I am considering getting a single in 112 for this game and proving BC right! :lol:

KdotOdot
06-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Just saw this thread. I wish I was one of those people charging $600 a seat in 117.

This game is a slap in the nuts/vag of every and any TFC supporter in the city. The ground shoud be EMPTY. The only reason it's not me charging $800 a seat in 112 is because I refused to buy the fucking shit in the first place.

15 seats in a row guy is a fucking saint.

RedMAN127
06-11-2009, 04:27 PM
are people pre-selling these? my window is next week ... could only afford to go if I bought all five and sold 2 or 3 to make the price reasonable ($150 in S127)

FYI, face value is more than SSH pay for the tickets, so margins may be relative to some!

uncle p
06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
If the front office is gonna treat this game like a cash grab i (for the first time) have no problem with people in this forum treating it like a cash grab.....

But this reeks of the Beck's game all over!! so many people are gonna have handful's of tix that they will be forced to sell at a loss

Suds
06-11-2009, 05:05 PM
are people pre-selling these? my window is next week ... could only afford to go if I bought all five and sold 2 or 3 to make the price reasonable ($150 in S127)

FYI, face value is more than SSH pay for the tickets, so margins may be relative to some!

It's scalpers testing the market before they go on sale next week.

Post the outrageous price now to see what kind of demand there is and what price point people will bite.

MFG1
06-11-2009, 07:54 PM
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tix/1214543114.html

^ row 30 of 110 for $600 a pop.

AND they are calling it 'an official fan section'. The hell does that mean?
isn't every seat a 'fan section'? and if it was a 'supporters section'.....
it sure as hell wont be on for that game.

Thats 3 rows in front of me, wait till i find out, Im pretty sure I know who, yeah seats 17 and 18 I know them , its two 45ish piss tanks that think they are the most hardcore of supporters on a regular day, go figure

Darlofletch
06-11-2009, 08:47 PM

It's just people being smart and trying to get the money up front. a lot of them say to get in touch before Monday. Seems like if someone takes them up on it, they'll go ahead and buy their ticket and sell it on. If no-one wants them, they just don't buy the ticket.

Same potential profit margin, but absolutely 0 risk of being stuck with tickets you have to sell for a loss.

maximo_rpd
06-11-2009, 09:11 PM
If the front office is gonna treat this game like a cash grab i (for the first time) have no problem with people in this forum treating it like a cash grab.....

But this reeks of the Beck's game all over!! so many people are gonna have handful's of tix that they will be forced to sell at a loss

Uncle P has it weighed off exactly - anybody who buys tickets thinking to resell is going to take a royal bath. Save your money now and buy some tickets for 1/2 price from some poor smuck who dumps them on ebay when they get desperate to get any money back at all.

Cuz
06-11-2009, 09:44 PM

that's bullshit!

I'm not against people selling the tickets if they aren't going,
but to charge $600 a seat for the 29th row? That's disgusting.

Hey! I'm in that photo of Blanco being showered with streamers! Does that mean this asshole owes me a piece of that $600 for using my likeness in his advertisement? I think there are probably a few hundred people that asshole owes some money to then... I think I smell a class action lawsuit! lol

Afra
06-12-2009, 06:10 AM
ding ding ding ding ding~

billyfly is clearly a man of taste and refinement.

Why is there a cork on the fork?

One of my favourite scenes ever. . .