PDA

View Full Version : Cummins labels Harmse "not a defender"

jloome
06-10-2009, 09:30 PM
"Harmsey's gone in there, he's done a job. I know he's not a defender but I thought he went in there and did a very good job for us."

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090609&content_id=5233018&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

If he doesn't think he's a defender, why the f--K does Harmse keep playing there?

Ageroo
06-10-2009, 09:32 PM
"Harmsey's gone in there, he's done a job. I know he's not a defender but I thought he went in there and did a very good job for us."

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090609&content_id=5233018&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

If he doesn't think he's a defender, why the f--K does Harmse keep playing there?

No choice as I guess Cummins and Carver thought the younsters were just too green. He is definitely not a defender.

S_D
06-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Velez was in Carver's doghouse the moment he got that red with that Eskandarian dust up. Harmse was the only guy left. As for him playing right back he didn't look comfortable at all there, but didn't do a terrible job.

InTheCrowd
06-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I think Harmse should play.................... left bench.

TFCRegina
06-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Velez should play central waiver.

andyc
06-10-2009, 10:20 PM

Left back off the field...

ochos
06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
For what it's worth, I've seen Velez fuck up way more than Harmse at the back..

FluSH
06-10-2009, 10:23 PM
really!

TorontoBlades
06-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Velez should play Left Toronto

Shway
06-10-2009, 11:05 PM
but mo is to blame and its not cummins fault......:rolleyes:

twistedchinaman
06-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Harmse should have been gone long, long ago.

kitchener-TFC
06-11-2009, 08:29 AM
This is like one of those Stephane Dion commercials. Kevin Harmse...NOT A DEFENDER! Oh, and Velez sucks too.
A message paid by anyone who has seen these two play.

Fort York Redcoat
06-11-2009, 08:43 AM
I think Harmse should play.................... left bench.

Left back off the field...

Good postin' boys.

TOBOR !
06-11-2009, 09:03 AM
The thing is, aspirations of TOTAL FOOTBALL aside, how hard can it be for a midfielder to adjust to playing defense ? is it easier for a full-back to move up to midfield (Wynne) that it is the other way around ?

trane
06-11-2009, 09:09 AM
For what it's worth, I've seen Velez fuck up way more than Harmse at the back..

Not this year.

TFC Tifoso
06-11-2009, 09:13 AM
he sholud've labeled him "not a very good soccer player" instead....

Pachuco
06-11-2009, 09:14 AM
I don't know how some of you are surprised Cummins said this. When our defense is healthy, Cummins has played Harmse in midfield. Everyone in the world knows Harmse ain't a defender, but unfortunately, WE HAVE NO DEPTH in that position. I personally think he makes a decent midfielder off the bench and hopefully with Garcia coming in that's where we'll be seeing him more often.

C.Ronaldo
06-11-2009, 09:15 AM
i get dizzy palying mid........so i find defence easier

does that count?

trane
06-11-2009, 11:06 AM
I say to Cummins " No shit Sherlock".

ensco
06-11-2009, 12:10 PM
This is BS.

TFC management ranked Dunivant (and Pozniak) behind Harmse, and these are guys who can actually be utility players of a decent caliber, and play any backline or MF spot.

It's not like you should wake up one morning in June and say to yourself, "I've got it! Given the cap/roster restrictions in MLS, we need depth players who can play different positions!"

romburgundy
06-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Harmse's best position
http://www.portlandetc.org/assets/images/Pylon2.jpg

trane
06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
^ Mo tried to sign him, but they could not come to terms.

TFC Via Buffalo
06-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Pylon is a pre-madonna anyway. I was driving along, and he was so ignorant, he wouldn't even move and got stuck in my tire. At least if I hit Harmse with my car, he'd have the class to roll to the side of the road.

poppamidnight
06-11-2009, 01:49 PM
The kids looked better than Harmse....

Heck, Gabe Gala hasen't even seen the bench, and I'd prefer him to Harmse....

When did we find out about Nana's abilities?

....When we finally gave him the chance...

Give the kids the chance,
The gambian + Gala.

Cut Harmse bloated salary.... I'd prefer to overpay a character guy like Sutton than see Harmse eat that much cap space

trane
06-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Pylon is a pre-madonna anyway. I was driving along, and he was so ignorant, he wouldn't even move and got stuck in my tire. At least if I hit Harmse with my car, he'd have the class to roll to the side of the road.

Mo must have had the same experince with Harmse and the pylon, that is why he decided to go with Harmse.

ExiledRed
06-11-2009, 03:20 PM

If you hit Harmse with your car, I hope you have the class to reverse over him.

Waggy
06-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Harmse is a Mid, not a defender. How is this news? Obviously ideally he'd be playing in position. If we had better players overall this wouldn't be an issue. I thought the times I've seen him in midfield this year he's played fairly well. Also on the backline, I feel like Wynns speed covers up a LOT of mistakes. Without him, we're seeing it.

VPjr
06-12-2009, 12:28 AM
^ Wynne makes alot of mistakes (he's a disaster when it comes to positioning and reading the game) and relies almost exclusively on his speed to make up for his poor decision making. There are times when the CBs get blamed for making mistakes that are really a result of thinking they have to cover up for an out of position Wynne.

going forward, Wynne is pretty useless (horrible passer, can't put in a decent cross on the run, doesn't really possess 1v1 skills to beat his mark)

As much as people think that the team needs more help at CB (which they do), what they really need is a pair of quality full backs. Wynne is not the answer (my opinion) and Brennan has clearly lost a step on the left side.

The Kingpin
06-12-2009, 03:49 AM
really!

I know - PURE GENIUS!! How did he crack this case??

Ossington Mental Youth
06-12-2009, 04:38 AM
The kids looked better than Harmse....

Heck, Gabe Gala hasen't even seen the bench, and I'd prefer him to Harmse....

When did we find out about Nana's abilities?

....When we finally gave him the chance...

Give the kids the chance,
The gambian + Gala.

Cut Harmse bloated salary.... I'd prefer to overpay a character guy like Sutton than see Harmse eat that much cap space

Id like to see more from Gala too as hes a winger but supposedly his fitness has been less than satisfactory in several circles (including hte nats) hence his lack of appearences

Northern Soul
06-12-2009, 09:02 AM
^ Wynne makes alot of mistakes (he's a disaster when it comes to positioning and reading the game) and relies almost exclusively on his speed to make up for his poor decision making. There are times when the CBs get blamed for making mistakes that are really a result of thinking they have to cover up for an out of position Wynne.

going forward, Wynne is pretty useless (horrible passer, can't put in a decent cross on the run, doesn't really possess 1v1 skills to beat his mark)

As much as people think that the team needs more help at CB (which they do), what they really need is a pair of quality full backs. Wynne is not the answer (my opinion) and Brennan has clearly lost a step on the left side.

Completely agree. I think we're ok now with Garcia in the middle, but we definitely need different full backs.

Yohan
06-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Completely agree. I think we're ok now with Garcia in the middle, but we definitely need different full backs.
I believe Garcia originally started his career as a RB...

poppamidnight
06-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Id like to see more from Gala too as hes a winger but supposedly his fitness has been less than satisfactory in several circles (including hte nats) hence his lack of appearences

Ahh that explains it,

But regardless, I never classified neither him or harmse as starter worthy,

I'd just rather see a cheaper kid on the bench getting the occasional shot (and development), then see Harmse eat that much cap space (almost double the 35-$40,000 I thought he was making!).