PDA

View Full Version : Would you resign Vitti to a lower contract?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Yes or No?

Im honestly curious.

As mentioned he has obvious talent he just isnt putting the ball in the net.
What if he genuinely liked it here and would stay for alot less (no lower than 100k).
Would you chance him with another year and a lower contract?

(i know its inevitable but please save the "id sign him for a bag of chips and a bag of balls'' ish)

Shway
06-10-2009, 11:52 AM
I would keep him for no more then 100k ossi

TFC07
06-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Yes!

Lucky Strike
06-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Yes or No?

What if he wanted to sign for 100k?

Im honestly curious.
As mentioned he has obvious talent just isnt putting the ball in the net.
Would you chance him with another year and a lower contract?

(i know its inevitable but please save the "id sign him for a bag of chips and a bag of balls'' ish)

< 100K: No question.
100-150K: Probably.
150-200K: If there aren't better options.
200K+: I can't see the benefit.

Blazer
06-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Absolutely ... for 100K ... absolutely.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Id be curious to see if thats what happens (IF hes happy here and really has no other options and doesnt want to go elsewhere...)

Yohan
06-10-2009, 11:55 AM
i'll give him few more games before making a decision

he's like inches away from a breakout game.

just one goal to break the jinx!

Waggy
06-10-2009, 11:56 AM

+1. Completely agree

CoachGT
06-10-2009, 12:13 PM
I think he is as talented as any player on TFC in terms of pure skill, but the inability to put it all together worries me. I wonder how much of that comes to communication/language?

I'm hoping that he is a game or two (or less) away from breaking out.

If not, under $150K I would keep him, but beyond that, there must be better options.

scooter
06-10-2009, 12:14 PM
i'll give him few more games before making a decision

he's like inches away from a breakout game.

just one goal to break the jinx!

oh yeah he was sososo close on saturday
i was trying to will the ball in the net
maybe this is his week to bad guavara is away

zeelaw
06-10-2009, 12:14 PM
When this guy scores.... I just see bags and bags of goals

Stouffville_RPB
06-10-2009, 12:19 PM
HELL YEAH!!!

As mentioned above the has a tonne of skill and moves so well off the ball. He's been playing on the opposite side of DeRo most of the time. It doesn't help him that 90% of what TFC tries offensively goes through DeRo. The guy has talent.

If he and Barrett are on the same pay level it isn't even close.

zeelaw
06-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Wait until Vitti actually gets a decent strike partner.. man taht would be sick

Inklink
06-10-2009, 12:32 PM
If TFC ever win a penalty .. they should put him on the spot.

Bah. TFC .. penalty .. who am I kidding? :(

poppamidnight
06-10-2009, 12:34 PM
$140-180,000

But it won't happen... He's either here or gone

ExiledRed
06-10-2009, 12:35 PM
for $125 - $150 k

absolutely

torontocelt
06-10-2009, 12:35 PM
No, although I don't think he is a bad player I certainly don't think he is a good player. I haven't seen anything from him which would make me understand how he ever played for Argentina at youth level, maybe his uncle was the manager or something? His lack of goals for me is alarming, even if he is played out wide you would have hoped someone with his early pedigree would have netted a few by now. Vitti for me has been a failure so far on the pitch and I doubt he will change my mind although I would love it if he did.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
for $125 - $150 k

absolutely

in capped leauge thats still overpaid for a player who cant score .....

How 75k....with scoring bonuses :)

Canadian Blue
06-10-2009, 12:41 PM
yes....

TorontoBlades
06-10-2009, 12:45 PM
how much do those riverdance dudes make, me need to make sure we price out the alternative

jrober38
06-10-2009, 12:47 PM
I really don't see where all the hype comes from surrounding Vitti. The guy hasn't scored a league goal in four years. He just doesn't appear to have what it takes to be a goal scorer.

Would I keep him for a lesser contract? Yes, I just don't see him ever becoming the goal scorer some people think he will.

Pachuco
06-10-2009, 12:50 PM

I'm with Lucky. This is exactly where I rate his worth.

Pachuco
06-10-2009, 12:56 PM
I really don't see where all the hype comes from surrounding Vitti. The guy hasn't scored a league goal in four years. He just doesn't appear to have what it takes to be a goal scorer.

Would I keep him for a lesser contract? Yes, I just don't see him ever becoming the goal scorer some people think he will.

The hype doesn't have to be tied into scoring goals. It has to do with playing well. That's all I give a shit about. He's not our solution that we need as a striker. but he has yet to play that position so why compare his hype to what a striker should be doing?

jrober38
06-10-2009, 01:03 PM
The hype doesn't have to be tied into scoring goals. It has to do with playing well. That's all I give a shit about. He's not our solution that we need as a striker. but he has yet to play that position so why compare his hype to what a striker should be doing?

If Vitti hasn't been playing striker, what position has he been playing? Attacking midfield?

Either way, he's on the field to score goals and the fact that he hasn't scored a league goal in four years can't be ignored.

Stouffville_RPB
06-10-2009, 01:07 PM
If Vitti hasn't been playing striker, what position has he been playing?

Midfield/Winger. Haven't you been watching?

Pachuco
06-10-2009, 01:23 PM
If Vitti hasn't been playing striker, what position has he been playing? Attacking midfield?

Either way, he's on the field to score goals and the fact that he hasn't scored a league goal in four years can't be ignored.

Seriously meng, gotta start watching the ones with a red jersey. Vitti has been either out wide or in the midfield. We have not seen him as an out and out striker this entire year. So would you say that Cronin is on the field to score goals? I'm just wondering, cause he hasn't scored either. But he's a heck of a player.

I get that Vitti is an attacking midfielder, but that don't mean he has to put the ball in the net.

prizby
06-10-2009, 01:27 PM
He's worth 50% of his salary (144k)

jrober38
06-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Seriously meng, gotta start watching the ones with a red jersey. Vitti has been either out wide or in the midfield. We have not seen him as an out and out striker this entire year. So would you say that Cronin is on the field to score goals? I'm just wondering, cause he hasn't scored either. But he's a heck of a player.

I get that Vitti is an attacking midfielder, but that don't mean he has to put the ball in the net.

He's never played as the out and out striker, but he often plays as the second striker playing off of Barrett and in playing in that role he's yet to score a goal. Whether playing as a second striker, an attacking midfielder or a winger making the money he does, at some point you have to start producing offensively. DeRo and Guevara are able to produce for us in a similar role. Vitti needs to start doing the same.

Stouffville_RPB
06-10-2009, 01:48 PM
He's never played as the out and out striker, but he often plays as the second striker playing off of Barrett and in playing in that role he's yet to score a goal. Whether playing as a second striker, an attacking midfielder or a winger making the money he does, at some point you have to start producing offensively. DeRo and Guevara are able to produce for us in a similar role. Vitti needs to start doing the same.

Vitti has not often played off of Barrett. I really don't think you're watching TFC. We've been playing a 4-3-3 with Vitti as the winger or mid. Before that Vitti rarely featured for John Carver.

Honestly watch Vitti for 20 minutes. You will see he does bring something to the offense.

BuSaPuNk
06-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I think he is as talented as any player on TFC in terms of pure skill, but the inability to put it all together worries me. I wonder how much of that comes to communication/language?

I'm hoping that he is a game or two (or less) away from breaking out.

If not, under $150K I would keep him, but beyond that, there must be better options.

I was thinking the same thing coach! Got to wonder if the language barrier is not helping things. I do believe that as soon as he gets over that hump he'll bag some goals. I like what he bring when he is on the field....great passer and can control the ball well around the box. Just need someone who can get in those seems through the backline (hmmm....GERBA!!) and capitalize on Vitti and DeRo's through balls in the box.

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-10-2009, 02:22 PM
No. If you look at his age and the number of years that he’s already been playing professionally, there is no reason to think that he will ever be able to take his play to the next level. Gerba makes much more sense for the team right now.

Keyman
06-10-2009, 02:35 PM
If Vitti had been brought in from a Championship side in England, or basically if he was an English born player, then there would be countless threads calling for his head. We did not sign Vitti to play out wide, we did not sign Vitti to play as an attacking midfielder, we signed Vitti to score. So far, he has been an absolute failure.

Pachuco
06-10-2009, 02:39 PM
If Vitti had been brought in from a Championship side in England, or basically if he was an English born player, then there would be countless threads calling for his head. We did not sign Vitti to play out wide, we did not sign Vitti to play as an attacking midfielder, we signed Vitti to score. So far, he has been an absolute failure.

Oh yeah? really? give me a link where Mo says he signed Vitti to score goals?

EDIT: If Vitti was brought in to solely score goals why has he not played as a striker?

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-10-2009, 02:44 PM

EDIT: If Vitti was brought in to solely score goals why has he not played as a striker?

Because he’s shown he’s unable to do so.

Keyman
06-10-2009, 02:45 PM

I'm pretty sure I remember either Carver or Mo stating that Vitti would contribute on the scoresheet. Too lazy to look though.
But maybe he hasn't been played up front because he can't put the ball in the back of the net?

Stouffville_RPB
06-10-2009, 02:46 PM

I think I found a friend.

The truth is none of us know what Mo invisioned for Vitti when he signed here. You can't evaluate Vitti based on what you wanted him to do.

Vitti has had a positive effect on the field.

Stouffville_RPB
06-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember either Carver or Mo stating that Vitti would contribute on the scoresheet. Too lazy to look though.
But maybe he hasn't been played up front because he can't put the ball in the back of the net?

If he was brought in to score 20 goals he would've been put in the position to do so by the coaching staff from the start. The fact that he doesn't get the chance to play a central role says to me that the coaching staff never saw him as the big scorer.

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
There was a TFC TV clip where Carver was praising his ability to score "garbage goals" (something the team still needs). There where several quotes from Mo and Carver about how Vitti and Barrett would make a lethal scoring partnership.
It’s madness to suggest that he wasn’t signed to score goals.

fetajr
06-10-2009, 02:51 PM
I would sign him for the same money and start him every game.

Once new and competent management and coaching has implemented a possession attacking style brand of football, Vitti will shine.

Frank Costanza
frank likes vitti, dont wanna over pay or nothing but hes young, hes quick, he is slowly developing chemistry with the squad, i think he can be a great vital part of the future. cummins seems to believe in the kid more than JC did and i think like others have said once the first couple goals go in well see a more confident and more sucessfull pablo vitti

Pachuco

Vitti contributing on the score sheet is alot different then claiming he was brought in solely to score goals.

And to everyone else saying that he's proven that he can't score goals (meaning he can't play striker), how would anyone know if no one has seen him play that position? chicken before the egg guys. He needs a shot as striker before I say he can't score goals.

Keyman
06-10-2009, 02:57 PM
If he was brought in to score 20 goals he would've been put in the position to do so by the coaching staff from the start. The fact that he doesn't get the chance to play a central role says to me that the coaching staff never saw him as the big scorer.

He was played up front. In fact, even as early as the Carolina Cup. We put him up front, there's also ample time to prove yourself on the practice pitch. Obviously, the coaches have more faith in Chad Barrett (which says something). Saying that Vitti was brought in to do something other than score goals is ludicrous, in my opinion. Vitti is just getting an easy ride from fans, and I dont know why. His contribution has been very minimal.

Stouffville_RPB
06-10-2009, 03:00 PM
He was played up front. In fact, even as early as the Carolina Cup. We put him up front, there's also ample time to prove yourself on the practice pitch. Obviously, the coaches have more faith in Chad Barrett (which says something). Saying that Vitti was brought in to do something other than score goals is ludicrous, in my opinion. Vitti is just getting an easy ride from fans, and I dont know why. His contribution has been very minimal.

Too many people expected him to set the league on fire which is unfair. Is it that the coaches had more faith in Barrett or that Vitti has more to offer than Barrett elsewhere on the pitch.

Vitti was injured to start the year and Barrett had just signed a long-term deal.

Keyman
06-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Too many people expected him to set the league on fire which is unfair. Is it that the coaches had more faith in Barrett or that Vitti has more to offer than Barrett elsewhere on the pitch.

Vitti was injured to start the year and Barrett had just signed a long-term deal.

Too many people expected him to set the league on fire, this may be true. But as of today, he hasn't even come close to making a significant impact at all. He hasn't even started a fire. His play doesn't warrant any praise.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree, until I see more from him I'm labling him as "pretty useless".