PDA

View Full Version : How Much Can You Blame Mo?

Shway
06-09-2009, 09:44 PM
This is a thread to all the people who are like sack mo, get rid of him, hes shyte....now let me tell you theres not much he can do other than bring in the neccessary players.For example...

At the beginning of the season, did he not bring in almost every player needed....

we got Dero, we got Frei, we got Cronin, we got our apparent goal scorer (vitti)

Now let me say, 99.99999 percent of the fans, believe MO was our saviour, at the beginning of the season, he was getting praise for all the trades he did (hence the nicky:"trader mo"). Toronto FC started out good, THEN, there is the current slump, and who does everyone blame....

My thing is John Carver, got banners, got chants, and got shirts, and what did he do but loose and leave.

Mojo, doesnt get shite....its not his fault if the coach doesnt get his team prepared for the game, who fault is it other then Cummins...

If Ancelloti does bad, there not going to blame it on Gus Hiddink,
so why do we do it with Mo?

I believe he's doing everything he can, hence the trades, hence him still being here and not a quitter.....

If we need someone to blame heres the number one name:

TOM ANSELMI

Sonny Cheeba
06-09-2009, 09:48 PM
gawd. i thought the offseason was bad.

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 09:49 PM
If Ancelloti does bad, there not going to blame it on Gus Hiddink,
so why do we do it with Mo?

If Ancelloti does bad, they wont blame Hiddink cause he'll be coaching the russian team, not persuading Chelsea's best players to take paycuts in order to sign useless donkeys to four year contracts, and trading away good defenders without replacing them.

T0R0NT0 FC
06-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Its' toronto... Leaf town. If they win 2 games in a row they are going to win the stanley cup, if they lose two games in a row they are the worst team in history. I guess that just rubs off on people and they treat TFC in a similar manner.

Mo's hands are severely tied. MLS has the most retarded rules in any football league in the world. It's not his fault in the end. It's the way the MLS is set up with the salary cap, amount of players, no easy move up of reserve players to the first team and on and on.

It's just the way things are in this league. :P

CretanBull
06-09-2009, 09:52 PM

Amen!

T0R0NT0 FC
06-09-2009, 09:53 PM

We got Dero. Our "Canadian Franchise Player", the "Match Made in Heaven". How could the off season be that bad? (oh, and Serioux and 3 sweet draft pics) :rolleyes:

Shway
06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
^^^ i forgot to add serioux into

Sonny Cheeba
06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
We got Dero. Our "Canadian Franchise Player", the "Match Made in Heaven". How could the off season be that bad? (oh, and Serioux and 3 sweet draft pics) :rolleyes:

i mean on the boards.... specifically the Toronto FC section.

T0R0NT0 FC
06-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Ahh.... okay. I get that.

Seriously though... if Manchester City can't turn itself into a great team in a couple seasons with an unlimited buget and none of the MLS problems, what do people expect from a team in a salary capped, "internation player restriction" MLS league?

Shway
06-09-2009, 09:59 PM
If Ancelloti does bad, they wont blame Hiddink cause he'll be coaching the russian team, not persuading Chelsea's best players to take paycuts in order to sign useless donkeys to four year contracts, and trading away good defenders without replacing them.

yea but HIDDINK is the TECHNICAL DIRECCTOR or ADVISOR meaning he can tell ancelloti to bring in this player, or that player.

As for Mo, traded Marshall got Serioux.

The paycuts were NECESSARY : Rohan Ricketts (average 30 minutes a game)
.........................................: Carl Robinson (mediocore - not a game
changer or looser)

The pay increases are showing : Amado Guevarra, Dwayne De Rosario

Biggest mistake to me so far, has been the Chad Barret extension.

Other than that you point is invalid mate

Brooker
06-09-2009, 09:59 PM
should really have to get threads approved before they go up.

this board is getting ridiculous

mclaren
06-09-2009, 10:00 PM

too true - Mo is useless, get rid.

Shway
06-09-2009, 10:00 PM
They Dont Care About Mo Jo
THey Dont care about fans
Toronto Football Club is in the wrong hands

mclaren
06-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Its' toronto... Leaf town. If they win 2 games in a row they are going to win the stanley cup, if they lose two games in a row they are the worst team in history. I guess that just rubs off on people and they treat TFC in a similar manner.

Mo's hands are severely tied. MLS has the most retarded rules in any football league in the world. It's not his fault in the end. It's the way the MLS is set up with the salary cap, amount of players, no easy move up of reserve players to the first team and on and on.

You say that as though his counterpart's in the league are not. If the job is too difficult for him he should leave. We as paying customers shouldn't be making excuses for him. His job is to do well within the constraints of the league.

Shway
06-09-2009, 10:05 PM
should really have to get threads approved before they go up.

this board is getting ridiculous

obviously you are not on these boards enough to see what is being said,
or do you have a little leaf fan mindset

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Any manager worth their salt, leaves a club if they think they're hands are tied and ownership is interfering with their system, or preventing signings they can easily afford.

MoJo is onto a good thing here, as long as he plays yes man and tries to deflect the truth from the fans. That's why he's still here.

Bars92
06-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Mo is the man. He played for both Rangers and Celtic. And some French club. The problem is with MLSE. Get some grass.

Shway
06-09-2009, 10:14 PM
i tihnk he's doing everything he possibly can....

sometimes its the players to blame for not playing up to par

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 10:21 PM
yea but HIDDINK is the TECHNICAL DIRECCTOR or ADVISOR meaning he can tell ancelloti to bring in this player, or that player.

As for Mo, traded Marshall got Serioux.

The paycuts were NECESSARY : Rohan Ricketts (average 30 minutes a game)
.........................................: Carl Robinson (mediocore - not a game
changer or looser)

The pay increases are showing : Amado Guevarra, Dwayne De Rosario

Biggest mistake to me so far, has been the Chad Barret extension.

Other than that you point is invalid mate

The pay cuts were necessary to give the likes of Barrett a fucking raise, and to pay the $288,000 for Vitti. Since Dichio's cut, he doesn't scratch what Barrett or Vitti makes, and he's far superior. What's that about?

DeRo didnt get an increase, he was signed this year.

We needed a CB before Marshall was cut, how does replacing him with Serioux answer that need? If Marshall remained alongside Serioux we'd have much fewer problems at the back right now.

Back to the Ancellotti/Hiddink situation, both of these managers have had illustrious careers, they will be given a chance to replicate their successes. Can you tell me about Mo's previous managerial successes?

And by the way, you're quite annoying you know, with your pathetic little jabs. Stop calling people leaf fans, it seems to me that that term can be applied to both people who complain and people who dont, so it's meaningless.

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Mo is the man. He played for both Rangers and Celtic. And some French club. The problem is with MLSE. Get some grass.

Fuckin' hell. I didnt realise he played for Celtic and Rangers and Nantes. He must be some kind of genius, forget everything I said.

Hooligan69
06-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Mo Jo is the brightest man on the fucking planet. He played for Celtic *and* Rangers. He's a frickin' genius so he is.

:rolleyes: :lol:

trane
06-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Back to the Ancellotti/Hiddink situation, both of these managers have had illustrious careers, they will be given a chance to replicate their successes. Can you tell me about Mo's previous managerial successes?

I was going to make the same point.

Someone else compared Mo's failure, to Benitez not winning the EPL. I acctualy found myself defending LFC and Benitez ( pointing out the CL record).

Bars92
06-09-2009, 10:30 PM
God bless Mo for even being here.

TFC Tifoso
06-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Q: How much can you blame Mo?

A: A lot.

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
God bless Mo for even being here.

You got that right, there's huge teams out there just begging for his services, but he knows Toronto needs him and he stays here out of the goodness of his heart. God Bless that man.

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Ok Im tired, and I've failed to recognise sarcasm.

Apologies Bars, I'm off to bed.

Beach_Red
06-09-2009, 10:39 PM
You say that as though his counterpart's in the league are not. If the job is too difficult for him he should leave. We as paying customers shouldn't be making excuses for him. His job is to do well within the constraints of the league.

Well, it's not like any other team has run away with the league consistently.

Almost all MLS teams are pretty much the same - the winners are usually the teams with the fewest injuries, it's really a league of luck.

People here seem to love New England but they are 0-4 in championship games. Last year's winner of everything, Columbus, isn't exactly looking to repeat. People really wanted Frank Yallop but it's not like San Jose is a playoff threat.

If there was a team in this league that was consistently winning then you could point to that manager and say, 'get him,' but all the teams are up and down, it's the way the league is designed. It's why the managers aren't millionaires.

Someday TFC will have a different manager but the results will be no more consistent. The only thing they aren't doing that they should right now is spending the DP money.

Shway
06-09-2009, 11:01 PM
The pay cuts were necessary to give the likes of Barrett a fucking raise, and to pay the $288,000 for Vitti. Since Dichio's cut, he doesn't scratch what Barrett or Vitti makes, and he's far superior. What's that about?

DeRo didnt get an increase, he was signed this year.

We needed a CB before Marshall was cut, how does replacing him with Serioux answer that need? If Marshall remained alongside Serioux we'd have much fewer problems at the back right now.

And by the way, you're quite annoying you know, with your pathetic little jabs. Stop calling people leaf fans, it seems to me that that term can be applied to both people who complain and people who dont, so it's meaningless.

I want to call you something but i dont want to get banned, but let me be professionall and say the comparison of MO and Hiddink were in retrospect to they can only bring in the players, not responsible for the game play, or tactics that the coach decides.....

Illustrious careers are the likes of coaching MILAN! of corse send mo there i bet he would mess it up...

send Ancelloti here, see how he does.

Your know-it-all- comments can be annoying, and pathetic, but hey nevertheless meaningless

Super
06-10-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm not going to blame Mo for the situation we're in right now. I blame MLSE for not getting us grass - that's my main beef right now. I've pretty much agreed with every signing Mo has made, and I'm not going to sit here and act all clever in hindsight.

Cashcleaner
06-10-2009, 12:06 AM

You simply can't use this as an excuse, though. Every other team in the league has to play by those rules as well. They have to operate under a cap and they have roster restrictions as well. It's really a non-issue.

To be honest, I agree with the previous remarks about Mo being a Yes-Man. I've been getting that vibe for almost two seasons now. He'll basically speak to the media, asking the supporters for some patience as he gets his ducks in a row and make promise after promise with no real result at the end of it all.

Also, where is his loyalties to the players? He certainly has no problem getting the back of the front office, but when we've got our top player publicly denouncing the playing surface at BMO Field, why isn't he on his side?

ensco
06-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Mo is 100% responsible for the Carver soap opera, and his record in signings is poor, but I don't hate him.

He brought in Dichio, he has drafted well (look what SJ has in return for their top picks over the last two years - the rights to ronnie O'Brien, and TFC's 3rd round pick next year), and he stuck his neck out for grass last year by suggesting the Edu money be used for grass.

Mo's fired at the end of the year, i think. His real sin is that he didn't do his due diligence on Carver, who was a certifiable wingnut, and as a direct result we have two lost years, the team is coached by a complete neophyte, and it shows.

I know 87% of the people on here like Cummins and love Carver, not trying to rehash this debate, no need to hammer me for "rehashing" or "Carver bashing". (I also don't care if you agree that Carver was a disaster!). My purpose is to postulate on what the MLSE brass are likely to conclude.

Cashcleaner
06-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Mo is 100% responsible for the Carver soap opera, and his record in signings is poor, but I don't hate him.

He brought in Dichio, he has drafted well (look what SJ has in return for their top picks over the last two years - the rights to ronnie O'Brien, and TFC's 3rd round pick next year), and he stuck his neck out for grass last year by suggesting the Edu money be used for grass.

Mo's gone at the end of the year, i think.

I don't hate him either. If anything, I think he just became redundant and unneccesary.

And yeah, I think we'll see him go at the end of the year.

Super
06-10-2009, 01:41 AM
Hmm, what a thought. Without Mo there would've been no Dichio.

Dunkers
06-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Well, it's not like any other team has run away with the league consistently.

Almost all MLS teams are pretty much the same - the winners are usually the teams with the fewest injuries, it's really a league of luck.

8 out of 13, thats the number of times DC united and Houston (aka San Jose version 1.0) have won the mls cup, those guys sure are lucky to avoid the injury bug

do some homework before pressing the submit reply button, please

CretanBull
06-10-2009, 02:14 AM
My purpose is to postulate on what the MLSE brass are likely to conclude.

I think that they're likely to conclude "You made us how much?! Ok, here's your new contract extention".

Brooker
06-10-2009, 02:22 AM
obviously you are not on these boards enough to see what is being said,
or do you have a little leaf fan mindset

i just don't know how many threads we need on the same bullshit. but whatever.

Cashcleaner
06-10-2009, 03:26 AM
^ Oh wow! I am in for a treat. I'm looking at the sort of post that only happens once in a blue moon here. It is, of course, the elusive "bitching about the very validity of the thread post". We almost hardly ever see these on the forums, so it really is a sight to behold.

Look at how the poster expresses his dismay, not with the contents of the thread, but rather with the existence of the thread itself. Replies like these truly are the Northern White Rhino of the internet. If only there was some way we could be able to see more of these majestic posts!

ExiledRed
06-10-2009, 07:12 AM
I want to call you something but i dont want to get banned.

Your know-it-all- comments can be annoying, and pathetic, but hey nevertheless meaningless

Call me what the hell you like, you'll find I'll give twice what I get.

Mo has no history of success as a manager in this league, or in any other, I'm sure Ancelotti would suck in MLS, but that wasn't my point.

Your know-nothing comments are amusing but nevertheless tedious

Nodoubtguy
06-10-2009, 07:57 AM
You gotta give Mo some credit.....Brings in DeRo, Serioux, and 3 solid picks. On top of that he brings in Vitti (who was at one time considered above Messi for the Argentinian Jr's) and signs Barrett (who made his USA national team debut last year) , who I don't think anyone would have said they'd have only 2 combined goals so far this season.

Davenport
06-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Yawn..................
He's ultimately responsible for building this squad. I.E. signing the players and offering them contracts.
So, YES, he's the one to blame.
Simple really.

T_Mizz
06-10-2009, 08:48 AM

Mo has no history of success as a manager in this league, or in any other, I'm sure Ancelotti would suck in MLS, but that wasn't my point.

can we tone it down a tad guys we're all TFC fans here:scarf:
but to be fair no successful manager will ever come here plain as that. the only players who are successful who come here do so after their successes are long behind them, however I'm sure most coaches will continue coaching at the top flight because they don't lose a step as easily.

Beach_Red
06-10-2009, 09:00 AM
8 out of 13, thats the number of times DC united and Houston (aka San Jose version 1.0) have won the mls cup, those guys sure are lucky to avoid the injury bug

do some homework before pressing the submit reply button, please

Many people here feel that the league has changed an awful lot in the last few years. We hear all the time about how a guy like Jeff Cunningham was good enough to be a star in the "old" MLS but not good enough for the current MLS.

So while you're right, of course, DC dominated the early days of MLS and Houston/San Jose won four, we'll see if that will continue. It doesn't look like Columbus will repeat (though it's too early to tell in this league).

As more teams are added - especially if they can come on strong like Seattle and chances are Portland and Vancouver will (Philly may have a tougher time starting from scratch, we'll see) the chances of a couple of teams dominating are less.

Shway
06-10-2009, 11:58 AM

If Mo is to blame for everything what is the point of Chris Cummins?
Is he not the one who puts the starting 11 out?

At the end of the day, it seems like your scape goat out of "not knowing what your talking about" is to flip it and say i dont know nothing but hey....your nevertheless tedious, and amusing because your histerical.

TFC USA
06-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Mo is not to blame for everything. He is to blame for most of this shit.

Who signed these has-beens like Robert? Mo.

Who thought the solution to our striking problem was CARLOS RUIZ? Mo.

Who got us Chad Barrett? Mo.

Who got us shit players from mediocre UK teams just because they played for them? Mo.

Who put up the 5 year plan idea to pretty much try and secure his job? Mo.

Granted, he got us Dichio, Serioux, and DeRo and some great draft picks. He's great at finding draft talent. Other than that, he's fucking terrible. His "findings" that aren't rookies have been largely failures.

Shway
06-10-2009, 12:16 PM
who signed got us dero? mo
who got us dichio our legend? mo
who got us brennan our captain? mo
who got us carl robinson? mo
who got us serioux? mo
who got us frei? mo
who got the edu deal done? mo
who got us alot of allocation money for players who didn't even play for the team? mo

So Brennan? Dichio? Robinson? are mediocre players for TFC?

Rickets was good 1 season......

ROBERT WAS ABSOLUTE SHIT, I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT ONE

ExiledRed
06-10-2009, 12:29 PM
If Mo is to blame for everything what is the point of Chris Cummins?
Is he not the one who puts the starting 11 out?

At the end of the day, it seems like your scape goat out of "not knowing what your talking about" is to flip it and say i dont know nothing but hey....your nevertheless tedious, and amusing because your histerical.

Mate, every time someone disagrees with you, you insult them, tell them they are an uneducated leafs fan and make ridiculous presumptions about them. Your posts are barely legible and hardly make sense.

Mo isn't to blame for everything, but that doesn't make him blameless.

Signing Barrett to a four year contract, paying Andy Welsh top dollar, training guys in the preseason who have no interest in playing for us and then getting in starters after the season is underway, chopping Marshall and Dunivant without replacing them, playing a 3-5-2 with Poz, Reda and Braz at the back, towing the line for Anselmi, and making ridiculous claims to the fans that are obviously bullshit......the list goes on.

Mo's boneheaded moves are never fixed until long after the damage is done.

Dichio was scoping MLS anyway, it's not unlikely we would have got him in season one whoever the coach was, because we were the expansion team that year we had first pick of the new players.

The point of Chris Cummins by the way, is to plug the gap left by Carver, who was filling in for Mo after his 'promotion.' and to absorb the responsibility for poor performances.

Mo was 'promoted' because his game tactics were crap.

ExiledRed
06-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Serioux would have been here in year one were it not for Mo.

DeRo would have found his way here also, it's no secret he wanted to play for Toronto.

Oldtimer
06-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Dichio was scoping MLS anyway, it's not unlikely we would have got him in season one whoever the coach was, because we were the expansion team that year we had first pick of the new players.

Not true. Dichio came to TFC because he couldn't get a US visa, even though his wife is American and they wanted to live in the US. Mo saw the opportunity and swooped. It was a good move on his part, because DD was set to give up on MLS.

ExiledRed
06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Not true. Dichio came to TFC because he couldn't get a US visa, even though his wife is American and they wanted to live in the US. Mo saw the opportunity and swooped. It was a good move on his part, because DD was set to give up on MLS.

So what's to say another coach wouldn't have 'swooped'?

He was trialing at Chicago, it's not like any other coach wouldn't have been aware of him.

TorontoBlades
06-10-2009, 12:51 PM
So what's to say another coach wouldn't have 'swooped'?

He was trialing at Chicago, it's not like any other coach wouldn't have been aware of him.

That's poor form Exilied, if you critique Mo for his shortcomings you have to also appreciate his good moves. That's like any who's to say every other manager wouldn't have made the same mistakes as Mo, therefore let's keep him, right?

ExiledRed
06-10-2009, 01:10 PM
That's poor form Exilied, if you critique Mo for his shortcomings you have to also appreciate his good moves. That's like any who's to say every other manager wouldn't have made the same mistakes as Mo, therefore let's keep him, right?

I've given Mo nothing but appreciation until this year. I've chided others on this board for not giving him a chance, but that's done now, his time is up.

He's getting way too much credit for doing his job (signing a decent forward for instance) and not enough challenging on his big mistakes.

Dichio is my favourite player, but I'm not going to sit here and say that signing him was a genius move. We needed a good forward, and we got one. Fuckin' 'A' Mo, you signed a good player! here's a free pass for five years.

TorontoBlades
06-10-2009, 01:13 PM
The thing I've learned since I've started supporting an MLS side is to lower your standards some. Mo ain't great, but he ain't as bad as some of the other managers in the league. Relative to them I beleive we've made out quite well, no?

Beach_Red
06-10-2009, 01:31 PM
The thing I've learned since I've started supporting an MLS side is to lower your standards some. Mo ain't great, but he ain't as bad as some of the other managers in the league. Relative to them I beleive we've made out quite well, no?

This is true. MLS is a low-skill league. Most of the goals are scored off broken plays and bad bounces and misplays - luck more than skill most of the time - and player acquisitions are like that, too.

Waggy
06-10-2009, 01:50 PM
No-one is saying Mo hasn't made good moves. Guys been here for 3 years, of course he's done some things right. That doesn't matter though. Good moves in year 1 are good moves in year 1. Its year 3 and we haven't improved, so at that point you weigh the good moves against the bad. How do you do that? By looking at success. Mo built the entire roster we have, and Mo hired all the coaches we've had. He wasn't hampered with any contracts, players, egos, reputations, nothing. He came in with a blank slate, and built a mediocre team. This offseason? Dero forced a trade to Toronto, Mo didn't do anything brilliant. Dero came out and said "only Toronto". So they took 20 cents on the dollar for him. Serioux, Mo traded away then got back. Okay.

Now lets look at the other moves: like the quality CB that its been obvious we've needed since day 1. Or the quality striker its been PAINFULLY obvious we needed since day 1. Or how about the glut of midfielders and forwards, who are either older, perenially injured (and don't give me turf crap, we aren't the only club in the league playing on turf), or overrated? How about some of the contracts Mo's given out? In a capped league, you CAN'T over pay for people. Thats just something yuo cant do without crippling your team. THAT is the job of a GM. I gave Mo the 3 years he asked for, I want to see SOME improvement. Some holes being filled. Some improved Cap management. I've seen nothing thus far. Nothing. And as for luck, you make your own luck. The Patriots don't just constantly "get lucky". you put yourself in a position to get lucky.

fetajr
06-10-2009, 02:53 PM
I blame MO for everything, the sooner he is fired and a manager with a good football mind and vision takes over, the better it will be.

Until then, expect more MoJo style boot it up the field and hope for the best style football.

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I think people talk up Mo finding Dichio a little too much, he was on the radar of other MLS teams before he landed here (I think he even trained / trailed with DC or Chicago at one point).

If by some miracle he gets us some attacking players in and we get past Montreal and advance into the CCL all is forgiven in my eyes.

ExiledRed
06-10-2009, 03:06 PM
^^I love how many people with 'Mo' in their usernames have turned on him.

You know it's all gone wrong when....

Oldtimer
06-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Mo is a great drafter. That's his strong point, and what keeps him in with Anselmi.

However, his overall record (hiring coaches, foreign players, etc) is mediocre. So we end up with a team that could easiliy miss the post-season again.

ensco
06-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Mo is a good drafter, because he didn't screw up, but to be great you need to find guys who aren't top 5 overall guys.

Just because SJ and RSL made inane draft picks and trades doesn't make anyone else a genius. The Frei thing is great, but it fell into his lap. There was no big "strategy" there, the guys on TV were in total shock (as were we all) that Frei was still on the board).

Mo took Cronin over Gonzalez, I've been impressed by Cronin, and now that I've seen how Gonzalez played against Dichio, I'm impressed by Gonzalez too.

I'm more impressed by DCU picking Pontius at number 7.

As for signings, we suck. Even if you give top marks for Brennan, Robbo and Dichio.

The Kingpin
06-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Mo is a great drafter. That's his strong point, and what keeps him in with Anselmi.

However, his overall record (hiring coaches, foreign players, etc) is mediocre. So we end up with a team that could easiliy miss the post-season again.

Sorry. Is this a fact?

Wagner
06-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Mo has a good record of drafting solid players.

Wynne
Edu
James (who was part of the De Ro deal, not great, but he did turn into De Ro.)
Cronin
Frei

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Beach_Red
06-10-2009, 05:15 PM
As for signings, we suck. Even if you give top marks for Brennan, Robbo and Dichio.

And really, they were all in year one. It sounds a little, "what have you done for me lately," but the team really does need to move past those guys.

I'm just not convinced that anyone else who would have taken the job under those contract terms would have done any better.

Carver also had huge input into player selection and that soap opera did set the team back at least a year.

And not properly correcting it continues to hurt the team.

Cashcleaner
06-11-2009, 02:39 AM
Mo has a good record of drafting solid players.

Wynne
Edu
James (who was part of the De Ro deal, not great, but he did turn into De Ro.)
Cronin
Frei

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

I agree.

Look, I'm no fan of Mo either, but he has drafted some very solid players. Nobody really expceted us to draft and keep Edu, but we did and turn a good profit outta the whole deal. Nobody thought Frei was the shit-hot keeper he's turning out to be, be Mo bagged him as well.

Drafting does seem to be his strong point, but I agree it shouldn't be the only thing we judge him by.