PDA

View Full Version : Helping Tom and MLSE Understand

Toronto_Bhoy
06-09-2009, 02:56 PM
It appears Tom Anselmi and MLSE are having difficulty understanding why we're disappointed in the Real Madrid friendly…even with their generous "loyalty price."

Maybe this will help…

Tom's Real Special Evening

Tom, his wife, friend Mo and his companion go to this small restaurant every other week, the food is average, the dining room isn’t much and the floor is downright awful but it’s a fun place with terrific atmosphere. Tom has the same dish every time, pasta. It’s a tad over priced at $25 a plate but he enjoys the staff and its a night out. Before dinner, he often sees some old neighbours and friends, they have a drink and a couple of laughs…its a good time.

One night the owner of the restaurant proudly tells Tom’s party that Wolfgang Puck will be a guest chef and because Tom has been coming for almost 3 years now, he wants to treat him, his wife and their friends to the Real special evening. Wow…the world famous Wolfgang Puck in my local eatery!

When Tom gets his invitation he sees that the menu is the same but his pasta is now $140 a plate? That seems steep? The owner usually has an annual “Friendly Appreciation Night” but this isn’t it? He finds the owner and asks what’s up?

The restaurateur politely explains, “Tom. First, I appreciate your business. That’s why your getting your dinner at a special price, someone who walks in off the street is paying $160! And unfortunately, in order to get Wolfgang to come, I had to pay him an “kitchen” fee. Also, he would only appear if I changed the floor. The landlord won’t let me alter the flooring so I’m renting an expensive Persian rug for the night. But Tom, trust me…its going to be great!”

Tom decides to go, after all it is Wolfgang Puck in the kitchen! But when his pasta arrives he realizes its the same old dish with a couple Spanish spices thrown in. He really loves the new rug covering up the crappy floor but sadly remembers that its only temporary and won’t be there the next time he comes.

Tom looks at the bill…dinner for four…$560! I come here week in week out and this is special? He sighs quietly, “Fuck me.”

His wife leans over and says, “You just were, Tom.”

Please help these guys…

NewCity
06-09-2009, 03:02 PM
It appears Tom Anselmi and MLSE are having difficulty understanding why we're disappointed in the Real Madrid friendly…even with their generous "loyalty price."

Maybe this will help…

Please help these guys…

AMAZING ANALOGY!!!!! ABSOLUTE PERFECTION.....

JDG
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Brilliant

Waggy
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
golf clap

The Kingpin
06-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Great. :)

Parkdale
06-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Tom, his wife, friend Mo and his companion

I bet $560 would be cheap for that type of companion.

Hooligan69
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM
That is fantastic. Very well done.

Waggy
06-09-2009, 03:11 PM
I bet $560 would be cheap for that type of companion.

Nah man, didn't you see the thing in the Star on the weekend? They're on sale now too! Even poor Mo can afford one now

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 03:11 PM
I thought Mo's companion was a bottle of Glenmorangie.

Parkdale
06-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Nah man, didn't you see the thing in the Star on the weekend? They're on sale now too! Even poor Mo can afford one now

I did see it. notice how often my neighbourhood was mentioned?

Waggy
06-09-2009, 03:17 PM
I did see it. notice how often my neighbourhood was mentioned?

Haha, ya, well not too surprising. A girl who works with me recently moved from a building there. She's told several a tale involving either pimp, john or 'companion'. Figured there was no need to take the joke away from on Mo though haha. Actually we should get back to that. Whats a good seguey....... Mo loves professional whores*!!!

*who work for the teachers pension fund! EYO!

Parkdale
06-09-2009, 03:19 PM
ba-dum-ching!

iansmcl
06-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Well done, good sir!

__wowza
06-09-2009, 04:07 PM
*starts up slow clap*

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I like this restaurant analogy, so here's another.

Being a loyal supporter of TFC, is like being a loyal customer at an East Side Mario's franchise.

You're there every week but you're still just another customer, and your money isn't going to improve the menu or decor, in fact you'll find one day that despite how busy it is, the organisation has opted for a cheaper kind of cheese and the ketchup is a thin, no-name brand. The staff that recognise you are courteous but they find you annoying, with your regular appearances and even suspect that the only reason you're there every week is because you're stalking a waitress, or you're a bit strange or something.

Meanwhile there's a guy who goes every week to an independently owned, corner restaurant, we'll call it "Drew's."

The owner loves him for his choice to make that his local eatery, doesn't charge him for the coffee, makes sure the waitstaff treats him like gold, and the cook always lavishes on extra. On top of that, the food is less expensive than Mario's and isn't rubbery, plasticated pseudo-food, in fact it's very good. Once or twice a year, the owner of "Drew's" invites all his loyal customers to a free private dinner just to say 'thank you.'

Unfortunately for you, "Drew's" is way out of your locality and wouldn't be a realistic place to go eat regularly, so you're stuck at east side marios, not that you would be missed.

__wowza
06-09-2009, 04:21 PM

Being a loyal supporter of TFC, is like being a loyal customer at an East Side Mario's franchise.

You're there every week but you're still just another customer, and your money isn't going to improve the menu or decor, in fact you'll find one day that despite how busy it is, the organisation has opted for a cheaper kind of cheese and the ketchup is a thin, no-name brand. The staff that recognise you are courteous but they find you annoying, with your regular appearances and even suspect that the only reason you're there every week is because you're stalking a waitress, or you're a bit strange or something.

Meanwhile there's a guy who goes every week to an independently owned, corner restaurant, we'll call it "Drew's."

The owner loves him for his choice to make that his local eatery, doesn't charge him for the coffee, makes sure the waitstaff treats him like gold, and the cook always lavishes on extra. On top of that, the food is less expensive than Mario's and isn't rubbery, plasticated pseudo-food, in fact it's very good. Once or twice a year, the owner of "Drew's" invites all his loyal customers to a free private dinner just to say 'thank you.'

Unfortunately for you, "Drew's" is way out of your locality and wouldn't be a realistic place to go eat regularly, so you're stuck at east side marios, not that you would be missed.

i dont get it..

Toronto_Bhoy
06-09-2009, 04:27 PM

Yep…good one XRed!

Drew's kinda sounds like the RPB Shoeless! Look how Joe treats us…

I go to a bar with my hockey team every week…they understand that if they treat us right we will continue to come back. The food is average but they give us half priced wings even though its not wing night. The owner makes sure every server knows each guys name. Throw in a free nachos every couple of weeks…

Good business Karma…

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 04:29 PM
i dont get it..

that's OK.

James Oliphant
06-09-2009, 04:34 PM
How much did it cost the restaurant to bring in Wolfgang Puck? And did the restaurant have to install new appliances prior to his arrival?

Toronto_Bhoy
06-09-2009, 10:46 PM
i dont get it..

Neither does Tom or MLSE...

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-09-2009, 11:01 PM
i dont get it..
It's about the way we get treated at BMO, as far as I could tell.

TheRenter
06-09-2009, 11:10 PM
they need to know that it is important to listen to us

like any good, smart, self-respecting business does;.....they listen to their client base

this is why I honestly believe some of these changes now taking place, are a direct result of the efforts of some supporters, to let management and ownership know:

they don't care about the players
they don't care about the fans
toronto fc is in the wrong hands

a big thank you to those advocates who stand up for us and voice their displeasure; refusing to accept mediocrity and be labelled

because I believe when it comes to Toronto FC and their true supporters, change is not only hopeful but likely

God bless

peace

RicoSuave44
06-09-2009, 11:20 PM
bump

denime
06-10-2009, 06:20 AM
How much did it cost the restaurant to bring in Wolfgang Puck? And did the restaurant have to install new appliances prior to his arrival?
No new appliances but,he is renting an expensive Persian rug for the night.:D

sweetlemon69
06-10-2009, 07:00 AM
I think he'd buy the dinner without thinking, then jack the ticket prices up that much more next year to make sure he's compensated appropriately.

ecospice
06-10-2009, 07:53 AM

I hear he is strictly a champagne drinker.

:drinking:

gtaguy
06-10-2009, 08:01 AM
im sure Toms thinking afterwards would have been.
" i could have gone to the grocery store bought some frozen dinners add some extra spanish spices to them and save myself 120 in the process.. Would have sat infront of my television and watched wolgang puck on the food network"

Davenport
06-10-2009, 08:09 AM

Maybe this will help…

Please help these guys…

Brilliant...well done. Sums it up perfectly.

Mojo
06-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Clap...............Clap..............Clap......... ...Clap............Clap...........Clap..........Cl ap.........Clap........Clap.......Clap......Clap.. ...Clap....Clap... Clap..Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap!

Southender
06-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Excellent. Someone email this to him!

C.Ronaldo
06-10-2009, 11:46 AM
I think I might print this out and slide it under their box door next game

Sonny Cheeba
06-10-2009, 11:49 AM

more like J&B's, he can't drop money on glenmorangie, he may have the dough, but his bank account has restrictions.

TFC Cityboy
06-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Best Post Ever On This Site- Superb!

TFC Cityboy
06-11-2009, 01:10 PM
for those amongst you now thinking "Hmm...Kaka and that diving cnut crynaldo will be at BMO,maybe I'll go" please reread this and stick to your principles.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Wonder if Real Madrid's appearance fee is going up with the signing of Kaka and Ronaldo?

"Hey Tom, its Florentino Perez on the phone. He needs to talk to you...ASAP!"

TFC Cityboy
06-12-2009, 12:12 PM
yeah- perhaps they'll put in an offer for Kevin Harmse and Chad Barrett!
:)

James17930
06-12-2009, 12:43 PM

One could do worse.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-12-2009, 01:47 PM
yeah- perhaps they'll put in an offer for Kevin Harmse and Chad Barrett!
:)

Ya…they could wash and park the new boys cars…

craigtfc
06-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Toronto_bhoy:
I couldn't of discribed the situation any better myself, well done, you hit the nail perfectly on the head!

MartinUtd
06-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Great read. I really enjoyed it!