PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Nationals & TFC play at BMO on June 13

H Bomb
06-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I heard an ad on the Fan this morning pimping a Nationals game at BMO on the 13th and noting that the game time was changed to 1:30. Think they'll get the lines off in time?

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/schedule/?t_id=2275

http://web.mlsnet.com/schedule/scoreboard/season.jsp?team=t280

sorry if this is posted already ...couldnt find it anywhere.

Don Julio
06-09-2009, 12:09 PM
We should definitely freak out about this just in case!

Seriously, who gives a shit if there's lines on that shitty turf. It can't get much worse. It will look like asphalt in another month.

Dirk Diggler
06-09-2009, 12:11 PM

Seriously, who gives a shit if there's lines on that shitty turf. It can't get much worse. It will look like asphalt in another month.

To be honest, I'm way past worrying about what the shite turf looks like now. They could put huge ass Tim Hortons ads on it and I wouldn't give a crap anymore.

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 12:12 PM

you could see the marks last saturday in 111 corner

Toronto Ruffrider
06-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Give it a few months, and the BMO turf will be marked up like a high school gymnasium. I eagerly await the arrival of volleyball lines...

Cas87
06-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Give it a few months, and the BMO turf will be marked up like a high school gymnasium. I eagerly await the arrival of volleyball lines...

If Toronto ever gets the Olympics or Pan Am games you never know ... BMO = Beach Volleyball centre?

Pookie
06-09-2009, 12:52 PM
To be honest, I'm way past worrying about what the shite turf looks like now. They could put huge ass Tim Hortons ads on it and I wouldn't give a crap anymore.

How about yard lines and an Argos logo?

nascarguy
06-09-2009, 12:54 PM
i really do not care anymore

gtaguy
06-09-2009, 01:09 PM

i think that at this point they could paint the field purple and no gives a shite anymore..

Brooker
06-09-2009, 01:11 PM
im worried that if the lines are still visable for the TFC game that it will make it harder for us to score....

oh wait... nevermind

Dbl_D
06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
im worried that if the lines are still visable for the TFC game that it will make it harder for us to score....

oh wait... nevermind
rofl...

BoltonTFC
06-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Toronto Nationals - 2 Doyle('38 '90 (pen))
Toronto FC - 1 Dichio ('62)

james
06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
if the lines are still all over the field by game time then thats just another small sacrifice we had to take by switching the date of the game to bring over the great Real Madrid match!!!!:cool:

SmokedPanda
06-09-2009, 05:01 PM
why can't the nationals play at varsity stadium?

james
06-09-2009, 05:02 PM
also if anything why dont the nationals play on sunday instead, so they dont have to worry about rushing to get the lines off!

onemanbarmyarmy
06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I just hope they get the rank odour of Obsession cologne and roofies out of there well before I reach my seat.

Carter
06-10-2009, 06:21 AM
I heard an ad on the Fan this morning pimping a Nationals game at BMO on the 13th and noting that the game time was changed to 1:30. Think they'll get the lines off in time?

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/schedule/?t_id=2275

http://web.mlsnet.com/schedule/scoreboard/season.jsp?team=t280

sorry if this is posted already ...couldnt find it anywhere.

If you watch the games on TV you can still see the lines anyways, so who cares, they will probably just hose down the field and say thats good enough.

We will be down at 2ish playing some street soccer drinking coffees in our regular spot so we don't lose our tailgate spot. lol.

Davenport
06-10-2009, 08:13 AM
What they should do is lay a grass surface just for that one day.
Even if it costs $250,000 it would be worth it.
Imagine how much it would benefit the players and fans.

PureTFC
06-10-2009, 08:36 AM
If we had grass, there would be lines regardless. At that point would people still not care?

james
06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
to be honest i hadnt noticed the lines on the field before untill i really looked for them. They are quite faint, but id hate to see the lines just as dark as the football lines are come game time this saturday.

Dirk Diggler
06-10-2009, 12:28 PM
If we had grass, there would be lines regardless. At that point would people still not care?

Lets get a grass pitch first then we'll worry about that. That's the simple point. With so many things wrong with the team right now, lacrosse lines on the pitch are at the bottom of the list of concerns.

PureTFC
06-10-2009, 01:15 PM
It's just interesting how some previous posters, who were in an uproar sometime ago because of possible lines on the pitch, can be so indifferent about this now.

You give an inch on things like this and others will take a foot from you.

Everything that is wrong with the team right now was wrong with this team before we even played the first game of this season.

NewCity
06-10-2009, 01:27 PM
It's just interesting how some previous posters, who were in an uproar sometime ago because of possible lines on the pitch, can be so indifferent about this now.

Everything that is wrong with the team right now was wrong with this team before we even played the first game of this season.

The Nationals game is going to be more exciting than the soccer game....at least they are competative. It's time for TFC to impress me that they want to play AS A TEAM. I'm really turned off on how they played the last few critical games. Do you really think they will beat New York? TFC beats the TOP teams in the Leagues and let's the shitty one's win....there is a huge pattern I'm picking up on. C'Mon you REDS!!!!! Get it together and just give us a good entertaining game ....a win would be nice to....

Fort York Redcoat
06-10-2009, 01:33 PM

Most of these posters never thought it a big deal. Don't worry I'm keeping track.

Fort York Redcoat
06-10-2009, 01:35 PM
The Nationals game is going to be more exciting than the soccer game....at least they are competative. It's time for TFC to impress me that they want to play AS A TEAM. I'm really turned off on how they played the last few critical games. Do you really think they will beat New York? TFC beats the TOP teams in the Leagues and let's the shitty one's win....there is a huge pattern I'm picking up on. C'Mon you REDS!!!!! Get it together and just give us a good entertaining game ....a win would be nice to....

Have fun at the LaX then. :rolleyes:

Dirk Diggler
06-10-2009, 03:21 PM

To be honest, I was never in an uproar about this before and I certainly am not now.

Also, no, things were not looking so bleak in the pre-season. People were naturally expecting the team to perform better than last year ... however that hasn't happened. At that point, lines on the pitch might have been a bigger topic of discussion since we did not have the actual play of the team to discuss.

C.Ronaldo
06-10-2009, 03:29 PM
the nationals wont reschedule cuz that will look bush league

have you ever heard of a team rescheduling?

P.S

its actually Toronto's only winning team at the moment
:(

Waggy
06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
the nationals wont reschedule cuz that will look bush league

have you ever heard of a team rescheduling?

P.S

its actually Toronto's only winning team at the moment
:(

Uhhh you realize the Jays are tied for most wins in the AL right? And are 1 game out the division lead in the toughest division in sports? And have won 5 of 6 or something like that? No? The FAINT lax lines bothering you? Jesus. Look, guys, priorities. Ideally, the lines on the pitch is high priority. Right now the people who run the pitch are priority 1 to bitch at/about, priority 2 is the guys who run on that pitch, priority 3 is the people who bitch about the bitching that went on in 1 and 2. THEN after that, we can work on the Lax lines. You know what'll positively impact my enjoyment of the game? A GOAL. I don't care if the fields freaking baby blue. FIX THE CLUB, change the turf, THEN we can complain about lines sullying our field.