PDA

View Full Version : How to build a waiting list.

Darlofletch
06-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Apologies if this has been brought up somewhere else, too many threads to keep track of.

Another sleazy aspect of this Real Madrid fiasco;

Well done MLSE, this is an excellent example of how to grow a waiting list. Release info to the general public that the red waiting list gets an advance window over the general public, interested people can easily discover that there's no money or committment involved to being on that list, so they sign up to get a better chance of getting tickets, without ever intending to buy a season ticket or partial pack when they are offered.

Ta-da! they can now boast of an increased waiting list to show how popular their product is, and how many people want to get season tickets.

They can also point to this as an example of how successful this sort of game is at converting casual soccer fans into being TFC supporters.

All on the back of a whole bunch of people that couldn’t give a shit about getting TFC tickets. Bravo MLSE, Bravo.

At ticket renewal time, if they try to boast about how they've now got a waiting list of say 17,000, don't believe the hype.

The Kingpin
06-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Apologies if this has been brought up somewhere else, too many threads to keep track of.

Well done MLSE, this is an excellent example of how to grow a waiting list. Release info to the general public that the red waiting list gets an advance window over the general public, interested people can easily discover that there's no money or committment involved to being on that list, so they sign up to get a better chance of getting tickets, without ever intending to buy a season ticket or partial pack when they are offered.

Ta-da! they can now boast of an increased waiting list to show how popular their product is, and how many people want to get season tickets.

They can also point to this as an example of how successful this sort of game is at converting casual soccer fans into being TFC supporters.

All on the back of a whole bunch of people that couldn’t give a shit about getting TFC tickets. Bravo MLSE, Bravo.

At ticket renewal time, if they try to boast about how they've now got a waiting list of say 17,000, don't believe the hype.

Interesting... Never thought of that angle. My guess is they probably didn't either. But if they did...

Maple Leaf Red
06-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Interesting... Never thought of that angle. My guess is they probably didn't either. But if they did...

I can't believe it wasn't you that brought up this scenario!

billyfly
06-09-2009, 11:08 AM
They can say whatever number they want and use it in whatever way they want but they know its BS. Look at Bills in Toronto.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-09-2009, 12:47 PM

The waiting list is largely BS. I'd like to know how many people on the list would shell out for anything pricier than medium greys season tickets. Personally, I'd rather continue along the partial pack route than buy overpriced tickets in a prawn section. As long as I don't have to shell out for Marlies tickets, I'm okay with not having full seasons.

Speaking of Marlies tickets, that scam is probably a good indication of the strength (or lack thereof) of the red waiting list. How many people on that list did the club have to go through in order to sell out those All Season Sports Packs?

cmonyoureds
06-09-2009, 03:47 PM
The waiting list is largely BS. I'd like to know how many people on the list would shell out for anything pricier than medium greys season tickets. Personally, I'd rather continue along the partial pack route than buy overpriced tickets in a prawn section. As long as I don't have to shell out for Marlies tickets, I'm okay with not having full seasons.

Speaking of Marlies tickets, that scam is probably a good indication of the strength (or lack thereof) of the red waiting list. How many people on that list did the club have to go through in order to sell out those All Season Sports Packs?

All of them. Including those who signed up in spring and figured they'd have to wait a few years. My buddy almost fell off his chair when he got the call....

FluSH
06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
I can't believe it wasn't you that brought up this scenario!

Same here... Kingpin you are losing your touch!!!

ilikemusic
06-09-2009, 04:10 PM

Thats what I do.

MLS games are simply not worth more than 30 or 40 bucks a ticket. I dont care how cozy the venue is or what the atmosphere is like.

Chevy
06-09-2009, 04:12 PM

There are also a lot of current STH's on the waiting lists also.

The Kingpin
06-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Same here... Kingpin you are losing your touch!!!

Don't tell Collsauced!!

ensco
06-09-2009, 11:50 PM
No, no, THIS is Paul B's machiavellian plan:

He intends to publicly shame his bosses in MLSE into acknowledging the need for grass, without them realizing what he is up to. He engineered this whole scenario just to make it plain as day to the world that the team acknowledges that football on turf is an inferior product.

Now we'll get grass.

It's genius.

greatwhitenorf
06-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Waiting list scam? Machiavellian? Paul? From earlier days, perhaps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0HHX4Ur9g

Southender
06-10-2009, 10:39 AM
http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/upload/2009/04/weekend_diversion_do_tinfoil_h/tinfoil-hat.jpg