PDA

View Full Version : Mo Johnston "promises to address all issues tomorrow".

anto7
06-09-2009, 09:12 AM
This was from the first article in the TFC news section as reported in the Sun.

"Johnston has come under attack for not delivering some help in the backfield -- now underlined by injuries to Brennan and Marvell Wynne's just announced extended absence with the U.S. national team -- and for Chad Barrett's poor showing at striker. Johnston declined comment, promising to address all issues tomorrow".

I assume this will be at a press conference.
Please, please, please for the reporters who will be there ask the question that we all want to hear about.
Are we planning on doing something about the dire need for a CB and a goal scorer ?.
Everyone from Carver to Cummins as stated this at some time yet we do not appear to see any action.
Are they planning on waiting to see what White will do first ?.
I for one just want to know what their plans are, if they plan on not signing anyone this year then just put us out of our misery and tell us.
I know there are a number of other issues that need addressing too but for me this is the main issue at present that could make or break our play-off chances.

English Rachel
06-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Should be interesting...

billyfly
06-09-2009, 09:16 AM
This is where he introduces Kaka as our DP.

poppamidnight
06-09-2009, 09:17 AM
What's with this "dire need" for a CB?

By all accounts to anyone whose watched the games this year Attakora is probably our top D-man as of now (arguably better than Serioux)...
We need 1 backup CB, since Velez no longer is field worthy.
Possibly 2 if Nana is out for extended period of time,

All we need to do right now (in order):
1 - Get rid of Barrett + his ridiculous contract
2 - Trade one of the 2 extra keepers we are holding
3 - Trade/Release Ricketts, Vitti, Johan

olegunnar
06-09-2009, 09:18 AM
I wonder if it will be as embarrassing and as unprofessional as his post all star game media scrum.
That must have been a hell of a party the night before.

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 09:19 AM
was that quote from yesterday...meaning today

or today...meaning tomorrow

today being the 9th of June, 2009

Pachuco

By all accounts to anyone whose watched the games this year Attakora is probably our top D-man as of now (arguably better than Serioux)...

If you don't think we have a problem at defense then I have to question whether we support the same TFC team. Is there another TFC team I don't know about that doesn't have a guy named Velez starting almost every game?

TorontoBlades
I wonder if it will be as embarrassing and as unprofessional as his post all star game media scrum.
That must have been a hell of a party the night before.

anyone have this video/link?

JDG
06-09-2009, 09:20 AM

Where will our goals come from?

Mikey
06-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Traditionally in the UK, a manager gets the vote of confidence from the board, just shortly before being shown the door.......

EDIT: And let's not forget Mo, "tomorrow never comes"

olegunnar
06-09-2009, 09:22 AM

It's gone I think.
Toronto FC TV only has 2009 videos in "the vault" section.

It was a pretty funny interview.
The sunglassess...the swaying back and forth...the stammering and sniffing.

anto7
06-09-2009, 09:22 AM

So your 3 actions solve our goalscoring issues and solve our defensive problems ?.

poppamidnight
06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
If you don't think we have a problem at defense then I have to question whether we support the same TFC team. Is there another TFC team I don't know about that doesn't have a guy named Velez starting almost every game?

HAhahah dude, are you this ridiculous... you didn't even read the post!!!

I never said Velez was a starting CB, our starting 2 is Nana + Serioux.

Do you watch the games?
...You realize Nana's just out with injury (concussion), and Velez is only a replacement off the bench....

Hence, the need for a BACKUP CB...

the "dire need" is not a CB... It's a Striker,

Our defensive problems have either come from Brennan, Serioux, or Velez + Harmse (whenever they fill in)

Serioux's problems only seem to appear in games whenever he's "grimmacing" on the field, which seems to be quite frequent... So maybe he's been playing this yr through a injury

anto7
06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I guess it could be either or.

Inswingingwingman
06-09-2009, 09:26 AM
To me if they had any grey matter they would mail a package to each member of the supporters with tickets to both friendlies and a scarf and send them official TFC streamers, with a promise to pipe the chanting through the speakers system.

Kathyrn Humphries on the side line in a cheer leader's outfit and a microphone instead of Brender Eerveng.

But I agree, bye bye Chad, bye bye Marco, and say hello to someone else. Change is needed.

anto7
06-09-2009, 09:26 AM
was that quote from yesterday...meaning today

or today...meaning tomorrow

today being the 9th of June, 2009
Sorry, answered to the wrong post.
I guess it could mean today or tomorrow

Nodoubtguy
06-09-2009, 09:30 AM
anyone think we could be getting a Jamie Smith announcement??

billyfly
06-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Sal - its Kaka. Guaranteed.

jabbronies
HAhahah dude, are you this ridiculous... you didn't even read the post!!!

I never said Velez was a starting CB, our starting 2 is Nana + Serioux.

Do you watch the games?
...You realize Nana's just out with injury (concussion), and Velez is only a replacement off the bench....

Hence, the need for a BACKUP CB...

the "dire need" is not a CB... It's a Striker,

Our defensive problems have either come from Brennan, Serioux, or Velez + Harmse (whenever they fill in)

Serioux's problems only seem to appear in games whenever he's "grimmacing" on the field, which seems to be quite frequent... So maybe he's been playing this yr through a injury

Sorry man, but I have to disagree. Being a defencman myself, watching that backline play is embarrassing.

We don't have a proper CB in our back line. Yes, Serioux is a good player, but he has no leadership back there. We need someone with Serioux's intensity, but also someone who can organize the backline better as well as the midfielders who track back to support them.

This is why whenever the opposing team floods our end, we look like a bunch school kids chasing after ball at recess. there is no one back there who controls the show.

poppamidnight
anyone think we could be getting a Jamie Smith announcement??

That's what I'd think,
although it really doesn't address the 'issues'

do we have the cap room for him? or are we going to need to unload/release Ricketts or Vitti?

Chewy Unikronik
06-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Well, it proves difficult to make moves while the transfer window is closed and other leagues are still finishing up their seasons.

anto7
06-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Sorry man, but I have to disagree. Being a defencman myself, watching that backline play is embarrassing.

We don't have a proper CB in our back line. Yes, Serioux is a good player, but he has no leadership back there. We need someone with Serioux's intensity, but also someone who can organize the backline better as well as the midfielders who track back to support them.

This is why whenever the opposing team floods our end, we look like a bunch school kids chasing after ball at recess. there is no one back there who controls the show.
Agree 100%

Oblio2
06-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Our defence IS bad. Serioux has been great, player of the season so far for me.
Still, it's bad back there.
I think we have a strong midfield and nothing up front.
I think Vitti should be gone, along with his 200k salary. Barrett is suffering from a lack of confidence. If O'Brien White isn't ready, then we need another Striker, for this season.
We need help.
We have been told we are getting a DP....we have been told too many things. I don't believe a word of this stuff anymore......
We'll get fed a pile of bollocks tomorrow by Mo. Whatever.
Just get it done, Mo.
The fans are suppprting the team but getting the shaft......DO YOUR JOB

Nodoubtguy
06-09-2009, 09:38 AM

I got the answer....

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20071004elpepudep_17/LCO340/Ies/Carles_Puyol_salta_conseguir_gol_Stuttgart.jpg

everyone ok with that??

billyfly
06-09-2009, 09:38 AM
I've been telling you Kaka. Mo talked to Messi but he said he didn't want to play against Barca as a player for TFC in the Club World Cup.

poppamidnight
06-09-2009, 09:40 AM

I'm not saying it's good,
I'm saying there are problems, but most occur due to (in this order):
#1 - Replacement clowns - Velez + Harmse - not knowing what the heck to do
#2 - Serioux "bothered by injury"
#3 - Jimmy B, not being a true defender, and screwing things up on his side...

The "leadership" is just a cop-out excuse IMO... Just because it's not vocal doesn't mean theres no leadership there.

Watch the problems, and whenever we break down, one of those 3 things have happened (most frequently #1)

...Also, It can be argued that Nana (right now) is better than Serioux,

So if you view Serioux as a starter, then we already have 2 starters.

Definately not a "dire" need,

"dire need" = scoring.....
Defending = "need" (no "dire" before it),
...and that need would be to fix our Bench/replacement defenders (Velez + harmse).... Since we frequently are missing defenders and are forced to use these two

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 09:43 AM

Agreed. Serioux is tough on the ball when tackling...but his positioning is off, he looks like he's half assing it sometimes with his distribution....and he's good for a bombscare a game. It's essentially the same as putting Robbo back there in the first place - which we may have been better suited to do if we could've predicted Cronin would be so on form. We need someone to "anchor" the back line.

DangerRed
06-09-2009, 09:47 AM
I bet any money it'll be the announcement of a Jamie Smith deal and possibly other roster changes (ie release of so-and-so or trade of so-and-so). Whatevs, anything is better than this.

billyfly
06-09-2009, 09:48 AM
And we are forgetting Sol Campbell as CB.

Stouffville_RPB
06-09-2009, 09:48 AM

Same place they are now.

Nodoubtguy
06-09-2009, 09:50 AM
I see Jamie Smith coming in and a player or two moving out.

jabbronies
06-09-2009, 09:50 AM
We've lost 3-0, 2-0 and 2-1 in the past 3 games.
That's 7 goals against and 1 goal for

You're saying that scoring is a dire need but defence isn't???
They are both dire needs and go hand in hand with each other in winning games.

In order to win that game against Houston we would've had to score 4 goals...do you think 1 new striker will score 4 goals for us in a game?
Wouldn't that new striker have a better chance of helping the team if the Defence only let in 1 goal meaning he'd only have to score twice?

We tied DC 3-3 a few weeks back. The defence let in 3 damn goals, again!!!
We lost to Dallas 3-2 a week prior. again 3 goals let in.

We've lost games because of the amount of goals being scored against us as well as not being able to put them in.

Our D as a whole is not good my friend. We have a dire need for a CB as much as there is a dire need for a striker

Pigfynn
06-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Prepared statement or open to media questions?

If it's the latter, let's hope that there are some journos there who ask the real questions and then when the inevitable politician answer is given ask the questions again.

English Rachel
06-09-2009, 09:53 AM

I remember vividly being in London for a meeting when Sol was traded from Spurs to Arsenal (2001 I think) and all the Spurs fans were chanting on the Tube....

"You can stick Col Campbell up your arse, you can stick Sol Campbell up your arse.... You can stick Sol Campbell, stick Sol Campbell, stick Sol Campbell up your arse!" lol

JDG
06-09-2009, 09:53 AM

I don't know anything, but we'll probably see another signing as well.
Remember the CB that seemed all but certain? It's been awhile since we've heard anything, but it seemed clear at the time that it was a done deal, pending the end of his season.

Pigfynn
06-09-2009, 09:55 AM
^^Nah, someone would have figured out who it was by now and spilled it, JDG

loconet
06-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I got the answer....

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20071004elpepudep_17/LCO340/Ies/Carles_Puyol_salta_conseguir_gol_Stuttgart.jpg

everyone ok with that??

and Eto'o to replace Barrett right? :D

DOMIN8R
06-09-2009, 09:58 AM
The Dynamo have sent Chris Wondolowski to the San Jose Earthquakes in exchange for Cam Weaver, the team revealed this morning.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6466515.html

Hooligan69
06-09-2009, 10:02 AM
"Johnston has come under attack for not delivering some help in the backfield -- now underlined by injuries to Brennan and Marvell Wynne's just announced extended absence with the U.S. national team -- and for Chad Barrett's poor showing at striker. Johnston declined comment, promising to address all issues tomorrow".

http://disasterrepairservices.com/SitePage/damage-control_Logo.jpg

Nodoubtguy
06-09-2009, 10:03 AM
so has this been confirmed as today or tomorrow???

Pyeddo
06-09-2009, 10:03 AM

Not as far fetched as I originally thought when I heard this last night...

prizby
06-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Release Vitti
Trade Barrett
Trade Sutton
Bring in Jamie Smith
Bring in another CB option
Bring in a DP
Trade Ricketts
Give Ibrahim/Johann Smith some more time
Play Gabe Gala in 1 game (so he doesn't set up two goals against Laurentian in the playoffs to beat them)
Trade for First Round Selections
Scout
For the other friendlies they are planning around the Real Madrid + grass time, give the fans an actual loyalty price, not some kick in the teeth

Parkdale
06-09-2009, 10:10 AM

I hope it's not just a play on words.

Are we getting a Designated player?

you're getting kaka!

Ossington Mental Youth

yep, with a whole lot of empty promises

trane
I predict nothing of significance will be announced.

Derko
06-09-2009, 10:11 AM

Problem is, we don't have any other defenders, I hope we bring one in, DP Defender is ok in my books!!

Stryker
06-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Hmmm... a ray of hope?
I'll wait to see what he says before I get too excited.

Pigfynn
06-09-2009, 10:12 AM
^^Good guess Trane :)

Ossington Mental Youth
06-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Hmmm... a ray of hope?
I'll wait to see what he says before I get too excited.

at this point in time im skeptical of any news

fetajr
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
hope they ask him "why the long ball style, again and again and again?"

Hooligan69
06-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I predict nothing of significance will be announced.

Seconded.

boban
06-09-2009, 10:19 AM
We've lost 3-0, 2-0 and 2-1 in the past 3 games.
That's 7 goals against and 1 goal for

You're saying that scoring is a dire need but defence isn't???
They are both dire needs and go hand in hand with each other in winning games.

In order to win that game against Houston we would've had to score 4 goals...do you think 1 new striker will score 4 goals for us in a game?
Wouldn't that new striker have a better chance of helping the team if the Defence only let in 1 goal meaning he'd only have to score twice?

We tied DC 3-3 a few weeks back. The defence let in 3 damn goals, again!!!
We lost to Dallas 3-2 a week prior. again 3 goals let in.

We've lost games because of the amount of goals being scored against us as well as not being able to put them in.

Our D as a whole is not good my friend. We have a dire need for a CB as much as there is a dire need for a striker
No they are not.
Offense is the real problem. If you recall we also beat Van and Mtl 1-0 each but still out of the Cdn Championship. Now you can't get any better then zero against. But goals for is fucking us. We need to put the fucker in the old onion bag.
Also, if we had a better offense (hint DP striker), it would keep the other team more honest. Let's face it, opposition knows we can't score worht shit, so they play us accordingly. This means their defensive mindset is not to play us too defensivley and are given the go ahead to attack more freely causing more pressure on our defense. Having a DP forward would help in possesion also - can't get scored upon if the ball is on the other end of the field.
As for those couple of games where TFC gave up 3 goals in each game .. did you check the golkeeping in those? It was a little suspect on a few of those.

anto7
06-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Seconded.
I am not expecting anything of significance but I would like to see him having to answer to the questions that will hopefully be asked.

trane
06-09-2009, 10:24 AM
The press confernce will be something like;

Today we have all gathered here to annouce the following; " We have nothing to announce....but we are considering considering signing a DP, and we are considering considering signing a CB, and we are considering considering a grass pitch, when we decide to move onto a the considering phase of any or all of these we will call another press conference at which we will anonunce that we are through the considering considering and onto the considering phase. Clearly this shows that we are in the right direction to fulfill my five year plan to be given a five year contract extension. Thank you for comming today. No questions please"

billyfly
06-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I hope it's not just a play on words.

Are we getting a Designated player?

you're getting kaka!

Finally! Someone got the joke! Thanks Mike for restoring my faith.

Parkdale
06-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks Mike for restoring my faith.

anytime.

maybe Mo has a really big announcement to make.....

hint:
http://www.cheapticketbroker.com/images/cheap_tickets/cheap_tickets_250x251.jpg

trane
06-09-2009, 10:30 AM
^ I was thinking that, but I do not want to post it or say it allowed.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-09-2009, 10:32 AM

1 & 3 is ok but lets hang on to our 3 keepers...Philly has an expansion draft and will likely pick a goal keeper, from TFC so we keep Frie and Edwards and make Sutton available for the expansion draft...

Don Julio
06-09-2009, 10:32 AM
When newspaper's print "tomorrow" today, it really does mean tomorrow.

jloome
06-09-2009, 10:34 AM
^ I was thinking that, but I do not want to post it or say it allowed.

Dude, you mean "aloud" and it's "out loud." Goddamn, doesn't anyone proof anymore?;)

I sure as hell hope it's allowed.

I suspect this will be "we have a couple of players coming in" but nothing more specific, because he wants the fans talking about that.

Unfortunately, neither will be the striker we need, although he may drop a hint that we're addressing our concerns "at forward" or something like that, which again probably means oft-injured winger Jamie Smith.

trane
06-09-2009, 10:35 AM
^ Yes out loud, I cannot explain it, I just do it.

jabbronies
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
No they are not.
Offense is the real problem. If you recall we also beat Van and Mtl 1-0 each but still out of the Cdn Championship. Now you can't get any better then zero against. But goals for is fucking us. We need to put the fucker in the old onion bag.
Also, if we had a better offense (hint DP striker), it would keep the other team more honest. Let's face it, opposition knows we can't score worht shit, so they play us accordingly. This means their defensive mindset is not to play us too defensivley and are given the go ahead to attack more freely causing more pressure on our defense. Having a DP forward would help in possesion also - can't get scored upon if the ball is on the other end of the field.
As for those couple of games where TFC gave up 3 goals in each game .. did you check the golkeeping in those? It was a little suspect on a few of those.

Same can be said for the offence.
We've scored 3 against KC, against DC, and New England.
3 goals a game means we know how to score and we've done it three times. fuck it we don't need strikers! <-- sarcasm

we suck at both ends. We've let in more goals than we've scored. Which ever way you look at it we need help at both ends. plain and simple. One isn't more important than the other. We need both. plain and simple.

If our D is unorganized, how will the strikers ever get the ball? does the goal just not pass the to the defence and hope that an air ball gets to a midfielder who can pass to the strikers?

We need both, not one, BOTH

mclaren
06-09-2009, 10:38 AM
what is a backfield?

Stryker
06-09-2009, 10:39 AM
People are coming in or they'll announce construction of training facilities or a plan for grass and construction/renovations of the alternate site for public use.
Mo considers himself too important to hold a presser to address supporter/media concerns.
Players leaving don't get anymore than a press release.

JDG
06-09-2009, 10:40 AM
1 & 3 is ok but lets hang on to our 3 keepers...Philly has an expansion draft and will likely pick a goal keeper, from TFC so we keep Frie and Edwards and make Sutton available for the expansion draft...

You're right about Philly, but I'd just protect Frei. I like Sutton and Edwards, but could live with either as Frei's backup.

KRO
06-09-2009, 10:44 AM
what is a backfield?
It's on the defensive side of the middle stripe.

jloome
06-09-2009, 10:46 AM
^ Yes out loud, I cannot explain it, I just do it.

I have a few regular clangers like that myself. Once actually wrote "harrying" in a headline instead of "harrowing." Got a few amusing calls from guys named Harry.

DOMIN8R
06-09-2009, 10:46 AM
I won't reveal my source. So you may choose to believe this or not.

The intent of the comment: “Johnston has come under attack for not delivering some help in the backfield -- now underlined by injuries to Brennan and Marvell Wynne's just announced extended absence with the U.S. national team -- and for Chad Barrett's poor showing at striker. Johnston declined comment, promising to address all issues tomorrow.”

This just in.....Apparently, "...on Thursday Mo and Tom Anselmi will meet the media to discuss the Real Madrid story. I don't believe a player related announcement is part of that."

So there wil be nothing announced today (or tomorrow)

Skeptics 1 Optimists 0

English Rachel
06-09-2009, 10:47 AM
:(:(:(

JDG
06-09-2009, 10:48 AM
People are coming in or they'll announce construction of training facilities or a plan for grass and construction/renovations of the alternate site for public use.
Mo considers himself too important to hold a presser to address supporter/media concerns.
Players leaving don't get anymore than a press release.

He says that he'll address all issues tomorrow.
Maybe that means he'll be announcing a couple of aquisitions, and reveal plans to bring in grass with expansion next year.

I would think that the Expansion/Grass announcement would come from Paul or Tom Anselmi, not Mo. Since it was Mo that suggested the Edu cash could be used for grass, it could be Mo.

Pigfynn
06-09-2009, 10:48 AM
So no "all issues addressed" then

Just more Real Madrid hype dressed up as damage control.

DOMIN8R
06-09-2009, 10:49 AM
So no "all issues addressed" then

Apparently not.

Maple Leaf Red
06-09-2009, 10:49 AM
3 goals a game means we know how to score and we've done it three times. fuck it we don't need strikers! <-- sarcasm

we suck at both ends. We've let in more goals than we've scored. Which ever way you look at it we need help at both ends. plain and simple. One isn't more important than the other. We need both. plain and simple.

If our D is unorganized, how will the strikers ever get the ball? does the goal just not pass the to the defence and hope that an air ball gets to a midfielder who can pass to the strikers?

And a defence that can pass the ball to the midfield. It's shocking how often the midfield gets bypassed by the defence just hoofing the ball.

ilikemusic
06-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Anyone who believes 'all the issues will be adressed' story is living in a dream world.

These are the same people who consider a $15 discount 'loyalty pricing'.

I wouldnt get my hopes up for anything substantive.

Stryker
06-09-2009, 10:51 AM
To address the Real Madrid story?
Pointless.

mclaren
06-09-2009, 10:53 AM
An announcement of a 5 year extension to Mo's 5 year plan?

trane
06-09-2009, 10:54 AM
^ That is what I am expecting.

Pigfynn
06-09-2009, 10:55 AM
From their perspective it's the whole 'The papers are making us look bad today about the whole fan thing so we're going to address that blah blah blah'

Expect alot of 'This is a great day in TFC history' bullshit.

boban
06-09-2009, 10:56 AM

Yes we need help on both ends, but the pressing need - by far is the offense.
You mention the games we scored 3 goals a game, but those games we had goals scored by our midfield. Our biggest goals scorers are our midfielders. Heck our CB is tied with goals scored with our leading striker!!!

When we go down a goal, no matter how early, I always get a sinking feeling. I have this knot tearing at me that more than likely the games is lost. There is no confidence that we will get it back, but that 'hopefully' we can scrap a goal in. yeah we give up a goal or 2, but who cares if we can win 2-1 or 3-1?

mclaren
06-09-2009, 11:07 AM
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6131/tomt.gif

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2009, 11:13 AM
^I'll take one in small...

You are making tshirts, right?

JDG
06-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Anyone who believes 'all the issues will be adressed' story is living in a dream world.

These are the same people who consider a $15 discount 'loyalty pricing'.

I wouldnt get my hopes up for anything substantive.

I don't believe, but until he breaks his latest comittment, I'm not going to preemptively crucify him for making it.

Put down the bottle for awhile, and think about what you're saying.
Where do you get off drawing a link between not getting apoplectic over MoJo saying he'll address all issues, and being happy with the Real Madrid pricing for Season Ticket Holders?

You have zero credibility when you spout such nonsense, and make no friends when you paint everyone with the same brush in condemnation.

Parkdale
06-09-2009, 11:26 AM

^^^^ Hahahahahhahahahahahhaha

TFC USA
06-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Mo, there better be a shit load more issues other than Real Madrid. If not then go suck Barrett's dick if you can find it.

The Kingpin
06-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I don't believe, but until he breaks his latest comittment, I'm not going to preemptively crucify him for making it.

Where do you get off drawing a link between not getting apoplectic over MoJo saying he'll address all issues, and being happy with the Real Madrid pricing for Season Ticket Holders?

You have zero credibility when you spout such nonsense, and make no friends when you paint everyone with the same brush in condemnation.

That is awfully aggressive and an unfortunate statement. We are consistently asked to be civil, and it is my belief that this is not a civil response.

Luanda
06-09-2009, 11:47 AM
MOJO has been totally useless since the beginning of the season. We are nearly halfway and we have played with a 23 man roster (actually 22, if you consider the underage Gambian kid who can only start in August or close thereto).

That MOJO has brought in no reinforcements is now becoming a real thorny problem because: a) the team is not winning; b) it is letting in too many goals; and c) injuries and international call-ups which further deplete the roster. Add to this the deadweight we have been carrying (Harmse, Velez, Barrett, and Vitti are probably the worst), and the recipe for disaster is all too great.

Time for Mojo to GO!

alexintoronto
06-09-2009, 11:47 AM

Gold. Maybe he should be rolling around in money?

Oblio2
06-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I remember vividly being in London for a meeting when Sol was traded from Spurs to Arsenal (2001 I think) and all the Spurs fans were chanting on the Tube....

"You can stick Col Campbell up your arse, you can stick Sol Campbell up your arse.... You can stick Sol Campbell, stick Sol Campbell, stick Sol Campbell up your arse!" lol

We still sing it at WHL...
'Cos we got Ledley at the Back......

JDG
06-09-2009, 11:53 AM
That is awfully aggressive and an unfortunate statement. We are consistently asked to be civil, and it is my belief that this is not a civil response.

I thought my suggestions were rather helpful actually.
If he takes my points, we might see some more constructive posts in the future.

If his apparent fury wasn't enhanced by the bottle, then maybe I wasn't harsh enough. The zero credibility applies to the qoted comments only, and does not refer to anything the man has contributed in the past.
Are you suggesting it is correct behaviour to slander people who are willing to wait and see what Mo does in the next 48 hours by suggesting they are the same group(I don't know anyone who's happy about the pricing) who are apparently pleased with the money they will have to lay out if they want to see Real Madrid play TFC, or are you just looking for an opportunity to take a shot at me?

billyfly
06-09-2009, 11:57 AM
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/billyfly21/redpatchboys.png (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/%3Ca%20href=)

How about this for a t-shirt?http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/%5BURL=http://s601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/billyfly21/?action=view&current=redpatchboys.png%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/billyfly21/th_redpatchboys.png%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5Dhttp://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/billyfly21/redpatchboys.png%5B/IMG%5D

Parkdale
06-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Gold. Maybe he should be rolling around in money?

http://southcarolina1670.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/scrooge-mcduck-make-it-rain.jpg

bhoybobby
06-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Reminds me of the sign at my local "Free Beer Tomorrow" somehow never seems to come

MartinUtd
06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Remember when Mo said he was looking at Dentinho?

I'll keep holding my breath

gtaguy
06-09-2009, 01:14 PM

thats easy like much of the last 12 or so games they eighter come from defense or midfield..

our strikers not including dichio have a combined 2 or 3 goals in total this season..

gtaguy
06-09-2009, 01:18 PM
i predict MO is going to come off all cool headed and promise us again that a player is on his way, but becuase of policy he can't tell us from where or what hes from...
Then come the close of the summer transfer window and he will once again say that
"i couldn't sign the bloke becuase he doesn't want to play on artificial turf"
and then will promise for next year.. He plays us like a yoyo.....

anto7
06-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I won't reveal my source. So you may choose to believe this or not.

The intent of the comment: “Johnston has come under attack for not delivering some help in the backfield -- now underlined by injuries to Brennan and Marvell Wynne's just announced extended absence with the U.S. national team -- and for Chad Barrett's poor showing at striker. Johnston declined comment, promising to address all issues tomorrow.”

This just in.....Apparently, "...on Thursday Mo and Tom Anselmi will meet the media to discuss the Real Madrid story. I don't believe a player related announcement is part of that."

So there wil be nothing announced today (or tomorrow)

Skeptics 1 Optimists 0
I got an e-mail from Lance Hornsby of the Sun who wrote the said article. He backs up what Domin8r says, it is on Thursday, and according to Lance it is not an official press conference and he does not know what Mo is going to talk about. Who knows what this means now.

Jay P
06-09-2009, 01:22 PM
check out mlsintoronto's twitter today.

Nodoubtguy
06-09-2009, 01:27 PM

well thats interesting......

@Paulbeirne (http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne) -No problem. Some of us remember what it was like to support the domestic game before MLSE. I'd still like another CB though ;)
@24thminute (http://twitter.com/24thminute) news on that by end of day tomorrow I believe.

S_D
06-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Release Vitti
Trade Barrett If you were a GM would you want him?
Trade Sutton International spot and salary - good luck
Bring in Jamie Smith thank goodness we have free healthcare
Bring in another CB option 2 please
Bring in a DP with what money?
Trade Ricketts expect to get very little in return
Give Ibrahim/Johann Smith some more time Smith needs to be taken out of our misery - take him behind the barn please.
Play Gabe Gala in 1 game (so he doesn't set up two goals against Laurentian in the playoffs to beat them) - ok I can see that lol
Trade for First Round Selections Be prepared to trade players not listed above
Scout
For the other friendlies they are planning around the Real Madrid + grass time, give the fans an actual loyalty price, not some kick in the teeth - b-b-but it is an event that anyone who is anyone will want to be seen there

To address the Real Madrid story?
Pointless.

May be pointless but I bet that is what the focus is going to be on. They need to sell tickets and try to show everyone how big of a club TFC is as they were able to attract such a big team (brand association). This "event" is crap but I am sure they are going to have to rely on RM fans to buy up the tickets as they know that the majority of TFC supporters no longer have sucker written across their foreheads.

jloome
06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
It's fairly obvious the team is trying to 'spin' the negative pressure from the Red Patch Boys in general.

First, they contact the other supporter group to sympathetically crow that it's overblown.

Then, after the game, they put out word to the press that the protest was about the Real Madrid game (go back and read the stories), taking the focus off the fact that the friendly was a minor consideration compared to the ongoing front-office performance.

Now they've managed to frame the debate as being about expensive tickets, not ongoing problems.

If I'm right (and I probably am, I've handled communications people for a good chunk of my career) they'll speak about little else at the presser than madrid, although they may throw in a token comment on Jamie Smith or other signings at the end just so they can argue that it wasn't solely about Real Madrid.

Voila, within four days, they've managed to diffuse -- amongst the press, which is what they mostly care about -- the suggestion that hundreds or thousands of fans protested their management of the team.

trane
06-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Jamie Smith exemplifies the type of signings Mo has made way to often. Fuck.

They will also spin that as "Jamie Smith SPL star midfielder".

nimamalek
06-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey guys I just spoke to Mo and Paul here is the list of topics for tomorrow's press conference:
1. There was a typo in the Real Madrid pricing, its actually $75-125
2. The grass for the Real Madrid game is actually permanent and is being put in today, they just wanted to surprise us
3. Mo's just signed Sol Campbell and Rob Friend, he got them for $400k each
4. They are in the final stages of negotiations with Ruud Van Nistelrooy who will become our new DP
5. Mo is also going to apologize for the Canadian Championship and to make things up to us he's convinced front office to put a freeze on ticket prices for 5 years

ua-kozak_TFC
06-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I think I've seen this story before... We are doing crap, Mo comes out does a superficial trade or two (like trading away escandarian for cunningham in 2007 or trading away goldwaith for dunivant...) ASks for patients and some how that excuses a lost season...
Fire this DOUCHE BAG please...SAY NO to MO...

ps: Not sure if you uys realized but we are probably bottom 2 or 3 in the league if you count thhat we have a few games more than a couple of teams that are a point or 2 away from us in total leageu standings...

English Rachel
06-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Lol.

EDIT : at nimamalek's post - love it!

olegunnar
06-09-2009, 01:49 PM

Yeah it is interesting

Sweet Own Goal puckering up to Beirne

trane
06-09-2009, 01:52 PM
^ How do you check that?

olegunnar
06-09-2009, 01:56 PM
When you're on the twitter page you can click back and forth to see what people are saying to each other.
These are mlsintorontos thank yous to the kiss ass articles.
Reminds me of teenagers on a message baord. If they see something they like...they reply...Good Post!

http://twitter.com/paulbeirne

@24thminute news on that by end of day tomorrow I believe.
about 2 hours ago from TwitterGadget in reply to 24thminute
@callitfootball you too. good reporting...
about 2 hours ago from TwitterGadget in reply to callitfootball
@24thminute just watched Call It Football. thanks for the kind words...its been a tough week!
about 2 hours ago from TwitterGadget in reply to 24thminute
@OnwardSoccer just watched Call It Football. thanks for the kind words...its been a tough week!
about 2 hours ago from TwitterGadget in reply to OnwardSoccer

billyfly
06-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah it is interesting

Sweet Own Goal puckering up to Beirne

You get stories and info anyway you can. I don't think Dwayne's sucking up.

olegunnar
06-09-2009, 01:59 PM
You get stories and info anyway you can. I don't think Dwayne's sucking up.

What's this crap then? Since soccer post blizzard and pre TFC was non existant we're allowed to be force fed shit?

@Paulbeirne -No problem. Some of us remember what it was like to support the domestic game before MLSE. I'd still like another CB though ;)
about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to Paulbeirne

Anyways I'm done for today.
The notrostats are running out.

The Kingpin
06-09-2009, 02:13 PM
What's this crap then? Since soccer post blizzard and pre TFC was non existant we're allowed to be force fed shit?

@Paulbeirne -No problem. Some of us remember what it was like to support the domestic game before MLSE. I'd still like another CB though ;)
about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to Paulbeirne

Anyways I'm done for today.
The notrostats are running out.

Paul is feeling a little sensitive and whiney right now. It's really not a redeeming quality, a little remorse and fortitude would really help. But most of all transparency with the fans would go a long way.

mclaren
06-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Sycophants Unite!

Dave67
06-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Just a little idle curiousity. I went to tear my NY ticket off the ticket strip for this weekends game. I found it very confusing as the next physical ticket in sequence is the NY game on Wed the 24th. I needed to pay close attention to move to the NY ticket for Aug 9th.

I wonder how many people will accidentally show up with a Wed 24th ticket on Sat night and how the ticket takers will deal with them? Paul's long week could be getting longer if people don't get in Sat night with the wrong ticket... or is it just me that found picking out the next ticket confusing?

Nuvinho
06-09-2009, 02:27 PM
holy F*

Paulbeirne (http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne)Toronto FC acquired Nicky Garcia and discovery rights to Ali Gerba from Earthquakes. Sutton released. Garcia will be available Saturday.

Waggy
06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Paul is feeling a little sensitive and whiney right now. It's really not a redeeming quality, a little remorse and fortitude would really help. But most of all transparency with the fans would go a long way.

Theres a law Canada is considdering putting in, as is most of the rest of the world because this has become such a problem. In this day and age an appology for something is the same as admitting responsibility. In the cases it needs to be changed, its in the case of Doctors (say if they were to admit they made a mistake, they'd be sued for it. Thats why dr's cant ever appologize. For anything. You get bad advise, instead of a "I'm sorry, I thought your symptoms were x, really they were x and y. No big deal, but it was my fault", you get "I've never seen that before!").

To me, this is similar. Paul doesn't want to be blamed for everything, so he can't appologize or show any understanding of why we'd be upset. Because to most people, that'd be viewed the same as an admission of guilt, that we're all right and that MLSE is wrong/made mistakes. If he admits MLSE is wrong (which an appology would be), he's out of a job. How about instead of some appology some HR guy wrote, we just get some better players and a GM? Thats a good enough appology for me

Edit: Looks like he's started writing that appology lol /\/\

EENIE MAN
06-09-2009, 02:33 PM
holy F*

Are you joking?
Please , me nerves can't take any more.......
I need a beer!:drinking:

Nodoubtguy
06-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Gerba tomorrow??

trane
06-09-2009, 02:49 PM
^ That would be something. But why does it always take so long. Better late then never.

S_D
06-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Garcia has had a sub par season this year with the quakes but I guess he should be step up from Velez or Harmse.

http://www.centerlinesoccer.com/http:/www.centerlinesoccer.com/garcia-traded-to-toronto/

Center Line Soccer has learned that Earthquakes defender Nick Garcia has been dealt to Toronto FC. Initial reports from league sources indicate that the former Kansas City Wizard is being traded along with the MLS Discovery Rights to Canada international Ali Gerba for a 2010 third-round draft pick.

The trade may appear to be one sided but the biggest benefit to the Earthquakes may be shedding Garcia’s salary, reported by the MLS Players Union to be nearly $200,000 in guaranteed compensation.

trane
06-09-2009, 03:02 PM
^ Man, that is alot of money for an uderperforming back in this league. Is he even a CB or a LB to take Brennans place while he is injured.

BayernTFC
06-09-2009, 03:39 PM
The Dynamo have sent Chris Wondolowski to the San Jose Earthquakes in exchange for Cam Weaver, the team revealed this morning.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6466515.html
Very nice find my friend. They finally put an article about this transaction on the Earthquakes website:

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090609&content_id=5224664&vkey=news_sje&fext=.jsp&team=t110

ilikemusic
06-09-2009, 04:01 PM

I wasnt aware I had any credibility. Im just some random asshole on a message board.

Nice response though. Interesting that you go straigt to an alcoholism slander. Projecting something?

If you think saying 'youre living in a dream world' (in a general sense, not directed at any individual) is too argumentative then maybe the internet isnt for you.

http://www.freshbytes.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

JDG
06-09-2009, 04:12 PM
I wasnt aware I had any credibility. Im just some random asshole on a message board.

Nice response though. Interesting that you go straigt to an alcoholism slander. Projecting something?

If you think saying 'youre living in a dream world' (in a general sense, not directed at any individual) is too argumentative then maybe the internet isnt for you.

http://www.freshbytes.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

If you're just some asshole on a message board, we can do without you, but I actually thought you supported TFC, and you were here to do that, not attack fellow supporters.
You didn't direct your comment at an individual; it was a whole group of people you were insulting.
If you don't want ridiculous satements used to describe you, don't use them to describe others. As you say, the internet is serious business.
While I may like to drink, I very rarely post when drunk, and am usually a very happy drunk when I do, so no - I'm not projecting a thing. Your comments could only have come from an addled mind, so I used alcohol as a relatively innocent way to attribute your attitude.

FluSH
06-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm pretty sure someone out there couldn't see what the protests had accomplished...

I'm pretty sure of this...

ilikemusic
06-09-2009, 04:25 PM
If you're just some asshole on a message board, we can do without you, but I actually thought you supported TFC, and you were here to do that, not attack fellow supporters.
You didn't direct your comment at an individual; it was a whole group of people you were insulting.
If you don't want ridiculous satements used to describe you, don't use them to describe others. As you say, the internet is serious business.
While I may like to drink, I very rarely post when drunk, and am usually a very happy drunk when I do, so no - I'm not projecting a thing. Your comments could only have come from an addled mind, so I used alcohol as a relatively innocent way to attribute your attitude.

lulz

Okay man, believe what you like.

Youre living in a dream world if you think anything substantive is going to come from this 'issue addressing' presser or whatever it will be. It will be a placating 'were working to adress the issues, we just need some patience, MLS rules make things difficult, blah blah blah'. Basically just more of the same crap weve heard for two and a half years.

If you think this damage control press conference will be anything different from what weve heard in the past then you are kidding yourself. Thats what I believe after two years of listening to Mo and JC and Paul Beirne 'adress the issues'. If that makes me a bad supporter then I dont care. :lol:

I dont see what my opinion of the clubs public relatons has to do with my support of the team, but hey, youre free to believe what you like.

I dont see how I 'attacked fellow supporters'.

I said this sounded like typical MLSE bullshit and you attacked me. Though im not technically a 'supporter' because I didnt pay anybody anything, so I guess you can attack me all you like.

JDG
06-09-2009, 04:34 PM
lulz

Okay man, believe what you like.

Youre living in a dream world if you think anything substantive is going to come from this 'issue addressing' presser or whatever it will be. It will be a placating 'were working to adress the issues, we just need some patience, MLS rules make things difficult, blah blah blah'.

If you think this damage control press conference will be anything different from what weve heard in the past then you are kidding yourself. Thats what I believe after two years of listening to Mo and JC and Paul Beirne 'adress the issues'. If that makes me a bad supporter then I dont care. :lol:

I dont see what my opinion of the clubs public relatons has to do with my support of the team, but hey, youre free to believe what you like.

I dont see how I 'attacked fellow supporters'.

I said this sounded like typical MLSE bullshit and you attacked me. Though im not technically a 'supporter' because I didnt pay anybody anything, so I guess you can attack me all you like.

I've been reading your cynical tripe all week. You could have been banned for your comment directed at Paul the other day, but you were left alone.
When you suggest everyone who isn't doing a chicken little impression, is happy with the Real Madrid pricing you are out to lunch, and quite offensive.
I called you out because your cynicism is reaching giambac proportions, and it needs to be toned down. Most of us are furious over the current state of affairs, but you seem to think you're alone.
Don't post that shit, and you won't warrent any attention.

Mo was obviously referring to the immenant announcement of the signing of Nicky Garcia, the aquistion of Ali Gerba's signing rights, and the release of Sutton. The signing of J Smith hasn't been announced, but that may be coming as well.
Just because everyone wasn't freaking out over Mo's statement, doesn't mean anyone is in a Dream World.

ilikemusic
06-09-2009, 05:58 PM
I've been reading your cynical tripe all week. You could have been banned for your comment directed at Paul the other day, but you were left alone.
When you suggest everyone who isn't doing a chicken little impression, is happy with the Real Madrid pricing you are out to lunch, and quite offensive.
I called you out because your cynicism is reaching giambac proportions, and it needs to be toned down. Most of us are furious over the current state of affairs, but you seem to think you're alone.
Don't post that shit, and you won't warrent any attention.

So fucking ban me.

If you think im too cynical then block me.

Im not harassing anyone (if anything, youre harassing me), im just giving my opinion.

What are you new?

TFC USA
06-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Talk about asking for it. :D

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-09-2009, 06:22 PM
OFF LOAD ...VITTI ..RICKETTS... BARRET... free up a ton of money right there!! (POSSIBLY TRADE THIS DEAD WOOD FOR A SECOND DP SPOT! ( SO when DICHIO HANGS EM UP...we go AFTER ROB FRIEND FOR OUR SECOND DP and NEW TARGET MAN!! :)

BRING IN GERBA and hand over JDGUZMAN a BLANK CHEQUE (DP) :)

GERBA
DICHIO

DERO GUEVARA JDGUZMAN

CRONIN ROBINSON

BRENNAN GARCIA SERIOUX WYNNE

Ossington Mental Youth
06-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Looks like San jose is clearing out alot of players, i wonder who they have coming in...

Hooligan69
06-09-2009, 10:30 PM
I shall try to remain cautiously optimistic about tomorrow's Mo Jo press conference. Maybe something good will come out of it. On the other hand, I'd much rather see Mo Jo sacked.

Fushida
06-09-2009, 10:33 PM
OFF LOAD ...VITTI ..RICKETTS... BARRET... free up a ton of money right there!! (POSSIBLY TRADE THIS DEAD WOOD FOR A SECOND DP SPOT! ( SO when DICHIO HANGS EM UP...we go AFTER ROB FRIEND FOR OUR SECOND DP and NEW TARGET MAN!! :)

GERBA
DICHIO

DERO GUEVARA JDGUZMAN

CRONIN ROBINSON

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/445/20090119.jpg

(no offense intended to spurs fans, that post just reminded me of this)

reggie
06-10-2009, 12:13 AM
i can't wait to hear the bs later today.
maybe he will say that jaimie smith is the best left footed player in scotland,but he his signing with SJ because his wife has a aunt there.
he also will say we dont need a dp because we have OB WHITE coming in,
and another mo quote we are building something special here.

Cashcleaner
06-10-2009, 12:27 AM
So Mo plans on addressing ALL issues tomorrow? Well, there's quite a few of them, many of which are vital to our club's overall success.

The top three I can think of at the moment are the need to install a grass pitch to keep our players happy, the need to get rid of Barrett and bring in a league-killing target man, and the need to reorganize the back four and bring in a quality centre back.

Would be nice if all those points were addressed, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pachuco
06-10-2009, 09:23 AM
So is there some kind of presser happening today? is there a scheduled time?

T0R0NT0 FC
06-10-2009, 09:25 AM
So is there some kind of presser happening today? is there a scheduled time?

I think I read in one of the many news articles in the last day or so that the meeting was on thursday.

Fort York Redcoat
06-10-2009, 09:31 AM

GERBA
DICHIO

DERO GUEVARA JDGUZMAN

CRONIN ROBINSON

I love how more people are hoping this team turns into more of Canada playing together. It can only help our National squad. Heaven knows they don't get to play together that often.

TFC USA
06-10-2009, 10:14 AM
It's tomorrow, today.

flatpicker
06-10-2009, 10:16 AM
^ does that have something to do with timezones or a break in the space-time continuum?

Darlofletch
06-10-2009, 10:18 AM

GERBA
DICHIO

DERO GUEVARA JDGUZMAN

CRONIN ROBINSON

Nice team, shame it's got 11 outfield players.

Brooker
06-10-2009, 11:54 AM
where are ya? where are ya? where are ya?

Parkdale
06-10-2009, 11:55 AM
It's tomorrow, today.

that's deep man.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3177/2559724403_7d5e535df1.jpg

TFC USA
06-10-2009, 11:57 AM
that's deep man.

Yeah but she told me to go deeper. :o:D

/Gets coat

gracos
06-10-2009, 12:09 PM
i am now starting to doubt his comments, just to put off the press, to say tomorrow, tomorrow, but never will it be today, we need change, i am starting to get angered

Hooligan69
06-10-2009, 12:39 PM
So when can we expect this alleged press conference to actually happen?

JDG
06-10-2009, 12:40 PM
He never said there would be a press conference. He said things would be addressed. He may be addressing them through actions rather than empty words.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-10-2009, 12:47 PM
what i woud love to see Mo address/comment on:

1) getting a striker...hes seems to be working on fixing the back..now the front

2)DP? has there been any real attempt to get one? and did that attempt fail because of the field turf issue?

3) Take the interm tag away from Cummins and give him another season

Oh yeah MO open tha gates 90 mins before ko!!

TorontoBlades
06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
He's going to announce that he has herpes and he's going horseback riding in beautiful green forests for the rest of the summer & sleeping in hammocks with beautiful women

Derko
06-10-2009, 01:07 PM
OK, Children, recess is over we can all stop pulling our little temper tantrums!!

The Teacher has spoken,lol

gracos
06-10-2009, 01:11 PM
when does the FO shut for the day?? At this rate, I can trust even if its an action it wont be taken place till at the very least Thursday

Hooligan69
06-10-2009, 01:23 PM
He never said there would be a press conference. He said things would be addressed. He may be addressing them through actions rather than empty words.

This is true. I guess we'll just have to be patient and see what happens.

mdc 77
06-10-2009, 01:27 PM
what i woud love to see Mo address/comment on:

3) Take the interm tag away from Cummins and give him another season

Really? I'm not sure about Cummins yet but why and how could you even justify that right now? It's not like TFC has shot to the top of the league since Chris took over.

Stryker
06-10-2009, 01:28 PM
what i woud love to see Mo address/comment on:Take the interm tag away from Cummins and give him another season

WOOOOOOAAH HOLD ON THERE!
We have been burnt far too many times in this town by jumping the gun and giving coaches extentions. Wait till the end of the season.

kitchener-TFC
06-10-2009, 03:23 PM
This is where I pass out from pure joy, and suffer a fatal injury from my falling off my chair, never being able to watch Kaka play in a TFC jersey.:scarf:

I got the answer....

everyone ok with that??
I'm down.

Kickit09
06-10-2009, 03:28 PM
:toetap05:

cy43
06-10-2009, 03:29 PM
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... moooooooooooooooooooo?

ExiledRed
06-10-2009, 03:31 PM
slo-mo

Did I really just think of that one, or has it been knocking around for a while?

H Bomb
06-10-2009, 03:34 PM
so he did promise to address all issues tomorrow and tomorrow is today....anyone notice any issues addressed today?

DangerRed
06-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Looks like no news today..

C'mon Mo.. let's see Jamie Smith signed already!

:pbjtime:

Hooligan69
06-10-2009, 03:41 PM
so he did promise to address all issues tomorrow and tomorrow is today....anyone notice any issues addressed today?

I read in this morning's newspaper that tomorrow's today is actually tomorrow.

:confused: :rolleyes:

mastermixer
06-10-2009, 03:50 PM
I read in this morning's newspaper that tomorrow's today is actually tomorrow.

:confused: :rolleyes:

Where's the flux capacitor when you need it?

TorontoBlades
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
today is the tomorrow you dreamt about yesterday

Chevy
06-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Everybody now! "The sun will come out...

http://krazykk.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/annie07.jpg

The Kingpin
06-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Is it tomorrow yet?

Artur3575
06-10-2009, 04:35 PM
it was said conference is Thursday according to fan 590

MFG1
06-10-2009, 04:39 PM
so in mo's world, tomorrow means the day after, soon means when there is a real sense of urgency, and be patient means , dont bother asking me any more questions.

Kevin
06-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Where's the flux capacitor when you need it?

Where are we going to get the necessary 1.21 Gigawatts? :D

Brooker
06-10-2009, 05:40 PM
1.21 Gigawatts?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

Pryu
06-10-2009, 05:42 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00184/johnsotn_184719s.jpg

BuSaPuNk
06-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Where are we going to get the necessary 1.21 Gigawatts? :D

Fuck I don't think I've laughed that hard in a while. :rofl:

jloome
06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
slo-mo

Did I really just think of that one, or has it been knocking around for a while?

I doff my tabloid hat to you, sir.

ilikemusic
06-10-2009, 06:53 PM
I like where this thread went. :lol:

nascarguy
06-10-2009, 07:05 PM
so do we have a time and are we going to bmo to stand out side to say goodbye to mo

TorontoMO
06-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Mo will announced that John Limniatis is talking the team over from boytoy bench thingy. Besides singing Ali Gerba . Half Assed trade MO is also bringing in......as our DP....Eduardo Sebrango.

The Toronto FC Impact is now here.

first person shooters
06-10-2009, 08:52 PM
I guess we can expect more of mo's classic cliches.Over on the yorkies blog there is a funny take on what we might hear tommorow.If you want to check it out http://yorkies1812.blogspot.com/

cheers.:scarf:

Cashcleaner
06-11-2009, 02:47 AM
Really? I'm not sure about Cummins yet but why and how could you even justify that right now? It's not like TFC has shot to the top of the league since Chris took over.

I'm not convinced about Cummins either. I think he knows what he wants from the players, but may not have the ability to affect change from the club side of things.

I say give him until the end of the season and judge him off what he accomplishes then.

CretanBull
06-11-2009, 03:47 AM
Is it tomorrow yet?

No, sorry that was yesterday, you missed it.

The Kingpin
06-11-2009, 04:07 AM
No, sorry that was yesterday, you missed it.

OK. But today is D-Day...? Right?

CretanBull
06-11-2009, 04:43 AM
^No, that's tommorow.

(I'm sarcastically using "Mo-speak" :D)

Today - Thursday June 11th - is supposed to be the day when Mo addresses the various issues surrounding TFC.

The Kingpin
06-11-2009, 05:06 AM
But it will probably be pushed to tomorrow - right? :)

And hey - why aren't people looking to infiltrate the press conference? This would be an awesome way to get some press/make some noise!!

Luanda
06-11-2009, 07:49 AM
So when-where will MOJO talk today?
Radio or TV coverage?

Hooligan69
06-11-2009, 07:51 AM
So when-where will MOJO talk today?
Radio or TV coverage?

TWITTER.

:lol:

Kaz
06-11-2009, 07:56 AM
1.21 Gigawatts?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

Chad Barrett in a Hamster Wheel attached to a generator. He's got to be good for something, and apparently he's a hard worker...