PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to the Real Madrid Friendly ?

Pages : [1] 2

anto7
06-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Thought it might be interesting to gauge how many of us will actually take the option to buy tickets to the RM game. I for one will not fork out this ridiculous amount of money to see the game.

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Is this a poll? Missing something?

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
$125 minimum is insane. What a complete rip-off. You call $15 off 'loyalty' pricing? I call it lemming pricing.

Detroit_TFC
06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Not boycotting, just too expensive. I'm 75% sure not going to get tickets.

Despite the ridiculously poor way this has been rolled out by the FO, I do like that a top team will be in our house. We could have shown them that we can create atmosphere in North America too, if the FO hadn't of priced out most of the supporters.

edit: I'm sure they'll get a taste of atmosphere at DC too but not like we can bring it.

Yohan
06-08-2009, 10:18 PM
I'd rather spend two hours of quality time with a really hot prostitute

BC101
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
................wuh di ass i find myself agreeing with Yohan...

106-12
06-08-2009, 10:21 PM
could affored it no problem . but boycotting this game

olegunnar
06-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Come on....
everyone has to vote yes...so the market research types get the wrong message.

NateDoGG
06-08-2009, 10:27 PM
hell no will i be buying tickets
not even to see kaka play would i pay those prices
out of this WORLD
the ac milan v chelsea game in america is like 100 dollars less then any of those prices for this friendly..... unfuckinbelievable

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Like I mentioned elsewhere...I got to see Manchester United vs AC Milan for much less.

Granted, it was at Giant Stadium...but to me it's irrelevant. I saw TWO big clubs for much, much less. The fact that I am asked to pay more because our stadium is too small just means I will let someone else (who more than likely is not a TFC fan) get hosed for these tickets.

This will be more like a Real home game than a TFC home game. Our own boys will not have support in their own stadium. That's just disgusting.

Gixmo
06-08-2009, 10:31 PM
I will not support this venture... It's a slap in the face and is biting the hand that feeds you. Brutal, I'm dismayed with the club.

vilerichard
06-08-2009, 10:32 PM
$125 minimum is insane. What a complete rip-off. You call $15 off 'loyalty' pricing? I call it lemming pricing.

Apparently you *can* put a price on loyalty.

ilikemusic
06-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Hah!

Aside from any football related objections to the context of the game, the tickets are just way too much. What am I? Made of money?

Toronto Ruffrider
06-08-2009, 10:33 PM
I will buy tickets for this friendly... as soon as MLSE announces that it is laying down permanent grass.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-08-2009, 10:34 PM
If the guys who did these prices up had considered more than how much they could milk out of Torontonians, they would have seen exactly what you're saying Roogsy, but that's just it, they don't care about anything aside from how much they can make from whomever ends up buying the tickets, whether they're Toronto fans or not. Seeing 112 and 113 fill up with soccer moms and glory hunting 20-somethings in all-white shirts is not going to be a pretty sight...

anto7
06-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Like I mentioned elsewhere...I got to see Manchester United vs AC Milan for much less.

Granted, it was at Giant Stadium...but to me it's irrelevant. I saw TWO big clubs for much, much less. The fact that I am asked to pay more because our stadium is too small just means I will let someone else (who more than likely is not a TFC fan) get hosed for these tickets.

This will be more like a Real home game than a TFC home game. Our own boys will not have support in their own stadium. That's just disgusting.
Agree with you Roogsy. I went to the Milan v Man Utd game too and also got to see both teams practise the day before and still paid less than what I would have to see to watch this game.

icecoldbeer
06-08-2009, 10:41 PM
I'll need a bailout if I buy these tickets!

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I'll need a bailout if I buy these tickets!
Same. I'm not boycotting really, but those prices are just a slap in the face. Ugh.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-08-2009, 10:50 PM
No, I will not be attending nor will my two brothers and father, who were loyal enough to purchase tickets before the stadium was even built. To ask us to purchase additional tickets for a friendly at a "loyality" price of $700 dollars is obscene.

I also find it laughable to have the Club tell me:

"In three short years, Toronto FC has brought new meaning to fan support and venue atmosphere."

The supporters are the ones who have made "TFC" special. Not the poor product or tin stadium. MLSE have obviously missed the entire concept of football support and how its created. This franchise would be the "Marlies of the MLS" without the "loyal" support.

Am I surprised…NO. Disappointed…YES.

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 10:51 PM
No, I will not be attending nor will my two brothers and father, who were loyal enough to purchase tickets before the stadium was even built. To ask us to purchase additional tickets for a friendly at a "loyality" price of $700 dollars is obscene.

I also find it laughable to have the Club tell me:

"In three short years, Toronto FC has brought new meaning to fan support and venue atmosphere."

The supporters are the ones who have made "TFC" special. Not the poor product or tin stadium. MLSE have obviously missed the entire concept of football support and how its created. This franchise would be the "Marlies of the MLS" without the "loyal" support.

Am I surprised…NO. Disappointed…YES.

QFT...

james
06-08-2009, 10:54 PM
ya i cant afford these slap in the face prices.

You could bet its gonna be a Leaf type atmosphere vs Madrid since it seems like 95% of supporters cant even afford the prices..

Kickit09
06-08-2009, 11:02 PM
More like.....In three long years, Toronto FC has brought new meaning to fan exploitation and player oppression.

Only suckers are going to Real in T Oh no.

nascarguy
06-08-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm going but only to get my shirt sign but I'm not buying any tickets

CretanBull
06-08-2009, 11:42 PM

I'm not sure if I should laugh, cry or throw something when I read that.

Hooligan69
06-09-2009, 12:00 AM
I wouldn't be caught dead at this farce of a game. I won't be watching it on television either.

Buying tickets makes you part of the problem.

Dozitwin
06-09-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm surprised that anyone would say they are going to try an scalp the tickets. I can't see this game being anywhere near capacity. Buying tickets and trying to sell them at a profit, even at the "loyalty" price seems like an expensive risk.

I seriously doubt 20,000 Real Madrid fans are going to attend and if you want to see TFC play, buying a ticket for a regular season game, even from a scalper, would be a lot more cost effective.

As for me I'll be exercising my right of first refusal.

CretanBull
06-09-2009, 12:53 AM
^ I agree, I don't think that people will have any chance of scalping the tickets...I'd predict a flood of tickets being available at face.

Cashcleaner
06-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Come on....
everyone has to vote yes...so the market research types get the wrong message.

Ya beat me to it!

Seriously though, I wasn't going to go once the whole scheme was announced, regardless of cost. I agree that I could buy tickets at a discount and sell them with a respectable mark-up, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to do it.

TheRenter
06-09-2009, 01:02 AM
fcuk that, however will watch on the teevee

TheRenter
06-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Seriously though, I wasn't going to go once the whole scheme was announced, regardless of cost. I agree that I could buy tickets at a discount and sell them with a respectable mark-up, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to do it.

I even doubt that:noidea:

Afra
06-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Too much coin for my blood. If the ticket were reasonable I was considering just for the sake of cheering on our boys in a next to impossible game with lots of people cheering for the bad guys. But at $175 per ticket for 109. . . Sorry boys, you are on your own with this one. Thanks MLSE. Have fun selling 20,000 tickets at those prices.

sampace
06-09-2009, 05:37 AM
Who cares about a friendly in August, we have more important games to play right now, by the time August roles around there maybe nothing left to play with by what is happening right now. Especially considering that Trader Mo, who use to trade players like Fred in Scoobie wheres Ascotts is now sitting back and doing absolutely NOTHING to improve our side! This season is all but done! Maybe that's why they are all talking about Real Madrid and not about who we play after clinching the Nutrilite Championship, or how will we stay in first....our focus is all messed up in the head office area!

pubboy
06-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Too much coin for my blood. If the ticket were reasonable I was considering just for the sake of cheering on our boys in a next to impossible game with lots of people cheering for the bad guys. But at $175 per ticket for 109. . . Sorry boys, you are on your own with this one. Thanks MLSE. Have fun selling 20,000 tickets at those prices.

Exactly !
I was thinking that i'd pay up to about $70, and honestly thought that's about what they would charge for 116. Cant believe the way they are trying to gouge us. Unless somebody on here wants my 4 tickets in 116, then will not be taking up this 'opportunity' !

:scarf:

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2009, 06:27 AM
I believe this will sellout with people who want to be seen or think they are better than TFC.

I don't go to midseason friendlies.

Mikey
06-09-2009, 06:34 AM
I don't think I'm eligible for these tickets, I just checked in the mirror and I can't find the word "MUG" on my forehead......

mclaren
06-09-2009, 06:42 AM
"It wasn't in the season's ticket holder package (a game against lesser known River Plate of Argentina is), but those fans are getting a better price than Joe Public." Tom Anselmi

We're just so lucky to get that $15 off - thanks Tom, you're the best.

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 06:43 AM
"It wasn't in the season's ticket holder package (a game against lesser known River Plate of Argentina is), but those fans are getting a better price than Joe Public." Tom Anselmi

We're just so lucky to get that $15 off - thanks Tom, you're the best.

is that the team we should have been playing in the CONCACAF this year? :(

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 06:49 AM
when looking at this poll please remember not to look at percentages but the number of people that aren't going.

For example up to now, 98 people aren't going - that would lower the overall attendanece from say 20700 to 20602. This isn't even as bad as what cottage country does to dent the attendence. And of course I'm worngly assuming that your tickets won't be snagged up others.

My suggestion, scalp them for a rediculously large sum of money. Flip the script on the MLSE. By all means, have a mass scalp of the tix and give the profits away to charity - no need to be truly greedy...but I think that might be a better way to make a point.

'The RPB Scalp to Save Breast Cancer' - trademark TorontoBlades 6/9/2009

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2009, 06:53 AM
is that the team we should have been playing in the CONCACAF this year? :(

I believe it's some American. I don't know why he wanted to caome to the game but whaever.

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 06:59 AM
^ I thought that was Joe the Plumber :)

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 07:01 AM
we got a better loyalty deal!!!!!

http://www.burlingtonsoccer.com/pub/images/TFC%20Logo.JPG

more respect than.......

http://www.joepubliconline.com/images/smwhitelogo.gif

cementhead
06-09-2009, 07:11 AM
I will not wast my time driving for Niagara putting $50 bucks in gas another $10 for parking $20 to $40 to go and get something to eat and three tickets $175.I say we go to the Blue Jay game again Baltimore wear are TFC gear.We could sit in the 500 level for $5 buck.

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2009, 07:20 AM
^ I thought that was Joe the Plumber :)

HA! Shows how much tv I watch.

mike_bouma
06-09-2009, 07:30 AM
If I get a bailout in the next couple days I might be able to afford $125 tickets!

MartinUtd
06-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Where's the option "My company has box seats" :D

Suds
06-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Too much coin for my blood. If the ticket were reasonable I was considering just for the sake of cheering on our boys in a next to impossible game with lots of people cheering for the bad guys. But at $175 per ticket for 109. . .

This is what I was thinking before the prices were announced. Add in a few beers, travel to and from the game, etc. Gets beyond my budget for a friendly.

Heck, I would have maybe bit if they offered to credit the value they have on our Int'l Friendly against the cost so it would have only cost me another $65 to see this game.

Carter
06-09-2009, 07:43 AM

I figure we just book a vacation sometime next year, hit up england and spain, grab a few matches, it might be cheaper if we book the flights now. :rolleyes:

Rochdale
06-09-2009, 07:50 AM
$150.00 for Section 220. Screw that. Staying home and watch it on TV.

TOBOR !
06-09-2009, 08:06 AM
when looking at this poll please remember not to look at percentages but the number of people that aren't going.

No, you're wrong. Percentages is exactly what you should be looking at. This poll so far only reflects a portion of RPBers, who are only a portion of overall TFC support and ticket holders. But based on the responses so far over 80% of voters are staying away, a trend you would expect to continue when/if voter numbers increase.

I can only hope that MLSE takes it in the face like Rogers did over the Bills in Toronto fiasco.

druid
06-09-2009, 08:11 AM

For example up to now, 98 people aren't going - that would lower the overall attendanece from say 20700 to 20602. This isn't even as bad as what cottage country does to dent the attendence. And of course I'm worngly assuming that your tickets won't be snagged up others.

My suggestion, scalp them for a rediculously large sum of money. Flip the script on the MLSE. By all means, have a mass scalp of the tix and give the profits away to charity - no need to be truly greedy...but I think that might be a better way to make a point.

'The RPB Scalp to Save Breast Cancer' - trademark TorontoBlades 6/9/2009

There's no evidence to suggest that the market can support this type of pricing. Perhaps MLSE has done their own market research but pricing of other Euro vs Euro games in NA has been substantially lower than this. In fact, it's been almost 50% less per ticket. And now we're in a recession/depression.

50% extra is a huge jump that entails risk. The question is how much risk, not is there any.

Chevy
06-09-2009, 08:17 AM
No, you're wrong. Percentages is exactly what you should be looking at. This poll so far only reflects a portion of RPBers, who are only a portion of overall TFC support and ticket holders. But based on the responses so far over 80% of voters are staying away, a trend you would expect to continue when/if voter numbers increase.

I can only hope that MLSE takes it in the face like Rogers did over the Bills in Toronto fiasco.

I think you're looking at 80% of "supporters" (i.e. south end) not purchasing the tickets, and approx 50-60% of "other" season ticket holders not buying them.

So that leaves about 12,000 or so tickets for "joe public"? I still gotta think they will sell this thing out.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-09-2009, 08:17 AM
^ I saw Italy play at Skydome for less than $40 about 5-6 years ago, just to add another example.

rviewmirror
06-09-2009, 08:21 AM

I disagree, this board is not reflective of the over 50% casual fan season ticket base. This board has supporters who are upset with the FO, the casual fan is not. I think this game will sell out, but will do so with greater support for Real than TFC :(

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2009, 08:27 AM
^Agreed. If I lurked casual-like on this board I'd stay the hell away if I was pro on this issue.

Jay P
06-09-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm going.

Pachuco
06-09-2009, 08:30 AM
I disagree, this board is not reflective of the over 50% casual fan season ticket base. This board has supporters who are upset with the FO, the casual fan is not. I think this game will sell out, but will do so with greater support for Real than TFC :(

Actually, I've offered up my tickets to the casual fans I know and all of them declined. 1 of them is a big Real fan and he has no idea what's going on with the FO and supporters. This is the same guy that contacted me the day it was announced Real was coming so that he could get tickets. To be honest, I don't see alot of interest at all.

Carts
06-09-2009, 08:34 AM

Post of the Year candidate right here!!!

Carts...

Boudge
06-09-2009, 08:35 AM
$175 dollar tickets for section 109!!

These guys are NUTS!

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm going.

Thasit?

Joe Kool
06-09-2009, 08:40 AM
I won't pay it. No way. $1800 for the season was already putting myself in enough debt. If I was going to spend the money I would rather buy tickets for a playoff game that matters if we make it that far.

CoachGT
06-09-2009, 08:44 AM

Agreed in principle, but I'm not sure that the game will sell out. My guess would be about 16,000.

Jay P
06-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Thasit?

yup! Not interested in internet debating, but While I don't agree with moving a fixture, especially when MLS wouldn't allow us to postpone the Chivas game last year, I don't want to pass up a chance to see a team like RM play Toronto FC.

+ someones gotta make fun of the Eurosnobs :)

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2009, 08:50 AM
yup! Not interested in internet debating, but While I don't agree with moving a fixture, especially when MLS wouldn't allow us to postpone the Chivas game last year, I don't want to pass up a chance to see a team like RM play Toronto FC.

+ someones gotta make fun of the Eurosnobs :)

No debate required. Thanks for your opinion. Enjoy.

Maple Leaf Red
06-09-2009, 08:51 AM
It's amazing that MLSE thinks that this will work. I wonder how many tickets they have sold for the other friendlies out of the 4000 that aren't covered by STHs?

I think that they've really miscalculated the effect that Real Madrid playing will have. As lots of people have noted, you could see two big teams play at the Dome for a third of the price. I saw Liverpool/Porto and paid $55 a ticket.

My mom wanted to get 2 tickets for my dad for his birthday but at these prices we'll probably let all four slide which is a shame because if they had held back their greed $70-80 would have been doable.

maninb
06-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Anybody who thinks this game will sell out is delusional....Even at regular prices it's a tough sell....MLSE and the scalpers are gonna take a bath on this one!!! EXCELLENT!!!!

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Anybody who thinks this game will sell out is delusional....Even at regular prices it's a tough sell....MLSE and the scalpers are gonna take a bath on this one!!! EXCELLENT!!!!

Wager this as a Sig for a week to the loser? A delusional Sig! What say you Mani?

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Here's the way I see it...

$300 bucks is a night out drinking. It doesn't even dent my bank account - and I don't think I'm the richest person in the city by far. If I can see a massive club play 10 minutes from my place, for $300 - that's a good show. I've taken my ol' lady to see a bunch of Jersey Boys dance around for 2 hours while I wanted to kill myself for that same price - so why not watch a club like Real Madrid play in Toronto for the only time in our lifetime.

JonO
06-09-2009, 09:08 AM
I want to go but I don't think I will. Can't figure out why really - just spent about the same on concert tickets. I think it may be just the build up and subsequent let down that makes me not want to shell out more money on this... :(

elvis
06-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Not going...never go to friendlies...in season or out.

Mikey
06-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I don't want to pass up a chance to see a team like RM play Toronto FC.

You just need to squint your eyes a bit at BMO, the way the team is performing the last few games, they can make half the fuckin' league look like Real Madrid......

Jay P
06-09-2009, 09:21 AM
You just need to squint your eyes a bit at BMO, the way the team is performing the last few games, they can make half the fuckin' league look like Real Madrid......

Last few games? where have you been the last 2 seasons?

Carefree
06-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Prediction: There will be a brief buying frenzy as soon as the tickets go on sale, with the ignorant masses trying to scoop up tickets to what they think will be a quick sell-out, but sales at the ridiculously inflated prices will peak at about 12,000. That's when you'll start seeing a lot of giveaways on radio shows, TV, etc. There will probably be some announcement about a week before the game saying that a "limited quantity" of tickets (i.e. about 5,000) has just been released, and a few of those will be picked up by the ill-informed. All in all, they will announce the game as a sell-out, but only about 17,000 will show up.

SuperTCP
06-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Did not want to buy a pair, but was asked by a charity organization to get a pair, they will use in silent auction. At least they are going to a good cause.

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 09:56 AM
^ great promotional idea

greatwhitenorf
06-09-2009, 09:56 AM
There's already a lineup to buy the six seats I own. Not a scalper, so not interested in profit, but the demand at $200 per was immediate, with calls and messages from friends and family last night.

And I haven't even spoken yet to business associates whom I know would devour the lot as well, most of them for personal use rather than corporate backscratchers.

With the buzz about Kaka signing, and possibly more high-profile additions to come, this game will not only sell out, but will be a very hot item for scalpers.

T-Bird
06-09-2009, 09:58 AM
not :P

Roogsy
06-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Post of the Year candidate right here!!!

Carts...

$200 only gets you 1 hour and with a below average looking one...Yohan needs to adjust his expectations. :lol:

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 10:03 AM
There's already a lineup to buy the six seats I own. Not a scalper, so not interested in profit, but the demand at $200 per was immediate, with calls and messages from friends and family last night.

And I haven't even spoken yet to business associates whom I know would devour the lot as well, most of them for personal use rather than corporate backscratchers.

With the buzz about Kaka signing, and possibly more high-profile additions to come, this game will not only sell out, but will be a very hot item for scalpers.

in my little world as well - people are just chewing at the bit

I think some of ya have closed yourself off to the heartbeat of a lot of the football community in Toronto - it's so very much bigger than the 100,000 or 200,000 that support, watch, or even care about TFC or the MLS

Hooligan69
06-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Those who buy tickets become part of the problem.

Roogsy
06-09-2009, 10:07 AM

I agree. They will fill it, with Real Madrid fans that rarely, if ever, go to TFC games and will likely stay that way.

This is not a promotional game for TFC...it's a promotional game for Real Madrid. And we're paying them! Talk about getting it from both ends.

We are the Washington Generals to their Harlem Globetrotters.

Roogsy
06-09-2009, 10:10 AM
For the record, my friend, who is a TFC season ticket holder AND a Real Madrid fan, is not going to this game. What does that tell you about how they have alienated Toronto fans? And for what? Apparently, they aren't making much on this venture. Just a poor effort all around.

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Yeah,

@ MLSE
Finance Department: A lot of work for a marginal gain - we should have just had the NHL outdoor game here - fails the cost benefit ratio for MLSE
Marketing Department: Epic Fail of Biblical Proportions
Human Resources: Might have a much busier summer than originally anticipated

JamboAl
06-09-2009, 10:17 AM
I e-mailed a couple of friends yesterday and they didn't know this game was on. One of them is a person who goes to events to be seen was pleasantly surprised that the tickets were so affordable. When I told him I wouldn't be caught dead going on principle, he thought I was nuts. He said TFC fans were fickle and didn't understand why anyone wouldn't want to see good soccer.

I am looking for a new friend!

iansmcl
06-09-2009, 10:22 AM
What really bothers me is the percentage that the tickets went up... the expensive seats are about 200% of normal while the south end is 400% more than a "premium" game.

Fuck this noise. I almost hope that RM plays their second/third squad and TFC plays #2 and Rick Titus.

olegunnar
06-09-2009, 10:23 AM
They put the prices out there a week in advance so that people could vent, calm down, then pony up.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Yes im going...a chance to see Real Madrid play the boys is a once in a lifetime event...cant pass it up!!!:scarf:

Maple Leaf Red
06-09-2009, 10:27 AM
$200 only gets you 1 hour and with a below average looking one...Yohan needs to adjust his expectations. :lol:
Yeah but that's only one ticket. 2 tickets gets you a looker.

Roogsy
06-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Yes im going...a chance to see Real Madrid play the boys is a once in a lifetime event...cant pass it up!!!:scarf:

LOL! Once in a lifetime if in your lifetime you don't travel outside the GTA.

I could go see them in DC for less.

I did go see TWO big teams for less in NY.

Once in a lifetime is getting a Superclasico ticket (Barca vs Real Madrid). This is a "hey...this doesn't happen every year" sort of thing. Kind of like Cirque de Soleil coming to town. I didn't go to that either.

Primavera
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
... didn't understand why anyone wouldn't want to see good soccer.

We do want to see good soccer.

...does your friend know that Real Madrid is playing against TFC???

TOBOR !
06-09-2009, 10:47 AM
I think you're looking at 80% of "supporters" (i.e. south end) not purchasing the tickets, and approx 50-60% of "other" season ticket holders not buying them.

So that leaves about 12,000 or so tickets for "joe public"? I still gotta think they will sell this thing out.

Really ? I'm thinking that these boards (as well as NEE, U-Sec, etc. ) is where the avid supporters are - the ones who travel about the continent to watch and support TFC - and if 80% of them are staying away, why would you think that the casual fan is gonna pony up $175 to watch a dog and pny show put on by MLSE ? Especially given the way TFC has been playing of late. This has got disaster written all over it.

This will show just how much MLSE marketing had to do with TFC's success out of the gate, and how much of it was supporter driven from the outset. MLSE has been so busy back-slapping one another since day one they haven't realised that they've had little or no part in their own club's success (other than actually bringing the team here). Everything beyond that has been supporter initiated.

Hopefully this will turn out to be a humbling experience for them.

Jay P
06-09-2009, 10:49 AM
LOL! Once in a lifetime if in your lifetime you don't travel outside the GTA.

I could go see them in DC for less.

I did go see TWO big teams for less in NY.

Once in a lifetime is getting a Superclasico ticket (Barca vs Real Madrid). This is a "hey...this doesn't happen every year" sort of thing. Kind of like Cirque de Soleil coming to town. I didn't go to that either.

a pablo vitti goal should be considered once in a lifetime too lol

jaahuuu
06-09-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm going, I'd been putting off buying the new jersey, now I won't be getting it at all. I won't be buying food or beer at BMO for the rest of the season either, I'll buy a bottle of coke if I really need it. I should do better than break even by the end of the year.

elvis
06-09-2009, 11:06 AM
This made me laugh - chat convo with a buddy, who is a very casual fan:

Him: will Kaka be there?
me: Yes
Him: wow, that might be the greatest player to ever take BMO non?
me: You'll shit yourself when you hear the ticket prices.
Him: I’ve got some drip today so that wont be a problem
hit me with it
me: Not included in SSH ticket packages - supporters are pissed.
Him: umm you bought tickets from MLSE right?
me: http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/pdf/2009/real_madrid_seating_chart.pdf
Him: shouldn’t you be mad at yourself?
Him: seems in line with what i would expect to pay non?
when do they go on sale?
already?
Him: join me by not buying those tickets

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Really ? I'm thinking that these boards (as well as NEE, U-Sec, etc. ) is where the avid supporters are - the ones who travel about the continent to watch and support TFC - and if 80% of them are staying away, why would you think that the casual fan is gonna pony up $175 to watch a dog and pny show put on by MLSE ? Especially given the way TFC has been playing of late. This has got disaster written all over it.

This will show just how much MLSE marketing had to do with TFC's success out of the gate, and how much of it was supporter driven from the outset. MLSE has been so busy back-slapping one another since day one they haven't realised that they've had little or no part in their own club's success (other than actually bringing the team here). Everything beyond that has been supporter initiated.

Hopefully this will turn out to be a humbling experience for them.

Some of the most avid and knowledgable footy minds and club team supporters that I know have travelled the world for and to watch their clubs - but they can't stomach the level of soccer played in the MLS. There are so many of those out there that you wouldn't believe....

...did you think we were all dead before TFC came to town

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
a pablo vitti goal should be considered once in a lifetime too lol

yes and it already happened in last year's friendly

TOBOR !
06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm going, I'd been putting off buying the new jersey, now I won't be getting it at all. I won't be buying food or beer at BMO for the rest of the season either, I'll buy a bottle of coke if I really need it. I should do better than break even by the end of the year.

when you do get a jersey, have GOUGED printed across the back of it, and $140 (or whatever you end up paying for your ticket) for the number.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-09-2009, 11:14 AM

Me too the new home jersey will have to wait,food at BMO has really stopped since the tailgates anyways...after this game its time to start saving up for season ticket renewals...what other clubs would i have paid this type of money for...? Celtic for sure, Liverpool also for sure..

TOBOR !
06-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Some of the most avid and knowledgable footy minds and club team supporters that I know have travelled the world for and to watch their clubs - but they can't stomach the level of soccer played in the MLS. There are so many of those out there that you wouldn't believe....

...did you think we were all dead before TFC came to town

Are you saying that they'll all queue up to pay through the nose to watch Real Madrid play TFC ? Doesn't seem like something avid and knowledgeable people would do...

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 11:16 AM
....yes I do

JamboAl
06-09-2009, 11:16 AM
We do want to see good soccer.

...does your friend know that Real Madrid is playing against TFC???

Yep. He'd be the perfect sucker, I mean client, that MLSE would be gearing this game towards.

TOBOR !
06-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Ted Rogers is giggling in his grave

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Are you saying that they'll all queue up to pay through the nose to watch Real Madrid play TFC ? Doesn't seem like something avid and knowledgeable people would do...

BTW - $300 ain't shit in this city to pay for an event. Everything sells out in Toronto - if Billy Talent can sell out the ACC for two shows - it shows the nature of the consumer in this city.

Plus - $300 to watch players of the caliber of Real Madrid play and show their technical and tactical skills ....that is a BOMBACLAT bargain to any fan of the game IMO

TOBOR !
06-09-2009, 11:33 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/a_fool_and_his_money_are_soon_parted_tshirt-p235298438576268228qiuw_400.jpg

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 11:54 AM

Of course.

If the majority opinion on the board was in favour, you'd almost certainly be complaining about it.:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Anyhow, I hope they delay the kickoff till 8pm, just for you.

torontocelt
06-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Here's the way I see it...

$300 bucks is a night out drinking. It doesn't even dent my bank account - and I don't think I'm the richest person in the city by far. If I can see a massive club play 10 minutes from my place, for $300 - that's a good show. I've taken my ol' lady to see a bunch of Jersey Boys dance around for 2 hours while I wanted to kill myself for that same price - so why not watch a club like Real Madrid play in Toronto for the only time in our lifetime.

I agree, the pricing is insane and I am very dissapointed however it is a once in a lifetime thing that they will come to Toronto so I will get one. I just hope I can get one of the cheapest seats. Some people pay the same price or more to see the Leafs here not that I think this justifies the price being charged because it doesn't.

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Of course.

I hope they delay the kickoff till 8pm, just for you.

:D Would one stay in the big bad city for once in a lifetime?

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 12:01 PM
BTW - $300 ain't shit in this city to pay for an event. Everything sells out in Toronto - if Billy Talent can sell out the ACC for two shows - it shows the nature of the consumer in this city.

Plus - $300 to watch players of the caliber of Real Madrid play and show their technical and tactical skills ....that is a BOMBACLAT bargain to any fan of the game IMO

It's obvious from your posts that you are doing well for yourself, good for you.

Now quit with this $300 is beer money shit, because I'm finding it offensive.

torontocelt
06-09-2009, 12:04 PM
It's obvious from your posts that you are doing well for yourself, good for you.

$300, I dunno about you guys but I reserve at least $500 a week for beer no worries. Is it even possible to get drunk on $300?

Afra
06-09-2009, 12:06 PM

$300 is not beer money at my $4.75/hour wage.

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Yes!

You have to sift through the junk here.
Am I pissed that I can't see this game for free included in my season's package. Yes
Am I pissed that they will bring in grass for the game but not for our team. Yes
Am I pissed that the ownership of my club is run by wallets over heart or brains. Yes
Has MLSE dropped the ball on this event financially & operationally. Yes

But that's all water under the bridge now - can't do anything about it, and only one question remains:
Should I pay $300 to see Toronto FC play Real Madrid in August on a natural grass sruface? Of course!

I fool and his money are soon parted? Yes, when I spent $500 for kitchenware for the wife this weekend, $300 on a drunken binge, and another $100 in interest on my Line of Credit. Tix for Real Mardid - not so much IMO

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 12:10 PM

it's the point I'm trying to make - everyone here I'm sure wastes at least $300 on something - eating out, premium gas, dating, excessive rent, spinning rims...hell I don't know. But any fan of footy can sure put aside this money to see this club in action - that's the point I'm trying to get across here

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm obviously just an insignificant peasant, along with the many thousands of others in this province who've been fucked by the downturn.

I was a professional welder before the world turned and I amongst several thousand Ontarians got laid off. I made a good wage, but $300 for a night out would not be a weekly event, not monthly either. Now, it's absolutely inconceivable given that I have two kids to feed.

RedRum
06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
No way I'm going.

For those who are thinking they are going to buy tix to scalp them: beware.
Remember scalping prices are dictated by supply and demand. Just as scalpers are often selling tickets below face value for league games this year, you're $150 ticket may end up only fetching you $60.

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm obviously just an insignificant peasant, along with the many thousands of others in this province who've been fucked by the downturn.

I was a professional welder before the world turned and I amongst several thousand Ontarians got laid off. I made a good wage, but $300 for a night out would not be a weekly event, not monthly either. Now, it's absolutely inconceivable given that I have two kids to feed.

My foot is in my mouth. And given that you've made post number 111 on this thread and we all know that 111 rocks....my arguing is done here :canada:

Dirk Diggler
06-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Whats with this "everything sells out" in Toronto junk? That is not true. It just seems that way because Toronto is a big city. What about the Bills game last year?

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 12:16 PM
No way I'm going.

For those who are thinking they are going to buy tix to scalp them: beware.
Remember scalping prices are dictated by supply and demand. Just as scalpers are often selling tickets below face value for league games this year, you're $150 ticket may end up only fetching you $60.

ok, one last thing sorry. please don't compare Real Madrid to the Kansas City Wizards ever again

ACSertL
06-09-2009, 12:17 PM
The 125 for my ticket is too much for me to justify paying for a friendly.

Edit...err what Exiled said. Not in the exact same boat as him, but I'm an oarsman none the less.

Mikey
06-09-2009, 12:24 PM

Why I would gladly part with one of my kidneys to help keep the hard working souls on the ML$E Executive board in bonuses......:rolleyes:

Shep
06-09-2009, 12:26 PM
If I have the $ for the ticket, I'm going.

Toronto FC will be playing, and I support the team.

And all of you who are choosing to insult those of us going - keep that sh*t to yourselves.

When it all comes down, I support the boys on the field first. I'm not going to be intimidated by idiots trying to call me a sucker or a fool for choosing to get out and cheer on the squad.

If it's too much money for you, stay home.

:scarf: Till I Die.

torontocelt
06-09-2009, 12:33 PM
If I have the $ for the ticket, I'm going.

Toronto FC will be playing, and I support the team.

And all of you who are choosing to insult those of us going - keep that sh*t to yourselves.

When it all comes down, I support the boys on the field first. I'm not going to be intimidated by idiots trying to call me a sucker or a fool for choosing to get out and cheer on the squad.

If it's too much money for you, stay home.

:scarf: Till I Die.

+1 - People need to give it a break, I mean seriously if people want to go that is their business, I am sure by now everyone knows where everyone stands on the issue. Those wanting to go don't need to hear about how they are getting ripped off or aren't real fans, they are going and they will more than likely really enjoy the experience. For those not going out of principle or lack of money then that is fine, I respect that, let's just leave it at that.

T0R0NT0 FC
06-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Does anyone know if the match is going to be televised? :yum:

I would love to watch it, but would feel better if I didnt' spend 300$ to go.

menefreghista
06-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know if the match is going to be televised? :yum:

Its going to be on Gol TV.

Shep
06-09-2009, 12:39 PM
More like.....In three long years, Toronto FC has brought new meaning to fan exploitation and player oppression.

Only suckers are going to Real in T Oh no.

No. Supporters who can afford it are going.

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Suds
06-09-2009, 12:42 PM
+1 - People need to give it a break, I mean seriously if people want to go that is their business, I am sure by now everyone knows where everyone stands on the issue. Those wanting to go don't need to hear about how they are getting ripped off or aren't real fans, they are going and they will more than likely really enjoy the experience. For those not going out of principle or lack of money then that is fine, I respect that, let's just leave it at that.

+1

I'm not attending this game for my own personal reasons. But I have to agree it's B.S. to launch attacks at people who have decided to go. If someone has decided they want to see this game it's their money, their time, their choice. I hope the people that do attend cheers on our lads.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-09-2009, 12:45 PM
No. Supporters who can afford it are going.

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

cant really afford to go at the moment but will...will just have to borrow some cash to go...after all it is Real Madrid.....

Toronto Ruffrider
06-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I find the poll results interesting. Apparently 5.5% respondents plan to buy tickets and scalp them. Good luck getting a return on that investment!

TOBOR !
06-09-2009, 12:51 PM
this may turn out to be notmuch more than an experiment by MLSE to find out what the market will bear to attend a TFC match. Be careful when purchasing overpriced tickets as the ownership may misinterpret that as being what the consumer will pay - especially for future events of this ilk.

A bar is being set here. This is much more to do with how much you'll pay to watch TFC play AC Milan next year than feeling done over your free ticket to see Real Madrid this year.

And eventually it'll trickle down to regular season ticket prices. And what if TFC makes the playoffs ? How much will those tickets be priced at ?

Suddenly your moderately affordable day out at the BMO slips beyond your grasp and you find yourself watching more games on the telly than at the pitch.

Be careful about tipping your hand to the Corporation

Torcida
06-09-2009, 12:57 PM
I won't be in the country for the game but even if I was there is 0% chance of me buying a ticket to this friendly.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-09-2009, 12:59 PM
this may turn out to be notmuch more than an experiment by MLSE to find out what the market will bear to attend a TFC match. Be careful when purchasing overpriced tickets as the ownership may misinterpret that as being what the consumer will pay - especially for future events of this ilk.

A bar is being set here. This is much more to do with how much you'll pay to watch TFC play AC Milan next year than feeling done over your free ticket to see Real Madrid this year.

And eventually it'll trickle down to regular season ticket prices. And what if TFC makes the playoffs ? How much will those tickets be priced at ?

Suddenly your moderately affordable day out at the BMO slips beyond your grasp and you find yourself watching more games on the telly than at the pitch.

Be careful about tipping your hand to the Corporation

That is where this comes in handy:;)

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14039

A football club run by supporters represents an alternate avenue for football spending. If MLSE tries to jack up the prices for TFC games, just cut off spending for that team and put a fraction of your money into the new club.

Competition is good. It's plain to see why MLSE doesn't like any competing interests in its own back yard.

TOBOR !
06-09-2009, 01:07 PM
^yeah - saw that thread - awesome idea. Defo onside with this.

legia_tfc
06-09-2009, 03:22 PM
hell no

ilikemusic
06-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Youre an asshole if you pay to go to this game. :D

cmonyoureds
06-09-2009, 03:42 PM

Agree with you Roogsy. I went to the Milan v Man Utd game too and also got to see both teams practise the day before and still paid less than what I would have to see to watch this game.

+1
Seems a few of us were there. Would travel and pay again for it. Won't pay for this "grab your ankles" scheme though.

Bombonera
06-09-2009, 03:59 PM
A friend of mine recognized immediately that for the price of 2 tickets (And beer), you can fly to Madrid.

Let's please all give our head's a giant shake. We may love our team, but MLSE has clearly not shown any of us any indication that they appreciate our enthusiasm.

I really do want to go, but buying these tickets makes about as much sense as giving your money to Maddoff while he is in jail with the expectation that you will get something in return.

MOREOVER, I for one will not help pay for a grass field our players won't be able to enjoy moving forward. WHat is hapenning here is disgraceful and unbelieevably disrepsectful to both TFC players and fans.

Pryu
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I think it's an awesome opportunity to see a great team made up of National Team Members from Argentina, Brazil, France, Italy, Netherlands and Spain. When are you going to have a chance to see such talent,...,maybe never. And they're facing off with our own heros!

I've gone to 2 world cups in the past to see great footballers play,...i never regretted paying for it. Memories lasts a lifetime,...it's worth it.

ilikemusic
06-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I think it's an awesome opportunity to see a great team made up of National Team Members from Argentina, Brazil, France, Italy, Netherlands and Spain. When are you going to have a chance to see such talent,...,maybe never. And they're facing off with our own heros!

I've gone to 2 world cups in the past to see great footballers play,...i never regretted paying for it. Memories lasts a lifetime,...it's worth it.

:rolleyes:

Ryan1984
06-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Youre an asshole if you pay to go to this game. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVpxxzb2Dc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVpxxzb2Dc

:D:D

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 04:48 PM
I don't want to watch 'great footballers' play, if they're not on my team, period.

If I was going to this game I'd be going to see TFC, not Real, and I don't believe a TFC game is worth $125

Finally, if Real Madrid actually do play 'great football' they'll massacre our team. Who wants to see that? Seriously, people want to see nutmegs, scissor kicks and pinpoint crosses, but from the opposition? I don't get it.

jmorgs88
06-09-2009, 04:52 PM
only game against Real ill be seeing this year is on October 17th and will cost much much less

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 05:04 PM
I got to see Real Madrid in a UEFA Champions league quarter final at Old Trafford. The game when Bex got subbed on and scored a brace and embraced Zidane after the game waving goodbye to United fans...yes that game....yes I got bloody hosed....much, much more than this game....did I ever regret it for a minute?

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 05:06 PM
I got to see Real Madrid in a UEFA Champions league quarter final at Old Trafford. The game when Bex got subbed on and scored a brace and embraced Zidane after the game waving goodbye to United fans...yes that game....yes I got bloody hosed....much, much more than this game....did I ever regret it for a minute?

And nobody protests about prices at Old Trafford.

Least of all the working class citizens of Salford and Manchester who helped build the fucking place.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-09-2009, 05:09 PM
^^…a game that meant something…

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 05:11 PM
And nobody protests about prices at Old Trafford.

Least of all the working class citizens of Salford and Manchester who helped build the fucking place.

No you're right. But these are things unfortuneately that are out of our individual control. But the moments you can see on the football pitch are much more gratifying than any amount of money

futbol_fever
06-09-2009, 05:15 PM
HALA MADRID!!!!!!...dream come true for me....ill be there in full support for my madridistas and reds....

torontocelt
06-09-2009, 05:32 PM
I don't want to watch 'great footballers' play, if they're not on my team, period.

So you close your eyes when the opposition has the ball?

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-09-2009, 05:50 PM
could affored it no problem . but boycotting this game

+++ 1

K1nG
06-09-2009, 06:50 PM
As far as I am concerned, if you purchase a ticket to this mockery of a game knowing all of the circumstances surrounding it, you are the personification of a Pension Plan Puppet.

PRB
06-09-2009, 06:59 PM
I couldn't afford the tickets at that price but if it sells out then it is hard to argue with their reasoning to price them so high. I do feel sorry for the season ticket holders I think they deserved a little better. Saying that I would pay $100 to go and see Bruce Springsteen play so what's another $40 on top of that to see one of the best football teams of all time play? The counter argument to my own point, I suppose, is that going to see a pre-season warm-up friendly against Madrid for $140 would be like paying $100 to go see Springsteeen tune up his voice before going to play the actual gig elsewhere.

CretanBull
06-09-2009, 07:23 PM
^ It would be like paying $140 to see the E-Street Band without Bruce Springsteen, and little Steven only played 3 songs.

PRB
06-09-2009, 07:25 PM
ha ha, a better comparison! :D

Keyman
06-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I need one ticket in the south end. No, it's not for me.

My friend is dying to go to this match, alone, and I'd like for him to be in the south end. So if anyone on here could grab a ticket, then I'd buy it off you right away.

Thanks,
Kieran

K1nG
06-09-2009, 07:52 PM
on the other hand, who wouldn't fork out 160 or more to watch a washed up sides B team play on a pitch that will probably be worse than the one John Terry slipped on during his CL Final penalty.

Blazer
06-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Can anybody speculate what 3 tickets in section 111, row 6 would garner on kijijijijijiji or craigslist for this game?

dag
06-09-2009, 08:39 PM
$175 (the cost of my seat in 109) for a friendly involving Toronto FC is simply very difficult to justify to myself - and my bank account! Nonetheless, I will consider it, but am strongly leaning to not going.

ExiledRed
06-09-2009, 08:46 PM
$175 (the cost of my seat in 109) for a friendly involving Toronto FC is simply very difficult to justify to myself - and my bank account! Nonetheless, I will consider it, but am strongly leaning to not going.

Don't bother, mate. You won't miss shit if you stay away, but you will save $175.

Cowboy905
06-09-2009, 08:49 PM
i'd love to go but i'd rather spend money on Juve vs River Plate August 5th (if it'll ever get confirmed)

also August 7th the Blue Jays are hosting the Baltimore Orioles and the entire 1992 and 1993 roster will be in attendance! i wouldn't miss that for the world!

FluSH
06-09-2009, 08:53 PM
i'd love to go but i'd rather spend money on Juve vs River Plate August 5th (if it'll ever get confirmed)

also August 7th the Blue Jays are hosting the Baltimore Orioles and the entire 1992 and 1993 roster will be in attendance! i wouldn't miss that for the world!

Juventus vs River Plate????

hmmmmm....

Hooligan69
06-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Juventus vs River Plate????

hmmmmm....

Would that game be at BMO? :eek:

heather
06-09-2009, 09:07 PM
I will not be attending this game.

FluSH
06-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Well I was pondering on going.. but this is out of my price range for me... not to say that my family won't go...

However, I still believe that we can hopefully make the playoffs... so this $140 needs to be saved for roadtrip games...

If not the playoffs then Boston or Seattle...

Toronto Ruffrider
06-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Can anybody speculate what 3 tickets in section 111, row 6 would garner on kijijijijijiji or craigslist for this game?

At $150 per ticket ($450 for three) plus service charges, I wouldn't quit your day job.;)

RicoSuave44
06-09-2009, 11:18 PM
I'd like to go but alas, I am broke.

Blazer
06-10-2009, 07:59 AM
At $150 per ticket ($450 for three) plus service charges, I wouldn't quit your day job.;)

That's exactly what I would have (and did) guess. Suppose I was waiting for a lofty number but ...

Thanks!

TorontoBlades
06-10-2009, 08:08 AM
^ If you do find out. Let me know (in 111 as well) - be curious to find out

bigwitzy
06-10-2009, 10:56 AM
i would be really hard pressed to give the MLSE brass my money for a real madrid side that could field their 2nd or 3rd string team.

Blazer
06-10-2009, 11:02 AM
^ If you do find out. Let me know (in 111 as well) - be curious to find out

Well I’ll never know for sure what I could catch for 3 tix, right?! All I can do is speculate myself and ask around. $450 is what I originally figured I’d get for 3 tickets, which is exactly what I would pay so it makes no sense to buy and sell in this case.

Two shyte teams. One shyte cost.

Cowboy905
06-10-2009, 11:07 AM
http://www.riverplate.com/Blogs/River-News--English-/3499-rivers-preseason-training-will-be-in-canada.html

says there that River Plate will be playing Juventus here.

TOBOR !
06-10-2009, 01:37 PM
FWIW - noticing that the poll results are still showing 80% of responders not going.

Even taking in your +/- values 19 times out of 20 or whatever, this is a large number.

wzhxvy
06-10-2009, 02:53 PM
So despite my well known opinions, I considered this for 3 days. Not because I want to see RM, but because I dont like missing TFC matches and thought it might be interesting. After thinking about the prices, and that my seat category is the most expensive, and everything MLSE has done, I said you know what...let them have them. Why the heck would I spend $175 per.

As someone said, this game will not only not sell out...but I predict less than 10,000 people will attend. I dont know if you guys know, but the Elton/Billy Joel concert in the ACC a few weeks ago did not sell out, which is a sign of the times and the crazy pricing. Unlike Mo, I hope Paul is held accountable for this poor decision and miscalculation. You got this one very wrong MLSE...mark my words.

Chevy
06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
http://www.riverplate.com/Blogs/River-News--English-/3499-rivers-preseason-training-will-be-in-canada.html

says there that River Plate will be playing Juventus here.

Heard today that Juve is NOT coming to Canada and River will play Everton in Edmonton. :(

http://www.canada.com/Sports/Kowalchuk+dedication+beautiful+game+undying/1681338/story.html

Roogsy
06-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Wow...almost 400 votes.

To say people feel strongly about this is an understatement.

I don't think any poll on this forum has ever surpassed 300.

Limani_Ole
06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
for 175 to watch 2-3rd string is a joke.. you would have to questions a persons judgement for buying these tickets.. thats a top notch stake and a night at the ripers all in one..

hmmm.... what would you buy with 175 bucks?

mastermixer
06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Can you imagine the debacle this game will be if RM plays their starters against our injury prone, goal-starving, defensively challenged TFC squad. It could get embarassing.

Jay P
06-10-2009, 03:39 PM
hmmm.... what would you buy with 175 bucks?

something stupid.

overpriced clothing
a gadget that will be obsolete in 3 months.
some booze that will leave you a disaster the next day
tickets to other sub par toronto sporting events
tickets to see some crappy band
another tfc kit and hat, to go along with the one you already own.

really when you think about it.... you probably will spend the $ on something stupid, just not this.

Suds
06-10-2009, 03:46 PM
So despite my well known opinions, I considered this for 3 days. Not because I want to see RM, but because I dont like missing TFC matches and thought it might be interesting. After thinking about the prices, and that my seat category is the most expensive, and everything MLSE has done, I said you know what...let them have them. Why the heck would I spend $175 per.

As someone said, this game will not only not sell out...but I predict less than 10,000 people will attend. I dont know if you guys know, but the Elton/Billy Joel concert in the ACC a few weeks ago did not sell out, which is a sign of the times and the crazy pricing. Unlike Mo, I hope Paul is held accountable for this poor decision and miscalculation. You got this one very wrong MLSE...mark my words.

Talked about if this game would sell out with a colleague today. The one thing MLSE does have is a pretty big database of contacts their reps can contact to sell these tickets to. Lot's of corporate contacts too.

It will be interesting to see how well they do.

CretanBull
06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
^ To avoid embarassment, BMO won't be empty...but I'd bet my soul that the seats won't be filled by 20,000 people who paid the asking price.

H Bomb
06-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Where's the 2nd string idea coming from. This match is in August. In August teams need to get their players match fit, and no number of training sessions can produce match fitness. We'll see 90% of the first team for at least 45 minutes IMO

Edit: well y'all might see them, I probably wont even see the highlights

Miko
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Where's the 2nd string idea coming from. This match is in August. In August teams need to get their players match fit, and no number of training sessions can produce match fitness. We'll see 90% of the first team for at least 45 minutes IMO

Edit: well y'all might see them, I probably wont even see the highlights

The problem isn't so much that it's preseason but that they are playing a higher profile match 48 hrs later.

Most teams won't commit players to 2 matches in 2 days even in preseason.

More likely, you see scrubs for 70 minutes and then some high profile players for the last 20 as a way to get them ready to play against DC on the Sunday.

denime
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I have a good feeling South Stands will look and sound like ACC

JonO
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I have a good feeling South Stands will look and sound like ACC
You mean we're getting a roof for this game too?? :p

torontocelt
06-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Real Madrid has a squad big enough to be able to field two completely different first teams if they want. They have a very strong squad and even if they fielded one team in the first half and a completely different one in the second, each team would be jam packed with class players. Below is the current squad, I am guessing there will be more player activity during the summer, some will go and some will arrive. Just going by those players below you can make a couple of formidable teams. Those that say it will be mainly reserve players etc then take a look for yourselves, it isn't that bad is it?

GK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goalkeeper_(association_football))Iker Casillas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iker_Casillas) (vice-captain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_(football)))2DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_(association_football))Michel Salgado (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Salgado)3DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_(association_football))Pepe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%A9pler_Laveran_Lima_Ferreira)4DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_(association_football))Sergio Ramos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Ramos)6MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Lassana Diarra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lassana_Diarra)7FW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_(association_football))Raúl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%BAl_Gonz%C3%A1lez) (captain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_(football)))8MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Fernando Gago (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Gago)9FW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_(association_football))Javier Saviola (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Saviola)10MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Wesley Sneijder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Sneijder)11FW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_(association_football))Arjen Robben (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arjen_Robben)12DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_(association_football))Marcelo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Vieira_da_Silva_J%C3%BAnior)13GK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goalkeeper_(association_football))Jordi Codina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordi_Codina)14MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Guti (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Mar%C3%ADa_Guti%C3%A9rrez) (vice-captain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_(football)))15MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Royston Drenthe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royston_Drenthe)No.PositionPlayer16DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_(association_football))Gabriel Heinze (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Heinze)17MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Dani Parejo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dani_Parejo)19FW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_(association_football))Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaas-Jan_Huntelaar)20FW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_(association_football))Gonzalo Higuain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Higuain)21DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_(association_football))Christoph Metzelder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christoph_Metzelder)22DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_(association_football))Miguel Torres (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Torres_G%C3%B3mez)23MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Rafael van der Vaart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_van_der_Vaart)24MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Javi García (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Javier_Garc%C3%ADa)-MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Rubén de la Red (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rub%C3%A9n_de_la_Red)-MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Mahamadou Diarra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahamadou_Diarra)-FW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_(association_football))Ruud van Nistelrooy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruud_van_Nistelrooy)-DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_(association_football))Ezequiel Garay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezequiel_Garay)-MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Kaká (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kak%C3%A1)

Suds
06-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Those that say it will be mainly reserve players etc then take a look for yourselves, it isn't that bad is it?

GK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goalkeeper_%28association_football%29)Iker Casillas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iker_Casillas) (vice-captain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_%28football%29))2DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_%28association_football%29)Michel Salgado (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Salgado)3DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_%28association_football%29)Pepe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%A9pler_Laveran_Lima_Ferreira)4DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_%28association_football%29)Sergio Ramos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Ramos)6MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Lassana Diarra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lassana_Diarra)7FW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_%28association_football%29)Raúl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%BAl_Gonz%C3%A1lez) (captain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_%28football%29))8MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Fernando Gago (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Gago)9FW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_%28association_football%29)Javier Saviola (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Saviola)10MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Wesley Sneijder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Sneijder)11FW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_%28association_football%29)Arjen Robben (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arjen_Robben)12DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_%28association_football%29)Marcelo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Vieira_da_Silva_J%C3%BAnior)13GK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goalkeeper_%28association_football%29)Jordi Codina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordi_Codina)14MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Guti (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Mar%C3%ADa_Guti%C3%A9rrez) (vice-captain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_%28football%29))15MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Royston Drenthe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royston_Drenthe)No.PositionPlayer16DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_%28association_football%29)Gabriel Heinze (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Heinze)17MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Dani Parejo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dani_Parejo)19FW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_%28association_football%29)Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaas-Jan_Huntelaar)20FW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_%28association_football%29)Gonzalo Higuain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Higuain)21DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_%28association_football%29)Christoph Metzelder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christoph_Metzelder)22DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_%28association_football%29)Miguel Torres (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Torres_G%C3%B3mez)23MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Rafael van der Vaart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_van_der_Vaart)24MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Javi García (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Javier_Garc%C3%ADa)-MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Rubén de la Red (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rub%C3%A9n_de_la_Red)-MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Mahamadou Diarra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahamadou_Diarra)-FW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_%28association_football%29)Ruud van Nistelrooy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruud_van_Nistelrooy)-DF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_%28association_football%29)Ezequiel Garay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezequiel_Garay)-MF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder)Kaká (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kak%C3%A1)

very true ... there are so many skilled players in that line-up

jazzy
06-10-2009, 10:23 PM
very true ... there are so many skilled players in that line-up
True... but who are they playing? I would be more excited if they did field 2 teams amongst themselves and played , the loser stays here. If we don't go we may miss Kaka, Robben, etc, etc but thems the breaks.....I'm not even bitter any more...It is simply too much money for uncompetive football...I hope anyone who goes has a great time...they are HUGE....all things work out in the end.....

TOBOR !
06-11-2009, 08:43 AM
^...and now C.Ronaldo

DOMIN8R
06-11-2009, 08:45 AM
I think it's time to start this poll over again:rolleyes:

Jay P
06-11-2009, 08:45 AM
i'd love to see Harmse/ Serioux fuck up pepe.

LCB
06-11-2009, 08:50 AM
^...and now C.Ronaldo

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/06/11/1318516/official-manchester-united-accept-world-record-real-madrid

Ohhhhhhh snap. Those fucking teachers just made a MINT. The entire west end of the city is going to buy tickets now!

BakaGaijin
06-11-2009, 09:04 AM
http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/06/11/1318516/official-manchester-united-accept-world-record-real-madrid

Ohhhhhhh snap. Those fucking teachers just made a MINT. The entire west end of the city is going to buy tickets now!

I doubt he plays.........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/5479692/Cristiano-Ronaldo-could-miss-Manchester-Uniteds-pre-season.html

LCB
06-11-2009, 09:19 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/5479692/Cristiano-Ronaldo-could-miss-Manchester-Uniteds-pre-season.html

You're probably right, but I don't think that's going to deter the 16 year old girls... remember Beckham?

mike_bouma
06-11-2009, 10:41 AM
:iamwithstupid:

Roogsy
06-11-2009, 10:45 AM
I had put down that I was not going...and I am still not going.

But now I may scalp my tickets. HAHA!

Before...I didn't think there would be demand, but now there will be. The little girls who love Beckham and Ronaldo will push the demand up.

Jay P
06-11-2009, 10:47 AM

Before...I didn't think there would be demand, but now there will be. The little girls who love Beckham and Ronaldo will push the demand up.

don't forget the Ronnie Fanboys.

Kevvv
06-11-2009, 10:49 AM

Funny, that story also says:

That injury curtailed Real Madrid's hopes of luring the player to the Bernabeu last summer and, despite the Spanish club's intentions to renew their efforts to sign Ronaldo before the start of next season, United remain steadfast in their determination not to sell the player.

Let's be clear, TFC did not beg RM to play here; RM wants greater exposure (more fans, more $$$) so they can afford to field the best team money can buy. Playing the U14 squad does not achieve that, so for them it would be a wasted trip from that standpoint.

Suds
06-11-2009, 10:51 AM

+1:D

spezz44
06-11-2009, 10:53 AM
still not going.

AL-MO
06-11-2009, 11:22 AM
I gotta admit the Portuguese in me is bugging out right now with the Ronaldo transfer from Man United.

RedsYNWA
06-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Now that Kaka and Ronaldo might be there = easy sell out, I suggest everyone buys tickets and scalps them to "friends and well wishers":devil:

Dave67
06-11-2009, 11:33 AM
squirms in seat... well maybe I will go with my wife now... but only to see if OBW gets a run out :)

Kevvv
06-11-2009, 11:50 AM
I gotta admit the Portuguese in me is bugging out right now with the Ronaldo transfer from Man United.

You have a Portuguese in you??

Pachuco
06-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Oh my lord, now David Villa is in advanced negotiations with Madrid as well
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...sfers&&cc=5901 (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=654201&sec=transfers&&cc=5901)

WOWSERS!

TorontoBlades
06-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Say what you want people, but new signing always play in the firendlies to gain experiance in the tactics of a new club

I am just dreaming of seeing the like of any (and possibly all) of Kaka, CR7, Villa, plus maybe Sneijder...oh, I could go on...

...on a pitch as cozy as the 20,000 BMO. Done deal!

ExiledRed
06-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Oh my lord, now David Villa is in advanced negotiations with Madrid as well
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...sfers&&cc=5901 (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=654201&sec=transfers&&cc=5901)

WOWSERS!

I was saying in the international forum

maybe when the Real Madrid brass next meet with MLSE's they can drop a few pointers on how to respond to a bad season by spending money.

FluSH
06-11-2009, 03:14 PM
I hope these resent developments have not changed people's minds on giving me their first right of refusal! Somewhere buried in this thread I said I wanted to purchase tickets for family... I have 2 tickets that I can purchase but need at least 4 more...

Please Help thank u...

Limani_Ole
06-11-2009, 03:33 PM
keep dreaming.. most 1st team players will be on vacation.. they wont get out of bed for TFC

Jay P
06-11-2009, 03:50 PM
keep dreaming.. most 1st team players will be on vacation.. they wont get out of bed for TFC
but they'll magically appear 2 days later for DC United?

TorontoBlades
06-11-2009, 04:08 PM

keep posting.. while I'm watching them play at BMO and you're on here like a bitter bridesmaid :scarf:

LCB
06-11-2009, 04:49 PM
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/search/sss?query=real%20madrid

Jesus, look at the difference in asking price between the entries from June 9th and today's.

Mikey
06-11-2009, 05:04 PM
keep posting.. while I'm watching them play at BMO and you're on here like a bitter bridesmaid :scarf:

LOL.
I'll be sport fishing in the caribbean, paid for by some mug / Ronaldo fanboy who's buying my four tickets from me.......

SoccerGolf&Wine
06-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Thought it might be interesting to gauge how many of us will actually take the option to buy tickets...

I won't be popular saying this, but $125 is not out of whack considering the appearance fee, etc.
I'm as cynical as anyone of MLSE, but they're in business to make money, and bringing one of the world's top sports organiztions is going to cost you.

This will be a big event for the city of Toronto and I hope our crowd is in full song.

I wasn't going to go, but Kaka, CR and maybe Villa - c'mon once in a lifetime. For $125.

Bobo
06-11-2009, 07:18 PM
STILL a no for me.

Judas might have refused 20 pieces of silver, but cracked at 30.

Blazer
06-11-2009, 07:34 PM
I won't be popular saying this, but $125 is not out of whack considering the appearance fee, etc.
I'm as cynical as anyone of MLSE, but they're in business to make money, and bringing one of the world's top sports organiztions is going to cost you.

This will be a big event for the city of Toronto and I hope our crowd is in full song.

I wasn't going to go, but Kaka, CR and maybe Villa - c'mon once in a lifetime. For $125.

Don't count on it.

Marco2K
06-11-2009, 07:49 PM
How much do you guys think Real madrid is charging?

1 million?

Dust2
06-11-2009, 09:08 PM
How much do you guys think Real madrid is charging?

1 million?

At least $2 mil. At least.

Real Madrid president commented that they made 15 million Euros from 2 games in Japan during his 1st Galacticos.

jazzy
06-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I think it's time to start this poll over again:rolleyes:

:hump:

In talking to some diehard players fans...Now they will go.....Mr. Ronaldo and the promise of 45 minutes of main roster

H Bomb
06-11-2009, 11:16 PM
The truth is I have nothing against Madrid and would love to see their collection of players play. But not on these terms...they stink.

The Kingpin
06-12-2009, 03:46 AM
The truth is I have nothing against Madrid and would love to see their collection of players play. But not on these terms...they stink.

I agree - but scalping seems like a great option for some. Might as well make a few quid if you can.

torontocelt
06-12-2009, 06:24 AM
I agree - but scalping seems like a great option for some. Might as well make a few quid if you can.

For a group who is against scalping tickets I find the fact that people are trying to justify it for this match bewildering. The RPB's dont scalp tickets period, that is meant to be the rule is it not? Furthermore there are RPB's going to this match, why would you want to help contribute to increase the price of tickets for them? Really it makes no sense and is morally wrong. A lot of people are unhappy but scalping tickets is not the answer and all RPB's should not be considering it, if they are then I guess we should all refrain from posting articles on other scalping issues in the TFC group?

Fort York Redcoat
06-12-2009, 07:01 AM
For a group who is against scalping tickets I find the fact that people are trying to justify it for this match bewildering. The RPB's dont scalp tickets period, that is meant to be the rule is it not? Furthermore there are RPB's going to this match, why would you want to help contribute to increase the price of tickets for them? Really it makes no sense and is morally wrong. A lot of people are unhappy but scalping tickets is not the answer and all RPB's should not be considering it, if they are then I guess we should all refrain from posting articles on other scalping issues in the TFC group?

Agreed. Only making it worse. I'm just staying away.

The Kingpin
06-12-2009, 07:24 AM

Your opinion is strong - but the bolded extraction is a bit of a stretch. All that is being suggested is that this could serve as an opportunity for some supporters who have put a lot of money in the club to get a little back. And any RPB's that are attending this game will be showing their true stripes as well... Remember there are RPB's who can't go to the game tomorrow, because of what MLSE executives have themselves acknowledged, as a bungling mess. I think those fans should be able to recoup as well - an ancillary payment for their troubles. Your stance though strong, falls into a grey area - this is not a league match - and it has hurt the supporters.

BakaGaijin
06-12-2009, 07:33 AM

Agreed.

Seems to be some hypocrites around here.......

torontocelt
06-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Your opinion is strong - but the bolded extraction is a bit of a stretch. All that is being suggested is that this could serve as an opportunity for some supporters who have put a lot of money in the club to get a little back. And any RPB's that are attending this game will be showing their true stripes as well... Remember there are RPB's who can't go to the game tomorrow, because of what MLSE executives have themselves acknowledged, as a bungling mess. I think those fans should be able to recoup as well - an ancillary payment for their troubles. Your stance though strong, falls into a grey area - this is not a league match - and it has hurt the supporters.

By scalping tickets who exactly are people supposed to be hurting, the MLSE? This would definitely not harm them as they will get their money regardless, it would also tell others that their product is in high demand. The only people who would be hurt by this is supporters of TFC and the people who are just going along for the occassion. I am one of the people not going tomorrow due to the change in date but I dont see scalping as a way to make this right, too wrongs do not make a right and scalping is wrong and illegal and should not be advocated as a solution on the RPB's board, not if we are going have a high moral stance on other apects of scalping it makes no sense? Pehaps we could set up a scalpers board on this site where we could all scalp our tickets to each other, perhaps that would make some people happy, that would really show the MLSE... One final point I am unawre that Jack had come out and stated that all RPB's should not attend the game, is this the case? It is just how you mention RPB's who attend 'will be showing their true colours'?

H Bomb
06-12-2009, 07:50 AM
agreed, scalping makes you part of the problem. I'm not going to the match based on principles, I wont give those up just to make a few bucks...that's what MLSE is doing

The Kingpin
06-12-2009, 08:17 AM
agreed, scalping makes you part of the problem. I'm not going to the match based on principles, I wont give those up just to make a few bucks...that's what MLSE is doing

Hey - I have no tickets - I don't really care... I'm just sayin', in this case I'm not to bovvered....

H Bomb
06-12-2009, 08:23 AM
I hear ya. Trust me, what I'd like to do is buy mine and sell em for 3 times as much...but I'm not gonna. But MLSE was always going to make their money back, so I think it's important for supporters to take a non financial approach

TorontoBlades
06-12-2009, 08:25 AM
LOL.
I'll be sport fishing in the caribbean, paid for by some mug / Ronaldo fanboy who's buying my four tickets from me.......

you win :hump:

pubboy
06-12-2009, 08:26 AM
I hear ya. Trust me, what I'd like to do is buy mine and sell em for 3 times as much...but I'm not gonna. But MLSE was always going to make their money back, so I think it's important for supporters to take a non financial approach

Same here. Decided i just wouldnt buy my 4 seats. Dont have a problem on this occasion with fans making some money out of the plastics / suits. Just cant be bothered to be honest.
:scarf:

Angelo1405
06-12-2009, 08:36 AM
the only chance where the city of Toronto gets to impress Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Casillas, and Real Madrid and hope to play for MLS one day, is when the "hardcore" fans are gonna protest. lol....

H Bomb
06-12-2009, 08:39 AM
^^ I dont get this. Impress those guys? Look at the names you mentioned...well I guess impressed can be a relative term. I'll happily say fuck those guys, who asked them to come? I couldn't care less if they are impressed, I hope they're unimpressed and MLSE learns their lesson. Hey if they really wanted cash they could rent out Skydome for a Real AC Milan friendly. Then us TFC fans wouldn't have to worry about being ass fucked or anything....could just go about our business

TorontoBlades
06-12-2009, 08:40 AM
the only chance where the city of Toronto gets to impress Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Casillas, and Real Madrid and hope to play for MLS one day, is when the "hardcore" fans are gonna protest. lol....

It's a good point. These are opportunities to make an impression on players that might want to get paid to retire for a couple of seasons.

That said, I would love to DP Sneijder in a couple of years...and yes you can take that any which way you wish :cool:

Fort York Redcoat
06-12-2009, 08:53 AM
^^ I dont get this. Impress those guys? Look at the names you mentioned...well I guess impressed can be a relative term. I'll happily say fuck those guys, who asked them to come? I couldn't care less if they are impressed, I hope they're unimpressed and MLSE learns their lesson. Hey if they really wanted cash they could rent out Skydome for a Real AC Milan friendly. Then us TFC fans wouldn't have to worry about being ass fucked or anything....could just go about our business

Agreed. I doubt we'll impress much with our ability to rent some world competition.

Blazer
06-12-2009, 08:56 AM

Wow! They’re not and will never be impressed with 5th tiered soccer in the world ma man. We’ll both be old men before this league is ever anything better than that if it even exists in 40 years from now.

Fort York Redcoat
06-12-2009, 09:20 AM

I assume it would've been our presence at the game that would dazzle the players but I think they've seen support. I mean we're trying to take a page from their book of support.

TorontoBlades
06-12-2009, 09:38 AM
We're so Toronto to get down on ourselves.

So many players have everything they want in Europe, except they (warranted or not) beleive that the life in North America is so much more glamorous and better. Toronto is a world class city and it may appeal to a couple of these players - if a realtively (by MLS starndards) superior playing atmosphere makes an impression on them, they may want to consider Toronto once their playing days in Madrid are over. Exposure cannot possibly hurt...

Fort York Redcoat
06-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Toronto is a world class city ..

Only people outside the city can say that or it's bragging donchaknow.

Oh wait. Your in Scarsville.:D Preach on.

TorontoBlades
06-12-2009, 09:45 AM
^ I just moved :)

TFC~Vatreni
06-12-2009, 10:56 AM
The recent article by Mark Polishuk / MLSnet.com Staff states:

Real Madrid is currently the talk of the football world due to their multimillion dollar acquisitions of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka within the last week, and Toronto fans will be assured of seeing these two and the other Real stars. The contract for the match stipulates that, health permitting, Real Madrid must field their regulars for a minimum of 45 minutes.

My take:
This sounds like all the stars will be playing, barring health concerns. So I don't blame anyone for wanting to go see this game.Either way, I say we just buy them because then WE decide who we can sell them to if we don't want to go, even resell them face value to a real football fan instead of all the scalpers buying them once they go on sale to a casual for a ludicrous price.

Oblio2
06-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Kaka and or C.Ron will not play......watch, they will be "injured"

torontocelt
06-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I jump bumped into Kaka and Ronaldo at soup it up at bloor and young, both confirmed that they will play.

torontocelt
06-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Kaka bought a BLT and a chicken noodle soup, Ronaldo had a cheese sandwich and lentil soup.

Fort York Redcoat
06-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Kaka bought a BLT and a chicken noodle soup, Ronaldo had a cheese sandwich and lentil soup.

I want to get this out of the way-

So Ronaldo just dove into that lentil soup, didn't he?

TorontoBlades
06-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Kaka and or C.Ron will not play......watch, they will be "injured"

Fixed snapshot. Hater!

torontocelt
06-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Ronaldo got stuck in, he said her will bring all the boys to soup it up at bloor and young when they are next over. Kaka said next time he will try Mr Souvlaki.

mastermixer
06-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Are there any WCQ games going on around that time? I'm sure Real will lose some stars if that is the case.

TFC Cityboy
06-12-2009, 03:42 PM
there are but not for Portugal or Brazil - 5sept.

boban
06-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Anyone willing to sell a pair of tickets in the south end let me know.
I have friends willing to go and would be great if I could get them at 'loyalty pricing'.
Please PM me.

Thanks.

sardinho
06-14-2009, 09:08 AM
anybody know if on monday we're limited to only our regular season tickets / seats? or if there's a set maximum on tickets? i've got 2 seasons, but need 1 extra for my visiting father-in-law, and i can't find any information on the policy for this event anywhere? anybody heard / read anything?

cmonureds
06-14-2009, 10:38 AM
This game is WAY too 'spensive. The football maniac in my office who said he wanted to bring his little son to see the galacticos, and thought he would pay any price, balked when I told him the price was 150.00 for my section, for EACH seat. No one I know will pay these prices, hell, I can't even go on a road trip this year, which is what I would have preferred to do with that money if I had it. I went to BOTH Liverpool/Porto and Celtic/Roma, they had their first teams, and my tix were 75.00 each game. If the average cost for this game, over 20,500 seats is an average of 220.00/seat, then MLSE will bring in 4.5MM for this game if they sell it out: if that's what it will take to get us a permanent grass surface, I'm good with that. But this game is priced for wealthy Bills/The Boss/Cirque fans, not me or mr.cmonureds. So, for those who are going, enjoy

BRed
06-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Game will be sold out by Friday....

pubboy
06-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Maybe. Completely over it to be honest. Not paying those stupid prices for a friendly.

GrimsbyTown
06-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Let me check...mmmm nope.