flatpicker
06-08-2009, 08:57 PM
^ hahahaaa!!! Oh Jesus!

icecoldbeer
06-08-2009, 10:06 PM
hahahaha

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Nice to see DeRo make that commitment...its hard for anyone to pick between club and country...Concacaf need to have the Gold Cup in the winter months of January/February to make it better for MLS clubs.
Stephen Hart should start bringing in some of the U-20s to have a look at , under real game conditions...wcq maybe a while yey for canada
again but lets start making some progress..DeRo can lead TFC into the
playoffs, and 2 wins over NYRB will help,but TFCmanagement need to bring in other players to help out. Houston just signed a canadian from
Europe, where was TFC and why did they not make an attempt on this guy?

Northern Soul
06-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Atta boy DeRo!

werewolf
06-09-2009, 12:11 AM
he already stepped away from the National team while the last coach was in charge, not hard to believe he doesn't want back in that mess.

werewolf
06-09-2009, 12:12 AM
p.s. Speaking of Start the Changes...MLS...

"It is every player's dream to represent his country, but I have said from Day 1 that it is not right," said Carl Robinson, who also recently decided to put the club ahead of country. "This league is the only league that does not recognize international dates."

Waggy
06-09-2009, 12:53 AM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=196&pictureid=1624

Nobody fucks wit da jesus!

twistedchinaman
06-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Sincerely thanks DeRo;

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/06/08/derosario_gold_cup_tfc/

That's why we love the man. :D

Cashcleaner
06-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Let's also not forget the fact that DeRo doesn't seem interested in toeing the ownership's line when it comes to his treatment as a player. That gives him extra marks in my book.

The Kingpin
06-09-2009, 05:46 AM
"It is every player's dream to represent his country, but I have said from Day 1 that it is not right," said Carl Robinson, who also recently decided to put the club ahead of country. "This league is the only league that does not recognize international dates."

This is a far bigger statement - this is the core issue as far as I'm concerned.

Carter
06-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Sincerely thanks DeRo;

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/06/08/derosario_gold_cup_tfc/

WOW, i do believe Brennan did this last year....

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2009, 06:19 AM
I understand and sympathize with him and others on the Canada team that know Toronto can do more for the game's exposure but I disagree with him in principle.

He and others said the problem was Mitchell and he's gone. Now show me Canada has the talent promised in the World Cup Qualifiers by winning a weaker Gold Cup.

TorontoBlades
06-09-2009, 06:51 AM
The Republik of TFC

BFin
06-09-2009, 08:58 AM
WOW, i do believe Brennan did this last year....
Ya, but DeRo's was actually playing well enough to be on the team... :p

Pachuco
06-09-2009, 09:22 AM
WOW - awesome stuff from Dero. Now let's hope Serioux does the same and we may not be in horrible shape. I'm kinda hoping Brennan leaves though :)

dupont
06-09-2009, 09:27 AM
oh thank god! Honestly the Gold Cup isnt that important. I would much rather make the playoffs!

Stryker
06-09-2009, 09:54 AM
I absolutely believe DeRo would make a better captain.
Problem is that being a good captain is the one thing Jimmy has done well over the years. Stripping someone of their captaincy when they've done a solid job is tricky business.

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2009, 10:05 AM
oh thank god! Honestly the Gold Cup isnt that important. I would much rather make the playoffs!

Playoffs are every year.

Maple Leaf Red
06-09-2009, 10:17 AM

This is a far bigger statement - this is the core issue as far as I'm concerned.

Bingo. They'd have to have more mid-week games and I remember reading somewhere that the issue lay with most of the rest of the league's inability to sell out midweek games.

At the core, it gets to the integrity of the league. Sure, teams in Europe might have jet-lagged players on the weekend but they generally have full squads to select from.

Maple Leaf Red
06-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I absolutely believe DeRo would make a better captain.
Problem is that being a good captain is the one thing Jimmy has done well over the years. Stripping someone of their captaincy when they've done a solid job is tricky business.
Don't know what you would base that on? Just because he's outspoken about the turf? He can do that as the star player.

He already tries to do way too much by himself on the field so I can't imagine what the extra pressure would do to his game.

Stryker
06-09-2009, 10:22 AM
The star power and winning tendincies (sp?) would allow for DeRo to be critical of his teammates in telling certain players they need to pick up thier play.
Jimmy doesn't have that clout.
Just ask yourself... if someone were to tell you that you needed to step up your game would you be more willing to listen to a winning allstar or someone whos not much better than yourself if at all.

Maple Leaf Red
06-09-2009, 10:24 AM
The star power and winning tendincies (sp?) would allow for DeRo to be critical of his teammates in telling certain players they need to pick up thier play.
Jimmy doesn't have that clout.

It would be nice if he did that right now. Leadership doesn't come just from the captain and DeRo's not showing too much of that from what I can see.

zeelaw
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=196&pictureid=1624
lolz make this a flag please

Inklink
06-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm a little torn on this.

On the one side I want TFC to make the playoffs, so that commitment from DeRo is absolutely appreciated. But at the same time it'd be nice to see Team Canada win something. Or at least be competitive. And DeRo would be a huge addition to the team.

Oh well, I can see the tough choice DeRo had.

BTW, DeGuzman will be playing for Team Canada, no?

Keegan
06-09-2009, 04:23 PM
I love how brennan thinks people care that he declines NT invites. Like he needs to talk to the media and let everyone know that he isn't going..... *crickets* you are 3rd/4th string left back bud.

De Rosario on the other hand will be missed but not too much as Will Johnson or Josh Simpson will fill in nicely for him on the left.

Keegan
06-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm a little torn on this.

On the one side I want TFC to make the playoffs, so that commitment from DeRo is absolutely appreciated. But at the same time it'd be nice to see Team Canada win something. Or at least be competitive. And DeRo would be a huge addition to the team.

Oh well, I can see the tough choice DeRo had.

BTW, DeGuzman will be playing for Team Canada, no?

De Guzman will be there, he has an MVP title to defend! haha

The only players who won't be there are probably the TFC boys (except maybe Nana if he is called), injured guys (Hume, Friend), guys still playing or who had a late season Radzinski, Begovic (girl is having a kid, early EPL preseason), Nsaliwa (eligibility issue)........

At least Canada has depth now though I'd like to see one of the young Caps Gage or Haber called.