PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Fire Supporters Light Up The Night

Lennon
06-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Wow ... how amazing is this? Hopefully we could do this in Toronto one day ...

http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/06/video-friday-night-lights-and-fired-up.html

:flare:

shawn6597
06-08-2009, 06:21 PM
i liked the comment the one guy left about how if this were in toronto, TFC fans would be labelled criminals and hooligans.

When done in chicago however, section 8 receives praise.

whatever, they get my praise - good show

Lennon
06-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Woops ... did I not post this in TFC/MLS News? My bad ..

werewolf
06-08-2009, 06:25 PM
From TV - one announcer says its a no-no, the other one (who probably played, being the colour commentator) said it was beautiful. :lol:

Z5G3pGFVLOo

From the second deck

TJgNvP9JNO8

Bobo
06-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Pretty cool.

We should do more things like we did in Columbus just before our goal. Have that as my wallpaper.

Dirk Diggler
06-08-2009, 06:30 PM
That is an example of a flare show done right. I wouldn't mind being in the middle of that. Its annoying as hell when people try to do it but fail misreably because it just ends up being a nuisance.

rocktml
06-08-2009, 06:32 PM
that is just awesome..............too bad we dont have the balls to do that at BMO.....

BRed
06-08-2009, 07:08 PM
lol...^^ just thinking that. I feel like the supporter groups here are too corporate. Which suck because I like the guys on these boards and their efforts but you can't be that kind of soccer supporter and follow every FO rule by the book.

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 07:11 PM
that is just awesome..............too bad we dont have the balls to do that at BMO.....

I couldn't agree more. Well said.

ilikemusic
06-08-2009, 07:13 PM
People may as well start throwing flares on the pitch.

Who gives a fuck about burning holes in that piece of shit rug?

MLSE are making their money back on this Real Madrid farce anyways.

Might as well make em pay for some repairs.

jabbronies
06-08-2009, 07:15 PM
You guys are jokers.

You noticed how they didn't throw them on the field or on to other supporters?
Did you also see as they were finished with them, they were passed/brought down to security who put them out properly - not thrown on to the pitch.

Gixmo
06-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Columbus was a beautiful thing, amazing to be a part of. That looked downright mean on the telly..

The potential is there at BMO, but not with the current pitch.. as much fun as it would be :(

rocker
06-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Oooh Fire!!!! Me Big Man!!! Me Love Fire!! ;)

geez... everytime I see these things I just don't get the attraction to it.
But if I were 14 again, maybe I would....

jabbronies
06-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Columbus was a beautiful thing, amazing to be a part of. That looked downright mean on the telly..

The potential is there at BMO, but not with the current pitch.. as much fun as it would be :(

??? what does our current pitch have to do with anything? are people that dumb that they have to throw them??

drewski
06-08-2009, 07:30 PM
You guys are jokers.

You noticed how they didn't throw them on the field or on to other supporters?
Did you also see as they were finished with them, they were passed/brought down to security who put them out properly - not thrown on to the pitch.

+1

another thing that migth make it more workable is not to let anyone bring flares. instead, have a number of designated flare "operators", known and trusted members, perhaps centralized in a 3-4 areas

AL-MO
06-08-2009, 07:42 PM
lol...^^ just thinking that. I feel like the supporter groups here are too corporate. Which suck because I like the guys on these boards and their efforts but you can't be that kind of soccer supporter and follow every FO rule by the book.

This coming from the guy who suggested we using police lights in the south end :rolleyes:

AL-MO
06-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Respect to Chicago for pulling that off. :flare:

I wonder how many flare burns they have in their shirts after that! :p

Pachuco
06-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Man that looks awesome. Too bad we'll never get that at BMO. Oh wait, maybe MLSE will bring in fireworks and flares for the Real Madrid game.

jazzy
06-08-2009, 08:00 PM

sanity....I'm gettin worried everyone is 12 years old and is afraid a soccer game may might break out, and you'd miss it

jabbronies
06-08-2009, 08:03 PM
+1

another thing that migth make it more workable is not to let anyone bring flares. instead, have a number of designated flare "operators", known and trusted members, perhaps centralized in a 3-4 areas

If you watch the fan video in this thread, you'll see that it was designated people holding the flares. Once they burned out or came close to the end, they walked the flares down to secuirty who had buckets waiting for them.

Shway
06-08-2009, 08:08 PM

+1

this can be away of protest
do something were not suppsoe to do ????????????//

or montreal lol

drewski
06-08-2009, 08:08 PM
If you watch the fan video in this thread, you'll see that it was designated people holding the flares. Once they burned out or came close to the end, they walked the flares down to secuirty who had buckets waiting for them.

thats what I thought, but wasn't sure if that was organized or just happened

Detroit_TFC
06-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Wow ... how amazing is this? Hopefully we could do this in Toronto one day ...

http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/06/video-friday-night-lights-and-fired-up.html

:flare:

I was at that game on Friday (in Chicago for the US MNT v Honduras on Sat). Me and my buds were sitting next to the supporters section. At about the 60th minute, 4 or 5 smoke bombs were lit and also three or four flare, then some more. It was spectacular.

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Man that looks awesome. Too bad we'll never get that at BMO. Oh wait, maybe MLSE will bring in fireworks and flares for the Real Madrid game.

You know, I wouldn't put it past 'em.

FluSH
06-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw one guy in the video getting kicked out for throwing a streamer!

FluSH
06-08-2009, 08:36 PM
This coming from the guy who suggested we using police lights in the south end :rolleyes:

The man was only trying to help given the RULES we've been GIVEN....

flatpicker
06-08-2009, 08:44 PM

I can just imagine...
We light flares at BMO, use them properly and carefully, walk them down to security for safe disposal, then security arrests each of those people.

Big Big Props to those supporters.
It's a great looking spectacle!

Cambridge_Red
06-08-2009, 08:47 PM
This would be sick at BMO. Nice work to S8

grizzle
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
I would love to see something similar in Toronto... nice job Chicago!

BRed
06-08-2009, 10:18 PM

Well I realized that it was near impossible to get a unified decision from RPB to use flares so I had to think outside the box and come up with something that satisfies RPB and still looks spectacular. I understand RPB has to follow rules set by FO or else their priveladges get reduced (atleast that's what I am guessing will happen..you guys know better). And because how strictly RPB follows these rules is what makes me feel like this is more of a coroporate version of a support group. I know that you guys ARE true supporters and just can't wait to break off the "chains" of MLSE and use smoke bombs and flares (as seen in Colombus) ..BUT because of these "chains" RPB comes across more of a corporate support group.

PS: I am still awaiting to hear from you guys in regards to using smoke bomb along with the red sirens...without smoke bombs it will look pathetic and hence no go. I have 2 sample sirens and they look great.

Gixmo
06-08-2009, 10:37 PM
??? what does our current pitch have to do with anything? are people that dumb that they have to throw them??

I was posting in reference to ilikemusic (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/member.php?u=383) in burning the pitch. If it was to happen and say perhaps a flare hits the pitch, the cost is substantially more. It was a tongue in cheek reference to 'burnin that piece of shit rug'

I'm all for it, believe me like I said Columbus was great to be involved in, it was incredible.

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Well I realized that it was near impossible to get a unified decision from RPB to use flares so I had to think outside the box and come up with something that satisfies RPB and still looks spectacular. I understand RPB has to follow rules set by FO or else their priveladges get reduced (atleast that's what I am guessing will happen..you guys know better). And because how strictly RPB follows these rules is what makes me feel like this is more of a coroporate version of a support group. I know that you guys ARE true supporters and just can't wait to break off the "chains" of MLSE and use smoke bombs and flares (as seen in Colombus) ..BUT because of these "chains" RPB comes across more of a corporate support group.

I didn't realise there were other SG using flares in the stadium.

Rejecting flares isn't a group decision, it's an unavoidable necessity. If we all agreed to flout the rules and start a flareshow in the south end, the fire dept would shut us down, many would get banned, the ministry of health and safety would fuck BMO field, there would be government directives protecting BMO field employees from safety hazards, and there would be no more 'supporter section'

That's less likely to happen down south, but here, you can't smoke ten feet from the door of a pub without breaking the workplace health and safety laws.

AL-MO
06-08-2009, 11:13 PM

PS: I am still awaiting to hear from you guys in regards to using smoke bomb along with the red sirens...without smoke bombs it will look pathetic and hence no go. I have 2 sample sirens and they look great.

As Tony Soprano said...."You don't shit where you eat".

That 'decision' is out of our hands.

See Exiled's post above me as to why its not going to happen. Even our friends in the North realize this, and there are more into that stuff than we are.

Cashcleaner
06-09-2009, 01:43 AM
Oh yeah, let's go with emergency lights and sirens.

Because that idea certainly wouldn't make us look corporate.

I mean, it's not like almost every supermarket or speciality store down in the US uses them at every chance to promote some shitty product or anything.

Because it's not like the term BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL has anything to do with a flashing light or anything.

No, I totally agree that flashing emergency light would certainly give us the authentic look we need to create at BMO Field. Anything else would be...well...corporate.

BRed
06-09-2009, 09:52 AM

See Exiled's post above me as to why its not going to happen. Even our friends in the North realize this, and there are more into that stuff than we are.

This is what I was saying...it's not the RPB members that don't want to do these things but the FO and all of these over the top regulations from the city.

No, I totally agree that flashing emergency light would certainly give us the authentic look we need to create at BMO Field. Anything else would be...well...corporate.

You obviously did not get the point.

zeelaw
06-09-2009, 09:55 AM
well done chicago looks awesome

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-09-2009, 09:58 AM
wow, thats awesome, good on 'em

Maple Leaf Red
06-09-2009, 10:06 AM

No, it's not a matter of privileges being reduced but of people having their season tickets revoked, facing criminal prosecution, and banning from BMO.

TFC~Vatreni
06-09-2009, 10:08 AM
This just in: ML$E will be providing patrons to the Real Madrid friendly with commemorative "loyalty flares", the cost is only $30 or $27 for SSH.

Boudge
06-09-2009, 10:10 AM
We do have a night game coming up this weekend don't we????

BleedRed
06-09-2009, 10:23 AM

You're right. If something goes wrong, it's hard to make a speedy getaway with a walker.

Cashcleaner
06-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Cashcleaner http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=562966#post562966)

You obviously did not get the point.

Relax, I'm just busting your balls for a really bad idea.

NateDoGG
06-09-2009, 11:07 PM
i dunno about u guys but i think thats beautiful, and u all should do it. whats the worst that could happens? the flare dies out and thats it.

the light idea would make u guys look lame IMHO....

flares have always been used in soccer games, all over the world, in all leagues, i dont see what the bad idea is with using them

Lennon
06-09-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm all for it ... we need to show the suits that we can use flares safely without throwing them on the field ...

I find it hard to believe that they will kick out a whole section if we put on our show and then put the flares out like section 8 did ...

NateDoGG
06-09-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm all for it ... we need to show the suits that we can use flares safely without throwing them on the field ...

I find it hard to believe that they will kick out a whole section if we put on our show and then put the flares out like section 8 did ...

theres no way they would kick anyone out for it, if half a dozen ppl do it, enough smoke will be around for nobody to even get spotted out lol
just dont ever throw one on the pitch....

jabbronies
06-10-2009, 09:28 AM

The way to do that is to approach the FO and work out a plan to do this. That would include having designated flare people who are the only ones that will have them. Then a plan to put them out afterwards.

shawn6597
06-10-2009, 09:59 AM
The way to do that is to approach the FO and work out a plan to do this. That would include having designated flare people who are the only ones that will have them. Then a plan to put them out afterwards.

i would think that this would have a 'monkey see, monkey do" effect

some south end tourist thinking, hey these guys have flares, why cant I? (not knowing that they are designated flare men).

i dunno, i'd love to see it though

Hard Hat
06-10-2009, 09:59 AM
I would luv to see the faces of the security if this was to happen pure pandamonium, plus with there vinly yellow jackets they would be advised not to come within 20 feet of those flares or else we will have yellow coloured flares as well.

TFC John
06-10-2009, 11:25 AM
i dunno about u guys but i think thats beautiful, and u all should do it. whats the worst that could happens? the flare dies out and thats it.

the light idea would make u guys look lame IMHO....

flares have always been used in soccer games, all over the world, in all leagues, i dont see what the bad idea is with using them

I think you underestimate what the worst could actually be. The worst includes fire, death, arrests, lawsuits and the ruining of people's lives. Perhaps you have heard the warning - Don't play with fire.

Handheld flares in a crowded space is a stupid and irresponsible idea. I wish people here would give up on this kind of talk. It will always be illegal in the City of Toronto.

Hard Hat
06-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Mabey we should ask this guy what he thinks.......

http://flyingfishcharter.com/images/FIRE_MARSHALL_BILL.jpg

NateDoGG
06-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I think you underestimate what the worst could actually be. The worst includes fire, death, arrests, lawsuits and the ruining of people's lives. Perhaps you have heard the warning - Don't play with fire.

Handheld flares in a crowded space is a stupid and irresponsible idea. I wish people here would give up on this kind of talk. It will always be illegal in the City of Toronto.

out of all the flares ive seen in football, never once have i seen a fire or death caused by any of it.

Shway
06-10-2009, 12:42 PM
^^^+1

just fabrications
laast time i checked they would put something thats hazardous in a safety kit

BleedRed
06-10-2009, 12:48 PM

This is TRUE! I have heard of flares blowing up whole entire stadiums!! Back in 82, I believe a whole city was burned to the ground due to a flare...it is more then dangerous, it is Armageddon! unleashing flares upon BMO will only mean one thing...the destruction of our beautiful stadium and perhaps even CITY! maybe even COUNTRY!...hard to tell depending how many flares we're talking about...if it goes into double digit flares, I'm buying the first plane ticket out of this soon to be in flames country...GOD SAVE US ALL!

KRO
06-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Message to TFC John
Your post was the voice of sanity but it's a waste of time trying to debate this issue. There are a group of pyromaniacs here that seem to bring this issue up on a weekly basis. The last time we had flares at BMO field someone was injured and a couple of stupid kids were arrested.
I promised myself to ignore this subject but here I go again.

AL-MO
06-10-2009, 01:10 PM
For those that don't know TFC John is a firefighter....so he has a different perspective on things.

Good on S8 for doing that last week, but we are never going to be able to do them without being jumped by cops and security.

Lets work on something we can use a bit more responsibly....SMOKE BOMBS! :p

ExiledRed
06-10-2009, 01:13 PM
This is TRUE! I have heard of flares blowing up whole entire stadiums!! Back in 82, I believe a whole city was burned to the ground due to a flare...it is more then dangerous, it is Armageddon! unleashing flares upon BMO will only mean one thing...the destruction of our beautiful stadium and perhaps even CITY! maybe even COUNTRY!...hard to tell depending how many flares we're talking about...if it goes into double digit flares, I'm buying the first plane ticket out of this soon to be in flames country...GOD SAVE US ALL!

Mate, it doesn't matter whether they're safe or not.

If you want to debate with the Fire dept, and the ministry of health and safety why we can't have flares, then write them a fuckin' letter. good luck.

Don't come on here bitching at supporters because they're not prepared to face charges for breaking provincial and municipal laws.

Technorgasm
06-10-2009, 01:49 PM
I like how they dedicate their flare show to DANNY DICHIO as well.

that was nice.

Captain Croatia
06-10-2009, 02:29 PM
^ LOL so true.

But i wish this could happen at BMO + Smoke Bombs + Whole South Side co-ordinated...

Maybe one day..

BleedRed
06-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Mate, it doesn't matter whether they're safe or not.

If you want to debate with the Fire dept, and the ministry of health and safety why we can't have flares, then write them a fuckin' letter. good luck.

Don't come on here bitching at supporters because they're not prepared to face charges for breaking provincial and municipal laws.

Did you even read my post?

Did you know eating too much dairy can kill you? So can flares! So can bacteria that someone may be allergic to anywhere in the world!!! So can the stands if they collapse at BMO!

ExiledRed
06-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Did you even read my post?

Did you know eating too much dairy can kill you? So can flares! So can bacteria that someone may be allergic to anywhere in the world!!! So can the stands if they collapse at BMO!

Did you read mine?

It began stating the irrelevance of how safe or unsafe they are.

I didn't write provincial law, I didn't chip in on the health and safety rulings, and I don't necessarily agree with all of them either, so your sarcasm is wasted.

Hard Hat
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I take offence that BMO will collapse Im in construction and I respect all the unions and trades for the hard work they do and passion they have building these great forums we have to enjoy........actually I really dont support unions

C.Ronaldo
06-10-2009, 03:26 PM
^ i was at pcl when they built it

it really was built for the cheapest possible price.......so i wouldnt trust the tin can they built too much.

take a ride on the handicap elevator......its the cheapest slowest piece of junk ever

NateDoGG
06-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I like how they dedicate their flare show to DANNY DICHIO as well.

that was nice.

really?

NateDoGG
06-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Message to TFC John
Your post was the voice of sanity but it's a waste of time trying to debate this issue. There are a group of pyromaniacs here that seem to bring this issue up on a weekly basis. The last time we had flares at BMO field someone was injured and a couple of stupid kids were arrested.
I promised myself to ignore this subject but here I go again.

that was prob years ago and it was just one person, if the right ppl have them and just hold onto them and let them burn out with everyone else, what could go wrong?

Captain Croatia
06-10-2009, 10:08 PM
that was prob years ago and it was just one person, if the right ppl have them and just hold onto them and let them burn out with everyone else, what could go wrong?

Watch out where you go with the issue on flares.

Some people here are paranoid of these types of things and will bring up freak accidents and make it seem that it WILL happen anytime anything is lit.

Someone brought it up earlier, what would happen if the turf was toasted by flares?:p Grass would be the only option if they don't want the field to go up in flames!;):flare:(Possible flaming coming in 3, 2, 1...)

FluSH
06-10-2009, 10:34 PM

Biggie Smalls (10 years earlier) 10 crack commandments:

never sell no crack where you rest at, I don't care if they want a ounce, tell em bounce

ExiledRed
06-10-2009, 10:35 PM
what could go wrong?

I don't know.

The authorities don't want to find out either. so they've made it illegal, until it can be proven that theyre perfectly safe to wave around in a crowd. That's part of the package of living in Canada, you deal with over cautious government agencies, and some fucked up legislations, like when and where you can buy beer, what you have to wear in construction areas, how much alcohol you can sell someone at a bar and so on.

Like I said, write them a letter and ask them what could go wrong, maybe try to persuade them to your way of thinking, cause it's out of our hands.

You might as well try to get the supporters to agree on bringing in their own beers. It's not going to change the reality that we're not allowed to.

ExiledRed
06-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Watch out where you go with the issue on flares.

Some people here are paranoid of these types of things and will bring up freak accidents and make it seem that it WILL happen anytime anything is lit.

Someone brought it up earlier, what would happen if the turf was toasted by flares?:p Grass would be the only option if they don't want the field to go up in flames!;):flare:(Possible flaming coming in 3, 2, 1...)

Again mate, this is Canada, not Croatia. The government has less to worry about so they spend their time drafting up all kinds of legislations that make it practically impossible to fart in a public place without getting a ticket.

Whether people want them or not, whether they're safe or not, that is the unassailable reality that you have to face up to.

Captain Croatia
06-10-2009, 11:40 PM
I know this is Canada, i never mentioned Croatia in my post ;)

Does anyone know/Has anyone found out what Chicago's policy on flares is?

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 08:26 AM
this is the debate that never ends.

well actually it's at a bit of a deadlock.... because lighting up a flare would mean losing your seasons tickets, so I don't think anyone is going to risk that. As cool as they look when done right, it's just not going to be happening at BMO anytime soon.

BBBulldog
06-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Since you mentioned it, flares are far more illegal in Croatia and punishments associated with them are far dumber :p

And our government should be better served fixing the country as it's falling apart around them than spending time making anti-ultras laws :D