LOL !

$125 - $195 for your LOYALITY!

$140- $215 for the REST!

I hope this is a FLOP!

flatpicker
06-08-2009, 02:45 PM
crap! $150 for my 111 seats???!!!

I guess the predictions were correct!

Not sure I will be able to make this game now!

Cas87
06-08-2009, 02:46 PM
" Seat Holders in these sections will be permitted to stand persistently throughout matches, as well as use pre-approved flags, banners and drums. For those who would like to sit in these sections, it's important to understand that their view may be obstructed during the match. "

Nice to see at least they are warning casuals now

Wagner
06-08-2009, 02:46 PM
ouch.

$125 x 2 + service/tax...
about $270ish...
which is what i pay for an entire season for one seat.

nice "loyalty" pricing.

I smell Bills in Toronto Fiasco all over again...
who wants to spend $300-$500 for 2 tix + parking for a meaningless friendly.

Front office folks: PLEASE scrap all friendlies moving forward...why play meaningless games in the middle of our regular season.

The Pope
06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
crap! $150 for my 111 seats???!!!

You should be thankful...they're giving you $15 off for being "loyal" :rolleyes:

Maple Leaf Red
06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Of course. so what's the loyalty discount worth? 15%?

Sab0tage
06-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Forget that. Greedy assholes.

nobodybeatsthewiz
gabe ;)

Nodoubtguy
ouch.

$125 x 2 + service/tax...
about $270ish...
which is what i pay for an entire season for one seat.

it say tax is included

nancymiranda
06-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Hey did you guys get an email? I was told I'd get an email sent to me... and nada!!!!
Nothing in my junk mail and I called BMO to confirm my email was correct. Just wondering....

Hooligan69
I'm not the least bit surprised by these numbers.

fetajr
please FLOP

flatpicker
06-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Front office folks: PLEASE scrap all friendlies moving forward...why play meaningless games in the middle of our regular season.

indeed... I see no more need for these games.
I would see no problem if MLSE decided to bring in friendly games that did not include TFC.
That way we could still go watch some top ranked clubs and not worry about TFC players wasting their energy on meaningless matches.

You should be thankful...they're giving you $15 off for being "loyal" :rolleyes:

I feel honoured that MLSE holds my devotion in such high regard!

TFC~Vatreni
06-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry but this is far too much... criminal.

MrHawk
06-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Steps to attending Real Madrid game

1) Remove pants
2) Bend over
3) Bite on something hard
4) Prepare for entry
5) Cry

billyfly
06-08-2009, 02:52 PM
^LOL.

Remember everyone, we are not the intended fans. This is for casuals with money that wanna see RM.

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 02:52 PM
So if people buy tickets for this Real Madrid friendly, do they get some KY to go along with it?

BC101
06-08-2009, 02:53 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOLLLLLLLLL oh man.

fetajr
06-08-2009, 02:55 PM
these prices only prove what MLSE thinks of us fans, that we're retarded and will pay anything to see nothing.

MFG1
no EFFFing way! to watch TFC 10-0 to their reserve side

fetajr
So if people buy tickets for this Real Madrid friendly, do they get some KY to go along with it?

what is KY?

BC101
06-08-2009, 02:56 PM
what is KY?
Jelly often used for anal sex LOL Lube as it were.

TFC~Vatreni
what is KY?

A fierce competitor of Vaseline.

flatpicker
http://www.alpinemedicalusa.com/images/kyjelly.jpg

they should hand some out at the gate.

MrHawk
06-08-2009, 02:57 PM

They gotta make that money for that grass. A bottle of KY is $4 (give or take). That's about 80k.

Besides, MLSe has been raping it's fan base for years now. Are you guys HONESTLY shocked at all? Think of how much it is to see a Leaf/Raptors game, or even a pre-season game.

Jeffro
06-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Any word if we have first right of refusal on our own seats or if we just get access to a presale free-for-all?

Nodoubtguy
06-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Any word if we have first right of refusal on our own seats or if we just get access to a presale free-for-all?

its our seats. I called my rep about something and asked him that

Hooligan69
They gotta make that money for that grass. A bottle of KY is $4 (give or take). That's about 80k.

Besides, MLSe has been raping it's fan base for years now. Are you guys HONESTLY shocked at all? Think of how much it is to see a Leaf/Raptors game, or even a pre-season game.

I'm not even remotely shocked or surprised. In fact, I was expecting this.

pchap
I gotta say this once and once only...... Everyone in the south end is getting a terribly good deal on their season tickets, as compared to some of the other seats out there that are NOT supporters sections.. Let me tell you about my experience to keep you guys in check...

Went to one game in '07... Loved it. Had to get season tickets for the '08 season. Ended up being on a waiting list, and only having the option of getting the 'all season (read all shit) sports pack' with 7 TFC and 7 Marlies tix. My marlies' tix were platinum (for what that's worth) and my tfc tix were second to last row in 222. Not the best seats at all.. but I ended up getting on the gold waiting list for the '09 year. When the time came for my phone call, all that was left was the same all season bullshit again, and NW Field seats for $2000 EACH!!!! Let me tell you, I love my seats... first row right in front of 226 or so, but I'm not allowed to stand up during the game and we're lucky if we get beer service once every outing... For the money that I've paid, I'm quite disappointed BUT... the light at the end of the tunnel is that I'm platinum waiting list for next year, so hopefully I'll be able to renew in better (read SUPPORTERS) seats for next year...

So.. With that background said..... You guys are getting a great deal on awesome seats in the best sections of the best sports experience in Toronto, if not all of Canada... and you're complaining because you've got to shell out less than average dollars to see one of the world's top franchises ever play your TFC loyals. Either don't go, or go, but appreciate that you've had it way too good sitting in the good (cheap) seats for far too long, and the reality is that there's a line up all the way to MLSE's new Maple Leaf square for people that want to sit in the south end. There, I've said it.

lintberg

I spoke with my ticket rep earlier today and we will get first refusal for our own seats.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-08-2009, 02:59 PM

they can do what ever they want at this point....noway in hell am i forking out $375 for my 3 tickets!

elvis
06-08-2009, 03:00 PM
You still buying seats Flush?

Super
A little out of my price range. That's okay - I'll watch the game at home.

__wowza
why do i see the ghost of football present rearing his ugly head?
anyone else predict laaaaarge price increases during the regular season should this go off well? im not saying the $10 - $20 that everyones said is coming next season.. im talking larger.

TFC~Vatreni
06-08-2009, 03:01 PM
I gotta say this once and once only...... Everyone in the south end is getting a terribly good deal on their season tickets, as compared to some of the other seats out there that are NOT supporters sections.. Let me tell you about my experience to keep you guys in check...

Went to one game in '07... Loved it. Had to get season tickets for the '08 season. Ended up being on a waiting list, and only having the option of getting the 'all season (read all shit) sports pack' with 7 TFC and 7 Marlies tix. My marlies' tix were platinum (for what that's worth) and my tfc tix were second to last row in 222. Not the best seats at all.. but I ended up getting on the gold waiting list for the '09 year. When the time came for my phone call, all that was left was the same all season bullshit again, and NW Field seats for $2000 EACH!!!! Let me tell you, I love my seats... first row right in front of 226 or so, but I'm not allowed to stand up during the game and we're lucky if we get beer service once every outing... For the money that I've paid, I'm quite disappointed BUT... the light at the end of the tunnel is that I'm platinum waiting list for next year, so hopefully I'll be able to renew in better (read SUPPORTERS) seats for next year...

So.. With that background said..... You guys are getting a great deal on awesome seats in the best sections of the best sports experience in Toronto, if not all of Canada... and you're complaining because you've got to shell out less than average dollars to see one of the world's top franchises ever play your TFC loyals. Either don't go, or go, but appreciate that you've had it way too good sitting in the good (cheap) seats for far too long, and the reality is that there's a line up all the way to MLSE's new Maple Leaf square for people that want to sit in the south end. There, I've said it.

You've got a whole whirlwind of shit about to be thrown at you my friend, best of luck!

Jeffro
06-08-2009, 03:01 PM
its our seats. I called my rep about something and asked him that

Thanks Sal

MrHawk
06-08-2009, 03:02 PM

What are you smoking?

Pass me some please.

Oblio2
Good luck getting my tickets to go for $150
methinks there will be a LOT of empty seats.

Sab0tage

So.. With that background said..... You guys are getting a great deal on awesome seats in the best sections of the best sports experience in Toronto, if not all of Canada... and you're complaining because you've got to shell out less than average dollars to see one of the world's top franchises ever play your TFC loyals. Either don't go, or go, but appreciate that you've had it way too good sitting in the good (cheap) seats for far too long, and the reality is that there's a line up all the way to MLSE's new Maple Leaf square for people that want to sit in the south end. There, I've said it. So people in the south end are to blame because they took interest in the club before you and snagged the cheap seats? :rolleyes:

rocker
since i dislike friendlies, particularly in-season, these prices mean nothing to me. I didn't intend to go in the first place. No disappointment there. Probably gonna hand off the River Plate tickets to my brother too. I was so bored at Independiente last year... so bored I didn't even notice Vitti.

heck, I think friendlies are actually worth less than league games, which actually matter.

Kickit09
06-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Those prices are insulting. :hand: MLSE can fuck off. :dita:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=199&pictureid=1338

Yohan
wow. can MLSE even find 20000 putos fans willing to shell out that sort of money?

Azzurri86
Anyone else concerned with the difference of pricing increases... The Club seats for this game are $19 more than the game against River... whereas my seats in 111 are $100 more than the river game... Why is there such a difference in the 2 seats for River but not Madrid.. doesn't make sense in my opinion...

flatpicker
http://buelahman.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/saupload_screwed.jpg?w=396&h=410 (http://buelahman.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/saupload_screwed.jpg)

pchap
06-08-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm just saying... I hear so much whining on this board about these tix, but at the end of the day, it's a premium game, and if these guys really look at what they're paying for supporters tix over the year, it's a good deal. Let the shit storm begin I suppose.

GabrielHurl
So supporters getting screwed and the club seats get minimal increase ..........

el oh el

The_Brace
Yup. Cool. But not sure if I am going to this.

boban
06-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Based on these prices .. and in all sections, what would be an average price for a ticket?
Keep in mind some price sections have more seats than others. Does someone know this at the 'Loyalty Price' level?

NateDoGG
06-08-2009, 03:05 PM
holy fuck thats a joke. so ya. Not goin to this game
ZIZOU and friends will be ten times the match (stars) madrid is goin to field a reserve squad at best for this...

pubboy
06-08-2009, 03:06 PM

Yeah - not sure what you are smoking, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and not bother responding in detail. :yikes:

billyfly
Those prices are insulting. MLSE can fuck off.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=199&pictureid=1338

You use this pic every week. lol....:p

rocker
i'm sure it'll sell out... cuz there are people willing to pay for "spectacle" games.

Look at rock concerts. The prices are massive for floor seats now for the big acts, but people pay it. They pay it cuz it's the one time in years that artist will show up in their town.

GabrielHurl
06-08-2009, 03:07 PM
A nice healthy profit on this game for ML$E

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Anyone else concerned with the difference of pricing increases... The Club seats for this game are $19 more than the game against River... whereas my seats in 111 are $100 more than the river game... Why is there such a difference in the 2 seats for River but not Madrid.. doesn't make sense in my opinion...

Looks like the supporters seats are getting hit the MOST..

Kickit09
06-08-2009, 03:08 PM
cant wait to see what playoff tickets look like.

NateDoGG
btw we have turf, does anyone think for a second that madrid will put any of their stars on that pitch?
this is goin to be a joke. reserve side at best like i said.

GabrielHurl
gabe ;)

I don't often like to say "I told you so" :o

Chapman
06-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Hard to say like someone said earlier this could turn out to be a bills fiasco where all the tickets are only sold with the buyer hoping to scalp and make a profit.

TFC FORZA RPB
http://www.alpinemedicalusa.com/images/kyjelly.jpg

they should hand some out at the gate.

They will be handing them out at the gates for a small one time charge of $49.99 or three easy payments

Kickit09
You use this pic every week. lol....:p

only when MLSE give me an opportunity, and well...

Chevy
http://explorepahistory.com/images/ExplorePAHistory-a0h6a8-a_349.jpg

craz11
$150 a seat.

For a friendly.

That's ludicrous!

A friendly.

Friendly = meaningless match

$150

$15 "loyalty" discount.

Ludicrous.

For a friendly?

Real Madrid's reserves vs. Toronto FC reserves. $150???

Ludicrous.

We can't even beat a USL side for the Canadian Championship. How are we going to fare against Real Madrid's 2nd stringers?

I hope BMO Field is empty for this match. Maybe MLSE will learn something about alienating their fanbase.

Keyman
So supporters getting screwed and the club seats get minimal increase ..........

el oh el

Very good point.

JonO
06-08-2009, 03:10 PM

el oh el
Not sure about that one...
For "loyalty" price -
Supporters section = $125 - $23 (for a regular game) = $102
Club seats = $195 - $88 = $107

Looks like everyone is getting screwed pretty much the same...

You can say what you want about the "International Friendly" face value tickets - but everyone knows that's a sham...

GabrielHurl
06-08-2009, 03:11 PM

Playoffs????

http://msp73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/aykis16/playoffs.jpg

Azzurri86
For "loyalty" price -

If you look at the International Friendly comparison it is true... The increase is much more substantial

Ladies Love Julius James
If anyone is planning on going and wants to save $7 let me know LOL I could make it happen.

As for these prices, the writing was on the wall. There's a reason this game wasnt included in a season ticket holders package

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-08-2009, 03:12 PM
so when do they go on sale?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
For "loyalty" price -

You can say what you want about the "International Friendly" face value tickets - but everyone knows that's a sham...

i think he was basing his CLUB seat prices for the RIVER GAME not reg season price!

boban
btw we have turf, does anyone think for a second that madrid will put any of their stars on that pitch?
Thanks for showing up.
Do you read the papers lately?
There is a grass pitch being brought in for this game.
Also, Kaka and friends will be here.

MrHawk
The thing is people, we are NOT going to see a top flight team. We're going to see a Top-Flight club's B to C squad.

GabrielHurl
06-08-2009, 03:13 PM
For "loyalty" price -

Club seats face value for the international friendly are $176

pubboy
I cant stop smiling - this is fucking hilarious !
(and there will be my four seats available to whoever wants to pay to see two reserve sides have a kick about)

Pookie
Better to drive to DC to see them:

You can get midfield tickets to 4 games (Real Madrid, Seattle, LA and San Jose) for $146 each.

https://secure.dcunited.com/international-4pack

JonO
If you look at the International Friendly comparison it is true... The increase is much more substantial
I have already edited my previous post - those ticket prices are a farce. Or you can look at it as the club ticket holders are getting screwed for international friendly much more than supporters section.

C.Ronaldo
1) you guys are crazy if you think KY is slick enough to take these prices

2) If somone pays for this, they deserves a big retard stamp on their foreheads unless they can unscrew the seat and take it home

Waggy

1) Remove pants
2) Bend over
4) Prepare for entry
5) Cry

Quote of the millenium, RIGHT there. I just BURST out laughing at work. I'm still giggling. Well at least I know how to stop, I'll just look at that PDF again! Thanks MLSE! Way to reach your target audience. No, really. I know SOOOO many non TFC fans who were really excited for this game, when I warned them it'd be at least $100 (I was giving some benefit of the doubt), they cooled to the idea. When I tell them this? Ima get laughed at. If I even bother to tell them. Now, not only am I not going to the game (I wish I had that kind of extra cash), I'm not even gonna watch it. Fuck em. They don't deserve the ratings.

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 03:14 PM
So people in the south end are to blame because they took interest in the club before you and snagged the cheap seats? :rolleyes:

not always the case. I don't sit in the south end, and I was one of the first 10 on the deposit list.

a lot of people took the south end because it was cheap, not because it was their choice to be in a supporters section.

side note: I paid $150 to see Liverpool V. Porto at the Dome, from really good seats. I think the pricing is comparable here, but obviously it's 2 huge teams instead of one.

Batman
no sales. thanks very much.

Stencils
If anyone wants to buy my seat near the front of 223 for this game, let me know. I'm certainly not paying that price.

flatpicker

thank God the playoff tickets are already included in my season tickets!

boban
06-08-2009, 03:15 PM
The thing is people, we are NOT going to see a top flight team. We're going to see a Top-Flight club's B to C squad.
Based on what?
It's disaster for the team to not bring the best team over form a PR perspective.
I am not saying the stars will play all game, but at least 45 minutes.

__wowza

reserves all the way!!

Parkdale

in the contract, 7 of their starters must play (not for the full 90 though).

traveling teams do have a contractual obligations.

phonzo
06-08-2009, 03:16 PM
lol 150 for 104...ya......lol

Kickit09
DCU vs Real Madrid tickets

For United and Redskins plan holders, tickets are $50 for a seat on the end line, $60 on the sideline and $70 for midfield view seats. Club seats will cost $80 to $100 depending on location.
Lower-bowl seats for the general public will be priced between $60 and $90.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/29/real-madrid-to-meet-united-at-fedex-field/ (http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/29/real-madrid-to-meet-united-at-fedex-field/)

Ladies Love Julius James
Based on what?
It's disaster for the team to not bring the best team over form a PR perspective.
I am not saying the stars will play all game, but at least 45 minutes.

Agreed. They're charging these prices I can assure you measures were taken to field an A-B team in and around 65mins for most starters I'll assume.

Nodoubtguy
not always the case. I don't sit in the south end, and I was one of the first 10 on the deposit list.

a lot of people took the south end because it was cheap, not because it was their choice to be in a supporters section.

side note: I paid $150 to see Liverpool V. Porto at the Dome, from really good seats. I think the pricing is comparable here, but obviously it's 2 huge teams instead of one.

I'm not gonna even tell you how much I just paid to see Arsenal/Chelsea.....and I sat last row in the stadium!!!

GabrielHurl
06-08-2009, 03:17 PM
where is this "contract"?

flatpicker

that's just it...
I would have no complaints if MLSE was hosting two international clubs facing each other in a friendly.

Toronto should not be in these friendly games.
They should be concentrating on ones that matter only!

fetajr

they wont be so retarded like the RM prices. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, the Leafs were in the playoffs and the ticket increase was usually by $10 or so...i only managed to get the standing room tickets at $50, when they're usually $40

boban
I'm having a hard time seeing how people wishing to sell these tickets will make a buck off them.
1 pair is about $300 for behind the net. Good luck in finding people for that. I could be wrong though.

MrHawk
in the contract, 7 of their starters must play (not for the full 90 though).

traveling teams do have a contractual obligations.

Where is this contract or proof of it (Not that I am doubting you)

DOMIN8R
I will be one of the first to take the heat here and say....

I'm going.

giambac
06-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I LOVE IT.

I mean I'm upset about the game and I'm upset about the prices.

BUT I HOBNESTLY LOVE WHAT TFC and MLSE is doing. All along I have been saying they don't give a shits ass about the fans.

they didn't get us a DP player
They didn't get us grass
they screw us with this game, changing the dates for a regular season game with little notice, and charging OUTRAGEOS prices.
they put a lousy product on the field that can't even beat USL teams.

Finally everyone is starting to realize that they have been screwing us

NateDoGG
Thanks for showing up.
Do you read the papers lately?
There is a grass pitch being brought in for this game.
Also, Kaka and friends will be here.

i bet mlse released the prices today becuz they think kaka madrid deal will be annouced, ill laugh if it doesnt even happen
and mlse will bring in a grass pitch for this? but not for the entire season, just for a fucking friendly?

Nodoubtguy
I think I'm going......might even try to get a few extras for some friends who are huge Real fans

MrHawk
06-08-2009, 03:19 PM
And I highly doubt that Kaka's first Real Madrid game is going to be against TFC.

Damien
06-08-2009, 03:19 PM
They should just go ahead and charge
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/maasx003/Vikings/images/drevil.jpg

BC101
06-08-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm not gonna even tell you how much I just paid to see Arsenal/Chelsea.....and I sat last row in the stadium!!!
LOL Wuh di ass are you talking about comparing a Premiership Derby match between 2 of the big 4 to a shitty friendly which means nothing LOL. WUH DI ASS dude? smarten up LOL.

UltraFootyKWC

1) Remove pants
2) Bend over
4) Prepare for entry
5) Cry

Sad, but true. I for one will not be taking the proverbial ass pounding for this meaningless game. Fuck 'em! The suits can have my seats.

Detroit_TFC
The VIP package for Chelsea v Club America in Dallas 7/26 is $125, and includes the practice session 7/25.

Then again, there will be 60,000 people at that match.

Ladies Love Julius James
And I highly doubt that Kaka's first Real Madrid game is going to be against TFC.

Maybe not Kaka but most of their starters will play at least a portion of the game. Wouldn't be suprised if Kaka played either.

Parkdale

break him in slowly?

MrHawk
hahahahaha Premiership vs MLS.

Classic comparison.

Nodoubtguy
LOL Wuh di ass are you talking about comparing a Premiership Derby match between 2 of the big 4 to a shitty friendly which means nothing LOL. WUH DI ASS dude? smarten up LOL.

lol....I'm not comparing, just saying that people will pay.

shaggingscot
06-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Agreed. They're charging these prices I can assure you measures were taken to field an A-B team in and around 65mins for most starters I'll assume.

I'd be surprised if they'd have to play them for more than 45 minutes

MrHawk
break him in slowly?

Nah, no way Real is going to risk possible injury to their star player.

Any update on that contract yet?

SuperTCP
Better to drive to DC to see them:

You can get midfield tickets to 4 games (Real Madrid, Seattle, LA and San Jose) for $146 each.

I agree, but we should plan a Road Trip to DC, the cost of the ticket+transportation+hotel, and maybe even the beers will be cheaper then to watch Real in Toronto.

BC101
I dunno where you were sitting at that price... On the player bench maybe cos I paid 60$ something per ticket and i was in the porto supporters end behind the net.

GabrielHurl
the best part of the email

In three short years, Toronto FC has brought new meaning to fan support and venue atmosphere.

No you douches. Toronto FC supporters have done that

DOMIN8R
Some of you should fly to Europe and go see how expensive some games can be. Oh wait........

MrHawk
06-08-2009, 03:22 PM
I'd be surprised if they'd have to play them for more than 45 minutes

They'll take them off at half time.

I guess it boils down to this.

If you have the money to go and you feel it's a good deal then have a great time.

I for one will not pay.

ExiledRed
E_v468ptuXw

ilikemusic
I would love to see what kind of suckers are going to buy these tickets.

Bills in Toronto! :lol:

fetajr
I'm having a hard time seeing how people wishing to sell these tickets will make a buck off them.
1 pair is about $300 for behind the net. Good luck in finding people for that. I could be wrong though.

true that... bmo resale prices were at its peak for the u-20 world cup semi and final...and even then you could only find people willing to spend up to $150 a ticket

Damien
If Kaka hurt himself at the TFC game then the coach would be hogtied and eaten by the real madrid faithful.

Parkdale
hahahahaha Premiership vs MLS.

Classic comparison.

people were using them as a comparison before, about season ticket prices.
funny how a comparison can be used pro or con, depending on the situation.

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 03:24 PM
I dunno where you were sitting at that price... On the player bench maybe cos I paid 60$ something per ticket and i was in the porto supporters end behind the net.

yeah, I was about 12 or 15 rows back from the player's bench.
behind the goal line is always cheaper than on the sides.

BC101
06-08-2009, 03:24 PM
and whats funny is after TFC beats the beleaguered NYRB on the weekend MOST of the people in this thread will get hyped up and bust out the CC or whatever method of payment to MLSE for this match LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. I LOVE THIS FORUM HAHAHAHHAA.

Chevy
06-08-2009, 03:25 PM
where is this "contract"?

If not actually specified in a contract, I think it is now common practice for travelling teams.

I believe Man U played there reserves in a friendly a few years ago and caught some major heat because of it.

Batman
06-08-2009, 03:25 PM
true that... bmo resale prices were at its peak for the u-20 world cup semi and final...and even then you could only find people willing to spend up to $150 a ticket

first beckham game may have been the peak. (even though he never played)

The Kingpin
06-08-2009, 03:26 PM
It's all part of the immediate gratification society...

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 03:26 PM
I think you're wrong BC.

Things have changed wholesale around here, methinks.

reggie
06-08-2009, 03:27 PM
A nice healthy profit on this game for ML$E
so i guess with this big profit we will be getting grass and a dp soon.
or are we just getting DPed ???

hodgkiss
what will happen is that a lot of the tfc crowd will refuse to pay for the tickets and they will mostly be scooped up by real madrid fans. this will teach the FO something about friendlies.

this will be a home game for real madrid!

the tfc players and the fans do not deserve this. whoever had the bright idea to do this is a few bricks short of a load.

and i'm with de ro, this is a huge slap in the face for the players - giving real madrid the grass that they want to play here and yet not give it to out players on a regular basis who play 15-20 games here per year.

distasteful, disgusting behaviour from the FO. these guys all deserve to be canned. they have no clue what is going on and they certainly have no clue what they just did.

boban
I understand what you are saying, but those were kids, this is a bunch of stars, Kaka, Casillas, Raul, etc.
In any event it is a friendly and I don't see people paying past this amount even for scalper prices behind the net.

Nuvinho
06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
so.......for my seats........4 in 108, and 2 in 118........I am going to pay $950 for one game!!! very nice!!!!

Lucky I do have diehard Real Madrid friends, who want to pay that much for it.

Ladies Love Julius James
Now raising my offer I'll save anyone that is going to this game $12 LOL if they get at me. Fair offer too $12 off a game ticket.

ExiledRed
Anybody who is going to pay $125 to watch their team get upstaged by RM (and they better get upstaged, or I'll be convinced they held back for the CC.... twice) has seriously more money than sense.

Ladies Love Julius James
what will happen is that a lot of the tfc crowd will refuse to pay for the tickets and they will mostly be scooped up by real madrid fans. this will teach the FO something about friendlies.

the tfc players and the fans do not deserve this. whoever had the bright idea to do this is a few bricks short of a load.

and i'm with de ro, this is a huge slap in the face for the players - giving real madrid the grass that they want to play here and yet not give it to out players on a regular basis who play 15-20 games here per year.

distasteful, disgusting behaviour from the FO. these guys all deserve to be canned. they have no clue what is going on and they certainly have no clue what they just did.

Canada vs Honduras in Montreal.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 03:29 PM
If not actually specified in a contract, I think it is now common practice for travelling teams.

clearly, if there's a deal going down with that much cash involved, they need more than a handshake.

If big international teams made a habit of only bringing reserves to friendlies, it would bite them in the ass quickly.

When Liverpool and Porto played here... the dome was filled with Liverpool and Porto faithfull would be pissed

roach105
06-08-2009, 03:29 PM
just in case people cannot see the PDF clearly.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=1630

BC101
06-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Anybody who is going to pay $125 to watch their team get upstaged by RM (and they better get upstaged, or I'll be convinced they held back for the CC.... twice) has seriously more money than sense.
Here's how it'll go down..

RM will go up 2 in the first half probably...
Let TFC get 2 quickun's after half time to make the crowd make some noise.
Then score at their whim...

AKA a replay of Aston Villa... Except RM will keep the score down 5-2... Then we'll all come onto the forums to read threads like this

"I think we could compete in the Spanish league cos we only lost 5-2"

Pookie
06-08-2009, 03:30 PM
You know the best part about these ticket prices?

This guy on ebay is trying to sell his pair in 223 for $500US. His projected profit margin just about deflated on itself.

http://tinyurl.com/mo75oa

Wagner
06-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I will be one of the first to take the heat here and say....

I'm going.

i don't think you'll get any heat.

if you want to go, and have the cash, do it up. have fun.

you're probably just in the minority around here.

someone mentioned watching it on TV...i kind of doubt this will be on regular tv...maybe a sopcast or something online....

Kickit09

I have a feeling many Leafs fans will be seeing their first TFC game live.

ilikemusic

It wont teach the FO anything.

They are counting on Real Madrid fans paying the insane ticket price. That was the intent all along.

Youre being naive if you think the front office gives a dam about who is in the stands.

prizby
brutal, im really disappointed

boban
06-08-2009, 03:32 PM
What does CRA stand for. Saw that at the bottom of the pricing info.
Anyone have a clue?

olegunnar
06-08-2009, 03:34 PM
What does CRA stand for. Saw that at the bottom of the pricing info.
Anyone have a clue?

Canada Revenue Agency

Red CB Toronto
I had the opportunity to spend five weeks in Europe earlier this year and had the opportunity to attend 16 games in England, France and Spain, I paid 25 euros to see RM at Bernabeu, 45 punds to see Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, 30 pounds to see Man U at Trafford, among quite a few others so I have no real need to see this game, it could be fun I guess but just not worth my while.

Ladies Love Julius James

someone mentioned watching it on TV...i kind of doubt this will be on regular tv...maybe a sopcast or something online....

It'll be on Gol.

MrHawk
I imagine it will cover the costs to bring them over?

Any tax experts wanna chime in?

brad
Here is the squad from a friendly in Columbia last year on August 8th

Real Madrid: Dudek (Codina, min.45); Salgado, Javi García, Heinze (Chema Antón, min.71), Torres; Diarra, Guti (Van der Vaart, min.45), Baptista (Pepe, min.31), Robinho (Robben, min.45); Raúl (Saviola, min.71) and Van Nistelrooy (Juanmi Callejón, min.71).

http://realmadrid200708.wordpress.com/2008/08/08/independiente-1-2-real-madrid/

Casillias and Ramos were likely not there due to playing in Euro.

CretanBull
06-08-2009, 03:35 PM
just in case people cannot see the PDF clearly.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=1630

I still don't think that I can see it clearly, because it still looks like a "loyalty discounted" ticket in the South is gonna cost me $125.

CretanBull
06-08-2009, 03:36 PM

Hahahahahahaahahahahaha!

TorontoBlades
i can't wait to buy my tickets - $300 for two tix to see tfc and real madrid (starting xi, reserves - either way it'll be a new manager playing new and old faces to integrate them into a new system) ain't shit. You guys can cry about the price - when your window ends I may buy yours too....

ilikemusic
Here's how it'll go down..

RM will go up 2 in the first half probably...
Let TFC get 2 quickun's after half time to make the crowd make some noise.
Then score at their whim...

AKA a replay of Aston Villa... Except RM will keep the score down 5-2... Then we'll all come onto the forums to read threads like this

:lol:

That will happen to.

Im pretty sure theyve already announced it will be on GolTV.

boban
06-08-2009, 03:38 PM
So using simple math, that's about $3.3 million on gate receipts alone.
Factor in concessions and TV money, this thing is a killer take. Doubt RM is aking for more than $2M appearance fee.

RedsYNWA
06-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Guys it's worth it to see real grass at BMO

boban
06-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Casillias and Ramos were likely not there due to playing in Euro.
Euro was over July 1st ish.
Plenty of time for him to get there.
Unless of course he was taking a break.

MrHawk
06-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Factor in concessions and TV money, this thing is a killer take. Doubt RM is aking for more than $2M appearance fee.

We all knew it would be.

DangerRed
These prices are steep, any way you slice 'em, but I bet there will be enough people in Toronto willing to pay. I will probably not be joining them. Instead, I'll quit my fucking bitching (about the prices only, because the rest of the RM story and all the other complaints are valid), go down to a pub, grab a beer and watch the match on TV.

It is, after all, a meaningless friendly.

MrHawk
Euro was over July 1st ish.
Plenty of time for him to get there.
Unless of course he was taking a break.

I think most of those guys on Spain took huge breaks, in fact most players on Euro did since they really didn't have to worry about any competitive footy until Mid-August.

SteeltownBhoy
^LOL.

Remember everyone, we are not the intended fans. This is for casuals with money that wanna see RM.

Right on the money, I don't think many tickets will actually make it past the
waiting lists.

Wagner
temporary turf can be more dangerous than field turf.
with out proper roots, etc...

was it the gold cup last year that players were pulling up whole pieces of sod that were laid over top of the field turf???

it's all a big farce, and i'm really disappointed.

Ladies Love Julius James
06-08-2009, 03:41 PM
These prices are steep, any way you slice 'em, but I bet there will be enough people in Toronto willing to pay. I will probably not be joining them. Instead, I'll quit my fucking bitching (about the prices only, because the rest of the RM story and all the other complaints are valid), go down to a pub, grab a beer and watch the match on TV.

It is, after all, a meaningless friendly.

Well said man.

apetimberlake
06-08-2009, 03:42 PM
The turf is being replaced with grass friar tuck!

mastermixer
so i guess with this big profit we will be getting grass and a dp soon.
now that made me laugh...

brad
temporary turf can be more dangerous than field turf.
with out proper roots, etc...

was it the gold cup last year that players were pulling up whole pieces of sod that were laid over top of the field turf???

This happened at the CL final between United and Chelsea (may have been in the Gold Cup as well though).

Mikey
I for one think these prices are entirely reasinable and would quite willingly remortgage my house or sell my remainging kidney for a ticket

ilikemusic
06-08-2009, 03:43 PM

I dont know if it is a given that this game sells out.

Rogers did their market research and thought they could bilk their prospective suckers, er, I mean customers, for everything theyre worth and it blew up in their face.

I think MLSE is taking a big risk on this game.

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Guys it's worth it to see real grass at BMO

and then watch it get pulled out? that would be the heart breaking part.

I don't want to see grass at BMO until I know it's there for good.

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I dont know if it is a given that this game sells out.

I think it is.

they sold out the skydome for Celtic v Roma and Liverpool v Porto.

Madrid is just as big a name as any of those clubs, and after Spain
won the last Euro, a lot of Spanish Footy fans came out of the woodwork.

AnnexTFC
06-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Nice try to justify... We should orgainze a friendly agaisnt the Women's National team to find out who's the 3rd best team in Canada. That being said let's use some simple math here. Average of $150/ticket X 20,000 seats = $3mil. BEFORE Food and drink... Madrid has clearly asked for $1mil... big deal. However the teachers pension plan isn't hurting enough that they need to rake us over the coals when Seattle gets Chelsea and Barca for free. MLSE = Merde. Hey PCHAP - at least your season seats are together...
Count me out...

rocker
I think it is.

ya it's a spectacle... people will buy for the spectacle of RM.
I had to buy my girlfriend floor seats for George Michael last year and paid $300+ per seat. And these weren't scalper tickets.. this was legit!
and the whole arena was sold out.

flatpicker
where do all the Real Madrid fans hang out in this city?
I need to scalp some tickets!

ilikemusic
I think it is.

But none of those four teams are Toronto FC.

I dont know if there are enough die-hard Real Madrid fans who are willing to pay those kind of prices to watch their team play Toronto FC.

Wagner
06-08-2009, 03:47 PM
and then watch it get pulled out? that would be the heart breaking part.

I don't want to see grass at BMO until I know it's there for good.

exactly....this is what you're going to see 40 mins after the final whistle...
they'll be pulling up the sod and taking it out immediately.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09RD1HQaIneBO/610x.jpg

towersofsalford
I for one think these prices are entirely reasinable and would quite willingly remortgage my house or sell my remainging kidney for a ticket

:D:D:D:D:D:D

JonO
And I think I estimated a little over $4 million for DC (the huge stadium trumps the cheaper seats). I think RM appearance fee may surprise some, but I really have no idea how high it could be.

Not saying it'sa good idea, but there may not be as big a margin as everyone thinks. I dunno anymore...

apetimberlake
06-08-2009, 03:48 PM

LOL...we are getting it.

AIR TIGHT

Phil
06-08-2009, 03:48 PM
All I know is, with that kind of price you can have a pretty kick ass road trip to a place like Chicago and support the team in a game that means something.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-08-2009, 03:49 PM
FO celebrate Real Madrid pricing scheme!

NJ5gANvwqc4

MLSE miss the mark…again!

FAIL!

JonO
Nice try to justify... We should orgainze a friendly agaisnt the Women's National team to find out who's the 3rd best team in Canada. That being said let's use some simple math here. Average of $150/ticket X 20,000 seats = $3mil. BEFORE Food and drink... Madrid has clearly asked for $1mil... big deal. However the teachers pension plan isn't hurting enough that they need to rake us over the coals when Seattle gets Chelsea and Barca for free. MLSE = Merde. Hey PCHAP - at least your season seats are together...
Count me out...
Not sure where you get that number from. Would that even play their players wages for 1 week?

flatpicker
All I know is, with that kind of price you can have a pretty kick ass road trip to a place like Chicago and support the team in a game that means something.

did everyone catch that?

:hump:

Wagner
06-08-2009, 03:50 PM
i think the quality of the opponent was a big part of the draw for those games at the dome....
nationalism played into it more...
but with a super club vs. a new struggling up and comer...where's the intrigue?

menefreghista
06-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I think it is.

There were only 40,000 for Liverpool v Porto.

The Celtic v Roma game was closer to a sell out.

olegunnar
06-08-2009, 03:54 PM
But none of those four teams are Toronto FC.

I dont know if there are enough die-hard Real Madrid fans who are willing to pay those kind of prices to watch their team play Toronto FC.

Exactly

And the prior friendlies have proven you can't convert a lot of people to TFC by luring them in with their childhood team.
The people that went to go see Rui Costa play didn't exactly turn around after the game and crash ticketmaster's website with ticket requests for Toronto vs Real Salt Lake.

So the FO has pissed off it's base...for a one time cash grab.

I wonder if it was worth it.

shawn6597
06-08-2009, 03:54 PM

yeah, think I'd rather see boston

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 03:56 PM
ya it's a spectacle... people will buy for the spectacle of RM.
I had to buy my girlfriend floor seats for George Michael last year and paid $300+ per seat. And these weren't scalper tickets.. this was legit!
and the whole arena was sold out.

Just think of all the bands lately with absolutely insane prices. Hell... coldplay anyone?

fuck it's expensive living in the city.

denime
Some of you should fly to Europe and go see how expensive some games can be. Oh wait........

Oh you are so wrong with that ,difference is in Europe you will pay to watch 1st teams playing against each other,and most of the time they are not useless friendly games,between "B" teams and average MLS Team.

For example:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2eoz1qw.jpg

Look at the teams participating:Shalke 04,Bayern ,Hamburg SV,Stuttgart and TICKET PRICES from 10-25 Euro

Stehplätze sind für 10 Euro, Sitzplätze im Oberrang für 20 Euro, im Unterrang für 25 Euro zu haben. Von jedem gekauften Ticket werden zwei Euro für einen guten Zweck gestiftet.
and on top of that 2euro from evey ticket are going to charity.

Even our ST are expensive concidering MLS teams with German Bundesliga teams.

Shalke 04 has 7 categories and ST are from 221-901 Euro(club seats),
Stuttgart SV same 7 categories and ST from 142-599 Euro

prizby
does anyone know if the sounders game against FC Barcelona is part of the Sounders season tickets???

or chelsea

Parkdale
yeah, think I'd rather see boston with a hundred or so lunatics than RM with 20,000 eurosnob, prawn-sandwich eating wankers

prawns are delicious! more seafood for me!

(and bignewf, who nailed it when it said "If it's from the sea, it's good for me")

shawn6597
06-08-2009, 03:57 PM
does anyone know if the sounders game against FC Barcelona is part of the Sounders season tickets???

yep think so

AnnexTFC
JonO - clearly in my head. Got no ground to stand on to back it up. But they're not coming to sell T-shirts. Madrid wages are among the highest, if not the highest in the football. It's not Madrid marking up our prices though.

shawn6597
prawns are delicious! more seafood for me!

(and bignewf, who nailed it when it said "If it's from the sea, it's good for me")

MMMMM new england CLAM CHOWDERRR

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 03:59 PM

900 euros?

that's like $1350 for a club seat? who sits there? The Queen?

Pookie
06-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Exactly

And the prior friendlies have proven you can't convert a lot of people to TFC by luring them in with their childhood team

I would hope that's not the goal here... turn casual fans on to Toronto FC by using a big name club.

We got our asses handed to us by 6th and a 9th place USL teams... I can't imagine what the outcome would be if RM actually puts an effort into this one.

denime
06-08-2009, 04:00 PM
yeah, think I'd rather see boston with a hundred or so lunatics than RM with 20,000 eurosnob, prawn-sandwich eating wankers

easy there with insults,there are rpb members who will go to that game and to call them out like that,might give you :yellow:

prizby
i just checked, and the cheapest seats for chelsea vs. seattle is $40 US/maybe $48 canadian

and the same price for barcelona

BC101
what the fuck is wrong with you people LOL comparing European club prices to shitty bootleg ass MLS prices LOL... SMARTEN THE FUCK UP.

Face it MLSE has just given you the leafs treatment there IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO BUT ACCEPT IT LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Stop this nonsense "Oh its sooooo much more to go see United in the CL final against Barcelona" BS.

Wagner
Oh you are so wrong with that ,difference is in Europe you will pay to watch 1st teams playing against each other,and most of the time they are not useless friendly games,between "B" teams and average MLS Team.

For example:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2eoz1qw.jpg

Look at the teams participating:Shalke 04,Bayern ,Hamburg SV,Stuttgart and TICKET PRICES from 10-25 Euro

and on top of that 2euro from evey ticket are going to charity.

Even our ST are expensive concidering MLS teams with German Bundesliga teams.

the germans make good stuff.
http://www.seanbohan.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/vince.jpg

BakaGaijin
06-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Just think of all the bands lately with absolutely insane prices. Hell... coldplay anyone?

fuck it's expensive living in the city.

You can see a ton of great bands for cheap. You just have to know where to look. Most stadium concerts are a waste of time anyways.....

Next week is NXNE. Get out there and see some bands for cheap.

http://www.nxne.com/

Bloor West FC
Hahahaha what a fuchin joke!!

denime
900 euros?

That is a season ticket price for 17 Bundesliga games,how much do you pay for MLS?

Darlofletch
That's loyalty pricing?

How Orwellian.

Pookie

or chelsea

Yep and Yep:

Tickets to see the Spanish giant, whose honors include 18 La Liga trophies, a record-setting 24 Copa del Rey championships and two UEFA Champions League titles, will go on sale to the general public in the coming weeks. Tickets will be available for purchase at www.Ticketmaster.com/mls (http://www.ticketmaster.com/mls), the MLS team websites and by calling 1-800-745-3000. The match will mark the third friendly match (in addition the MLS Cup and the Chelsea friendly) included in season ticket memberships for Seattle Sounders FC season ticket holders.

Wagner
06-08-2009, 04:02 PM
900 euros?

isn't that 900 euros for the season??

prizby
06-08-2009, 04:02 PM
with DC United, you can get 4 games for $113

cheapest seats for the real game i think are 50-60 bucks

denime
06-08-2009, 04:03 PM
isn't that 900 euros for the season??
yes that is season ticket price

For Champions league tickets are 50% higher,wait until we make playoffs and you will see 100% hike as usual.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
$20 loyalty?

Is this really what they value this incredible support at? Really?

I have two brothers and when this franchise was announced it was my father who said, "For all the money you boys spend to support Celtic, I think we should buy 4 ST for the "home" team.

I can't wait to tell him they want an additional $700 from us…I can hear him laughing already…

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 04:05 PM
That is a season ticket price for 17 Bundesliga games,how much do you pay for MLS?

oh, I thought that was a single event.

BC101
06-08-2009, 04:06 PM
they'd NEVER get away with that in Europe LOLLLLLLLLLL.

denime
06-08-2009, 04:08 PM

And on top of that you have FREE parking and public transportation(TTC) To and from Stadium.

I'm telling you MLS is not cheap as it might look.

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 04:09 PM
with DC United, you can get 4 games for $113

cheapest seats for the real game i think are 50-60 bucks

they play in a baseball field or a throwball field. the cheap seats would be miles from the sidelines.

rocktml
06-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I hope no one shows up........

prizby
06-08-2009, 04:10 PM
seattle opened up for seats for its friendly, dc united is going to RFK stadium for its, why can't TFC play in the Skydome

samconnie
06-08-2009, 04:11 PM
MLSE can suck my dick
i am going to baltimore for the ac milan and chelsea for $50 bucks

prizby
they play in a baseball field or a throwball field. the cheap seats would be miles from the sidelines.

the real game is at FedEx field, not a baseball field

Parkdale
seattle opened up for seats for its friendly, dc united is going to RFK stadium for its, why can't TFC play in the Skydome

Ted Rogers owns the skydome. MLSE would have to pay rent to him, which would make it more expensive. OR he'd want part of the revenue, and I doubt they'd share.

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 04:12 PM
the real game is at FedEx field, not a baseball field

hence 'throwball' in my post. It's an american football field that seats 91,000 people.

jloome
06-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Devil's advocate position (and I've only read three pages, so this might've been noted) but I see the equation going down this way.

1. MLSE Knows Real Madrid will sellout quickly, whether any regular from BMO even attend. It's that kind of event.
2. MLSE figures it's a good revenue generator for TFC, so crank the price to the max.
3. Even though fans are pissed they can't go to what is, essentially, a meaningless friendly, the club can justify it because the financial gain will afford more reinvestment in the club, which is much more important than keeping prices cheap to a meaningless exhibition.

Red CB Toronto
06-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I think that if everything had worked out, this game would have been played at the Skydome but timing just did not work, I think MLSE would have actually prefered it because they would have been able to keep prices in check and still made quite a bit of $.

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Devil's advocate position (and I've only read three pages, so this might've been noted) but I see the equation going down this way.

1. MLSE Knows Real Madrid will sellout quickly, whether any regular from BMO even attend. It's that kind of event.
2. MLSE figures it's a good revenue generator for TFC, so crank the price to the max.
3. Even though fans are pissed they can't go to what is, essentially, a meaningless friendly, the club can justify it because the financial gain will afford more reinvestment in the club, which is much more important than keeping prices cheap to a meaningless exhibition.

yeah, that's pretty much it.

bhoybobby
MLSE can go self procreate, they'll destroy what the have through a combo of arrogance/incompetence

105BallHats
Reinvest into the club... ?? um, it's 3.5M into the ML$E account! If you're a teacher you must love this shit!

Bobo
06-08-2009, 04:15 PM
This "loyalty" shit is such a slap in the face. They know they're ass raping us and they know that we know what they're up to. They would have been better off scraping this "loyalty" thing, better than insulting their LOYAL fans.

Red CB Toronto
06-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Ted Rogers owns the skydome. MLSE would have to pay rent to him, which would make it more expensive. OR he'd want part of the revenue, and I doubt they'd share.

I think if the dome was available for the dates MLSE needed it would have happened if wanted, MLSE and Rogers are partners and working together on the Bills in Toronto series so I would not see why they would not for this.

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I think that if everything had worked out, this game would have been played at the Skydome but timing just did not work, I think MLSE would have actually prefered it because they would have been able to keep prices in check and still made quite a bit of $.

yes, but then there's the Ted Rogers angle. Right now RM and MLSE are profiting. If it was at the dome, the pie would have to get cut into another slice. Sure their might be more pie, but the slices would be bigger too. I bet it costs way more to staff the dome (upper bowl too) over BMO.

I would have liked to see the game there, with cheap tickets for whoever wanted them, but I know that dealing with another venue (when they already "own" BMO would be a massive undertaking)

CretanBull
06-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Can we trade the MLSE for the Bundesliga? I know Stuttgart would LOVE the Earthquakes, we'll settle for Bayern in Toronto :D

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 04:22 PM
First line in the email about the RM tickets:

In three short years, Toronto FC has brought new meaning to fan support and venue atmosphere.

:rofl: :lol:

SmokedPanda
06-08-2009, 04:24 PM

side note response: i got free tickets to see liverpool play porto at the dome, i was getting into an elevator at the intercontinental hotel and said out loud to my friend next to me, "i wish i had tickets to go see liverpool tonight." all of a sudden this hot looking blonde chick was like HEY i got a few extra tickets, so i asked how much she wanted for them and she said i could have them for free!!!!!!!!! so i sat at center field 15 rows from the pitch, plus she didnt show up to the game so i didn't have to buy her a 10$ beer as well haha

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-08-2009, 04:24 PM
someone really botched this 'loyalty price' business.

10%? really?!

its such a trivial amount on a higher base price that it really just comes off as patronizing us. itd be less of an insult without it

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 04:26 PM
side note response: i got free tickets to see liverpool play porto at the dome, i was getting into an elevator at the intercontinental hotel and said out loud to my friend next to me, "i wish i had tickets to go see liverpool tonight." all of a sudden this hot looking blonde chick was like HEY i got a few extra tickets, so i asked how much she wanted for them and she said i could have them for free!!!!!!!!! so i sat at center field 15 rows from the pitch, plus she didnt show up to the game so i didn't have to buy her a 10$ beer as well haha

so you were happy to keep the $10 in your pocket but NOT have a hot blonde with you?

:cool:

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 04:27 PM
yes, but then there's the Ted Rogers angle. Right now RM and MLSE are profiting. If it was at the dome, the pie would have to get cut into another slice. Sure their might be more pie, but the slices would be bigger too. I bet it costs way more to staff the dome (upper bowl too) over BMO.

I would have liked to see the game there, with cheap tickets for whoever wanted them, but I know that dealing with another venue (when they already "own" BMO would be a massive undertaking)

Isn't Ted Roger's angle, 180 degrees, six feet deep?

mclaren
06-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Wow, I'm shocked. My background is in Public Relations and this should be a case study in the textbook. You have great customers and then go ahead and totally alienate them for one big pay-day. The problem is, what happens when Real Madrid leaves? Your loyal fans are still there - the ones that you completely shafted. I have absolutely no sympathy for MLSE now - they have brought all this negative publicity on themselves. Loyalty=$15? Wow.

Wagner
06-08-2009, 04:34 PM

zing!!

Chevy
06-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Wow, I'm shocked. My background is in Public Relations and this should be a case study in the textbook. You have great customers and then go ahead and totally alienate them for one big pay-day. The problem is, what happens when Real Madrid leaves? Your loyal fans are still there - the ones that you completely shafted. I have absolutely no sympathy for MLSE now - they have brought all this negative publicity on themselves. Loyalty=$15? Wow.

Totally agree. They don't need us today, and wont need us tomorrow. Probably won't need us for a number of years.

But someday they will.

Parkdale
06-08-2009, 04:36 PM

yeah true, but the Rogers company is still alive and hungry

jimiv
06-08-2009, 04:37 PM
They will be handing them out at the gates for a small one time charge of $49.99 or three easy payments

The loyalty price is $47.00;)

menefreghista
06-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Loyalty=$15?

LOL. This should be a banner or 2-stick.

ACSertL
06-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Can we trade the MLSE for the Bundesliga? I know Stuttgart would LOVE the Earthquakes, we'll settle for Bayern in Toronto :D

I would take a bullet for you good sir!

CretanBull
06-08-2009, 04:40 PM

We'd have to pool our money to get two members in the stadium to hold it up though.

menefreghista
06-08-2009, 04:41 PM
We'd have to pool our money to get two members in the stadium to hold it up though.

Dammit, that would be expensive.

SmokedPanda
06-08-2009, 04:42 PM
so you were happy to keep the $10 in your pocket but NOT have a hot blonde with you?

:cool:

well i got 4 free tickets that day, 1 for me, my gf, my best friend and his gf....... maybe that 10$ beer could have gotten me a 3 some with a hot blonde and my gf...... thanks for killing my real life experience

CretanBull
06-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I would take a bullet for you good sir!

Carefull what you wish for, the way things have gone these past two weeks I think people are actually aiming for me :D

One of my best friend's and his father are Munich supporters, and we go to his father's house whenever England plays Germany so I've adopted them as my German team.

Chevy
06-08-2009, 04:44 PM
How about scalping your tickets, taking (some) of the proceeds and renting a plane to fly over during the game?

...insert banner text here....

pekduck
06-08-2009, 04:46 PM

Totally!

I'm getting progressively pissed at them...

Suds
06-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Looks like MLSE is taking a calculated risk on this. I'm sure they know a portion of the core supporters and season seat holders are not going to be happy with this. But they know very few will do anything drastic like not renew their season seats.

They are banking on the hype around a team like Real Madrid to market TFC and sell these tickets to people in T.O. who may not have made the jump to see TFC. That, and generate a nice profit whiel doing so. This is all about brand building and revenue.

Prices are too rich for me. I spend a fair amount of my entertainment $$ on this team already and I can't fork out anoth $175 + whatever I might spend at the game. As a season seat holder I definitely feel slighted by this whole thing.

I'll catch the game on TV save my $$ for an away trip to support the boys in a game that means something.

VPjr
06-08-2009, 04:48 PM
that's just it...
I would have no complaints if MLSE was hosting two international clubs facing each other in a friendly.

Toronto should not be in these friendly games.
They should be concentrating on ones that matter only!

BANG ON....

It is sad to say but TFC is simply not good enough to pay this kind of money to watch for 1 game.

end of story.

dupont
06-08-2009, 04:49 PM
It's expensive but it's exactly the price I pictured when they announced Real Madrid playing in a small stadium with the stipulation of a temporary grass pitch. Seemed obvious that it would be realyl expensive. No way in hell I would ever pay this!

pekduck
06-08-2009, 04:50 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=170&pictureid=1631

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Everyone who's not going should show up in the parking lot in their TFC gear, mill around the gate, get in the way, and start making a noise once the game has started.

It would be funny if the noise at that game was coming from outside the stadium.

Chevy
06-08-2009, 04:52 PM
The prices are expensive, but not really out of line considering the size of the stadium and the team involved.

I think the top price for Inter/AC in Boston is $125 and that is in a 80,000 seat venue.

Barth Bagge
06-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Sorry slightly off-topic. Anyone else find it ironic that the top of 104 is a standing section?

Loyalty also includes pst/gst.

Jamaicanadian
06-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Big shout out to all our TFC fans in the T-dot and worldwide!!!!

We run T-dot...Love Always MLSE !!!!

qBwmXDloLOA

We get money.....its money we got!!!!

:flare::scarf::flare:

samconnie
06-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I have 5 games 2 tickets each category 2 in Jo'berg for the $1200 all seeded games WC2010, and i am supposed spend $300 for a fukin friendly.?? In Chinese i cursed tiu lai loh moh