PDA

View Full Version : Real Madrid Prices Announced

Pages : 1 [2]

Dozitwin
06-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm not surprised by this at all and just reaffirms that there is no chance I'll be going to this match. For my seats the loyalty price is 150 a seat. I don't have an extra 300 laying around to spend on one game that means absolutely nothing.

At these prices though I have to wonder just how full the stands will be.

Chevy
06-08-2009, 04:58 PM
The game will be a sellout - every Real fan or Brazillian from Buffalo to Kingston will want to get in.

BC101
06-08-2009, 04:59 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=170&pictureid=1631
hmmmmmm if anyone i thought would go i figured it'd be you and hazy and them... LOL I guess you have more sense than to pay ridiculous prices well done..

Gobi
06-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Loyalty = $15
Chillin' with my buddies at the Highland Games in Fergus, as per the original weekend plans = priceless.

McHaggis
06-08-2009, 05:02 PM
The prices are expensive, but not really out of line considering the size of the stadium and the team involved.

I think the top price for Inter/AC in Boston is $125 and that is in a 80,000 seat venue.

Inter/AC might actually be worth paying that...at least you have two top teams(and a derby match, in fact).
I'll have to pass on paying $150 for my usual seat. Eff that, MLSE!

Calla
06-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Our loyalty price for our table seats is $245 each....yikes.

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 05:03 PM
The game will be a sellout - every Real fan or Brazillian from Buffalo to Kingston will want to get in.

I had a Real Madrid fan bugging me about getting my seats.

I just called him and told him the price and needless to say, he isn't going.

pekduck
06-08-2009, 05:04 PM
hmmmmmm if anyone i thought would go i figured it'd be you and hazy and them... LOL I guess you have more sense than to pay ridiculous prices well done..

LOL, if i can talk work into sponsoring a team building event at this game, i would

Davenport
06-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Who do they think we are.....for a meaningless friendly ?
Nobody should buy a ticket...that would f*ck them up.....thieving b*st*rds.
They've lost me.

flatpicker
06-08-2009, 05:06 PM
I had a Real Madrid fan bugging me about getting my seats.

I just called him and told him the price and needless to say, he isn't going.

well... you gotta wonder about the prices when you can't even get Real Madrid fans to bite the cost!

BC101
06-08-2009, 05:07 PM
well... you gotta wonder about the prices when you can't even get Real Madrid fans to bite the cost!
there will be more than enough and if it looks like it wont be a full house MLSE will send out another email to STH "NEW LOYALTY DEAL" with dropped prices LOL.

redangeldragnet
06-08-2009, 05:07 PM
I paid 65 euros face value (now equal to $100, but probably less back then) for a ticket to England vs. Equador at the 2006 World Cup in Germany. In the first knockout round no less.

Suds
06-08-2009, 05:09 PM

I have a couple people at work who were asking me if they could have my tickets if I was not going to the game. I'll be interested to know if they still are when I talk to them tomorrow and inform them of the prices.

rocker
06-08-2009, 05:13 PM
from what i remember from business class in school, prices are not set to cover your costs at maximum attendance. prices are set to cover costs, plus have a profit, at a lower attendance number. So they might say they need 14000 attendance at these prices to cover costs and make a decent profit. I doubt they budget it so tight that they need 20000. 20000 would be a massive bonus.
these prices are actually pretty much like any "event ticket" these days.

My girlfriend bought Beyonce tickets at Molson Amphitheatre recently. she got the third level (of four... plus they have a grass berm behind the fourth level). What did that cost? $166 per seat! Now, Beyonce has a great ass, but I think I'd rather see Real Madrid if I was that rich! ;)
Certain Nickleback packages at the Amphitheatre cost 200-400, with regular "good" seats over $100!

This is an "event" not a regular soccer game. And events sell big in this city. It ain't right, and I ain't payin the cash, but i think this game will sell out no problem.

werewolf
06-08-2009, 05:13 PM
I have 5 games 2 tickets each category 2 in Jo'berg for the $1200 all seeded games WC2010, and i am supposed spend $300 for a fukin friendly.?? In Chinese i cursed tiu lai loh moh

Confirmed.

TFC Cityboy
06-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Everyone who's not going should show up in the parking lot in their TFC gear, mill around the gate, get in the way, and start making a noise once the game has started.

It would be funny if the noise at that game was coming from outside the stadium.
Not a bad idea...once we get closer in to the date, if it seems that most RPBs are passing on our "loyalty bonus offer" we have a tailgate outside the ground singing our whole repetoire...

Wagner
06-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Not a bad idea...once we get closer in to the date, if it seems that most RPBs are passing on our "loyalty bonus offer" we have a tailgate outside the ground singing our whole repetoire...

why contribute to the atmosphere at all??

grizzle
06-08-2009, 05:21 PM
As much as I would love to see Real Madrid play, at those prices I am gonna have to pass.

Nuvinho
06-08-2009, 05:22 PM
I wonder if MLSE is making the players wives and families pay for their seats as well.......knowing them, they will.

samconnie
06-08-2009, 05:24 PM
One more time
MLSE,tiu lai loh moh, ham ka chan

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 05:26 PM
why contribute to the atmosphere at all??

We wouldn't be, we'd be outside the stadium showing the crowd, the media and Real Madrid, where TFC's real fans are.

Maybe we could do a piece on the TV, about how the locally famous fans who are normally in the stadium, giving TFC some credibility, have been priced out, so they're supporting the team from outside while a bunch of the opposition's fans are taking up their seats.

Yohan
06-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Sorry slightly off-topic. Anyone else find it ironic that the top of 104 is a standing section?

Loyalty also includes pst/gst.
top of 104 is away supporter section

Toronto_Bhoy
06-08-2009, 05:31 PM
LOL!!!

2010 WC quarterfinal is cheaper!!!

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/stadiums/stadium=5006468/index.html

flatpicker
06-08-2009, 05:31 PM
We wouldn't be, we'd be outside the stadium showing the crowd, the media and Real Madrid, where TFC's real fans are.

Maybe we could do a piece on the TV, about how the locally famous fans who are normally in the stadium, giving TFC some credibility, have been priced out, so they're supporting the team from outside while a bunch of the opposition's fans are taking up their seats.

not a bad idea really.

MFG1
06-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I wonder if the private booths get this one for free since it makes no mention of it on the website prices.

Maybe they are also paying for their whole family to come over too. Considering that they will already be here to play some other teams, if the average price of a seat is 130 x 20700 ( what they claimed was there on saturday, thats a gross of 2,691,000. The grass costs 250,000 and all things considering, thats one hell of a profit for 3 hours, Way to show us loyalty, MLSE.

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 05:34 PM
LOL!!!

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/stadiums/stadium=5006468/index.html

Hahahahahahaha. LMFAO. :rofl: :rofl:

sully
06-08-2009, 05:37 PM
PREMIERSHIP TICKET PRICES - 2007/08
Club Highest Lowest Arsenal £54 £30 / Aston Villa £31 £17 / Birmingham City £45 £20 / Blackburn Rovers £38 £24 (Cat A) | £15 (Cat B) / Bolton Wanderers £39 £21 / Charlton Athletic £35 £20 / Chelsea £60 £35 / Everton £34 £28 (Cat A) | £26 (Cat B) / Fulham £49 £28 / Liverpool £32 £30 (Cat A) | £28 (Cat B) / Manchester City £32 £27 / Manchester United * £36 £21 / Middlesbrough £40 £24 / Newcastle United £37 £22 / Portsmouth £39 £30 (Cat A) | £26 (Cat B) / Sunderland £30 £25 (Cat A) | £20 (Cat B) / Tottenham £70 £38 (Cat A) | £26 (Cat C) / West Brom £49 £35 (Cat A) | £25 (Cat C) / West Ham United £53 £37 (Cat A) | £30 (Cat B) / Wigan Athletic £25 £22 (Cat A) | £17 (Cat B)

Match tickets for the most expensive league in the world are still cheaper for competitive games, nevermind a pre-season friendly...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/4269144.stm#ticketprices

Did I mention I've been priced-out of this one!

flatpicker
06-08-2009, 05:38 PM
I think I have pretty much made up my mind on this... I am not going.
I'll see if I know anyone that wants them before letting them go to the gen-pop.

This money can be better spent elsewhere... road game... vacation... etc.

Think of how many LP's Parkdale could buy for the price of his tickets!
Or how much Lego Cashcleaner could invest in!

the options are endless!

Pachuco
06-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I wish nothing but failure for Paul and MLSE. I really hope you're pathetic money hungry assess get it right where it belongs.

$350 for TWO TICKETS to a friendly is INSANE.

Lucky for me I'm going to Europe in September. I'm sure I'll catch some footie for 1/10th of the price and it will actually be two WORLD CLASS teams playing. ON REAL GRASS.

werewolf
06-08-2009, 05:46 PM
LOL!!!

:rofl:

:scarf:

I know I will be saving my money for that match.

sully
06-08-2009, 05:46 PM
LOL!!!

The biggest match I've ever been too was Ireland V Spain first round knock-out in Korea/Japan 2002...I paid about half the price of what MLSE wants me to pay for a friendly pre-season game featuring an MLS team..

sidvan
06-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Not happening. As much as i would love to see RM, I can't in good conscience spend that kind of cash. Darn the kids and their braces.

Keyman
06-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Let's climb to the top of the Food Building, every single supporter, and watch the game from there.

AL-MO
06-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Is there a net to catch Parkdale when he falls? :lol:

Keyman
06-08-2009, 05:55 PM

No, but we could conduct an experiment. Lay a patch of grass and a patch of turf on the ground. Push Parkdale onto the grass and an MLSE official onto the turf, and see who survives. :)

Get In There
06-08-2009, 05:56 PM
I've read a few posts from those who we're open to this idea and planned on buying tickets.......now, 'no sale'

This won't do well.

Real against TFC?

This isn't real / any other world class squad b team.

It's real B vs TFC.

in this economy

in this city (it's not like it's an Italian team)

go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

B

PS - Paul, you're a scumbag

Carefree
06-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Meanwhile, tickets for the Bordeaux vs. Guingamp match in Montreal on July 26 are priced at $10 to $50, with lots of seats available. If you want to see top-level European clubs play each other, this seems like a much better deal.

bhoybobby
06-08-2009, 05:59 PM
The more I think about this train wreck the angrier I get, stupid. Did anyone catch the Assman on CBC radio live this afternoon offering justification for these two weeks from hell

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 05:59 PM

LMAO :lol:

Keyman
06-08-2009, 06:01 PM
This match will sell out. I've had about 10 inquiries from avid football fans about the game already, and word is spreading quick. There will be a large pool of demand for these tickets, mark my word.

It's very rare to actually witness quality football in this city, and because of this scarcity tickets will be snatched up immediately methinks.

loconet
06-08-2009, 06:02 PM
June 8th! The new April 1st!

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 06:03 PM
This match will sell out. I've had about 10 inquiries from avid football fans about the game already, and word is spreading quick. There will be a large pool of demand for these tickets, mark my word.

It's very rare to actually witness quality football in this city, and because of this scarcity tickets will be snatched up immediately methinks.

Toronto FC? Quality football?

Wolves_On_Tour
06-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Better to drive to DC to see them:

You can get midfield tickets to 4 games (Real Madrid, Seattle, LA and San Jose) for $146 each.

https://secure.dcunited.com/international-4pack

wow...that just examplifies ML$E's bullshit.

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT PLAYERS, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT FANS, TORONTO FOOTBALL CLUB IS IN THE WRONG HANDS!

Carefree
06-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Guys, maybe we have it all wrong.

What if MLSE's plan all along is to gouge casual (non-TFC supporters) fans for as much moolah as they can on this farce of a game, and use the proceeds on something useful like get a DP or build that elusive training facility that would allow us to put grass at BMO?

It could happen, right?

Keyman
06-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Toronto FC? Quality football?

No no, I said that we seldom see quality football, ie Toronto FC. Real Madrid is basically as quality as it gets. It may be a one-sided match, but a team of Madrid's calibre will undoubtedly attract football fans from across the city.

Get In There
06-08-2009, 06:07 PM
It's very rare to actually witness quality football in this city,

and this is.....really?

come on now

B

EDIT - notice how they don;t mention the prices when they promote this in the 20/20 updates on the fan.

Oh ya, there will be interest......until they read the pricing

Wagner
06-08-2009, 06:07 PM
i wonder if Balsillie or Mark Cuban have heard of TFC...and would like to own it???

werewolf
06-08-2009, 06:08 PM
I am going to be California the first week of August. Thinking about going to see the European champions for $25....

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 06:09 PM
what is KY?

An inferior product to Astroglide! :D

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I am going to be California the first week of August. Thinking about going to see the European champions for $25....

Ouch....that hurts.

sully
06-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know if they tried to secure Rogers Centre for the game and hence have the game be reasonably priced and accessible? If scheduling was the problem surely something could have been worked out? Something just doesn't add up here...surely they must have known they were going to alienate and piss off a lot of people, even if they do find enough people to buy those tickets. I used to think the FO knew their audience, but there's serious doubts now.. Ah well I guess I'll still be able to afford to go to a Premiership game this Autumn when I'm over there..

werewolf
06-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Jays are playing all the days around Aug. 7th.

Manutd #1
06-08-2009, 06:20 PM
i understand all the complaints I mean i would love to see even the b real madrid team who will still be way better then tfc play but this is too much by far. I think the aston villa game was very entertaining and not nearly the same price and they are a top level team not to madrids level but still very good.

i think they will sell out , we all hate it but there is enough casual fans that they will sell this game out. The tickets awhile back at the rogers centre for the friendlies with celtic and milan were not too cheap and went QUICK. I mean hardcore madrid fans will go if this was manutd i would pay. MLSE does research and alot of it they know how much they can charge to control the supply and demand, they are not one of the richest sports owners by being stupid honestly.

As fror the DC united comment about its cheaper to go there, of course it is im pretty sure they are playing at the football stadium which is like at least 70000 seats. If this game was at rogers centre it would sell out and would have a good range of ticket prices

Kickit09
06-08-2009, 06:20 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=199&pictureid=1632

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 06:24 PM
They don't care about players
They don't care about fans
Toronto Football Club
Is in the wrong hands

Mikey
06-08-2009, 06:26 PM
i understand all the complaints I mean i would love to see even the b real madrid team who will still be way better then tfc play but this is too much by far. I think the aston villa game was very entertaining and not nearly the same price and they are a top level team not to madrids level but still very good.

i think they will sell out , we all hate it but there is enough casual fans that they will sell this game out. The tickets awhile back at the rogers centre for the friendlies with celtic and milan were not too cheap and went QUICK. I mean hardcore madrid fans will go if this was manutd i would pay. MLSE does research and alot of it they know how much they can charge to control the supply and demand, they are not one of the richest sports owners by being stupid honestly.

As fror the DC united comment about its cheaper to go there, of course it is im pretty sure they are playing at the football stadium which is like at least 70000 seats. If this game was at rogers centre it would sell out and would have a good range of ticket prices

So basically they are pimping our team out in the middle of a season as opposition for a Real Madrid home game at BMO....?

nascarguy
06-08-2009, 06:32 PM
OFFICIAL: Real Madrid sign Kaká from AC Milan (http://www.oleole.com/blogs/realmadridtalk/posts/official-real-madrid-sign-kaka-from-ac-milan)

so is anyone still going to buy tickets

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Guys, maybe we have it all wrong.

What if MLSE's plan all along is to gouge casual (non-TFC supporters) fans for as much moolah as they can on this farce of a game, and use the proceeds on something useful like get a DP or build that elusive training facility that would allow us to put grass at BMO?

It could happen, right?

It could happen without the proceeds from the friendly, and everybody knows it.

Marianne
06-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Loyalty = $15
Chillin' with my buddies at the Highland Games in Fergus, as per the original weekend plans = priceless.

Indeed!:drinking:

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 06:35 PM
OFFICIAL: Real Madrid sign Kaká from AC Milan (http://www.oleole.com/blogs/realmadridtalk/posts/official-real-madrid-sign-kaka-from-ac-milan)

so is anyone still going to buy tickets

I wouldn't be caught dead buying tickets for this match. In fact, I wouldn't go even if they handed me tickets for free.

greatwhitenorf
06-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Part of the evening's entertainment package will include showing the video of Kaka undergoing his medical.

Manutd #1
06-08-2009, 06:38 PM
hey man not saying its right, but look at the leafs they screw fans every year but i garauntee if 20000 said they were selling their tickets they would be gone in 5 mins. MLSE are a bunch of money hungry business men, like i said not sayin its right but they are gonna keep doing it, only way to stop it is to hope they sell which they wont because they are making tons of money

SmokedPanda
06-08-2009, 06:41 PM
One more time

you must be Cantonese

Bloor West FC
06-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Just to let everybody here know that there will be 2 front row seats available! I rather watch this circus on t.v.

Get In There
06-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Just to let everybody here know that there will be 2 front row seats available! I rather watch this circus on t.v.

I've read this a few times...is it on the box for sure?

I think this would affect attendance ... no?

B

elvis
06-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Don't watch on TV either...ratings will help their cause.

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Who wants to watch a game of kickabout?

This is the equivalent of watching a sparring session of boxing.

pubboy
06-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Ok, so i dont get it. My email (copied below) says that on 17th i'll have the opportunity to purchase seats. It then goes on to say my pre-sale starts on 18th at 2:00pm. I click on the link, and it states that i'll have 24hours to claim my seats from 15th at 9am. !?!?!?!?!?!?
Doesnt really matter that much, as i wont be buying tickets to thsi kickabout. Just funny that i have three dates in the same communication.

Tickets go on sale to the public on June 22nd, but on Wednesday, June 17th, you will have an opportunity to purchase seats for this match online through a Ticketmaster presale. We are also providing you with a special loyalty price. To view the pricing and seating map, click here.
Important information:
Your presale starts on Thursday, June 18th at 2 p.m.
You can access the sale through ticketmaster.ca
To maintain the exclusivity of the sale, a password will be sent to you on June 16th.
A very important note: your presale window will last for 4 hours and the public sale will follow on June 22nd.

nascarguy
06-08-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm going to go but only to get my rm shirt sign by the team.

dag
06-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I don't have $175 burning a hole in my pocket (the cost for me to buy my own seat for this friendly). It's going to be very difficult for me to justify this to myself. I'll think about it for the week, but I'm leaning to not going.

KrazyKanadian
06-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Hmmm....pay for tickets to a meaningless friendly or make next month's rent. :rolleyes:

Besides, everyone knows that there's only one proper team in Madrid. :D

BRed
06-08-2009, 07:21 PM
awww :( I really wanted to watch Madrid, specially since I went to their first game when I was 9 years old. That maount of money during these economic times is no good..So MLSE thanks for sucking a dream out of my brains but you won't get to suck the money out of my wallet.

MLSE REP: "Giving loyal home team fans a fair price?...not my forte. But that is! (pointing at the ass of a face painted TFC fan)"

drewski
06-08-2009, 07:24 PM
if my g/f's sister's wedding wasn't that night, I'd pay no problem. sadly, she's not to ipen to moving her wedding at this point :(

Pachuco
06-08-2009, 07:33 PM
P.S - Paul, You're a scumbag. MLSE, scumbags.

tfc007
06-08-2009, 07:34 PM
paul and the gang at MAPLE LEAF SPORTS AND GREEED..... can go FUCK THEM SELVES IF I am going to pay for real madrid prices they are asking.Its cheaper to watch it on goal tv,wait a minute they might put the game on paperview those greedy MOTHER FUCKERS.We need new owners,When MLSE bought this club I knew it was going to be problems.These fuckers think soccer fans are going to put up with their bullshit. I say FUCKEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Malvern FC
06-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Well great make it even better i was guesstimating a price of $75 for my seats and its $150. Does not matter though i will not pay to see this farce. This is not a game set up for TFC or Toronto but a cash grab for the MLSE this aint the leafs. I hope TFC wins and its a pro real madrid crowd MLSE ur gonna lose dummys can i hav some of that sod i got work to do.

Yohan
06-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Hmmm....pay for tickets to a meaningless friendly or make next month's rent. :rolleyes:

Besides, everyone knows that there's only one proper team in Madrid. :D
Rayo? :p

druid
06-08-2009, 07:44 PM
I won't be going but I hope they sell out for the sake of the club.

Personally I think the prices are outrageous. Other prices I've paid for big games:

$60 to watch a champions league game round 1 game
$100 to see a WC final. I think the WC average price has gone up to $140 for South Africa.
Champions World tickets $60 for behind the goals (Liverpool and Porto?)
Champions World $135.00 row 7 at center field (Celtic and Roma?)

This would be the most expensive game of football I've ever seen and all the previous games I've got to see to two Champions League quality teams or better playing. Here they have one lower table MLS team vs a CL team.

Frankly, I hope there are way more Real Madrid fans than I think there are. If not, I can see the club taking an absolute bath and any hope of grass or a DP going down with this friendly.

Let's hope the business types have done their home work on pricing and demand. If not...

druid
06-08-2009, 07:48 PM

I don't know any Real Madrid fans but...

I've been trying to flog my tickets to anyone I know at cost and they all gasped/laughed when they heard the prices.

RealG-TFC
06-08-2009, 07:51 PM
OMG.

This is wayyyyy to much. I was willing to buy a $80 ticket in the South end, max!

boban
06-08-2009, 07:57 PM
I dont know if it is a given that this game sells out.

Rogers did their market research and thought they could bilk their prospective suckers, er, I mean customers, for everything theyre worth and it blew up in their face.

I think MLSE is taking a big risk on this game.
it's only 20,000 tickets. not 50,000 + that Rogers had to sell for the NFL games.
They will sell it out. But's pretty much top dollar they would be getting for their seats, esp. in the south end.
I can't see how one of us could make much by buying, then selling them.
Bit of a risk if you ask me.

boban
06-08-2009, 07:58 PM
I think it is.

they sold out the skydome for Celtic v Roma and Liverpool v Porto.

Madrid is just as big a name as any of those clubs, and after Spain
won the last Euro, a lot of Spanish Footy fans came out of the woodwork.
No they didn't. it was high 40,000's though.

jabbronies
06-08-2009, 08:01 PM
no thank you. I won't be paying $125 to watch Real Madrid, I hate those Arseholes.

Cuchulain
06-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Supporter section tickets have been marked up more than 300% from a premium game. More than 500% from a regular game. Premium seats marked up about 30%-50%. (estimated the math). Since we're ten times more loyal, we get ten times greater mark-up. The mark up should have been the same accross the board. Would have made our ticket less than 50 bucks.

boban
06-08-2009, 08:09 PM
someone really botched this 'loyalty price' business.

10%? really?!

its such a trivial amount on a higher base price that it really just comes off as patronizing us. itd be less of an insult without it
Exactly nobody.
it would have been better just to say 'season ticket discount' but loyalty?
Fuck off!! Total insult. I'm sorry Paul but you boched this part completely.
So my loyalty for 3 years of frustrating and shitty football, no grass, and no Dp is $15??!! This is an insult if I ever saw one.

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Supporter section tickets have been marked up more than 300% from a premium game. More than 500% from a regular game. Premium seats marked up about 30%-50%. (estimated the math). Since we're ten times more loyal, we get ten times greater mark-up. The mark up should have been the same accross the board. Would have made our ticket less than 50 bucks.

They don't like us any more.

That's why they're siccing security on streamer throwers, and slowly but surely eroding our enthusiasm and will to support the team.

They've twigged that BMO can be their next corporate function facility, and we are in the way.

red_devilsfan7
06-08-2009, 08:11 PM
I was expecting it not going though $140. its half the price to see Real Madrid in DC

fiji_blue
06-08-2009, 08:12 PM
People this game for the size of the stadium and field requirements is priced accordingly. Also since they are jacking the ticket price the scalpers wont make as much money. I wont be going to the game as my section 125 has switched from grey to red. I am looking forward to River Plate though..

BigD
06-08-2009, 08:14 PM

They tried to sell the tickets to the friendlies in season 1 for over $100 per seat for the light greys. This is more than that but definately a better team.

boban
06-08-2009, 08:14 PM
We'd have to pool our money to get two members in the stadium to hold it up though.
What's wrong with doing it for the NYRB game?
Let them get the message before tickets go on sale.

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 08:15 PM
They don't like us any more.

That's why they're siccing security on streamer throwers, and slowly but surely eroding our enthusiasm and will to support the team.

They've twigged that BMO can be their next corporate function facility, and we are in the way.

QFT!

FluSH
06-08-2009, 08:23 PM
If you are not going... kindly let me know... I have no interest for this game... but my family does... my dad spent his university life as an international student in Madrid... and this would be a game he would enjoy

Thank You

Shway
06-08-2009, 08:26 PM
They Dont Care About Prices
They Dont Care About Fans
Toronto Football Club
Is In The Wrong Hands

Cuchulain
06-08-2009, 08:29 PM

Similarly, for people in the best seats to feel the same pinch we are they're seats would be more than $500. I wonder how they would feel they are being treated if this were the case.

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Corporate greed vs. the working class at BMO Field. Supporters have suddenly become the enemy.

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Glad i'm not going.

maximo_rpd
06-08-2009, 08:35 PM
What's wrong with doing it for the NYRB game?
Let them get the message before tickets go on sale.

Boban has the answer - nobody go to the NTRB game, except for a 1/2 dozen in the south stands with protest banners.) Let the team, coaching staff and the FO see what it is like without the supporters. Let the media know and do interviews outside the stadium only - big protest chants only - lets get organized with the other supporter groups - they are not happy either. It is too bad the game/protest couldn't happen when there is a CBC telecast....

Kickit09
06-08-2009, 08:36 PM
MLSE would love for BMO to become quiet and passive like ACC. It would make their job a lot easier and they would save money on security.

BC101
06-08-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm going to go but only to get my rm shirt sign by the team.
i hope you get fuck all signed.:hump:

Marco2K
06-08-2009, 08:43 PM
MLSE would love for BMO to become quiet and passive like ACC. It would make their job a lot easier and they would save money on security.

damn that is so sad and true.

I am sure they would love to able to jack up our south end tickets.

I am 29 and have hated the Leafs all my life cause their owners are a joke.

And now it hits close to home. I have learned to love this team but i really think its getting close to the end for me.

I can only take being ripped off so much.:drum:

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 08:45 PM
And now it hits close to home. I have learned to love this team but i really think its getting close to the end for me.

Which is exactly what MLSE wants.

Davenport
06-08-2009, 08:49 PM
It's getting to the point where I just laugh when they lose.....which is very sad.
They're doing a great job of f*cking everything up.

Chevy
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Boban has the answer - nobody go to the NTRB game, except for a 1/2 dozen in the south stands with protest banners.) Let the team, coaching staff and the FO see what it is like without the supporters. Let the media know and do interviews outside the stadium only - big protest chants only - lets get organized with the other supporter groups - they are not happy either. It is too bad the game/protest couldn't happen when there is a CBC telecast....

Sure, don't show up. Better yet give up your season's at the end of the year and see who cares? There are 10,000 people waiting to take your spot, all guaranteed to be less of a pain in the ass to management than you (please take that as a compliment).

What I keep trying to tell people is that they have got it backwards. Supporters must keep showing up. Keep showing up and letting management know you are not going anywhere, and you will continue to push them AND support the team.

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Sure, don't show up. Better yet give up your season's at the end of the year and see who cares? There are 10,000 people waiting to take your spot, all guaranteed to be less of a pain in the ass to management than you (please take that as a compliment).

What I keep trying to tell people is that they have got it backwards. Supporters must keep showing up. Keep showing up and letting management know you are not going anywhere, and you will continue to push them AND support the team.

You've got the right idea mate. Thank you.

BC101
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
One more time
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I cant believe i missed this post LOL you are really angry huh dude? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Best post ever.

Marco2K
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
We should all watch the game in the beer tent. the south end should be empty to send FO a message

BC101
06-08-2009, 09:00 PM
We should all watch the game in the beer tent. the south end should be empty to send FO a message
Hey chuckles... headline reads FO doesn't care LOL.

Whoop
06-08-2009, 09:01 PM
:rofl:

ML$E is so funny.

Mikey
06-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I strongly suspect there will be no yellow zone for renewal next season, it'll be brought up into line with light grey pricing.

You heard it here first.

dcdcdc
06-08-2009, 09:03 PM
If people are not interested in going, why are they compelled to repeat over and over that they are not going then complain about ticket prices for an event they detest

BC101
06-08-2009, 09:03 PM
If people are not interested in going, why are they compelled to repeat over and over that they are not going then complain about ticket prices for an event they detest
welcome to the RPB Boards TFC section........................

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 09:04 PM
welcome to the RPB Boards TFC section........................

LMAO :rofl:

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 09:06 PM

When people are protesting a war why don't they yell out their slogans just once and then go home? why do they stand there and try and draw as much attention to the issue as possible?
If they hate war, why don't they just go home and sit peacefully?

BC101
06-08-2009, 09:08 PM
When people are protesting a war why don't they yell out their slogans just once and then go home? why do they stand there and try and draw as much attention to the issue as possible?
sometimes I think members like that guy are just users making a second profile to cause shit LOL.. I mean it has to be hasn't it? LOL.

Suds
06-08-2009, 09:08 PM

Well said.

I'm opting out of the opportunity to go to this game. I'll let the casuals buy my tickets to pad MLSE's bottom line for this one.

druid
06-08-2009, 09:09 PM

Personally I have my fingers crossed that Anselmi/Beirne have excellent market research saying casuals will snap up all the tickets and all that cash goes to a grass or DP fund. But...

What happens if they've priced the tickets too high and they don't sell?
Are Real going to wave their appearance fee?
Does TFC have a get out clause?
Are MLSE going to make up the loss and cost of the temporary grass pitch?

If it doesn't go to plan and the answers to the above questions are the wrong ones, I can see huge freaking hole in the TFC budget that will be there for years to come. And that will suck.

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I'd laugh if the game sells out and it rains for the full 90 minutes and beyond. Or perhaps some lightning flashes causing the match to be cancelled. Yeah, the money would still be made, but I'd still get a good laugh.

Nodoubtguy
06-08-2009, 09:15 PM
people....
the game will sell out
most will renew seasons
those not renewed will be bought by waiting listers
MLSE will continue to make money

welcome to sports in Toronto.....if you don't like it, I recommend you walk away now!!

Ladies Love Julius James
06-08-2009, 09:18 PM
people....
the game will sell out
most will renew seasons

welcome to sports in Toronto.....if you don't like it, I recommend you walk away now!!

Fact Fact Fact Fact Fact.

SO is no one going to this game? If you are and want $12 off get at a negro ( I know 12 is pennies with a price like this but it counts for somthing_

BC101
06-08-2009, 09:20 PM
people....
the game will sell out
most will renew seasons

people are just piping up cos the team sucks right now... Once they win against beleaguered NYRB they'll be fine again.. I think the only one who MIGHT hold to his word of not going is Exiled LOL.

Suds
What happens if they've priced the tickets too high and they don't sell? Are Real going to wave their appearance fee? Are MLSE going to make up the cost of the temporary grass pitch or is the money going to come out of the TFC budget?

They will not have to sell out completely on this game. I'm sure they've taken the time to crunch numbers and a few different scenarios. They probably have a break even number well below a complete sell-out.

If for some reason this game does not sell, and shortfall would have to be eaten by MLSE. Would that come out of the overall budget for TFC?? Not sure. I guess that depends on how they revenues and costs are accounted.

dcdcdc
This is a friggin "optional" soccer friendly, not a war where people lose their lives... this is the MLS of all things. The seriousness of this situation is plain stupid..

if its a bust, its for MLSE to deal with.. not anybody else. MLSE is good at what it does and we know how they operate, they have 20k of us suckers already in there every game. The way to protest is stop subscribing to season tickets, thats it.. no other way. I'll still be going, it's better entertainment for me than anything else.

Inswingingwingman
06-08-2009, 09:24 PM
As this is not considered inappropriate for Youtube or Much music..this may be relevant...bear with it for a bit, it's about lube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WoQQ-mAQeE

TFC-TFC
06-08-2009, 09:26 PM
We should drive down to Washingtong, DC to watch Real Madrid...much cheaper. 2 game package= Real Madrid + another home game starting at $55.

druid
06-08-2009, 09:27 PM
if its a bust, its for MLSE to deal with.. not anybody else.

In this case, where do you think they will file the loss?

Hooligan69
06-08-2009, 09:29 PM
This board suffers from multiple personality disorder.

olegunnar
06-08-2009, 09:32 PM
I strongly suspect there will be no yellow zone for renewal next season, it'll be brought up into line with light grey pricing.

You heard it here first.

Yup

Actually OLOE has said in the past he's heard the suits complain the south end is underpriced

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 09:35 PM
This is a friggin "optional" soccer friendly, not a war where people lose their lives... this is the MLS of all things. The seriousness of this situation is plain stupid..

if its a bust, its for MLSE to deal with.. not anybody else. MLSE is good at what it does and we know how they operate, they have 20k of us suckers already in there every game. The way to protest is stop subscribing to season tickets, thats it.. no other way. I'll still be going, it's better entertainment for me than anything else.

This is the attitude to have when you are not a supporter, and I am all for it, for some people.

Essentially, you are a consumer. You go 'cause it's fun. You have the disposable income to spend. And are not emotionally invested in it. So long as you find it fun, you will go. Once it bores you...you won't come back or come back less. We can't do that.

A supporter goes well beyond. We are emotionally invested. We have spent far more than the cost of tickets. We have spent out of pocket on banners, road trips, gear. Our match day is actually a match week. Team leaders and the executive spend 7 days a week dealing with match day issues.

After all of that...to ask us not to be emotionally invested is ridiculous. It's the work of other people that's creating that "atmosphere" you are spending your money to be a part of. So if you don't want to do what we do...that's ok. You don't have to. But to look down on how people feel about what's going on is the height of hubris. You are benefitting from the efforts of others. So while you can piggyback on someone elses work, I suggest you don't complain when they demand a little return on their effort. After all, we are not asking for money or recognition...we just want a product on the pitch we can be proud of and a FO that treats all fans and supporters with respect.

dcdcdc
06-08-2009, 09:36 PM
People know what they signed on for with MLSE at the helm. No money will ever be put into this team. Accept things for what they are, a mediocre team, or abandon ship now. They will never change and thats just being a realist. Fighting this is like pissing in the wind..

In this case, where do you think they will file the loss?

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Yup

Actually OLOE has said in the past he's heard the suits complain the south end is underpriced

They are already the highest priced tickets in the league...would they really give fans the finger this way?

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Looking forward to the Real Madrid Game...but more important then that is them team coiming firedup against the Red Bulls this weekend..They need to step up NOW. with the 2 New York Games 6 points is a must..anything less inunacceptable..and may be a lost season.

flatpicker
06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Yup

They are already the highest priced tickets in the league...would they really give fans the finger this way?

If they really felt compelled to increase south end prices...
I would hope they install a small North Section where supporter club members can all head into.

Not a bad plan actually...
Put in about a 1000 seat section for supporters, while maintaining the low cost,
then increase the south end ticket prices just enough to help cover costs for the new north stand
- It's a win-win!

or at least it seems that way until one of you tell me where my logic is flawed.

stretchthetruth
06-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Personally I have my fingers crossed that Anselmi/Beirne have excellent market research saying casuals will snap up all the tickets and all that cash goes to a grass or DP fund. But...

What happens if they've priced the tickets too high and they don't sell?
Are Real going to wave their appearance fee?
Does TFC have a get out clause?
Are MLSE going to make up the loss and cost of the temporary grass pitch?

If it doesn't go to plan and the answers to the above questions are the wrong ones, I can see huge freaking hole in the TFC budget that will be there for years to come. And that will suck.

i was just talking about this today... if it were anyone other than mlse, it may be a plausible scenario - score a big load of cash off people who otherwise may not patronize bmo, then put it towards the team - and the supporters benefit from it...

however, its doubtful that this is the case from an organization that pats itself on the back for its successful 'marketing' thats made toronto the best supported team in the mls...

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 10:02 PM
or at least it seems that way until one of you tell me where my logic is flawed.

there are 3000 tickets in the supporter section

your logic is to save 1000 of them and leave 2000 shafted.

Walnut
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Those prices are way out of my league. My only hope from this whole episode is that they will leave the grass down...!

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Those prices are way out of my league. My only hope from this whole episode is that they will leave the grass down...!

Why? the stuff is dead, it only gets worse with use and can't be maintained.

If we do get grass permanently, we have to refit the stadium to allow for drainage.

jasonbanks
06-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Bottom line is yes, well will remain fans, fans of the players, and not the organization. I am and always will be a fan of the home team, and I think most of us will.

We are subject to the separation of sport and business, the disconnect between a 'fan' and business development. A fan of any Toronto team has only two choices, watch on tv, or second mortgage.

If the Toronto FC organization had any respect for the fans, the ones who are there for the team in good and bad (where's the Leafs supporter section?), they would give a public statement in responce to the fan's feelings and judgements. We're not hiding it! There's no need to threaten to non-renew, but pick up the phone, every last one of you, call your account manager and make your voice heard.

For what it's worth, I might have stretched it and paid ~150 for a pair to go, but that is not even within sight.

S_D
06-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Well look on the bright side...

They aren't making you buy seasons tickets to the marlies for the rights to buy a RM ticket :)

james
06-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Price is a rip off, i cant afford these Real Madrid prices!

Bet the atmosphere is gonna be quite dead come game day, most supporters cant afford these prices for a friendly.

I_AM_CANADIAN
If they really felt compelled to increase south end prices...
I would hope they install a small North Section where supporter club members can all head into.

Not a bad plan actually...
Put in about a 1000 seat section for supporters, while maintaining the low cost,
then increase the south end ticket prices just enough to help cover costs for the new north stand
- It's a win-win!

I'd ideally like to see a north stand with no seats, but that's probably just a pipe dream... This is MLS, after all.

Roogsy
Don't give them any ideas! :lol:

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-08-2009, 10:39 PM

They aren't making you buy seasons tickets to the marlies for the rights to buy a RM ticket :)
You'd better hope MLSE marketing people aren't reading this thread...

S_D
06-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Don't give them any ideas! :lol:

haha just a little tongue in cheek.

I actually expected some Marlies crap thrown in, but I guess even MLSE isn't that nuts :D.

but then again... i am sure they considered it.

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 10:43 PM
This may be the worst PR exercise I have ever seen.

The lack of damage control this last two weeks is telling.

They want us out, the supporters have done their job, now it's time to replace them with well behaved suits and their clients.

james
06-08-2009, 10:46 PM

It was Celtic vs Roma on a saturday and they sold out 50,000 tickets. I had 3rd row upper bowl, i paid $50 a ticket, i believe the whole upper bowl tickets were $50. I think lower bowl tickets were around $100 and near the very front row was around $140 or so.

The night before was Liverpool vs Porto, i believe the prices were the same, the attendence that night was around 40,000. Was suprisingly that Liverpool didnt sell out.

But back then that was the only footy you could really see in Toronto. So fans didnt have other season matches to go see. So i dont know, with so many other TFC games to see this might not be the easiest tickets to sell, have to wait and see i guess.

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 10:49 PM
The problem is that this is a world-class team vs....well...they are our boys, but this is a below-average team in a below-average league. Without any atmosphere...do people really want to go? I guess we will find out.

Celtic vs Roma...shoot...I'd pay $100 to see that even today.

Pachuco
06-08-2009, 10:51 PM
This may be the worst PR exercise I have ever seen.

The lack of damage control this last two weeks is telling.

They want us out, the supporters have done their job, now it's time to replace them with well behaved suits and their clients.

If Paul actually had any balls he would come on these boards and address the supporters. He sure likes coming here when people are kissing his ass, watching him hide now is amusing.

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 10:53 PM
^ To be fair...if he did show his face around here it could get ugly and he knows it. While I would love to hear from him, the truth is that it probably really is best he stay away for a while.

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 10:55 PM
If Paul actually had any balls he would come on these boards and address the supporters. He sure likes coming here when people are kissing his ass, watching him hide now is amusing.

Paul isn't MLSE, any more than I am TFC's supportership.

To be honest, I find the knifing he's gotten a bit distasteful, but when you swim with sharks.....

Pachuco
06-08-2009, 10:56 PM
^ To be fair...if he did show his face around here it could get ugly and he knows it. While I would love to hear from him, the truth is that it probably really is best he stay away for a while.

You are right, it's lose lose for him at this point. Stay away and people like me tell you you have no balls. Come on here and people like me will tell you you are a scumbag :)

He lost alot of people who respected him before this fiasco. I hope he atleast realizes what he and the organization have done. Bah, who am I kidding, he'll get a promotion a soon as Real Madrid sells out.

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Paul isn't MLSE, any more than I am TFC's supportership.

To be honest, I find the knifing he's gotten a bit distasteful, but when you swim with sharks.....

This is very true. At the end of the day, Paul is the BUSINESS DIRECTOR of TFC. It is his job to make money for the team, not look after the football side of things. What I am appalled at mostly is the fact that those who SHOULD know better, the supposed "football" people in the organization didn't warn him beforehand of the reaction.

The stuff that was said about him was really out of line. That's not to say he didn't screw up. I firmly believe he did. But we really showed a lack of control over ourselves and our emotions.

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 10:59 PM
You are right, it's lose lose for him at this point. Stay away and people like me tell you you have no balls. Come on here and people like me will tell you you are a scumbag :)

He lost alot of people who respected him before this fiasco. I hope he atleast realizes what he and the organization have done. Bah, who am I kidding, he'll get a promotion a soon as Real Madrid sells out.

Hahaha....the poor soul that comes in after him has no idea...no idea.

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Paul hasn't lost my respect, much of what we have was initiated by his vision, he worked his arse off to help us make it a reality and he never really doubted that we would bring it, when sports media were writing the team's supportership off even after tickets started selling out.

It's a shame it's all going to end in another corporate jamboree, and I dont think Paul will be responsible for what happens next. His hands are tied.

That's not to say we shouldn't be giving him a piece of our mind, but the loss of respect and souring of the relationship between the supporters and PB can't be a good thing.

ensco
06-08-2009, 11:45 PM
I just don't have the energy to read all 14 pages on this, so if someone else has already said this, sorry....

MLSE know full well that a high percentage of the SSH (say 80%) will decline, but they think the waiting list people and the RM fanatics will mop up the seats.

I'm disappointed. They've pushed it too far. The SSH and supporters should be there, and they mostly won't be.

I will bet anyone a pint that this will fail. They will have a nice corporate event, sell 13,000 seats, pretend it's a sellout. The players will jog, their hearts won't be in it (which is maybe a good thing, helps keep injuries down).

I'm already over it. I've come over to the "no summer friendlies" brigade. In the meantime, River Plate is not a bad game. See you there.

Erkan16
06-08-2009, 11:50 PM
common guys. while i detest MLSE, you cant fault them for charging this much because there will be people willing to pay.

i will pass on this game because i dont care about Real, but if a Turkish team like Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, or Besiktas were in town i would be willing to spend upwards of $200 a ticket to go watch.

point... Real Madrid fans will pay and turn BMO into their home pitch.

CretanBull
06-08-2009, 11:52 PM
^ You're insane.

tfcgk
06-09-2009, 12:01 AM
For anyone else interested I am choosing to attend the Jays/Orioles game at Rogers Centre that night. Feel free to join, hell I might even wear my TFC jersey to that game.

werewolf
06-09-2009, 12:03 AM
For anyone else interested I am choosing to attend the Jays/Orioles game at Rogers Centre that night. Feel free to join, hell I might even wear my TFC jersey to that game.

Get a group rate, and bring a few dozen folk in TFC jerseys, that would be excellent.

ensco
06-09-2009, 12:04 AM
^ You're insane.

No there's at least 1,000 people like that for each one of the top 50 teams in Europe.

There were definitely a couple thousand of them at the Benfica game.

But it's not enough.

The city will be awash in tickets. Which will hurt the attractiveness of this to the corporate crowd. As Paul has said, the single greatest asset of the team is the scarcity of the ticket.

They won't be scarce for this one.

MLSE may well lose money on this. The RM fee and the cost of grass are a big nut (guess is $1.25-1.50 million combined).

CretanBull
06-09-2009, 12:17 AM
If Leeds came to town and tickets were "upwards of $200", I'd expect to sit on the bench and get blown by one of the player's wives.

ilikemusic
06-09-2009, 12:18 AM
I just don't have the energy to read all 14 pages on this, so if someone else has already said this, sorry....

MLSE know full well that a high percentage of the SSH (say 80%) will decline, but they think the waiting list people and the RM fanatics will mop up the seats.

I'm disappointed. They've pushed it too far. The SSH and supporters should be there, and they mostly won't be.

I will bet anyone a pint that this will fail. They will have a nice corporate event, sell 13,000 seats, pretend it's a sellout. The players will jog, their hearts won't be in it (which is maybe a good thing, helps keep injuries down).

I'm already over it. I've come over to the "no summer friendlies" brigade. In the meantime, River Plate is not a bad game. See you there.

I echo everything in this post.

I think this game has 'Bills in Toronto' written all over it.

jabbronies
06-09-2009, 08:17 AM

What if they GAVE you Marlie Season tickets for free with your Real Madrid ticket.

1. would that be a seeling point for you to buy the Madrid ticket

2. If you were buying the Madrid ticket anyways, would you go see the Marlies??

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2009, 08:32 AM
I echo everything in this post.

I think this game has 'Bills in Toronto' written all over it.

Agree in principle it's a travesty but they don't need the numbers of casuals they did for that Bills fiasco. This game will make it's money back IMO. The only question i wish could be answered is how many of those will become at least casuals for TFC?

flatpicker
06-09-2009, 08:36 AM
there are 3000 tickets in the supporter section

your logic is to save 1000 of them and leave 2000 shafted.

but would that be 2000 people who bought tickets in the supporter section with no interest in being in a supporter club?

Just saying... if you are going to call something a supporter section... then it should be just that.

MLSE has the ways and means to get all the supporters into one spot with little cost.
They should do it... it would probably cut down on a lot of headaches for them if they stuck us all in the same location and away from those that get annoyed by our antics.

Maple Leaf Red
06-09-2009, 09:05 AM
but would that be 2000 people who bought tickets in the supporter section with no interest in being in a supporter club?

Just saying... if you are going to call something a supporter section... then it should be just that.

MLSE has the ways and means to get all the supporters into one spot with little cost.
They should do it... it would probably cut down on a lot of headaches for them if they stuck us all in the same location and away from those that get annoyed by our antics.

Bingo. There are so many ways that they could solve the problem and unite all of the supporters but they are too lazy to do it. Or stupid. I am going with the former but it's starting to look like the latter might be right.

Maple Leaf Red
06-09-2009, 09:08 AM
People know what they signed on for with MLSE at the helm. No money will ever be put into this team. Accept things for what they are, a mediocre team, or abandon ship now. They will never change and thats just being a realist. Fighting this is like pissing in the wind..

Except for all of the money that they have always put into the Leafs.

Cuz
06-10-2009, 09:24 AM
It's not so much about money being put into the team as it is the team being allowed to spend that money. Salary caps kill teams! It will happen to TFC same way it happens to the Leafs every year! If we could spend our money the same way every other top team in just about every other league in just about every other sport in the world can... then the Leafs would be in contention for a cup every year!

rocker
06-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Salary caps kill teams!

Doesn't seem to kill the Detroit Red Wings in the NHL :)

Salary caps don't kill teams, dumb management kills teams. :)

bertal
06-10-2009, 09:46 PM
does anybody recall the aston villa ticket prices? i dugg out one of my old AV tickets and it read 152.00$ or 52.00$... i wasn't sure, but the ticket is pretty faded.

JonO
06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Paul hasn't lost my respect, much of what we have was initiated by his vision, he worked his arse off to help us make it a reality and he never really doubted that we would bring it, when sports media were writing the team's supportership off even after tickets started selling out.

It's a shame it's all going to end in another corporate jamboree, and I dont think Paul will be responsible for what happens next. His hands are tied.

That's not to say we shouldn't be giving him a piece of our mind, but the loss of respect and souring of the relationship between the supporters and PB can't be a good thing.
Very good post Exiled... I agree 100%.

I'd like to add that some people were/are taking things out personally on Paul which is uncalled for. Complain all you want but leave the personal insults out of it.

JonO
06-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm not sure what to expect for this game. I know I have asked several friend who have tickets if they are going and they all said yes. I know if I don't buy my seats I have already be approached by people at work asking for them to take clients.

andyc
06-10-2009, 10:34 PM

Agreed. I have mentioned this to a number of my friends that will pay big ticket prices for this type of game but no one is interested. Don't get me wrong I think they will get a good number of people there but not enough to get rich on... Maybe MLSE will get their calculator out and find out what could have happened if they'd managed to have sold 7,000 more tickets at a lower price...

Wait for the phone calls from our reps at the end of July... I can hear the script now - We have a few great seats left... Don't worry, you don't have to pay for your expensive seats I can find some in section [fill in the blank]...

Maybe they'll reintroduce youth pricing for the game?? :D

Now I'm really dreaming!!

calitfcfan
06-11-2009, 04:11 AM
More fodder for your enjoyment: Los Galacticos 2009, with Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo, and more to come?

DOMIN8R
06-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Other than a few small miscalculations, PB has done everything right. I have great respect for him. No one, in any, MLS FO would give fans the amount of attention and consideration that he has given TFC fans from our inception until now. Including Seattle.

It makes me sick that so many here blame him. Clearly these are not fans who understand sports marketing and operations management. If anyone thinks PB could be replaced by anyone better - they are fooling themselves. I can't imagine anyone being able to balance MLSE, fan and corporate partners expectations the way PB appears to.

RM will sellout. The media will give it an enormous amount of attention.

And, once again, PB willl have demonstrated that he can make miracles happen against the odds. Then a vocal minority will come on here and bitch and complain as though some great unjustice was done and blame PB for being a *%^#$@!

:rant:

Shakes McQueen
06-11-2009, 05:40 AM
Sounds like none other than Cristiano Ronaldo may be in attendance, if "reports" out of Manchester and Madrid are to be believed.

- Scott

brad
06-11-2009, 06:10 AM
Sounds like none other than Cristiano Ronaldo may be in attendance, if "reports" out of Manchester and Madrid are to be believed.

- Scott

If there ever were any doubts about this selling out, those are gone now. The Ronaldo fanboys will be going crazy.

pubboy
06-11-2009, 06:15 AM
There's another reason i definately wont be going - i wouldnt pay $10 to go and see that piece of shit play - even if it is just for 10 minutes

Stugatzo
06-11-2009, 06:24 AM
I hate c. ronaldo with a passion, but if he and Kaka make the trip, this event's as good as sold (out).

Inswingingwingman
06-11-2009, 06:37 AM
If they are coming, you bet your bottom dollar some scalper wants your ticket bad. Just saying.....

ensco
06-11-2009, 06:39 AM
I hate c. ronaldo with a passion, but if he and Kaka make the trip, this event's as good as sold (out).

The Ronaldo signing totally changes my view on the likelihood of a sellout. (The Kaka signing didn't.)

Nodoubtguy
06-11-2009, 06:51 AM
lol....how much do you want to sell your ticket for now??? $500??? more???

pubboy
06-11-2009, 06:55 AM
to scalp, or not to scalp. That is the question.
You got me thinking now. Do i buy my 4 seats and get some scalper to pay big bucks to buy them off me, or do i just not bother ?....

Hooligan69
06-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Those who buy tickets become part of the problem.

brad
06-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Keep in mind that earlier this week (or last, I forget) they said that Ronaldo was likely due to miss pre-season with injury.

Tickets will be long bought and scalped though before thats known.

Rochdale
06-11-2009, 07:57 AM
l dont think Kaka will be here, especailly if Brazil make it all the way to the final of the Confederations Cup. Can someone confirm if FIFA rules states that players must have 4-6 weeks off at season's end??

Shway
06-11-2009, 08:18 AM
is anyone willing to sell their tickets to me PM
Real Madrid is my team, would be great to get tickets if someone isnt going

JonO
06-11-2009, 08:23 AM
l dont think Kaka will be here, especailly if Brazil make it all the way to the final of the Confederations Cup. Can someone confirm if FIFA rules states that players must have 4-6 weeks off at season's end??
The finals are about 6 weeks before the friendly, no?

menefreghista
06-11-2009, 08:35 AM

The Conferderations Cup ends on June 28.....

Pachuco
06-11-2009, 08:45 AM
ARRGH. I'll have a really hard time saying no to MLSE if Ronaldo signs. You are talking about the reignin FIFA Player of the Year 2 years in a row. This guy is at his peak. Pretty hard to pass up an opportunity like that.

And Kaka, another FIfa player of the year, another incredible player who to me is still at his peak.

FUCK, I don't want to buy this tickets, but how am I supposed to say no?

Hooligan69
06-11-2009, 08:57 AM
ARRGH. I'll have a really hard time saying no to MLSE if Ronaldo signs. You are talking about the reignin FIFA Player of the Year 2 years in a row. This guy is at his peak. Pretty hard to pass up an opportunity like that.

And Kaka, another FIfa player of the year, another incredible player who to me is still at his peak.

It'd be funny if they don't even step on the pitch.

menefreghista
06-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Ronaldo is hurt. Maybe that will help your decision.

pubboy
06-11-2009, 09:59 AM

No !
Still not worth that amount of cash - sorry.

Richard D
06-11-2009, 10:03 AM
How many tix are we allowed to grab? I have 5 seasons... is that only 5 Im allowed to get, or 1 extra for each seasons ticket? Couldnt find it anywhere on the site.

GabrielHurl
06-11-2009, 10:04 AM

no he's not

brad
06-11-2009, 10:10 AM

Word is now that he is okay.

Pachuco
06-11-2009, 10:11 AM
no he's not

Oh yes, my bad, not two years in a row (unless he wins this year). He's still the reignin champ.

Pachuco
06-11-2009, 10:11 AM

It's a hernia operation. There is no easier and more routine operation that you could possibly have. I've had one.

TOBOR !
06-11-2009, 10:12 AM
I bear no ill will to anyone on this board who wishes to buy these tickets and sell them for a profit.

Hooligan69
06-11-2009, 10:13 AM
I bear no ill will to anyone on this board who wishes to buy these tickets and sell them for a profit.

MLSE will still laugh all the way to the bank. They get what they want.

Suds
06-11-2009, 10:14 AM
How many tix are we allowed to grab? I have 5 seasons... is that only 5 Im allowed to get, or 1 extra for each seasons ticket? Couldnt find it anywhere on the site.

You are allowed to buy your seats. Any not sold will be made available to the Gold & Red waiting lists. Any remaining will be made available for general sale.

Richard D
06-11-2009, 10:15 AM
got it!

Suds
06-11-2009, 10:16 AM

Real's latest signing sure will help boost the profile of this game. MLSE could not have bought better marketing.

alexintoronto
06-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Reminds me of that time in 2007 when David Beckham was going to play at BMO.

Nodoubtguy
06-11-2009, 10:31 AM
anyone passing up on their tickets in the South End, please let me know as I might be looking for a pair for a friend of mine

flatpicker
06-11-2009, 10:32 AM
anyone passing up on their tickets in the South End, please let me know as I might be looking for a friend of mine

did you lose him in the South End?

Nodoubtguy
06-11-2009, 10:34 AM
did you lose him in the South End?

lol....fixed

tim90
06-11-2009, 10:41 AM
i need a pair

Parkdale
06-11-2009, 10:45 AM
i need a pair

a pair of what?

Hooligan69
06-11-2009, 10:48 AM
a pair of what?

Maybe he needs a pair of shoes?

Razor
06-11-2009, 10:50 AM
a pair of what?

balls maybe?

Kevvv
06-11-2009, 10:52 AM
maybe he needs an au pair?

Inswingingwingman
06-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Cojones, a pair?

Aroundtheworld
06-11-2009, 11:37 AM
I would be willing to buy a pair of Supporter's Section tickets at face value from anyone who isn't going

sully
06-11-2009, 11:56 AM
so I'm buying mine to give them to someone else... So for section 111 it looks like $300 for two and I see that includes taxes. However, does anyone know if there'll be BS fees like "service/convienience" charges etc?

TOBOR !
06-11-2009, 01:13 PM

perhaps, but they have also given us the ability to profit in this venture as well. Perhaps we should take them up on it. Take the discount and sell to the highest bidder.

CretanBull
06-11-2009, 02:39 PM
a pair of what?

What else - media guides :D

Hooligan69
06-11-2009, 02:43 PM
What else - media guides :D

TTC route maps?

billygrieveuk
06-11-2009, 04:00 PM
i spent 140 pounds for a real madrid ticket once...
champions league FINAL in glasgow 2002.

thats about $300.

friendly games are boring and mean zero.
what is the point of this game.
and who benefits...

The Kingpin
06-12-2009, 04:08 AM
perhaps, but they have also given us the ability to profit in this venture as well. Perhaps we should take them up on it. Take the discount and sell to the highest bidder.

I think that's an excellent idea - start recouping some dollars... We should thank them - it'll make it easier to same some dosh on seasons for next year...

ensco
06-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than smart. I really thought MLSE had overreached, but now....this has turned into a remarkable coup for MLSE.

Real Madrid, today, would if they could scrap the Toronto and Washington friendlies, and roll Ronaldo out in from of 100,000 people in Japan or China. Whatever RM are getting from MLS, it pales besides what RM could get today.

Fort York Redcoat
06-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than smart. I really thought MLSE had overreached, but now....this has turned into a remarkable coup for MLSE.

Real Madrid, today, would if they could scrap the Toronto and Washington friendlies, and roll Ronaldo out in from of 100,000 people in Japan or China. Whatever RM are getting from MLS, it pales besides what RM could get today.

I'm sure this visit has more to do with world market research. When was the last time they were on Asia? If not this year it'll be next year and around they go...

Juanito
06-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Jelly often used for anal sex LOL Lube as it were.

HOW do you know that?

TorontoBlades
06-12-2009, 08:35 AM
The one thing I do find interesting is that the tickets get released to us on the 15th. Payday, everyone has the money on those days :)

TorontoBlades
06-12-2009, 08:36 AM
HOW do you know that?

Girls have bums too...how did YOU know that? :rolleyes: