PDA

View Full Version : Wynne off to South Africa

johnmolinaro
06-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Talked to Chris Cummins about Marvell's Confederations Cup adventure. Here's what he said about it:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/FIFAconfederationscup/News/story/2009/06/08/sp-f-confed-wynne-usa.html

While you're at it, check out our special Confederations Cup section:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/FIFAconfederationscup/

Cheers,
John Molinaro
CBCSports.ca

JonO
06-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Do you think he'll mind bringing me back a couple of things...? ;)

tim90
06-08-2009, 02:45 PM
i need a email address for toronto fc media intren staff

C.Ronaldo
06-08-2009, 03:36 PM
please tell CBC thank you for carrying this tournament

at least its an effort on CBCs part

johnmolinaro
06-08-2009, 04:26 PM

dude, enough already.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-08-2009, 05:08 PM
please tell CBC thank you for carrying this tournament

at least its an effort on CBCs part

yeah having some games only on the net...priceless:(

flatpicker
06-08-2009, 05:09 PM
^ seriously... don't listen to anything tim90 has to say.

I don't blame Tim personally for his wacked out comments...
I blame the little voices in his head.

johnmolinaro
06-09-2009, 08:19 AM

Tim,

I didn't appreciate you calling me and leaving a message on my office voice mail.

Nor do I appreciate you sending me messages and emails with your requests for Toronto FC media guides.

Be crazy on your own time, not on mine.

John

Parkdale
06-09-2009, 08:27 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

John, welcome to the running gag that is Tim90

olegunnar
06-09-2009, 08:39 AM
I think the Americans are smart in the way they pick their rosters.

They have their A team and it's pretty set. For other games they mix and match, and one thing I've noticed is they like to give young "talents" a few games.

My theory is that they do it to help them with work visas. The work visa eligibility for players without EU passports is predicated on % of national team call ups.

Now think of the Lombardos, the Edgars, the De Guzmans...their parents saw their ability and shipped them off to Europe for the best coaching and opportunities possible.

I think the American National team set up does this as well. Wynne and Edu are great examples. neither has played in a meaningful game for the US adn chances are they won't ever, but Edu somehow managed to get enough call ups, and Wynn is on his way. Inspite of how badly they've played in the American shirt
So now instead of Mojo and Carver, Edu gets developed my the backroom staff at Rangers. TFC vs Rangers....who has better coaching?

Another example is Guzan the keeper. No way he was ever going to be ahead of Freidal and Howard and even back when Keller...but somehow he got enough games in and now instead of Preki, Martin Oneal and his staff are working with him.

Smart in my opinion.

flatpicker
06-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Tim90 says, "I got need too tikets in good seat but look for book picutres in BMO media book TFC rocks!"

olegunnar
06-09-2009, 08:45 AM
I always thought Tim90 was a front office joke.
Kind of like the "mo stole my stapler" gag.

flatpicker
06-09-2009, 08:53 AM
^ oh he's real alright!