PDA

View Full Version : Dichio's Injury in Montreal?

Gobi
06-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Just realised I haven't read any details on this at all!

Is there a thread somewhere, or an article I missed?

Thanks.

TFC Cityboy
06-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi Gobi
Groin strain aggravated just before HT. He was touch and go for theLA game so it can't be too bad and it sounds like he may be fit for Houston from what I read...tho I doubt he'll get his place back for now. Nice problem for us to have eh.
Cheers

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-02-2008, 01:37 PM
seems to be the hips...again!! Or the groin!! Really just think its the old war injuries flaring up again!!

I think we rest the big guy for awile and ride cunny for now!!

We'll need danny in the crunch when were battling for a playoff spot come seasons end!

Broadview
06-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Nigel said he'd been nursing a sore groin for a couple weeks. Not really worth risking making it worse playing on a wet surface if you ask me.

I imagine that's why we didn't see Landycakes on Saturday either.

stugautz
06-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Give the injury time, between Jarrod Smith and Cunningham, we could afford to keep him as a reserve if needed. Plus July is going to be a pretty hectic month, so we'll want him nice and fresh for then.

Don Julio
06-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Godamn real grass.

giambac
06-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Give the injury time, between Jarrod Smith and Cunningham, we could afford to keep him as a reserve if needed. Plus July is going to be a pretty hectic month, so we'll want him nice and fresh for then.

Agreed,

Cunny and Smith were a dangerous tandem and worked well together. I would start the same 2 at forward the next game vs. Houston. Our attack was solid on Saturday.

Kevvv
06-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Godamn real grass.

:lol:

Happened in the box in Mtl, as he was fighting for a ball in the air. You could see that he could feel it when it happened.

ensco
06-02-2008, 02:28 PM
He was really limping at the kickoff dinner

He was rushed back last year, it didn't work

Better to sit him for a couple of weeks now (not that I have any idea how serious it is)

TFC_Toon
06-02-2008, 04:46 PM
TFC website lists him as questionable with a "adductor", thigh muscle strain I believe.
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/news/

I believe he was favouring this injury prior to the Montreal match but it appears to have gotten worse.

Nerepis
06-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Godamn real grass.

I blame the CSA

Parkdale
06-02-2008, 08:06 PM
I've got it on video......

not his groin, but the play that caused the injury. coming very soon....