Bench:
Ricketts
Smith
Barrett
Sutton
Edwards
Gomez
Gala

just try something new, bring someone else in, something, clearly what we've been trying to do has not been working.

jloome
06-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Dude, this is a 3-2-5 As someone noted in another thread on this weekend, for reasons of tactical suicide no-one has played this formation since about 1971.

Velvet Elvis
Velez and Harmse at the back is way to shaky.

GabrielHurl
Ibrahim has a concussion

no Brennan?

Yohan
06-08-2009, 11:53 AM
that formation is like reminicient of early days of season 1... ugh

oh, the Shite Bulls play 3 in the back in a lot of games. hence why they are shite

3 in the back only works if you have really good defenders and DMs who can hold the ball and break up opposition attacking plays. something TFC haven't been able to do on a consistent basis

poppamidnight
06-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Velez and Harmse at the back is way to shaky.

LMFAO... I know when I first read this I had to rub my eyes to make sure my vision was blurred....

Who in the hell could possibly want Velez and Harmse in the back together?

Velez was HORRIBLE last game... Bar none the worst man on the pitch...
He couldn't mark Lake Ontario if that was his duty!!!

Absoultely BRUTAL defending... He should never see the light of day coming off the bench ever again...ever

And HArmse??
Next to Barrett's he's our #2 of the big-3 turd-piles.

Dude is just bad....
I'd almost prefer Marco Reda or Adam Braz to him....
...well maybe not, he's ever so slightly better than the two stooges but that doesn't say much since my grandma...replaced hip and all, is slightly better than Reda or Braz....

FAIL.
Velez + Harmse = LOSS...

Put the rookie in over those two.

maninb
06-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Assuming injuries and duty:

------------Frei-----------
---Serioux-Velez-Harmse---
------Guevara-Robo--------
-Cronin------------Ibraham-
------Vitti-Dichio-DeRo-----

Bench:
Ricketts
Smith
Barrett
Sutton
Edwards
Gomez
Gala

just try something new, bring someone else in, something, clearly what we've been trying to do has not been working.

Velez and Harmse together? Hopefully you're being sarcastic...if not you don't know SH*T about the game....

NateDoGG
06-08-2009, 01:50 PM
ricketts should be Starting.

prizby
06-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Ibrahim has a concussion

no Brennan?

Brennan's ankle is bad from what i heard and i also heard ibrahim would be ready by weekend though thats more of a 50/50ish

i was hoping to see more attack here with Robo playing back a tad more to help out.

I don't know who else anyone would suggest at the back. Gomez maybe?...I mean Wynne is gone, Nana is hurt, brennan's ankle???...how about gabe gala?

based on the lack of depth, harmse and velez will have to play barring any major signing (which we all know won't happen)

If Ibby is still not ready, throw ricketts in there and tell him to run hard all game until he is tired, the sub him

Yohan
06-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Brennan's ankle is bad from what i heard and i also heard ibrahim would be ready by weekend though thats more of a 50/50ish

i was hoping to see more attack here with Robo playing back a tad more to help out.

I don't know who else anyone would suggest at the back. Gomez maybe?...I mean Wynne is gone, Nana is hurt, brennan's ankle???...how about gabe gala?

based on the lack of depth, harmse and velez will have to play barring any major signing (which we all know won't happen)

If Ibby is still not ready, throw ricketts in there and tell him to run hard all game until he is tired, the sub him
quite a bleak situation on the back, isn't it

JDG
06-08-2009, 02:15 PM

Agreed. With all of the players we have injured, and the effective effort he put forward on Saturday, there should be no question if he should be startin v NYRB this weekend.

ExiledRed
06-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Dude, this is a 3-2-5 As someone noted in another thread on this weekend, for reasons of tactical suicide no-one has played this formation since about 1971.

It could be a 3-4-3, and I've seen that as recently as the eighties.

Yohan
06-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Agreed. With all of the players we have injured, and the effective effort he put forward on Saturday, there should be no question if he should be startin v NYRB this weekend.
one half decent game as a sub appearance really shouldn't be used as a benchmark, but I guess we really dont have anyone else to use.

__wowza
06-08-2009, 02:57 PM

yup, he should get the nod after having stepped it up last game.

cochrdoc
06-08-2009, 03:45 PM
The only way you can shake this line up is to make a few trades ,release a player or two and sign a DP or player for the players you release.There are to many of them who are not contributing.Serioux is our only Fullback worth keeping.WE don`t need 3 Keepers when this week it showed we did not have depth on the bench.Our midfield plays in plays in peaks and valleys.Our strikers are goal scoring machines.Let`s send Vitti home and sign a proven finisher.Let`s try and trade Barrett.I am sure Gerba would have more then 2 goals at this point.WE don`t Have any proven wingers.Let`s release Ricketts amd Smith.How about that for a start

trane
06-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Assuming injuries and duty:

---Serioux-Velez-Harmse---

Velez and Harmse side, by side, is a recepy for lots of goals, ......for the other team.

Velez is our third optiion at CB as far as I am concerned, Harmse is a dissater. That partnership is a disaster.

Might as well line up like this;

---Serioux- -----------Velez ---

Ossington Mental Youth
06-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Thats not to mention Cronin, out of position on the wing and Guevara, out of position in DM (thats not to say he coudlnt go forward but cmon).

Nuvinho
06-08-2009, 08:52 PM
----------------------Frei--------------------------
-----Cronin------------Serioux---------------Velez
-----------------Robbo-------Harmse-------------
Vitti------------------------Guevara---------Barrett
------------------DeRo----------------------------
------------------------Dichio---------------------

prizby
06-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Thats not to mention Cronin, out of position on the wing and Guevara, out of position in DM (thats not to say he coudlnt go forward but cmon).

Cronin as played the Right Midfield spot (maybe not the wing so much)...Guevara plays the same role as Robo for the national team, so he wouldn't be out of position what so ever

trane
06-09-2009, 10:12 AM

Yes, I was going to point that out as well, but I am trying not to be too critical.

trane
06-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Cronin as played the Right Midfield spot (maybe not the wing so much)...Guevara plays the same role as Robo for the national team, so he wouldn't be out of position what so ever

Yes, but why brake up a paring of DM, Cronin-Robbo, which has been one of the few constant strenghs of this team?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Especially when Guevara has looked so good going forward and lacks so much going back

trane
06-09-2009, 11:03 AM
^ He does play better further back for his national team, but for us he generaly resists going back, part of it is his age. Going all the way back and then all the way in attack game in and game out is exhausting.

iansmcl
06-09-2009, 11:57 AM
----Attakora----Serioux--------Robbo-------Brennan
--------------------------Cronin---------------------
Vitti-----------------------------------------Ricketts
------------------------Guevara--------------------
---------------DeRo--------------------------------
------------------------------Dichio-----------------

I'd like to experiment with something like this. Everyone's supposed to be centred on their position except DeRo/Dichio who I would put a little off-centre... just too lazy to get it formatted really nice.

I think Robbo is a better leader than Serioux (though maybe not at the back...hence 'experiment') and is a fairly good tackler (sometimes it seems he spends half the game slide tackling people and winning the ball, more importantly) and that would help out at the back... can he really be worse than Velez/Harmse?

Attakora has looked better defensively than Wynne and might be better out wide, shutting down crosses where Wynne gets burned the most, I think.

The main problem I see with this formation is the DeRo/Guevara/Dichio all occupying near the same spot on the field and it getting a little crowded. However, I think that the three of them being as smart as they are will end up with a lot of good chances (see Guevara's first goal against NE)

Be creative in attack, quick short passes and the football IQ required to know when to use the long ball is something I think (I'd damn well hope) most of these guys have. Attakora and Brennan can both move up along the wings and they know when to do it. That's one of the few things I've liked from Brennan this year, actually.

Transactions needed for this formation!
1. See if we can trade Barrett, otherwise use him instead of Dichio when DD needs a rest. If we could trade him I wouldn't expect a 15 goal scorer even but someone who can score 7-10 a season for (even a little) less money would be gangbusters.
2. Try to trade Wynne for a good left-back. I like Brennan's heart but he's just not aging well. And as much as I love Wynne's speed and seeing him make a great run from the back each game, I trust Attakora more defensively.
3. Get a true right winger (or left and move Rohan to the right) instead of Vitti and send Vitti home. I like Vitti, I think if we didn't already have 180 providers on this team he'd be a great fit. He might also make a great replacement for Guevara when he retires or leaves but not at $300k.

Cobblers
06-09-2009, 01:46 PM
----Attakora----Serioux--------Robbo-------Brennan
--------------------------Cronin---------------------
Vitti-----------------------------------------Ricketts
------------------------Guevara--------------------
---------------DeRo--------------------------------
------------------------------Dichio-----------------

I agree with Robbo at the back - I've been saying that for 2 weeks now. Brennan is unlikely to play but Cummins feels Nana has a good chance to play so this would be my suggestion (if Nana is a no-go we may have to take a chance and use Gala in his spot):

Attakora -- Serioux -- Robbo -- Harmse

Ricketts -- Cronin -- Guevara -- DeRo

Vitti -- Dichio

Balanced midfield (Cronin more defensively, Guevara pushing forward) with DeRo playing the position he's been most effective in all season thus far. Vitti can't play out wide so play him down the middle - if he doesn't work out sub him for Barrett.

Just a suggestion...