PDA

View Full Version : I cant believe you people...

YoungBlood113
06-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Before i start i must say, i am one of the most pissed off people in Toronto today. BUT FFS the whole, im giving up my season tickets, im not comming next game, im not chanting blah blah fuckin blah has got to stop. There's about 10-15 teams in the world where losing is not acceptable. And 90% of the people here are fans of said teams. All i got to say is ....... WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD. Teams have their ups and downs for not just a game or two but years and years like us. Ive supported Napoli since i can remember and they have been in second division for most of it. They pack 70K people in everygame and still love their team no matter what. The excuse that we are entitled to victory and if it doesnt hppen im walking is BS. You support your team for the good times and for the bad. Stop bitching! we will overcome this and we will see victory for this club. There are ways to show you want change and walking out and giving up are not one of them.

PATHETIC.

ITS TORONTO TILL I DIE FOR A REASON START SHOWING IT!
:flare::drum::scarf::drum::flare:

Stryker
06-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Five words: Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.

Entirely different breed.

fetajr
06-06-2009, 11:44 PM
who you calling 'you people'?

TFC USA
06-06-2009, 11:46 PM

mclaren
06-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Before i start i must say, i am one of the most pissed off people in Toronto today. BUT FFS the whole, im giving up my season tickets, im not comming next game, im not chanting blah blah fuckin blah has got to stop. There's about 10-15 teams in the world where losing is not acceptable. And 90% of the people here are fans of said teams. All i got to say is ....... WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD. Teams have their ups and downs for not just a game or two but years and years like us. Ive supported Napoli since i can remember and they have been in second division for most of it. They pack 70K people in everygame and still love their team no matter what. The excuse that we are entitled to victory and if it doesnt hppen im walking is BS. You support your team for the good times and for the bad. Stop bitching! we will overcome this and we will see victory for this club. There are ways to show you want change and walking out and giving up are not one of them.

PATHETIC.

YAWN. Great Straw Man argument there my friend. Forget it, we've heard it before. Enjoy your mediocrity and apathetic attitude. True, TRUE supporters stand up and fight this shit - trust me, I've done it all before myself as a fan growing up in England. So don't set up that strawman crap that you can't support your team and protest the owners at the same time.

FluSH
06-06-2009, 11:47 PM

PATHETIC.

Whatta fuck do you do to support your team???? Show me the banners you've painted.... what roadtrips have you gone too? Do you even JUMP at the games?

I'm in love with the TEAM... not MANAGEMENT. For me... the walkout would have been to show MANAGEMENT that we are not going to take THEIR SHIT. and we weren't even going to walk-out we were going to RELOCATE to the Beer Garden!!!

I don't blame none of the players... even Barrett. People have shortcomings, I can't blame them for that. Barrett will never be a Star forward... but he still tries... What irks me is that Management should see the strengths and weaknesses in our players and decide the best course of action...

We are NOT entitled to Victory... but when you lose to USL teams two years in a row, when some of their USL players work full-time and play soccer part-time... and when we have state of the art facilities and trainers.... SOMETHING IS UP.

Now If you wanna talk to the people that walked out be a man and go post on the NEE site...

mclaren
06-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Whatta fuck do you do to support your team???? Show me the banners you've painted.... what roadtrips have you gone too? Do you even JUMP at the games?

I'm in love with the TEAM... not MANAGEMENT. For me... the walkout would have been to show MANAGEMENT that we are not going to take THEIR SHIT. and we weren't even going to walk-out we were going to RELOCATE to the Beer Garden!!!

I don't blame none of the players... even Barrett. People have shortcomings, I can't blame them for that. Barrett will never be a Star forward... but he still tries... What irks me is that Management should see the strengths and weaknesses in our players and decide the best course of action...

We are NOT entitle to Victory... but when you lose to USL teams two years in a row, when some of their USL players work full-time and play soccer part-time... and when we have state of the art facilities and trainers.... SOMETHING IS UP.

Now If you wanna talk to the people that walked out be a man and go post on the NEE site...

Well said.

Pachuco
06-06-2009, 11:49 PM

PATHETIC.

If you honestly think all this shit going on has everything to do with losing then you really should try reading the boards before you post.

masrawy
06-06-2009, 11:50 PM
There are ways to show you want change and walking out and giving up are not one of them.

Players know exactly why we walked out. This is about 2 years of incompetence upstairs.

Start showing it? Not a single person in the stadium can call out our group for not showing it. That's the last I'll say about this, any issues you have bring it up with us on the road.

Oh wait.

FluSH
06-06-2009, 11:50 PM
There is probably 5 people that JUMP in 113... and I can tell you it's pretty good odds this banana is not one of them

PLEASE

Now he comes here Talking about support...

andyc
06-06-2009, 11:51 PM
LOL - I'm a Leeds fan and there are several of us on the board... We know hard times better than most. Does that mean we're OK with the BS we're being served?? NO!!!

Roogsy
06-06-2009, 11:54 PM
YAWN. Great Straw Man argument there my friend. Forget it, we've heard it before. Enjoy your mediocrity and apathetic attitude. True, TRUE supporters stand up and fight this shit - trust me, I've done it all before myself as a fan growing up in England. So don't set up that strawman crap that you can't support your team and protest the owners at the same time.

Seriously. Thank you McClaren. I am tired of this ridiculous argument people are making.

Yeah...the people who run around wanting to give up their seasons tickets, and those that want to sit and pout aren't exactly earning my respect right now.

But the rest of us aren't in that camp either. This "real supporters take all the garbage thrown at them and love it and send back a thank you note" is the most retarded argument I have ever heard. It's like supporters have only two options. Either pretend like nothing's wrong and be lackeys and cheerleaders regardless of what happens, or leave TFC supporting altogether, give up your tickets because you're not worthy of being a part of this.

We forget there is another option. Fight for what you love.

When you see something you don't like, speak up.

When things are heading in the wrong direction...don't coddle, don't pretend like it's ok...do what is within your realm of influence to change things.

It's visionaries that stand up and fight for better, that demand improvements that get things done. And it's apathetic, disinterested, ho-humness that accepts mediocrity.

Elsewhere, I saw someone use Newcastle as an example. Someone conveniently pointed out how Newcastle supporters sang in the final game once their fate was sealed. What these misleading posters forget to point to have been the regular and intense protests the fans have been holding throughout the season. Involvement. Action. That's what supporters do.

We're not a choir people. For heaven's sakes.

Roogsy
06-06-2009, 11:55 PM
+1

For the MLSE haters out there, remember, they're the reason we have a team to talk about.

A lot of us don't care of MLSE owns this team or not...what we want whoever owns the team to do is to take action, balance their money-making ventures with proper football strategies and proper fan appreciation. Right now we are skewing the wrong way. So stop setting up the strawman argument that this is a MLSE issue.

Stryker
06-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Real fans sit through a decade of mediocrity for premiere prices and love it.
The suits just looooove guys like you.

Fushida
06-06-2009, 11:57 PM
+1

For the MLSE haters out there, remember, they're the reason we have a team to talk about.

you're saying 10 years down the road when this team charges double what it is now for season's and the stadium is filled with suits enjoying the "atmosphere" while the team keeps losing because they care more about the concession prices than the on field product ..... that we should be thankful for MLSE because they brought the team here?

:hulk:

Roogsy
06-06-2009, 11:57 PM
There is probably 5 people that JUMP in 113... and I can tell you it's pretty goods odds this banana is not one of them

PLEASE

Now he comes here Talking about support...

Today, it was still painfully obvious who does the talks the talk and who walks the walk in support during the game and after the game.

Sparta
06-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Seriously. Thank you McClaren.
We're not a choir people. For heaven's sakes.

Nicely said -- especially that last line -- People love seeing us for that reason but dont realize thats not what we do -- we are not a choir

Fiin
06-07-2009, 12:03 AM

We are NOT entitled to Victory... but when you lose to USL teams two years in a row, when some of their USL players work full-time and play soccer part-time... and when we have state of the art facilities and trainers.... SOMETHING IS UP.

I would actually prefer he comes to 127 pre game to air it out, since we all know how easy it is to be hardcore on the tubes.. and yah, good points me friend.... well put.

Yohan
06-07-2009, 12:04 AM
before anymore harsh words get thrown out, do we really need more schism between SGs right now, of all the times?

CretanBull
06-07-2009, 12:07 AM

PATHETIC.

It's obvious that you don't understand the issues....

Roogsy
06-07-2009, 12:08 AM
before anymore harsh words get thrown out, do we really need more schism between SGs right now, of all the times?

Very true...however, I would point out that it's one particular SG that has decided to take shots at the groups around them.

That being said...I doubt this thread is heading in a positive direction so we will close it.