PDA

View Full Version : Carver Pre Game

Marco2K
06-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Hey it was cool to see Carver at the tailgate with some of his friends.

They told me they stayed at the same hotel as the galaxy and that last night he ran into some of the players and he told them he was going to set the fire alarm. Sure enough at 5am a fire drill.

Carver seemed nice and so did his friends. He even had a RPB Landy Cake!

Good job to RPB for being such good hosts.

I am sure we all feel like doing what Carver did. Get the hell out here cause MLSE and Mo have no Fuckin CLUE!

Roogsy
06-06-2009, 10:08 PM
It was a thrll for me to see him again.

And I am glad he was welcomed.

All the best to JC in England.

Marco2K
06-06-2009, 10:09 PM
is he going to newcastle forsure

He is a class act.

Ageroo
06-06-2009, 10:10 PM
It was a thrll for me to see him again.

And I am glad he was welcomed.

All the best to JC in England.

Got some good pics at the tailgate....and of course one with your ugly mug and his.....;)

Ageroo
06-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I love the fact he was tailgating with the crew......even had his cup full of guiness I think.....at least it looked like guiness. Oops....I mean coffee!

Dirk Diggler
06-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Even though I am not a fan of Carver AT ALL ... I am also glad that he was received with open arms. You can't hold something against someone for not being up to task ... especially when you have to work under a GM who is extremely incompetent.

ExiledRed
06-06-2009, 10:22 PM
I think were beginning to see that Carver's problems extended beyond the refs, and were likely a little closer to home than has been portrayed.

Like Bob says, you can't make chicken salad with chickenshit.

trane
06-06-2009, 10:55 PM
When Carver first came in, to coach, I thuogh it was the right guys, he said the right things, and at first the team looked better, but then things started to slip, and they never got better. While I still question some of his tactical and selection decisions, at the end of the day Exiled may be right, our roster may be worse then we think.

sulfur
06-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Interestingly, a couple of the guys with JC were telling us that Shearer's not been offered any kind of extension in the 3 weeks since the end of the season and that another week or so and they fully expect him to walk. And he also said that if Shearer walks, JC's not going back to Newcastle at this point.

Marco2K
06-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Wish him the best.

Cummins sounds like he has lost the room. So early in his tenure it might be time for a change.

Nuvinho
06-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Wish him the best.

Cummins sounds like he has lost the room. So early in his tenure it might be time for a change.

I was thinking the same thing! But for TFC to do this, its another PR nightmare....you know, they are all about image and the bottomline.

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2009, 11:06 PM
I was thinking the same thing! But for TFC to do this, its another PR nightmare....you know, they are all about image and the bottomline.

Yeah it's too bad put JC back in that room and shit might get done!! :flare:

Nice to see JC come out and see the boys again. Too bad it wasn't next weekend when I'll be at the game...oh well....all the best to JC hope he can coach my Newcastle back to the prem!! God knows he could get the job done in the Championship.

Carter
06-08-2009, 07:42 AM
is he going to newcastle forsure

He is a class act.

Interestingly, a couple of the guys with JC were telling us that Shearer's not been offered any kind of extension in the 3 weeks since the end of the season and that another week or so and they fully expect him to walk. And he also said that if Shearer walks, JC's not going back to Newcastle at this point.

I was talking with JC and there has been absolutely no indication from NewCastle that he will be heading there, he hasn't talked with them since going back to England...

sulfur
06-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Yah... I definitely got the impression from the two guys that I was talking with that there had been 0 (that's a giant ZERO) communication between the team (Newcastle) and JC.

All of the conversation and communication had been between Shearer, one of his assistants, and JC.

Roogsy
06-08-2009, 10:03 AM
And if Shearer doesn't come back next year (which is looking possible) that means no job for JC. Doesn't sound like the sure-thing some people were guaranteeing he was returning to.

Don Julio
06-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Maybe because Shearer did an even worse job than even Carver - how could you offer him an extension?

CoachGT
06-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Took a little conversation to get JC out to the tailgate, and I'm really glad he made it. However, he asked for a few more Carver scarves than originally anticipated, so a couple of people who ordered more than one may be cut down a bit.....

Ageroo
06-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Took a little conversation to get JC out to the tailgate, and I'm really glad he made it. However, he asked for a few more Carver scarves than originally anticipated, so a couple of people who ordered more than one may be cut down a bit.....

Well I am glad you got to me before he showed up then Gary...thanks again for my scarves!

Stencils
06-08-2009, 10:57 AM

Is the last order received and in hand then, Coach?

CoachGT
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM
^^ It is here. Arrived last week.

Stouffville_RPB
06-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey Coach, can you email me the picture of Carver and I whenever you have time? Thanks for setting that up. It was great to get a few words in with him.

jloome
06-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Newcastle's going to be in Championship, not the Prem. Maybe they'll just hire JC. He has strong ties and has clearly left the impression in the Brit press that when he left, we were on top of the division (which is only true with respect to him vacating the country).