PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC vs. LA Galaxy Post-game Thread

TFC USA
06-06-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm done. I no longer have reason to believe. The season is going down the toilet again.

It's time to protest. I'm there for you guys in spirit here in the US. No more bullshit.

FUCK MLSE. Fuck Marco Velez. Fuck Gina Bucci. Fuck Pablo Vitti. Fist-Fuck Chad Barrett. Fuck Mo Johnston. And FUCK MO JOHNSTON AGAIN!

Inklink
06-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Need a massive "WE DESERVE BETTER" banner.

I'm tired of being let down every week, essentially pissing away half my day waiting for the game and then watching two hours of below-amateur skill level.

Maybe it's the coaching.

Positives... hmmm. Danny Dichio and Ricketts (Rohan).

Crap, the Pens better save my Saturday.

Gixmo
06-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Well, you could certainly hear the boo's loud and clear...

Barrett hanging his head on the bench, Get out you idiot.

This is embarrassing, and we deserve better.

RedsYNWA
Why am I doomed to support LOSER TEAMS
Why can't I be a Barcelona and Spain backer WHY

Yohan
Only guy who showed up was Dichio. The rest... well, they need to wake the fuck up and realize that just because they lost a few games, they can go sulk

On positive note, Rohan Ricketts had his best game in a long time... Even though he really didnt do that much.

I'm disgusted. I don't mind losing, but I will never accept lack of passion and professionalism from the lads.
You work hard and play hard until the final whistle goes.

McFly
06-06-2009, 05:04 PM
This is a new low for the team.

Fire everyone and start over.

TFC USA
06-06-2009, 05:05 PM
We are now the worst team in MLS to me. Regardless of record we are the most inept.

We've all been tricked. Same good start like last year, same shitty summer.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
I think i'll take a few weeks off of rpb.ca.....this site could get ugly!

take care!

RedsYNWA
I'm going to do straight rum shots

napoli73
06-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm going to do straight rum shots

I think i'll join you.

McFly
06-06-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm not going to start making threats about giving up tickets, as I have none to give up, or disown TFC as a club, but I've lost the last shreds of my faith in the staff and 90% of the players.

Velez cost us the game, and our single goal was a real mess that could easily have been just another fuck-up...

TFC07
06-06-2009, 05:09 PM
- Send Marco Velez back to Puerto Rico
- Trade Barrett for a defender or at least some allocation money
- Send Vitti back to Argentina unless he takes a pay cut.
- Dichio, I am going to miss you when the season is over
- Fire Mo Johnson!!!

EDIT: LOL @ Gina Bucci

What's up hate for Gina on here? lol

samconnie
06-06-2009, 05:10 PM
i am glad i was not there

Yohan
06-06-2009, 05:11 PM
I absolutely hate quitters and the lads quit on us after 2nd LA goal

wow. I am so furious, esp since a promising 2nd half

SmokedPanda
06-06-2009, 05:12 PM
dero reminds me of sergei berezin, head down and fires from everywhere..... then again setting up barret is pointless as well

McFly
06-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Well, some positives I suppose to try to cheer myself up.

Dichio was a glimmer of hope. From what was seen of Ricketts he was doing better, though he had an empty net and gave the ball one touch too many. Barrett hit a nice volley that looked on target if it hadn't have been for a defender right in front of him... Frei had a nice miracle save...

I think that's pretty much it.

King Jeff
Get a grip, people.

I can't fathom another 20-page reaction to this game. As somebody already said in here, I think it's time for a break from this site.

jloome
This game wasn't just poorly played, it was tactically inept. We're seriously overusing the direct-attack, all-out 4-3-3. LA is an impatient team (as well) and we should've slowed it down against them.

Redcoe15
06-06-2009, 05:17 PM
FUCKING GET RID OF VELEZ!!! HE FUCKING COST US TWO GOALS!!! PAINT HIM ORANGE CUZ HE'S A FUCKIN PYLON!!!

FUCKING GET RID OF VITTI!!! HE AIN'T WORTH THE SHIT THAT COMES OUT OF HIS ANUS!!!

AND FIST FUCKING GET RID OF THAT FUCKING USELESS CHAD FUCKING BARRETT!!! DO I FUCKING NEED TO SAY FUCKING MORE ABOUT HIS FUCKING USELESSNESS?!!

WE HAD A CHANCE TO MAKE A FUCKING STATEMENT AFTER ALL THE FUCKING SHIT THAT HAS GONE ON IN THE PAST FUCKING WEEK AND WHAT FUCKING HAPPENS?!!

WE FUCKING PLAY THE WORST FUCKING GAME OF THE FUCKING SEASON!!! THIS FUCKING SIDE HAS NO FUCKING PRIDE WHATSO FUCKING EVER!!!

THIS SIDE IS A FUCKING DISGRACE!!! THIS IS WHAT YOU CREATED MO!!! THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE FUCKING GIVEN US!!! ARE YOU FUCKING PROUD OF YOURSELF?!! ARE ANY OF YOU PROUD OF THE FUCKING WAY YOU'VE FUCKING ANSWERED?!! IS THIS HOW ALL OF YOU RESPOND TO OUR ANGER?!!

YOU ALL FUCKING PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!

:mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

TFC USA
06-06-2009, 05:20 PM
FUCKING GET RID OF VELEZ!!! HE FUCKING COST US TWO GOALS!!! PAINT HIM ORANGE CUZ HE'S A FUCKIN PYLON!!!

FUCKING GET RID OF VITTI!!! HE AIN'T WORTH THE SHIT THAT COMES OUT OF HIS ANUS!!!

AND FIST FUCKING GET RID OF THAT FUCKING USELESS CHAD FUCKING BARRETT!!! DO I FUCKING NEED TO SAY FUCKING MORE ABOUT HIS FUCKING USELESSNESS?!!

WE HAD A CHANCE TO MAKE A FUCKING STATEMENT AFTER ALL THE FUCKING SHIT THAT HAS GONE ON IN THE PAST FUCKING WEEK AND WHAT FUCKING HAPPENS?!!

WE FUCKING PLAY THE WORST FUCKING GAME OF THE FUCKING SEASON!!! THIS FUCKING SIDE HAS NO FUCKING PRIDE WHATSO FUCKING EVER!!!

THIS SIDE IS A FUCKING DISGRACE!!! THIS IS WHAT YOU CREATED MO!!! THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE FUCKING GIVEN US!!! ARE YOU FUCKING PROUD OF YOURSELF?!! ARE ANY OF YOU PROUD OF THE FUCKING WAY YOU'VE FUCKING ANSWERED?!! IS THIS HOW ALL OF YOU RESPOND TO OUR ANGER?!!

Fucking great fucking post motherfucker. :p:D;);)

McFly
06-06-2009, 05:20 PM

Couldn't agree more, but I think you could have fit some more "fucks" in there. You really need to hit the message home.

jloome
06-06-2009, 05:22 PM
New swearing record.

I think, like most MLS games, we had some dominant periods and we probably outshot them; that's the problem, we just can't fucking score.

And we still need a CB.

So, same problems as pre-season, nothing's changed. Signing DeRo gave us another quality midfielder (although trying so hard that right now he's coughing it up a lot) and Vitti gave us a low-rent DeRo, who can't score (albeit with major skills).

Still need a striker. Still need a centre back. All together now.....

TFC USA
06-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Need a new GM, ditch the long ball shit that's trickled in, need a new owner.

The less you show up and the less merchandise you buy equals suicide for MLSE.

Lucky Strike
06-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm reduced to never coming to this site unless it's match day. That's how bad it's been the past 10 days or so. That's not to say that people aren't justified in expressing their anger/outrage, just that reading everyone else's along with feeling my own is not good for one's health.

The Kingpin
06-06-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm done. I no longer have reason to believe. The season is going down the toilet again.

It's time to protest. I'm there for you guys in spirit here in the US. No more bullshit.

FUCK MLSE. Fuck Marco Velez. Fuck Gina Bucci. Fuck Pablo Vitti. Fist-Fuck Chad Barrett. Fuck Mo Johnston. And FUCK MO JOHNSTON AGAIN!

What's the deal with her?

Corpand
06-06-2009, 05:27 PM
The best part about our team is that you KNOW what will happen once each player gets his feet to the ball.

Harmse? Run around like a headless chicken and pass to nowhere. A few pushes are in order too.

Barrett? Oh god on second thought Im not gonna continue.....

TFC USA
06-06-2009, 05:27 PM
From the CBC article:

"The Toronto FC again displayed the lack of a finishing touch on Saturday, but defensive gaffes again led to their downfall in a 2-1 loss to the Los Angeles Galaxy."

What the fuck. The Toronto FC?

McFly
06-06-2009, 05:28 PM

I remembered today the TV has a mute button. I think the opportunity to not listen to her was the highlight of the match.

TFC USA
06-06-2009, 05:30 PM

She adds nothing to the broadcast. The Footie Fan Poll is fucking stupid and even if they wanted to do it why not have Mitch do it since he was there?

She is decent looking so "Fuck Gina Bucci" can be interpreted differently. :o

boban
06-06-2009, 05:30 PM
This is a new low for the team.

Fire everyone and start over.
Isn't this said after every TFC loss?

Inswingingwingman
06-06-2009, 05:35 PM
MOM - Danny D. 100%

MOFOOM Offensive Player Chad B.
MOFOOM Defensive Player Marco V.
MOFOOM Front Office MR. Do Nothing MOFO MOJO

I agree with
1. Vitti goes now use the cash to top up to get a real DP.
2. Velez, put him on the Northlander to Moosonee
3. Chad B. can go with him.
4. Hire Don Cherry as sideline coach.
Bring back Brender Errving to the sidelines that Gina Gina couldn't talk..was annoying.

Beach_Red
06-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Isn't this said after every TFC loss?

These last three are special, though.

It's most frustrating because it doesn't have ot be like this. They could spend the money on a DP today and if one or two of the early chances score the whole game is different. Velez doesn't get a chance to lose the game because it would be a different game.

But right now teams aren't worried about playing TFC - they're too easy to defend against, never a real trheat. It's embarrassing to watch.

ensco
06-06-2009, 05:39 PM
This game wasn't just poorly played, it was tactically inept. We're seriously overusing the direct-attack, all-out 4-3-3. LA is an impatient team (as well) and we should've slowed it down against them.

To my eyes, we were playing a formation with 5 strikers in the second half.

If I'm right, we were using a formation last seen in professional football in 1953.

"Tactically inept" would be an understatement.

sampace
06-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Lot's of blame, the team has fallen into the trap of playing long ball, despite supposedly having better players in midfield. Where is our midfield depth? We need to fire Cummins, bring in Holger Osieck and start playing a more attractive game with position of the ball at our feet! Heck even Hart from the Canadian men's team would be an improvement at coach!

DeRosario talks a big game but hardly delivers! This team needs aloto of help in order to be competitive.

Nuvinho
06-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Just like the beginning of the year, WE STILL NEED A STRIKER AND CB

Cristiano14
06-06-2009, 05:41 PM
on TV the south end still seemed very red... what happend to the protest?
Also, how was the march to gate 4?

Ontario Arab
06-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Why am I doomed to support LOSER TEAMS
Why can't I be a Barcelona and Spain backer WHYLOL story of my life as a DUFC fan , thought when I moved to Ontario things would get better given the diversity of sports but how wrong was I...lol.....this suks large testees

samconnie
06-06-2009, 05:44 PM
on TV the south end still seemed very red... what happend to the protest?
Also, how was the march to gate 4?

all talk

TFC USA
06-06-2009, 05:45 PM
RBNY 2 TFC 0 next week.

Barrett continuously getting starts leaves me suspicious of the motive of this club.

Pookie
06-06-2009, 05:45 PM
If there was a protest, it got no mention on TV. Saw the NEE apparently walking out but there was no commentary and since their seats are on the same side as the camera, it made no noticeable difference.

Inswingingwingman
06-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Huge protest to my eyes. Bet the sun caused beer sales to exceed opening day, a day that for a couple of ours froze my hemmoroidic (is that a word?) butt and cured it's pain.

I should have smuggled in a single malt in my depends.

Ontario Arab
06-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Listen, Ive said it all along. WE do not have a good enough squad to poof around with the ball playing "pretty" football. That comes with sucess, which we do not have. We NEED a grinder goal machine.....We have too many similar midfielders who all have skills but not the right one which is to WIN the Ball and PASS the ball (Gatusso altho getting on a bit is exactly what is required)...We have a terrible defense, they are shocking at times............NEED= STRIKER, Defensive minded Mid, CentreBack..........not that difficult a wish list if u ask me................

boban
06-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Huge protest to my eyes. Bet the sun caused beer sales to exceed opening day, a day that for a couple of ours froze my hemmoroidic (is that a word?) butt and cured it's pain.

I should have smuggled in a single malt in my depends.

:lol: :smilielol5::lol: :smilielol5:

sampace
06-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Ontario Arab, I mentioned Gatusso before and was met with heckles from the rest of the Red Patch. I'd love to see the cat here in TO. He apparently played with Mo Johnston and is a friend of his. Why can't he bring someone half decent in to the club when we need someone. Heck, I'd even settle for Matarazzi on defence, at least he would say something nasty and draw a red card on the opponent!

TFC USA
06-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Just for the hell of it, fuck Jason DeVos and his insistence on talking throughout the match.

Nigel Reed should do the game by himself.

K1nG
06-06-2009, 05:59 PM

post of the year !

Inswingingwingman
06-06-2009, 06:00 PM
OK, so fire Mo and put Jason in his job. He wont' stop talking to the supporters groups.
:banghead::banghead:

Pookie
06-06-2009, 06:04 PM
While we are fucking with the fucks, can we fuck the footy fan poll? Seriously, Spain fucking again? Grab some fucking stones and go with the fuckers from Brazil.

sampace
06-06-2009, 06:08 PM
For arguments sake, which three players need to go right now? My vote is for:

Barrett - A striker who can not find the back of the net. More was expected for this season.

Vitti - Definetly has skills, but at his price he needs to score. Either Vitti goes or the coach goes.

Velez/Harmse - I know I did say three this is a tough one, both have been spotty at best, why not throw them together and make it four.

Who do you think are the three players that need to go and why?

TFCRegina
06-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Velez needs to go, Mo needs to go, and MLSE needs to give its head a shake. They lost a chance at doubling the RPB group in Ottawa today as 10 people packed in a small room at the Georgetown to watch the game in HD. Five will not be returning.

Thanks fuckers.

dag
06-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Except for Dichio and DeRo, every TFC player was asleep today.

Our back four have utterly failed to gel and provide a cohesive defense.

Robinson - just terrible today.

Barrett - please, see that sports psychologist.

What an uninspiring performance. This was surely the week that destroyed the season for Toronto. I'm beginning to feel that our performance against New England was an exception, and today's (fifth!) loss the norm.

This season is a write-off. Enjoy Real Madrid, ML$E.

sampace
06-06-2009, 06:15 PM
DeRosario seems to get off on doing an odd run, he definetly needs to improve on his corner kicks and set plays. There is a definite drop in quality after Guevara is gone on this team.

Nuvinho
06-06-2009, 06:16 PM
There will be NO PLAYOFFS this year.

We have just finished playing our 8 home game......how many wins do we have to show?? With the majority of our schedule on the road........good luck!!!

Beach_Red
06-06-2009, 06:20 PM
This team has the same leadership it had in year one - Brennan, Robinson - it's still hasn't moved past being an expansion team.

MFG1
06-06-2009, 06:22 PM
HAHAHAA I would bet the 86' Canadian team could muster at least a tie with the pile of shit that our team is. Maybe they are going to be the International friendly included in our package

sampace
06-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Brennan has been pulled out twice in the last two games, perhaps it is a sign of things to change. Also, why did Nana not start today, was he injured?

Nuvinho
06-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Brennan has been pulled out twice in the last two games, perhaps it is a sign of things to change. Also, why did Nana not start today, was he injured?

concussion.

dag
06-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Brennan exited the pitch and appeared headed straight to the locker room; methinks he was injured.

ensco
06-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Mo now in the center of the bullseye (I say this as a historical Mo backer)

Team going backwards fast, his signings are 100% playing poorly now, veterans looking older in a hurry, his discards (eg Buddle, Marshall, Dunivant) are playing better than anyone he's kept here.

His only good acquisitions have through high draft picks.

Chapman
06-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Very embarassing number one killing is the lack of vision and running off the ball it just gets brutal to watch some poor midfielder get closed down and the rest of the team just watch and stand still.

Wagner
06-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Maybe now we be a good time to email your ticket rep and let them know that with this kind of product, there had better not be an increase next year...

might as well plant a seed now.

arbogast
06-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Maybe now we be a good time to email your ticket rep and let them know that with this kind of product, there had better not be an increase next year...

might as well plant a seed now.

i agree but I bet the new collective agreement will see the cap go up, so, they'll have a convenient excuse to bend us over again.

billyfly
06-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Numb from the pain. Not as upset as on Wednesday night but still deflated etc....

andyc
06-06-2009, 07:12 PM
On the positive side, at least todays performance should take at least $20 off the Real Madrid ticket price....

If MLSE HAD A FUCKING CONSCIENCE!!!!

bhoybobby
06-06-2009, 07:21 PM
How has Mlse managed to fuck this up & piss off their customers? I can't believe that they could mistreat their fans & fuck up a good thing. It's a fucking joke.

Fushida
06-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Very embarassing number one killing is the lack of vision and running off the ball it just gets brutal to watch some poor midfielder get closed down and the rest of the team just watch and stand still.

yup... been saying that for a long time now. its funny cuz it gets more and more clear every game.

i don't know about dero either... he didn't do ANYTHING today... lost the ball consistently in the 2nd half. the only upside to be taken from this game is that harmse actually played WELL today. i'm probably his #1 hater, but i was impressed from what i saw today.

Stryker
06-06-2009, 07:30 PM
They played every bit as poorly as I expected.
Vitti and Barret can't score
Velez was responsible for both goals, almost a third
Robinson can't pass
Harmse is Harmse
Ricketts should have cost us a penalty shot with more piss poor tackling
Ricketts and Robinson have the fucking nerve to scream at DeRo for kicking a ball out for injury? Fuck them!

We know who our core 8 are. Blow the rest of this team up and be ready for the start of next season.

bhoybobby
06-06-2009, 07:36 PM
I would've choked DeRo, L.A had lots of possession when that tit was injured, they didn't put it out "cause the had a scoring chance.

Beach_Red
06-06-2009, 07:44 PM
How has Mlse managed to fuck this up & piss off their customers? I can't believe that they could mistreat their fans & fuck up a good thing. It's a fucking joke.

I've been saying this in every thread but I can't believe that NO ONE ELSE in Ontario wanted an MLS team in Toronto. What wa sthe franchise fee when they paid it, $3 million? They got the stadium for free when they sold the naming rights.

It's a joke all right.

WestStandGeoff
06-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Ricketts and Robinson have the fucking nerve to scream at DeRo for kicking a ball out for injury? Fuck them!

While DeRo's actions are absolutely sporting, you can't blame Rickets and Robinson for not wanting to put the ball out of play. LA had at least another couple occasions where players went down from a light bump, then 'miraculously' got up and ran it out after realizing that nobody gave a shit about them pretending an injury.

Not to mention, the 2nd player that went down (in our defensive end) easily walked off the pitch while they were attending to the the other downed player... who was also able to get up and walk off after talking with the medics and wasting about 3 minutes of time.

Stryker
06-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Right or wrong who is Ricketts in particular to scream at anyone? Let alone DeRo.

Chevy
06-06-2009, 08:15 PM
She adds nothing to the broadcast. The Footie Fan Poll is fucking stupid and even if they wanted to do it why not have Mitch do it since he was there?

She is decent looking so "Fuck Gina Bucci" can be interpreted differently. :o

Gina for DP. :)

wzhxvy
06-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Rant and some observations, this is my opinion only:

1. This team is falling apart. Did you see the yelling match and guys jumping in to break things up before LA scored the second goal ? Ouch, this team is done, our year is done. If the FO is not panicked right now, I would be shocked.

2. Great march to Gate 4, great chanting and we drove home the point. I am proud of those who showed up...you guys are truly my brothers and sisters. It was a very important day and don't think for a second its not deadly embarassing for the incompetent crew of Paul, Mo and Ansalami.

3. The idiots who sat in NEEs seats after they left are pure morons. As$h%les.

4. Nice of some of the RPBs to show up in their gear. I was personally disappointed.

5. Boris, I was sitting in 110 and saw more of you than I wanted to see there for a second :-) But great job as Capo !

6. Just remember, because you are the only girl amongst a 100 guys, it dont make you hot.

7. I love DD, the goal celebration and how he hung his head low when accepting the MOM...this guy cares and I have a ton of respect for him.

8. The Capo from USEC with the badly receding hair line (dont know his name) leading the "we dont walk out" chant after NEE left...not intelligent or supportive. You 10 guys in USEC didnt support the action, but no need to demean NEE who as far as I am concerned showed up and I have a ton of respect for them. TIFOs, flag waving and then walk out...pure class.

9. Barrett, Vitti and Velez need to be RIFed NOW...I mean NOW...

10. For those of you who said, that with one win we could be in second place...I hope you don't lead your own lives and careers with that kind of thinking..because if you do, I feel sorry for you. We are just as likely to finish last this year, and we are no where close to making a playoff spot. WAKE THE F UP people.

Fiin
06-06-2009, 08:24 PM

1. This team is falling apart. Did you see the yelling match and guys jumping in to break things up before LA scored the second goal ? Ouch, this team is done, our year is done. If the FO is not panicked right now, I would be shocked.

2. Great march to Gate 4, great chanting and we drove hope the point. I am proud of those who showed up...you guys are truly my brothers and sisters. It was a very important day and don't think for a second its not deadly embarassing for the incompetent crew of Paul, Mo and Ansalami.

3. The idiots who sat in NEEs seats after they left are pure morons. As$h%les.

4. Nice of some of the RPBs to show up in their gear. I was personally disappointed.

5. Boris, I was sitting in 110 and saw more of you than I wanted to see there for a second :-) But great job as Capo !

6. Just remember, because you are the only girl amongst a 100 guys, it dont make you hot.

7. I love DD, the goal celebration and how he hung his head low when accepting the MOM...this guy cares and I have a ton of respect for him.

8. The Capo from USEC with the badly receding hair line (dont know his name) leading the "we dont walk out" chant after NEE left...not intelligent or supportive. You 10 guys in USEC didnt support the action, but no need to demean NEE who as far as I am concerned showed up and I have a ton of respect for them. TIFOs, flag waving and then walk out...pure class.

10. For those of you who said, that with one win we could be in second place...I hope you don't lead your own lifes and careers with that kind of thinking..because if you do, I feel sorry for you. We are just as likely to finish last this year, and we are no where close to making a playoff spot. WAKE THE F UP people.

Thanks for the ups bro, dont worry, I heard they had a hard choice between that one and the other one, "We dont roadtrip" ;)

Fushida
06-06-2009, 08:36 PM

i saw velez shout back at frei after he fucked up himself ... serioux looks like he had given up on velez. think there's the weak link :rolleyes:

dero was sporting in putting that one out, but that cunt gordon who lay there the whole time then got up to tie up his shoe... disgusting. at least the other guy was actually injured. but the douche who got imaginarily elbowed by vitti... then got up immediately after the play... horrible.

Chevy
06-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Where was Nana today???

Fiin
06-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Where was Nana today???

Dunno but seeing the young Gambian hit the field was lifting :) I think Nana has a concussion.

TicTacTabarnack
06-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Where was Nana today???

Injured

T0R0NT0 FC
06-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Gomez was good for the 10 or so minutes he was on. Hes' hungry to play. Get either Harmse or Velez off the pitch and give that boy more playing time!

:pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjt ime:

KdotOdot
06-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Where is the "Cry Me a River" video when you need it.

Our players are disillusioned, our front office is full with a bunch of fucks, we play in a league with EVEN TEAMS, I mean not a single team in this league stands out.

You want a trophy? You want to fire players? Who are you going to replace them with in the middle of a fucking season?

The FO insulted us not the players. Walking out on them in the middle of a game is petty and juvenile. Shame on you. fucking crybabies. If I was on the pitch and saw that I wouldn't want to win for you assholes either.

I'm too drunk to articulate right now butm the protest at gate 4 was pretty good, I just wish we had like 10 times more people, but what do you expect from a bunch of pacified north american pussy hockey fans, good for those that attended but I don't know how much of an impact 200 people made, at least its something, you think Raptors fans would do some shit like that? We just have to take it to the next level, i men unfortuately you cant REASOn with a corporation they only understand one thing.

fuck.
AND YES MOTHERFUCKER!!! Being the only woman in a group of 100 men MAKES HER HOT!! What? You'd rather look at one of the dudes?

Yohan
06-06-2009, 09:05 PM

Our players are disillusioned, our front office is full with a bunch of fucks, we play in a league with EVEN TEAMS, I mean not a single team in this league stands out.

You want a trophy? You want to fire players? Who are you going to replace them with in the middle of a fucking season?

The FO insulted us not the players. Walking out on them in the middle of a game is petty and juvenile. Shame on you. fucking crybabies. If I was on the pitch and saw that I wouldn't want to win for you assholes either.

I'm too drunk to articulate right now butm the protest at gate 4 was pretty good, I just wish we had like 10 times more people, but what do you expect from a bunch of pacified north american pussy hockey fans, good for those that attended but I don't know how much of an impact 200 people made, at least its something, you think Raptors fans would do some shit like that? We just have to take it to the next level, i men unfortuately you cant REASOn with a corporation they only understand one thing.

fuck.
AND YES MOTHERFUCKER!!! Being the only woman in a group of 100 men MAKES HER HOT!! What? You'd rather look at one of the dudes?
I may not agree with all of your rants, but you sure do make some amusing comments! :p

Yohan
06-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Gomez was good for the 10 or so minutes he was on. Hes' hungry to play. Get either Harmse or Velez off the pitch and give that boy more playing time!

:pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjt ime:
I don't see harm in giving this boy a chance over Velez or Harmse

I am so going to be pissed if those two, esp Velez gets game time next game.

You dont reward FAILURES

VPjr
06-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Its time to start our own FC boys.....

I'm serious.

tfc2008
06-06-2009, 09:09 PM
lets watch the game against New York nex week all together in a bar and donr go to the field.
Lets make a plan

trane
06-06-2009, 09:09 PM

LA played us perfectly we overpress they counter attack. Simple, effective another 3 home points lost.

Dichio. I have praised him so much, so I will not do it again. I will say this basic soccer IQ and skills, can do so much even compasate for age and injury. We have always needed and continue to need much more of this.

masrawy
06-06-2009, 09:10 PM
I may not agree with all of your rants, but you sure do make some amusing comments! :p

Aren't you one of the guys who moved down into our seats or am I mistaking you for someone else?

wzhxvy
06-06-2009, 09:12 PM

fuck.

Always entertaining ! All good Kdot.

In terms of walking out...based on your logic we should have walked out after the first goal. If you think we have the players to win, I disagree. If you think Harmse and Velez should be on the pitch, i disagree. This was once again, a half hearted, gutless effort by most of our team (some players excluded). Did you see what happened after we scored ? LA took it to us like we were the little bitches playing on the road, this team is done.

And I had a good look at Boris, it was not too bad ! :-) And what I said was it "dont make you look hot"...not that I wouldnt f them if I was on a deserted island because I am a man and have needs.

wzhxvy
06-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Its time to start our own FC boys.....

I'm serious.

Lets do it.

TicTacTabarnack
06-06-2009, 09:16 PM
The protest to Gate 4 tonight was good. It was peaceful, we were loud and we drove the point across. If our voices aren't heard than we have to step up and chant IN GAME.

I called out Anselmi after the second LAG goal and started a Bullshit chant (only 1 other person knew who I was yelling at unfortunately and I stuck out like a sore thumb).

ML$E's box is right at the end of Section 121 on the left side looking back. Tom Anselmi, Paul Bierne and MoJo were all sitting there watching the game tonight. It was great to see people giving them a piece of their mind at the end of the game and yelling into the box. Had no idea what they said, but they sure looked pissed off.

- Maybe it was the fact that a league game was changed to accommodate a game of pick-up soccer (My wife and I planned our honeymoon around TFC's home schedule and now we're missing a game). I'd be less pissed off if I wasn't going to be gouged for the additional game.
- Maybe it was the fact that ML$E cares more about the health of Real Madrid's players than our own ... Installing grass for them for 1 game for a bunch of randoms and treating our OWN like second class citizens when it comes with giving them the very best.
- Maybe it's the fact that we're going to get gouged tomorrow for Real tickets after tonight's piss poor performance, missing out on 2 Voyageurs cups against lower leagued teams with half the budget, not having a DP or a quality Centre Back ... The list goes on!

I'm pissed! I think we should call them out in their box, face them and sing the beautiful protest chant we had tonight:

They don't care about players!
They don't care about fans!
Toronto Football Club ... Is in the wrong hands!

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Aren't you one of the guys who moved down into our seats or am I mistaking you for someone else?

Everybody stands in everybody else's seats in supporters sections and I've no problem whatsoever with that... though don't tell the micro-managing ticket nazi stewards that.

Yohan
06-06-2009, 09:26 PM
you mean there is another sketchy skasian in BMO? Cool!

and no. I wasn't at the game today

masrawy
06-06-2009, 09:26 PM
and no. I wasn't at the game today

My bad then.

Yeoman
06-06-2009, 09:37 PM
lets watch the game against New York nex week all together in a bar and donr go to the field.
Lets make a plan

i can top that
i'm not even attending now
i'd rather go watch fc london play instead where the FO gives a true shit about us.

andyc
06-06-2009, 09:39 PM

The people that did that were complete assholes... They didn't even wait for you guys to leave the section. I saw security walking down there and talking to the pricks and then did nothing...

Well done for walking NEE! Next time take a dump on your seats before walking out!

cochrdoc
06-06-2009, 09:42 PM
When you have a very mediocre team you get results like we get.Our core of players is not that strong to compete and win in this league.Some players have been rated very high and have not performed.This team needs more then a cb and striker who can score.Most of our defenders don`t defend very well.They are constantly turned inside out.Our midfield turn the ball over way to much.And you know how well our strikers perform. I wonder when Mo is going to step up and take responsibilty.Or I hope someone makes the decision for him.WE have not beaten the poorer teams in this league so why would things change.

OneLoveOneEric
06-06-2009, 09:49 PM
When you have a very mediocre team you get results like we get.Our core of players is not that strong to compete and win in this league.Some players have been rated very high and have not performed.This team needs more then a cb and striker who can score.Most of our defenders don`t defend very well.They are constantly turned inside out.Our midfield turn the ball over way to much.And you know how well our strikers perform. I wonder when Mo is going to step up and take responsibilty.Or I hope someone makes the decision for him.WE have not beaten the poorer teams in this league so why would things change.

Part of that problem is because every time we sign some nobody people around here talk about them like they're the next Pele, so they can't do anything but disappoint.
It's happening now with O'Brien White, and that kid will be ruined by expectation before he kicks a ball.

Walnut
06-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Get a grip, people.

I can't fathom another 20-page reaction to this game. As somebody already said in here, I think it's time for a break from this site.

We should just be pleased the same fate that befell Charlton cannot befell us.

Yohan
06-06-2009, 09:56 PM
players have their share of the blame, but I think it's just getting outcoached pretty much every game

today for example. maybe except Eddie Lewis and Donovan Ricketts, LA Galaxy was a team that could not match up to TFC individually in most positions.

Arena came here with a plan, and the Gals stuck to it and came out with a victory. you know at least that team has a never say die attitude, until TFC

SoccMan
06-06-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm still puzzled by the fact that we let Marshall go without a replacement coming in and why we let Dunivant go who was a left footed defender midfielder again without anyone coming in and taking his place. I understand letting players go if you have someone else coming in to take their place,however, when you have no one to replace such players you have to wonder why these sort of moves were made. It's things like this that piss me off when it comes to Mo, how do you go so deep into a season without a proper CB and expect to do well, what the hell is this idiot thinking!

Darlofletch
06-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Very disappointing game. Dichio in my opinion had his best game of the season even without the goal. Velez was at fault for both the goals, give gomez a try before playing velez again. talking of gomez, you're losing and you bring on a defender? why, so Harmse can move further forward? horrible substitution. Harmse, I actually thought did ok today. Barrett and Vitti couldn't score in a brothel. all in all, we're screwed. apologies for the randomness of this, I'm drunk. I loved that even though Brennan is injured and has hid foot massively bandaged, and is on crutches, he's still getting up on the sidelines and getting involved with shit. very funny. Frei and Serioux and Dichio are awesome. the rest of our team is not awesome. who wants tickets to see river plate?

Darlofletch
06-06-2009, 10:31 PM
oh, and to echo what someone else said earlier in this thread. KdotOdot, at times you seem like you're a bit of an arsehole, but fuck, you've been entertaining recently.

TFCRegina
06-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Excuse me?

Harmse didn't play bad at all. It was not Harmse that couldn't cover a player on two plays that resulted in goals. He's far less harmful than Velez. In fact, I'd rather have him playing Velez's position than Velez.

He gets a bad rap. He doesn't play poorly, but he's not a stand out. Stop bashing him. At least he wasn't missing the net over and over again like Vitti and Barrett, or giving up weak goals like Velez.

It's gotten to the point where defensive breakdowns are called "Classic Velez Moments." Somebody should make a spoof based on those Canadian Heritage moments they used to play all the time on TV... for Marco Velez.

ExiledRed
06-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Harmse and Velez should both be dangled in front of Vancouver in the expansion draft. If not, the alligator pond.

TFCRegina
06-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I disagree entirely. Harmse is underrated and beat on because we blame everything on the back four. Brennan played god awful, do we hear anything about that? Brennan was far worse this game than Harmse was. Again, name me a moment where Harmse's poor play resulted in a direct chance. The break downs were in the middle and the left...

Darlofletch
06-06-2009, 10:44 PM
more thoughts. Ricketts did ok today, he wasn't spectacular (but, very importantly, he wasn't trying to be spectacular) but he put a lot of good balls in to the box.

Johann Smith though, he can fuck right off, most useless player ever.

ExiledRed
06-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Harmse got himself one of the most pointless yellow cards I've seen this year. He was ineffective out there, he doesn't belong in defence and he's mediocre in midfield.

Darlofletch
06-06-2009, 10:46 PM
I disagree entirely. Harmse is underrated and beat on because we blame everything on the back four. Brennan played god awful, do we hear anything about that? Brennan was far worse this game than Harmse was. Again, name me a moment where Harmse's poor play resulted in a direct chance. The break downs were in the middle and the left...

Today at least, Harmse was alright, didn't do anything horrible defensively, and helped out going forward a few times as well.

Up until today, i thought velez had been ok this season. today he was awful. I would rather see Harmse start in defence than Velez.

TFC Cityboy
06-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Harmse is not a Right Back. He does ok in defensive midfield when called upon, but he was rank today.
Velez has been excellent of late but was utter shite today and cost us the game.
Jimmy B has been a liability for a while, but has seemed untouchable criticism-wise.
Without big Adrian (and Nana) we'd be f##ked in defence.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Excuse me?

Harmse didn't play bad at all. It was not Harmse that couldn't cover a player on two plays that resulted in goals. He's far less harmful than Velez. In fact, I'd rather have him playing Velez's position than Velez.

He gets a bad rap. He doesn't play poorly, but he's not a stand out. Stop bashing him. At least he wasn't missing the net over and over again like Vitti and Barrett, or giving up weak goals like Velez.

It's gotten to the point where defensive breakdowns are called "Classic Velez Moments." Somebody should make a spoof based on those Canadian Heritage moments they used to play all the time on TV... for Marco Velez.

Harmse makes good tackles but he can't mark, he never matches the runs of the opposing strikers (instead standing there and getting caught flat-footed like on both of Vancouver's goals the other day) and generally has no positional sense. He always gets caught in no-man's land.

Yohan
06-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Harmse makes good tackles but he can't mark, he never matches the runs of the opposing strikers (instead standing there and getting caught flat-footed like on both of Vancouver's goals the other day) and generally has no positional sense. He always gets caught in no-man's land.
and runs the ball into nowhere like Welsh.

and cant make a pinpoint pass to save his nuts from being chopped off

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-06-2009, 10:59 PM

+1 for vivid imagery. :D

TFC USA
06-06-2009, 11:09 PM
That Velez fuck-up that led to the 2nd goal was reminiscent of the Chicago game where Ibbe scored last year. If anyone can find a clip of that you'll see what I mean.

TFCRegina
06-06-2009, 11:13 PM

And let me throw this back at you, if the team had actually been scoring, what is the likelihood they'd have scored on us?

The fact is, our team is playing terrible. Lay blame on the terrible strikers for not putting it away, and blame Velez & Jimmy B for terrible play today, but do not tell me it's Harmse's fault that this team is in the tank and doing awful. If we scored half of the chances that Barrett and Vitti get, we'd be winning each game by 10.

Poor play in one game by Harmse is not an adequate justification for calling for his head. I'm sorry, I've watched all but one TFC game on TV this year, and he hasn't been the one to blow it. Lay the blame where it is deserved.

TFCRegina
06-06-2009, 11:14 PM

So he's a normal MLS player then.

Stryker
06-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Offtopic:

Could someone please start a few (reasonable) rumors about skilled players we're trying to land. At this point I don't even care if it's all BS or not.
I just need something to give me a sliver of optimisim after the last few weeks. :(

TFC USA
06-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Lionel Messi to TFC? :D :D :D :D

Roogsy
06-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Kaka isn't going to Real Mierda...he's coming to Toronto.

This will wind up on MLS Rumous within minutes.

Stryker
06-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Lionel Messi to TFC? :D :D :D :D
Really? Awesome. And you guys said Mo sucked. Crazy talk. :p

TFCRegina
06-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Kaka isn't going to Real Mierda...he's coming to Toronto.

This will wind up on MLS Rumous within minutes.

Which is why I read Major League Soccer Talk instead. At least Kartik has good sources.

Fushida
06-06-2009, 11:25 PM
And let me throw this back at you, if the team had actually been scoring, what is the likelihood they'd have scored on us?

The fact is, our team is playing terrible. Lay blame on the terrible strikers for not putting it away, and blame Velez & Jimmy B for terrible play today, but do not tell me it's Harmse's fault that this team is in the tank and doing awful. If we scored half of the chances that Barrett and Vitti get, we'd be winning each game by 10.

Poor play in one game by Harmse is not an adequate justification for calling for his head. I'm sorry, I've watched all but one TFC game on TV this year, and he hasn't been the one to blow it. Lay the blame where it is deserved.

rating players on how many games they cost us directly is terribly short-sighted and wrong. i said in one of these threads that harmse DID play well today. in my opinion the 2nd best player today after danny.

HOWEVER, i will use your line in saying that ONE good performance doesn't make him any more ACCEPTABLE in a TFC jersey. saying he directly cost us one game VASTLY understates how utterly shit he's been for us in almost EVERY other game he's played in. the reason he's not been able to "blow" more games for us is because he doesn't play when he's on. the man doesn't mark, doesn't run typically, and gives up far too easily both in the offensive and defensive roles he's been placed in. out of position is also a bs excuse, as he hasn't shown ANYTHING when placed in defensive mid. those who say he's "alright" as DM, i struggle to see your point... PLEASE give me examples when he tackled well or broke up plays consistently in a game. whereas i can likely point to ANY game before today and tell you to watch him... and JUST harmse. then you'll see how "alright" he is in his duties.

i agree almost 100%. its hilarious how after a single good performance (which we ended up losing), the harmse defenders come out guns ablaze. the guy has been garbage up to today for us. unless today's performance becomes more of a norm as opposed to a freakish anomaly, then he doesn't deserve to put on that jersey and play.

jloome
06-06-2009, 11:29 PM
The really frightening part is that given his ineptness to date at finding us a leading striker, Mo is probably counting on O'Brien White being the guy.

No pressure there.

Fushida
06-06-2009, 11:30 PM
more thoughts. Ricketts did ok today, he wasn't spectacular (but, very importantly, he wasn't trying to be spectacular) but he put a lot of good balls in to the box.

Johann Smith though, he can fuck right off, most useless player ever.

my god. why can't WE coach this team eh? lol... i fail to understand how this kid still gets time. i'd rather have barrett on than this guy. he comes on, supposedly FRESH, and doesn't bother running at all. and that "dribble" where he hits it out of bounds by himself... i can't begin to describe how amateur that is. in fact the other day in vancouver when we were down either 1-0 or 2-0, camera panned to him and he looked like he was having a blast on the bench. i almost puked.

Fushida
06-06-2009, 11:31 PM
The really frightening part is that given his ineptness to date at finding us a leading striker, Mo is probably counting on O'Brien White being the guy.

No pressure there.

i haven't been the most ardent mo supporter, nor have i called for his head after every loss. but if OBW is mo's trump card this season............ it will certainly change my opinion of him for the worst..

TFCRegina
06-06-2009, 11:32 PM
And I completely disagree with you. I've been a Harmse fan for a long time, because he's consistently average. He doesn't screw things up on a constant basis like half of our team does. De Ro tries his ass off and ends up doing nothing most games, Barrett can't hit the broadside of a barn, Vitti wants to dance in the penalty area (and shoots when he's 50 miles out instead of dancing), Brennan has been weak all year (KC excepted), Wynne can't cross worth shit, and then there's our wonderful subs like Smith and Ricketts who simply put our team down a man when they step on the field.

Stryker
06-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Ricketts make two nice lobs into the box and did some nice dribbling near a couple defenders to try and pull em out of postion.
Unfortunately twentish solid minites don't make up for all the giveaways and stupid fouls he's given us before today. I still want him gone ASAP.

Fushida
06-06-2009, 11:39 PM
And I completely disagree with you. I've been a Harmse fan for a long time, because he's consistently average. He doesn't screw things up on a constant basis like half of our team does. De Ro tries his ass off and ends up doing nothing most games, Barrett can't hit the broadside of a barn, Vitti wants to dance in the penalty area (and shoots when he's 50 miles out instead of dancing), Brennan has been weak all year (KC excepted), Wynne can't cross worth shit, and then there's our wonderful subs like Smith and Ricketts who simply put our team down a man when they step on the field.

harmse is average? really? what has he done to live up to that billing? being invisible when the opponents are dancing in front of him? showing zero hustle when he screws up with the ball? looking dejected just about every time he makes a half assed run and doesn't get the ball because he's hardly in open space? that's your idea of "consistently average"?

i don't know about you, but my idea of "average" is going for 50/50 balls, making effort with passes and making an effort to get a ball at the minimum. harmse rarely does all of that... and as a midfielder that's a definite failure. if you've been a harmse fan, i probably can't convince you of his misgivings. but do yourself a favor and just watch him next game. tape the game and watch just harmse. assuming he returns to his normal self, watch how he supports the attack after he passes the ball. watch how he pressures the opposing midfield. watch his amazing off the ball movement.

no offense, but if that's your idea of "average", then its no wonder we've been near bottom of the table for two years now.

EDIT: oh yea. you make a point about dero, which brings me to another point i've been pushing the last few games. the reason why our offensive players like dero, vitti, and guevara lose the ball on a consistent basis isn't because of their "dancing" and their overly fancy footwork. its largely (not always of course) because of a lack of support from other players. when they get the ball everyone seems to expect them to work some magic and appear behind the defenders marking them, but its kinda hard when they get double/triple teamed. dero went through that numerous times today with zero help (closest guy to him was harmse or brennan.... maybe 1/3 of a field away). i'm not a big fan of dero's ball control from what i've seen this year, but at least he among others can hold the ball while looking for a pass.. unfortunately that opportunity doesn't come because... guess what... our midfielders like harmse and robinson are nowhere to be found most of the time when the going gets tough. they'd rather sit back in defense than push up.

there was an instance today (first half i believe) when harmse brought the ball up to the half, passed it off, and rather than continuing to make himself open, just stood there, and walked back even though his position was covered.

TFCRegina
06-06-2009, 11:40 PM
I watch him play.

He's average for MLS, which is shitty by nature, which everybody seems to ignore. It's horrible football but it's ours. Every team in the league has Harmse's and they get along just fine...

Fushida
06-06-2009, 11:49 PM
I watch him play.

He's average for MLS, which is shitty by nature, which everybody seems to ignore. It's horrible football but it's ours. Every team in the league has Harmse's and they get along just fine...

:rolleyes:

i give up. no business of mine trying to get you to turn on your fav player. i hope for the team's sake that today's performance wasn't a fluke. if he can do what he did today on a consistent basis then i'll gladly eat my own words.

Yohan
06-06-2009, 11:51 PM
I watch him play.

just because every team has a harmse and you have to put up with him, doesn't mean you have to like it :p

sampace
06-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Holger Osieck will turn this team around, as soon as Mojo is gone he will bring in a DP scorer and they will light up the scoreboard for us. LET's go Holger!

Stryker
06-07-2009, 12:04 AM
Holger Osieck will turn this team around, as soon as Mojo is gone he will bring in a DP scorer and they will light up the scoreboard for us. LET's go Holger!
He'd be great but a little long in the tooth no?

Yohan
06-07-2009, 12:05 AM
ok. i now know that you're taking a piss at us

nascarguy
06-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Really? Awesome. And you guys said Mo sucked. Crazy talk. :p
no he sucks that is how we are going to get him

sampace
06-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Yohan, I am not...I don't understand how fans of Canada can't support seeing Holger as the new G.M. He only won us the only soccer championship Canada has ever had, the Gold Cup. They also finished third with him as well in the Gold Cup. Holger took a team, with Forest playing on top of his head, and mediocre offensive players, played counter attack football, and upset Mexico and beat Columbia to win it all! He can turn this ship around, if we give him ago.

noochie
06-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Yohan, I am not...I don't understand how fans of Canada can't support seeing Holger as the new G.M. He only won us the only soccer championship Canada has ever had, the Gold Cup. They also finished third with him as well in the Gold Cup. Holger took a team, with Forest playing on top of his head, and mediocre offensive players, played counter attack football, and upset Mexico and beat Columbia to win it all! He can turn this ship around, if we give him ago.

Mo made MLSE close to 5 mil last year on a single transaction... he is getting an extension, not fired.

Stryker
06-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Mo made MLSE close to 5 mil last year on a single transaction... he is getting an extension, not fired.

Sad but probley true.

sampace
06-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Imagine how much more money Mo could make if the team performed better on the field. Frei could be sold for max dollars if we were in first, advanced in the Nutri Lite Competition, etc... Holger brings all this, he took a team in Canada which does not have as much talent as this team (and this team has some holes) and made them Gold Cup Winners! Holger will make even more money, just in Holger's Heros T-shirts!

Stryker
06-07-2009, 12:19 AM
What are you his agent? LOL.

Yohan
06-07-2009, 12:22 AM
managing a national team and managing a club is a different beast...

Roogsy
06-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Just ask Sven and Scolari!

Waggy
06-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Man, after flipping through this one I'm glad I gave this game a pass. I saw the second LA goal on the highlites at a bar and almost started dry-heaving. I really thought we'd show some pride today. Guess not. Also guess all the carver bashers are giving cummins the benefit of the doubt? Not to drag up old arguments (ok thats a lie), but you can only work with what you're given. I think what we're seeing is, that Carver wasn't the problem here. As I said to one of my friends at the bar, if I was in charge of TFC, my resignation letter would have been on someones desk a few days ago. Doesn't Mo have any pride? Is he going to actually go through this embarrasment? I've stuck by Mo for a long time, but the god damned plane has crashed into the mountain. After 2.5 years, we should be showing at least SOME improvement. SOME ability. I shudder to think what our record would be without Frei. Thank god he slipped in teh draft, thats all I can say.

Other than I completely agree with VPjr! lol. Remember meeting on monday night! Thread/details in the Canadian Soccer section

MFG1
06-07-2009, 05:16 AM

No pressure there.

If Mo is waiting on O'Brian as our saviour, we are in worse shape than I thought and I didnt think I could say that about our situation.

I like Cummins Post game responses, something close to " we didnt finish with 18 trys, dont i sound like a broken record?"

Inswingingwingman
06-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Now it's Sunday mourning.

That's the worst. Pissed off still and hungover.

The best part of the game other than watching Danny be a tower in front of their goal was the bottle of Wisers. It's called that because you'd be wiser not to drink the whole 40, which I seem to have done.

I was a Detroit fan in the 60's but don't really watch hockey much but it was fun watching the metro-sexual boys from Pittsburg get schooled by what the media calls a bunch of has been over the hill tired old men. HA!

Just send Vitti home ffs. Bench Chad Borat or trade him for grass seed. And Marco can't mark, put up a cardboard cutout player instead, at least some shots would hit it.

VPjr
06-07-2009, 07:21 AM

Holger would not give up his cushy, retired life back in Europe to return to the shitshow that is MLSE/TFC.

Holger is a very good coach. He knows how to manage good players and bad players.

I sincerely doubt he would have any interest in dealing with the roster rules that this silly league heaps on its teams. That is a massive turnoff to real football people. You come to MLS because:

a) you are looking to build your resume before bolting to a bigger stage
b) because you are a huge dickhead and no one else wants you (ex: MoJo)
c) You dont like working in a real footballing country where the pressure to succeed is overwhelming so a league without promotion/relegation is the perfect fit for you (Many of these coaches also talk about "liking the North American lifestyle".

Having spoken to Holger son recently, I'd be shocked if he ever goes back to full time coaching again. He got a pretty raw deal with his last club in Japan (got canned 1 year after winning the Asian Club Champions League) and might just prefer to do work for FIFA.

Beach_Red
06-07-2009, 09:21 AM

No pressure there.

Do you really think the problem has been finding one - or paying one?

Certainly the bosses at MLSE are saying O'Brien White is the guy we should go with - how much is he getting paid?

TFCRegina
06-07-2009, 10:03 AM
No doubt who Cummins blamed for that loss... Velez. He threw around the accusation that people weren't doing their jobs. And he's damn right.

Daveisonfire
06-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Poor Marco Velez, solely responsible for both goals...bet he feels like utter shit today

Beach_Red
06-07-2009, 10:14 AM
No doubt who Cummins blamed for that loss... Velez. He threw around the accusation that people weren't doing their jobs. And he's damn right.

Are you sure by 'people not doing their jobs' he didn't mean peole who should have scored goals?

ecospice
06-07-2009, 10:32 AM

I don't think he would get permission from ML$E to bring in a DP. I don't think Mo can get that permission, either. I think the only reason there is no DP right now is that ML$E realizes they don't need to spend the money because from a financial standpoint the team is a huge success and all ownership cares about is money.

The problem starts at the top. I don't think ownership is letting Mo do all he can. I would fire the entire front office senior management people and give Mo free reign to manage the club and the chance to sign a DP. If the team fails for a fourth year in a row after Mo is given free reign, we can then run Mo out of town.

ecospice
06-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Poor Marco Velez, solely responsible for both goals...bet he feels like utter shit today

He should.

Problem is he lacks so much talent that even if it motivates him he has no ability to raise his play.

OneLoveOneEric
06-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Do you really think the problem has been finding one - or paying one?

Certainly the bosses at MLSE are saying O'Brien White is the guy we should go with - how much is he getting paid?

Putting the hopes of this team on the shoulders of O'Brien White would be absolute suicide for this team. I really hope that management sees that.

TFCRegina
06-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Are you sure by 'people not doing their jobs' he didn't mean peole who should have scored goals?

Well he was upset about the lack of finish, but it was pretty clear when he said people not doing their jobs it was Velez. He never mentioned his name but he said "You have to do your job on set pieces, and you have to do your job on 1 v 1 situations." Pretty damning if you ask me, and well deserved.

Roogsy
06-07-2009, 03:51 PM
I want to make an observation that I don't know if anyone else here has made.

Our only goal yesterday came off a beautiful cross from Ricketts.

All the complaining about him on this board and we refuse to acknowledge the good he does do.

THAT quality cross is what is missing day in and day out from this team...and we want to ship the guy out???

Somebody tell me who else on this team can actually cross the ball well? Even De Vos gave Ricketts credit saying he had an immediate impact on the game.

I think we have been massively unfair with Ricketts. I am not saying you have to like the guy but to fail to acknowledge his good points only makes us look ignorant.

The man has skill. We need him. We have very little skill on this team. Shipping out what little we have makes no sense to me.

Darlofletch
06-07-2009, 04:03 PM
agreed, he had a decent game yesterday. If he can keep playing like that, I'll happily overlook that Milo commercial they put up on the screen at half time.

Beach_Red
06-07-2009, 04:08 PM
The man has skill. We need him. We have very little skill on this team. Shipping out what little we have makes no sense to me.

Why can't this team get more out of the skill players, though?

Roogsy
06-07-2009, 04:12 PM

The answer to that is real simple.

$$$

The causes though are different.

1) Our young existance means our scouting is limited. Meaning picking up hidden diamonds becomes more difficult.

2) The cap, the cap, the cap.

3) The turf.

4) Toronto is still not considered a prime destination.

5) MLS roster size.

BayernTFC
06-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I want to make an observation that I don't know if anyone else here has made.

Our only goal yesterday came off a beautiful cross from Ricketts.
I think that Ricketts' set-up yesterday should be enough to get him the start next game instead of Barett or Vitti. Yesterday, RR10 had his best game for TFC this season. Although, he should have been called for a penalty in the box after a poor tackle on a Galaxy Player that turned Harmse inside out. A lucky break that went our way for a change.

THAT quality cross is what is missing day in and day out from this team...and we want to ship the guy out???

Somebody tell me who else on this team can actually cross the ball well?
A lack of quality crosses has been our biggest weakness this season. We certainly need help on our wings.

Right now, he is our best option coming of the bench. Who else can we go to? Johann Smith??? :rolleyes: I'm not advocating that Ricketts has to be a part of our long-term plans, but we certainly shouldn't dump him without other options. I think that releasing Todd Dunivant and Tyrone Marshall without suitable replacements has burned us royally this year. If nothing else, Rohan deserves the chance to prove his worth until he can be traded for a roster player in return or until the July 15 transfer window.

Mick
06-07-2009, 04:28 PM

Are you CGNH666 (http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showuser=604) in disguise?

Roogsy
06-07-2009, 05:10 PM
I think that Ricketts' set-up yesterday should be enough to get him the start next game instead of Barett or Vitti. Yesterday, RR10 had his best game for TFC this season. Although, he should have been called for a penalty in the box after a poor tackle on a Galaxy Player that turned Harmse inside out. A lucky break that went our way for a change.

Hahaha...I was hoping nobody would've noticed that.

Very true. I normally rag on refs when calls go against us...in this particular instance, it was a call that should've been made and wasn't. I need to recognized that we got lucky.

Yohan
06-07-2009, 05:25 PM
more I think about this, more a good head coach becomes more important than any DP in MLS...

Hooligan69
06-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Forgot my game ticket at home yesterday and didn't realize it until I was half way down to BMO. LOL :lol:

ochos
06-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Has anyone else noticed how shit Robinson has been playing lately??

Pookie
06-07-2009, 05:56 PM
You know, if there is in-fighting in the dressing room and frustration with players... why is the coaching staff NOT holding players accountable?

To use Barrett as an example, shouldn't he have to play his way back into the line up? Would Ibrahim be any worse than he's been?

Why is the starting line up essentially the same given the poor and energy-less play?

TFC USA
06-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Because the management and coaching staff is inept.

Yohan
06-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Because the management and coaching staff is inept.
and got nothing much on the bench

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-07-2009, 06:19 PM
The Game was nothing better the Vancouver except we scored..the effort was better but only a small gain in the department...teams NO longer fear BMO , maybe we need the constant streamer shower going again?? LA had No Becks or Landon and still outplayed TFC? Something is wrong..
Good effort by those who got the protest march going..maybe someone
was hearing what we said..buy the looks of the number of cops they
expected it!! but well done none the less....for the first time in 3 short
years i do not look forward to the saturday night match up against the
Red Bull and with the 8pm ko i will have to leave with roughly 20-25 mins left...winning or losing and thats not a concern now either which is really bugging me...come on TFC improve the squad before the season is lost!!http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/www.flickr.com/photos/mighty_torontofc_2008/3605248762/

Pookie
06-07-2009, 06:21 PM
well, put it this way... could Ibrahim score any LESS than Barrett? Would Gala, Sanyang or Gomez leave their players any LESS marked than Valez?

tfc2008
06-07-2009, 06:23 PM
where we gone watch the game saturday, please dont go to the field but somwhere els

tfc2008
06-07-2009, 06:25 PM
lets come together saturday and lets watch the game somwhere els, give them the empty seats

sulfur
06-07-2009, 06:43 PM
LA had No Becks or Landon and still outplayed TFC? Something is wrong..http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/www.flickr.com/photos/mighty_torontofc_2008/3605248762/
That I'll dispute.

They didn't outplay us.

We:
a) did not really test the keeper other than on a couple of occasions
b) gave up too many simple chances
c) did not move the ball well (at all) once we got into the final third.

Yohan
06-07-2009, 06:47 PM
That I'll dispute.

They didn't outplay us.

We:
a) did not really test the keeper other than on a couple of occasions
b) gave up too many simple chances
c) did not move the ball well (at all) once we got into the final third.
In other words, LA outplayed us.

Arena knew that his team was outmatched talent wise, so he had his lads play a simple, but effective game plan that worked. LA wasn't flashy, but they had their chances and converted them for a win.

ExiledRed
06-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Arena kept whining at the ref because TFC had a big forward.

"Look ref, look at the size of their forward, that can't be fair!"

How did that goof get to coach the US national team?

Yohan
06-07-2009, 08:26 PM

no one ever said that USSF was smrt either ;)

but yeah. Arena is such a douchebag

trane
06-07-2009, 09:31 PM

The problem is many MLS refs, would buy into it. Like "you are right he is bigger then your CBs, any contact shuold be a foul on Dichio".

ensco
06-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Arena did ESPN's MLS games last year before he went to the Galaxy. Holy smokes.

He is the most inarticulate oaf in sports. I have no clue how he got to where he has been in life.