PDA

View Full Version : Red Bulls set season ticket prices for new stadium

Chevy
06-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Maybe this adds fuel to the fire, but here goes. Prices for the shite bulls aren't terribly out of line with TFC at the lower end of the scale.

------------------------------

SECAUCUS, N.J. -- Season ticket prices for the New York Red Bulls' new stadium will range from $272 to $585, while single-game tickets will cost from $20 to $45, the Major League Soccer team announced on Friday.

The $585 season ticket price will be for midfield seats at the 25,000-seat Red Bull Arena being constructed in Harrison. Sideline seats for the 15 home games will cost $425, with corner flag seats running $335, endline costing $299 and supporter seats -- the area behind the south goal where fans tend to stand all game, costing $272.

Single-game tickets priced at $45, $35, $25, $22 and $20.
The Red Bulls announced last week that skyboxes at the arena will range from $65,000 to $75,000, and that club seats will cost $3,000.

rocker
06-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Seems the cheap seats are approx the same price as BMO given the dollar conversion, but their midlevel is cheaper than BMO.

their club seats and private boxes are much higher than BMO.

Whoop
06-05-2009, 08:02 PM
But they`ll have probably the best stadium in NA football.

rocker
06-05-2009, 08:03 PM
could have the worst team too.

but they should be happy for a while there... they've suffered for a long long long time in that shitbox Giants stadium, with those NFL lines and small pitch size. Imagine TFC fans waiting 13 years to get out of Skydome. ;)

Red CB Toronto
06-05-2009, 09:10 PM
could have the worst team too.

but they should be happy for a while there... they've suffered for a long long long time in that shitbox Giants stadium, with those NFL lines and small pitch size. Imagine TFC fans waiting 13 years to get out of Skydome. ;)

Hey I really believe if the Reds had to start out at the Sky Dome for their first few seasons they would have been lucky to clear 12,000 people on average with some nights being in the 8,000 to 10,0000 area, just because the tickets would be easy to get so no need to buy in advance the the game day experience would have sucked.

Cashcleaner
06-06-2009, 12:34 AM
On the contrary Chevy, it's not really a close comparison if you look at the venue that the Red Bulls will be playing out of.

Sure, season tickets at New York are ranging from $272 to $585, but that's for a stadium with:

A) Seating for 25,000

B) A natural grass pitch

and,

C) A wrap-around roof covering the stands.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/RedBull-Aerial-People_copyright_SM.jpg

Roogsy
06-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Ugh...I can't believe this is the last thread I am reading before I go to bed.

Isn't envy a sin? Let's hope not.

Because I am so jealous.

scooter
06-06-2009, 07:07 AM
if the shite bulls get grass they wont be shite for long

pekduck
06-06-2009, 07:09 AM
if the shite bulls get grass they wont be shite for long

they'll just turn into grass fed US grade A cows good for medium rare

JonO
06-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Wow - their midfield seats cost half of ours!! Crazy...

Edit: Maybe not - what the heck is this "Bullseye" nonsense...?

Kickit09
06-06-2009, 08:52 AM
NYRB are a world class organization and very soon will have a world class stadium...cant say the same for TFC.

Pachuco
06-06-2009, 09:18 AM
SO let me get this straight. They play in New York (A city that has a higher cost of living then we do). They'll have a roof. They'll have grass. They have an excellent DP.

AND MY SEATS ARE DOUBLE THE PRICE OF THEIRS?

On top of that I have to pay for Real Madrid, WOW, just WOW.

rocker
06-06-2009, 09:41 AM
NYRB are a world class organization

from what I read on Big Soccer, the New York fans would disagree with you.

But i guess if the assessment of "world class" is building a nice stadium and not putting together a good team, then they are world class :)

mclaren
On the contrary Chevy, it's not really a close comparison if you look at the venue that the Red Bulls will be playing out of.

Sure, season tickets at New York are ranging from $272 to $585, but that's for a stadium with:

A) Seating for 25,000

B) A natural grass pitch

and,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/RedBull-Aerial-People_copyright_SM.jpg

I never understood why clubs in North America insisted in building weird style stadiums with concert stages, old-fashioned floodlights, uncovered stands etc. Finally a club gets it right - well done New York! That is one nice stadium! The more stadiums we have like this, the less Mickey Mouse the league will look abroad.

rocker
They play in New York

Nope, New Jersey.

rocker
06-06-2009, 09:44 AM
I never understood why clubs in North America insisted in building weird style stadiums with concert stages, old-fashioned floodlights, uncovered stands etc.

it's all about money. roofs add money to the cost of building. When you're in a league losing money where the general population doesn't give a crap about the game, you build budget stadiums.
the old stadia needed to make money beyond just 15 soccer games per season. That's why they had the stages.

But not all MLS stadiums are that way. LA, RSL, Colorado have roofs, no concert stages, etc.

mclaren
06-06-2009, 09:45 AM
it's all about money. what's there to understand?

That's a very shortsighted view. You build a great stadium, you attract more fans. That's been evident in England where clubs have built new, attractive stadiums. If you have a stadium with no roof and it rains, bye bye fairweather fans.

rocker
06-06-2009, 09:47 AM
You build a great stadium, you attract more fans. That's been evident in England where clubs have built new, attractive stadiums. If you have a stadium with no roof and it rains, bye bye fairweather fans.

I doubt it's that simple.

How come Chicago doesn't sell out? They've had a nice stadium for many years, with a roof on both sides. RSL hasn't sold old their games, in a beautiful, covered, new stadium.

To me it's about the culture of the game. Mexico has lots and lots of stadiums with no roofs, but people sell them out.

I'm curious to see if NY can sell out their stadium. I'm not sure. New Jersey isn't exactly a hotbed of attendance.

mclaren
06-06-2009, 09:54 AM

How come Chicago doesn't sell out? They've had a nice stadium for many years, with a roof on both sides. RSL hasn't sold old their games, in a beautiful, covered, new stadium.

To me it's about the culture of the game. Mexico has lots and lots of stadiums with no roofs, but people sell them out.

I'm curious to see if NY can sell out their stadium. I'm not sure. New Jersey isn't exactly a hotbed of attendance.

Certainly you need to have a combination of efforts to build support for football in the community and a great facility where fans of all stripes (diehards, family) are willing to attend. However, I think the facilities we have now just serve to damage the league's reputation, rightly or wrongly, abroad.

Beach_Red
06-06-2009, 09:56 AM

The New York prices seem right for the demand that exists now for soccer. If that demand increases then so will the prices.

And you make a good point about Chicago and RSL - it looks like soccer is growing slowly in America so the investment in it will be cautious. Makes sense.

Now, if the new stadium in New York and the success of Seattle and (maybe) Phildelphia bring the game closer to the tipping point, things could change in a hurry.

SilverSamurai
06-06-2009, 11:30 AM
But they`ll have probably the best stadium in NA football.
I wouldn't go that far... Estadio Azteca anyone? That's the mecca of North American football. That thing is a monster!
Also the new Chivas Stadium that's going to be done later this year looks really nice too.
However NYRB new place looks amazing as far as MLS stadiums go. It's like BMO is a high school stadium in comparison, but hey BMO is our home. :hump:

You also have to consider that Mexico doesn't have 4 seasons like we do here (and NY as well)
It's either rainy or dry, that's pretty much it.

stugautz
06-06-2009, 11:46 AM

A) Seating for 25,000

B) A natural grass pitch

and,

But you still have to see the Shite Bulls every game

kodiakTFC
06-06-2009, 12:02 PM
My first away game will be to the new NYRB stadium, the thing is friggen beautiful. I also applaud how cheap the tickets are.