PDA

View Full Version : Result of lacross on BMO field..

sweetlemon69
06-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Has lead to huge grooves on all the yellow lines that it uses. I play on BMO 2 times a week and it's terrible hitting one of those areas. The way they try to wash the yellow lines off or whatever, results in them washing away the under turf, the black little things, and leaves the rut/hard ground exposed. This just made it worse and I hope somebody from BMO reads this.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-05-2009, 05:55 PM
*If grass was the Main surface at BMO, you would have to get used to the yellow lines, they would not wash off grass..at least with field turf
you can get rid of the yellow lines!!

Carts
06-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Has lead to huge grooves on all the yellow lines that it uses. I play on BMO 2 times a week and it's terrible hitting one of those areas. The way they try to wash the yellow lines off or whatever, results in them washing away the under turf, the black little things, and leaves the rut/hard ground exposed. This just made it worse and I hope somebody from BMO reads this.

This was talked about last year during the field turf presentation I attended during all-star week (during the q&a about the stuff). It was brought up in a question (along the lines of washing paint having an affect and it was quickly dismissed)...

Think back to last game, remember how much groomed rubber pellets were visible??? They obviously were trying to fill in the 'washed away areas' by over-grooming the pitch...

This could, unfortunately, make our bad plastic pitch - worse...

Mighty, you bring up a good point - if (hypothetical) MLSE ended up owning BMO & had grass, I'd bet the Nationals, and the yellow lines would stick around (its only 6-dates or something so they wouldn't killl the surface - and MLSE wouldn't turn away the rental fee from them $$$)...

Arg! I need another beer :drinking:

Carts...

mlsintoronto
06-05-2009, 06:35 PM
MLSE doesn't own BMO Field. The city does and would make those decisions.

Marco2K
06-05-2009, 06:44 PM

Thats a bunch of BS.

Sorry Paul but if MLSE is not careful the TFC BUZZ is gonna die fast.

All we ever get is excuses.

NO DP

NO GRASS.

NO CUPS.

=

ONE OF THIS SADDEST SOCCER TEAMS in the WORLD

Kevvv
06-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Well that was constructive.

werewolf
06-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Thats a bunch of BS.

Sorry Paul but if MLSE is not careful the TFC BUZZ is gonna die fast.

All we ever get is excuses.

No. That is actually factual, The City does own the stadium.

NO DP

NO GRASS.

NO CUPS.

=

How does this relate to Lacrosse?

flatpicker
06-05-2009, 06:50 PM
all these issues just make me sad, sad, sad...

http://lostrelations.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/sad_man.jpg

rocker
06-05-2009, 06:52 PM

the saddest is the new york red bulls.. they got a DP but never won the cup! hahaha

:scarf:

Kevvv
06-05-2009, 06:56 PM
I guess Marco feels betrayed that we don't have the grass or the cup that was promised.

We have a city council that is seriously considering tearing down a portion of a major expressway, and people are surprised that MLSE can't wave it's magic money stick to get a training ground built and grass put in? Get real. Unless anything has changed, grass is in the works, but not coming this summer. If it's off the cards 100%, never ever happening, I would hope Paul would tell us so, and why, and whose head goes on the pike. But to fucking whine that this is the saddest team in the world beacuse we haven't won a cup yet...

Kevvv
06-05-2009, 06:57 PM
the saddest is the new york red bulls.. they got a DP but never won the cup! hahaha

LA has two, if I'm not mistaken.

BakaGaijin
06-05-2009, 07:13 PM
*If grass was the Main surface at BMO, you would have to get used to the yellow lines, they would not wash off grass..at least with field turf
you can get rid of the yellow lines!!

Do you not mow grass?

Perhaps if the games were spread out far enough apart, John Deere could take care of those lines.

Hooligan69
06-05-2009, 07:17 PM
LA has two, if I'm not mistaken.

New York has zero. :eek:

Anyway, back to Lacrosse?

Corpand
06-05-2009, 07:21 PM
............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....} ............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_......... .._,-%.......`

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-05-2009, 07:30 PM

it was a what if, MLSE owned BMO..which should be their main priority..buy the city out...the City of Toronto has a cash crunch
so make them an offer<MLSE need to be in charge at BMO and to do
that they should take the gamble and buy the stadium,then lay grass,
get a dp and all will be right with the world..or plan B MLSE build a Soccer only stadium ...??

BakaGaijin
06-05-2009, 07:30 PM

Yes, but you do manage BMO Field on behalf of the city and you do spilt the profit from the stadium revenue streams.

Hence, cutting cost's and an overzealous pursuit of greed (i.e. Real Madrid and ridiculously priced beer).

http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/it/newsrel.nsf/7017df2f20edbe2885256619004e428e/e5c68d1b6129e3038525740500793be0?OpenDocument

"Besides managing the initial construction, MLSE is also responsible for all aspects of BMO Field's event management and facility operations. MLSE is the owner of Toronto FC, which sold out all 15 of its home games in 2007 to crowds of 20,000 fans at each game."

"BMO Field, home of Major League Soccer's Toronto FC and Canada's National Soccer teams, realized an operating profit of $900,000 during eight months of operations in 2007, resulting in the City of Toronto and MLSE each earning $450,000 in accordance with the operating agreement."

I wonder how much you made last year? That is public information......I would rather not have to look it up, could you just tell me?!?

What are this years forcast looking like?!? A steady shower of $$$?

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-05-2009, 07:32 PM

:scarf:

but they came close last seaon did they not?

windsorlad111
06-05-2009, 07:33 PM
i'm sure the players and coaching staff will let the stadium know if the pitch is not up to scratch.

rocker
06-05-2009, 07:52 PM
but they came close last seaon did they not?

looks like that was a fluke. they scraped into the playoffs as the final seed, only slightly above TFC.

now they're in last place.

Still haven't won the cup!

dcdcdc
06-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Let the players worry about grooves in the pitch. As a spectator what should it matter?

sweetlemon69
06-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Let the players worry about grooves in the pitch. As a spectator what should it matter?

Is this guy serious?